United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Found 19,994 reviews matching the search See all 20,084 reviews
Fast pace environment which I love!!!
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Warfordsburg, PAApril 20, 2019
I wish there was more working days available, unfortunately your on call everyday minus Sunday. That's a con as a SUB aka RCA! I do love my job and the people I work with. The chances of becoming a regular carrier takes forever as in years.
Postal Carrier (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 20, 2019
I have respect for the Postal Carriers that do this job, i tried and just wasn't fast enough on my feet.
Great place to work they pay you for the training and have good benefits
Depressive, bizzar old fashioned union mentality, 1980's technology...
Postal Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Former Employee) –  Parker, COApril 20, 2019
I was very excited about working here but quickly found that the USPS is one of the worst managed, worst communication, worst funded, worst batch of physical plants I have ever been associated with! If the American population could actually see or be a part of this for just a short period they/we would be completely embarrassed!!!

I felt like I had walked back into the 1960's or 70's with the complete lack of quality technology, the beat up facilities at my location and at the main training/sorting plant. Loved the raw sewage next to the outdoor training area! I have always know that many companies have unions involved but there was this old, oppressive negative union mentality everywhere! I could go on and on but suffice to say that we should be completely embarrassed!!!
Good career benefits are very satisfying
Mail carrier (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 20, 2019
Case up mail and deliver mail keep customers up to date on how we do business. Learned people skills and know my way around streets and businesses much better. Management could have been more understanding. Workplace culture everyone for themselves. Hardest part of job is management expectations. Most enjoyable finally hitting the street and doing the actual job. Cant complain
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Short breaks heavy workload
Post Office
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 20, 2019
Job offers great pay however you don't have a life if you are not a regular carrier. If you are a CCA, you work when they want you to, which is all the time. They don't care anything about the employees or customers they only care about the mail being delivered. They don't want you talking to customers while on the route.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management sucks and they dont care anything about employees or customers
Horrible Top Management
Rural Route Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH 45840April 20, 2019
The USPS is the WORST managed organization with which I have ever been associated or even have knowledge of. Managers above the level of front line supervisors were uniformly nasty, visionless and abusive - completely lacking of people or management skills.
Relaxed environment, you can listen to music while you work!
Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2019
A typical day at this job is relaxing with music playing in one ear as you keep the other ear out for anyone who calls for you. (Which is barely ever, but still to keep that ear out!)
There's not much to learn business-wise... It's how much of the production is being handled with most of the time. Especially on the holidays!
Management is strict with time! If you want to get paid, then you'd better be ON TIME with your breaks and to come in for the beginning of work!
The workplace culture... it's not clean. It's a warehouse where dirt and dust are collected and not being noticed. I've caught the flu in the coldest of chills thanks to going outside to travel in between USPS buildings. Overall, I wouldn't want to work there BECAUSE of that!
Usps
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 19, 2019
No work-life balance at all... Decent money for my area, but no time for friends or family. Get ready to work 8 in a row minimum before a day off....
Guranteed one day on call no matter what
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIApril 19, 2019
No communication not a good balance for work and life alot of work!! Espcially if you are an rca your basically ignored sometimes you have to use your own vechile or wait for one mail and packages are alot to handle in such a short amount of time
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Usps
USPS Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 19, 2019
Case mail, deliver mail in Fairfield rural area, deliver express mail, priority mail, deliver Amazon packages. Pick up outgoing mail from varies locations.
Be prepared to work very hard
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2019
You’ll end up doing something more than just sorting and scanning mail in a processor machine. Lets just say I had a swing shift meaning afternoon shift. Don't ever say anytime when it comes to mail processing and mail handling for this interview you’ll regret it by the time they assign you to work a shift. They run 24/7 in 3 shifts. Night Shift is the worst and Swing Shift is the 2nd worse hopefully you're lucky for a Tour 2 morning shift you'll get a good overtime.Be prepared to work lots of overtime don't know why they do that to you is not for everyone. If you live alone, single and have nothing to look forward with your life with everything especially not living with parents or kids this is a job for you. I regret applying for this position but I give it a try I couldn't do it I have a reasonable life to live for. You’ll lose a lot of energy If you tough and you do live in the SF area plan ahead for transportation or driving. If you live further from the East Bay like me don't not work in SF, it'll be impossible for you to go home and sleep. You won’t have time to do much cause the next couple hours after you wake up you go straight to work. Be strong with lifting things especially mail bins. I left (resign<——remember this word in case you need to do a form) because is a hard job and commute sucks. Just be PSE SSDA don't ask why you'll regret if you apply for mail processing clerk position and good luck on getting through 90 day probation I only last 8 days.
Pros
good breaks, vending machines, guaranteed benefits
Cons
few supervisors with a tough accent, loud environment, clock in Striction, Physical Labor, Safety
no fun to work at.
USPS Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 19, 2019
Management expects so much out of you. They are very lazy and some have bad attitudes. It is better to be a clerk then you wont be watch from a computer of your every move.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Hard to get hired in.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Anna, OHApril 19, 2019
I loved the job. I knew going in that if I was going to get full time that someone needed to retire/quit/die. The health insurance was very pricey if you’re working 2 days a week. I only had to leave because I wasn’t getting enough hours and couldn’t afford the health insurance.
Pros
Co-workers, independence, insurance
Cons
Christmas, amazon, getting hired in.
Just terrible!
Postal Support Employee (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 19, 2019
Minimal training. Management that is totally clueless. They also like to lie and threaten people's jobs. Forced to work 10-12 hours a day at least half the week.
mailtrucks and weather
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIApril 19, 2019
Everyday was something new and exciting . Customers were very friendly . Coworkers were very helpful in a time of need. Spent the majority of the time outdoors
benefits
Cons
dogs
Pay is Great
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 19, 2019
Pay is good but management sucks, they are rude disrespectful and feel as if they can say whatever because they are management. You don't start as a regular so the hours are terrible you work six days a week any time they tell you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, rude management, off days, work every holiday
Poor working environment
Rural Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Bellefonte, PAApril 19, 2019
Supervisors do not care about your safety and we were sometimes required to meet impossible deadlines. Carriers are set up to fail just to avoid raises and during mail count procedures are in place to ensure our route would lose money when in fact in was more work.
ok
USPS Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 19, 2019
Very fast paced environment , extremely stressful cause or managements lack of knowledge,poor judgement and no common sense
. They just do what whoever upper management says. Always harassing employees this has gone on my whole career(33 years)
Pros
working alone outside
Cons
constantly being followed while performing our jobs
Fast paced place to work
Mailhandler (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2019
The United States Postal Service is a fast paced hard working place to work but my experience working there prepared me for other adventures in my life.
Staff
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 19, 2019
They are all stuck in there ways, they don’t like change and new people coming into the job, they talk about people n smile in they face. The job is great but the managers n older staff is horrible well 80% of them. I love my job but the people I work with make me not want to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

56.4K

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss