United Summit Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Many hours but low pay
MANAGER LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 7, 2018
If you are willing to work several hours of overtime you may get a decent check but working 40 hours a week will not give you enough income to live. There is no chance for advancement.
Difficult to do what is right for clients
Waiver RN (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WV 26301April 7, 2018
Too many non-medical management people over nursing department. Management seems more concerned about the company than doing what is right for the clients
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay
Poor Management
Behavior health technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 28, 2018
USC PCU does not seem to care about the staff or the environment they put staff in. They never deal with employees who are constantly late, never responded to concerns of other staff members. Always telling people the only way to get fired is by sleeping with a client, it is ridiculous, and extremely unprofessional. It was like being in a High school setting with preschoolers.
Pros
Hard to get fired, did work with my schedule
Cons
Unprofessional, no management
Very unlikely to recommend.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVMarch 24, 2018
New employees do not receive effective training and they are thrown into the field with little knowledge on the proper procedures to run an effective mental health facility. You are constantly stressed about meeting "productivity" and how to ensure that all of your clients' needs are being met.
Pros
Health insurance is excellent.
Cons
Productivity, overwhelming caseloads, turnover rate high
Great
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMarch 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was my manager and co -workers that are very knowledgeable in their job. I learned about various type
of Insurances and secretarial duties required of the job.
Benefits
Cons
Was not happy with this job
BS/BSP1 (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 11, 2018
USC has poor management, the pay is terrible and the stress is high. If you are successful upper management will take recognition for your success and if something goes wrong upper management will throw you under the bus to take the fall. They will force you to question you self worth and ethical believes. I will never work for this company again as long as those people continue to run that company into the ground. I saddens me to see a lot of good people leaving that company because of the few bad apples that just need to go.
review for UHC
BHT (Former Employee) –  Braxton, WVFebruary 1, 2018
I learned Deveroux and CPR.
work was very easy going
management was very helpful
I worked for a family member so I had a easy job and it was always fun
Pros
easy comute
Cons
i was pregnant
Low hours
Behavior Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Sutton, WVJanuary 24, 2018
I could not afford to stay at this job getting less than 30 hours a week. I had a stressful client and I was pregnant at the time with a high risk pregnancy.
Pros
Nice coworkers, got to drive to relaxing locations such as the lake and picnic areas, got to do fun things with the clients
Cons
stressful client, low hours, no benefits, wear and tear on car
Relaxed
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 16, 2018
This was the best career that I have had; working with all of the different clients and learning their background about what caused them to start using drugs and finding ways for them to stay away from them.
Will never work with them again
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 28, 2017
management is terrible instead of having one supervisor sometimes you have two or three everyone telling you different things there ratio of turn out of employees are high because they do not pay enough plus you have staff calling off all the time
poor management
School Based Counselor (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVDecember 15, 2017
This is a very stressful place to work. Where people do not want to do their own jobs and place the blame or responsibility on to others. I have had my manager changed with out me knowing at least 3 times in the past two months and on one can answer any of the questions I have asked.
Its decent
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVNovember 18, 2017
I started working at the Summit Center in July, I loved it. Then the supervisor left and we got a new one and now the place is going down hill and they don't pay enough money to deal with that.
Over worked and underpaid
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 26, 2017
It is a hostile working environment, the staff belittle other staff in front of clients and staff. They are understaffed and require you to cover the shortages so you are doing the job of four people and only get under paid for one.
Pros
You are helping clients
Cons
you don't get breaks
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVAugust 18, 2017
The work environment was productive and will keep you busy. The employee's are very friendly and helpful. The supervisor's are very understanding of family emergencies.
Loved the People I worked with terrible pay and terrible upper management
Managerial Liaison (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 24, 2017
I loved the people that I worked with in the bidgeport office but we all agree it's terrible pay. Along with terrible pay we also have terrible upper management who are only in it for the money and not for actually helping the clients
Worked with many difficult personalites
Crisis Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 4, 2017
The unit I worked on was not run very well and employees are given a tremendous amount of responsibility. I had three different managers in a period of 7 months.
Pros
enjoyed the work itself as it was very rewarding
Cons
very low pay
Good Place To Work
assist client (Former Employee) –  Weston, WV 26452March 15, 2017
This is a good place to work. I enjoyed working with the people I worked with and the environment in which it was in. I got to make my own work schedule which was very nice. The only bad thing I have to say is that there was a decent amount of paperwork.
Pros
Cons
Paperwork
Room for improvement but nature of the industry
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 12, 2017
In community mental health care, there is always room for improvement. This is certainly the case here. However, for what it is, it is not a bad place to start one's career and likely move on to more lucrative opportunities.
Provides good services to the mentally ill population
Behavioral Health Director (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 5, 2017
I have been fortunate to advance within the company. I have gained a lot of work experience from United Summit Center. I enjoy working in the behavioral health field.
Great beginning job for the field
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, WVDecember 13, 2016
The company is great for those who are beginning in the field to gain a better understanding of mental health including the treatment planning process, working as part of a treatment team, and providing appropriate care.
Typical day at work included individual therapy sessions, contact and communication with parents, clients, and community members.
The most difficult part of the job is maintaining caseloads of 70+ clients.
The most enjoyable part of this job for me was the people that I work with in the immediate satellite office.
Pros
Coworkers, learning experience
Cons
Extensive travel, low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Summit Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight