United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Rural Carrier Associate

Found 2,527 reviews matching the search See all 21,710 reviews
not good because of the new standards
Rural Carrier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 19, 2019
The new Postal Service relies on the rules of the book and not on the repercussions of what can happen with delivering mail to the wrong person. It was good until new management came in changed the way I was conducing my route which I had been doing for 10 years.
Great Job. Horrible management!
RCA Rural Carrier Associate/ Regular carrier (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTAugust 19, 2019
The Post Office can do whatever they want to their employees. Long work hours with a schedule that's uncontrolled. There is toxic leaders that use "Gaslighting" as a great way to control employees. Google Gaslighting in the workplace to better understand. You are salary when you are career. And just because the pay is salary does not mean it is a safe and stable pay. RCA rural carrier assistant. The PTF is a career carrier substitute and regular carrier is your normal mailman.
Depends on the location
Rural Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAAugust 18, 2019
If you have a good office that is staffed well it's not bad besides holidays plan to work a lotttt. People either can do it or can't, it's not difficult work but it is not for everyone. Fast paced especially at the start but if you're good at it you can relax quite a bit.
Mostly an awesome place to work overall
Reg carrier rural rt usps (Current Employee) –  Tonkawa ok 74653 k061August 18, 2019
Communication is an issue and compensation for rural carriers for vehicle maintenance could be better also more carriers to sub regular rt currently in my cluster of office there are five carriers for 8 rts and only one sub. This could be tended to more efficiently
Hard Job
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKAugust 18, 2019
The post office can be a great place to work with great pay. The job is very mental and physically exhausting!!! You don’t stop moving until you are done. You work a lot in my experience and don’t have much of a home/social life.
I only worked as a RCA for 2weeks after getting back from training.
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAAugust 15, 2019
1st week rode 1 day in jump seat with carrier I would be sub for , next day cased ,next day ran 1st half of route , then regular went on vacation leaving me on a route by myself not properly trained haven't even tan last part of route worked that week getting in at 1st at 8pm then 6pm then 5pm rest week , got letter in mmail
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management dont care about you
Overall I enjoyed working for USPS. Only
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Former Employee) –  Nash, TX. And. Hooks, TxAugust 15, 2019
The experience with USPS . Postal Service. Was concentration , dedication , completion.to get the job done. But the job is excitement to have a career for government branch service. To service the people each and every day.. as the old saying . The mail must go through. To it's destination. . I enjoyed see and learning . Improvement in placing the letters or Numbers on boxes needed.
Working as with the USPS is a no-nonsense, fast-paced work environment.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  1301 Marshall Ave., Lancsater, PA, 17603August 15, 2019
At the beginning of my day, I carriers were required to case the mail, receive accountable items, loading the truck, delivering mail and packages, and assisting other RCA's as needed. I learned about every detail and the hard work that goes into the postal system and mail distribution. Our department was not typically recognized by management, as our direct supervisor would normally leave in the mornings, leaving supervisors in other fields to tend to any issues if they could. This was in a warehouse-like setting with a very large, diverse group of coworkers in different departments. One of the harder parts of the job was trying to keep up with and abide by the very strict rules, as they changed sometimes on a daily basis. Sometimes the days were very long and exhausting, involving dangerous weather conditions and heavy lifting. My favorite part of this job was improving at my duties and being able to drive on my own during the afternoons.
Wish I was still there.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 15, 2019
I came in during their busy season, November and December, and my first day out by myself the vehicle broke down twice. I started at 7 am am didn't finish until 8:45 pm. I was so frustrated that I sign the papers to voluntarily quit. Wish I had hung in there. One regret I have was quitting.
Pros
Steady schedule, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Possibly long hours and vehicles breaking down.
Great Delivery
Assistant Rural Carrier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 14, 2019
Working for the postal service was and exciting and enjoyable time. This was another place of employment that I enjoyed going into work, seeing my co-workers and providing the customers with their packages.
Post Office is consuming
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 14, 2019
This is a great place to work. As long as you have a full support system to assist with small kids, it is great. Otherwise, it will become too much to handle.
Worst place to work
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TX 76051August 13, 2019
This is the worst job to ever work for the management is so bad there none of the supervisors talk to you with respect they all disrespect you a lot there not friendly people at all and the people that are supervisors how did they even get there job they don’t know how to manage anything they try there best to mess over your money too
Horrible Work Environment
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYAugust 13, 2019
I would only have 1 day off every other week. There was no work / life balance. The pay was good, but management was horrible. I worked there for almost 2 years and would not recommend it to anyone. The only upside was the pay and the union was so powerful it was almost impossible to be fired.
They overwork there employees
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 12, 2019
You only get 5 days off in a year so never make plans with family, work everyday even sundays. Supervisors are unprofessional, they pressure the carrier to hurry when delivering, no team work, and every mistake is your fault, so you need the union to defend you. If you get in accident your fired. I was here for two years, as a rural carrier, im supposed to provide my own vehicle.
be
to
Great job for people with no life or loved ones.
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 12, 2019
Always working long days, no benefits or time off. If you aren't scheduled every day for the week you can be called into work. Days are extra long when other people don't show up. Very understaffed and poor management.
If you have the time...
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 12, 2019
This is Not a career job off the get go! They tell you that your getting one day a week (maybe). No you are on-call, this does guarantee Any hours! And if you dont have a right hand drive vehicle get ready for pain. The white trucks are better for that but then you dont have heat/ac. Pay isn't enough to fix the POV (that will get destroyed) if you work less then 20 hours a week. But hey if you have the time go ahead.
Great
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 12, 2019
The job of a Rural Carrier Assistant is a challenging and understanding job.It requires you to completely fill in the slots where mail and packages are to be delivered to right locations, and the finish your job in a safe and timely manner.
Heavy work load, people in supervisor positions that should not be in supervisory positions.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 12, 2019
Worked for a few months, very disorganized. Supervisors as a whole did not know what they were doing from screwed up schedules to consistently checking up on you. Unprofessional behavior from supervisors, disrespectful to staff and just down right rudeness. You are expected to lift 70 pound packages out of a bin without assistance, something that is incredibly dangerous to do. Alot of staff out on "disability".
Hours and management is horrible
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Former Employee) –  Eaton Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2019
I worked there 4 years. You have to wait for someone to retire to move up and get your own route. There are POV routes where you use your own vehicle to deliver mail. (Yes...drive from the right of the car). It doesn't matter if you get a flat tire, get stuck in the snow, get stuck on ice, nail in your tire, if you are in your own vehicle, you are responsible for fixing the problem and still getting mail delivered by 5 pm.
Pros
The other carriers help teach you as much as they can.
Cons
Management only cares about mail being delivered...not the employees
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 11, 2019
All new management and all don’t know what they are doing post master is power hungry wouldn’t recommend someone to work here if they want something of a life you don’t get time off at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

56.7K

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

United States Postal Service Reviews by Location