United Supermarkets Employee Reviews

It is your basic supermarket job but the pay is pretty lackluster
Bakery and Deli employee (Former Employee) –  Mangum, OKAugust 11, 2018
It is a good job if you are high school kid or someone just looking for a pretty standard job. There isn't a whole lot of room for advancement or raises. It's low paying and the work can be very tedious but there are worse jobs out there.
Good place
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Graham, TXAugust 8, 2018
Good place to learn how to cook prep food cook large amount of food to customers good employees really helpfull willing to teach you what you need to do to fulfill your job duties
a place with lovely people
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXAugust 7, 2018
awesome place to work for.great staff that helps each other all the time.amazing management team that provides full support to their team.they treat each other like family.
United
Checker (Current Employee) –  Burkburnett, TX 76354August 7, 2018
I learned how to talk to customers and be professional, work with money and learned how to become a good part of the community and you see new people everyday
Pros
They work with schooling and if there is something happening with your family
Cons
bad pay and no hours
More for High and College students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXAugust 4, 2018
Nice place to work at called customers by name
Greeted customers with warm smile helped them find what they needed in the store
I enjoyed working there as part time
Pros
Worked with hours for time off
Cons
Breaks
Great Character building job!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 1, 2018
I loved working for united! I have been there since I was 16 and I can tell you its been going for my personality to open up and be exposed to different types of people and situations. United shows the meaning of working for a team. It builds character and the meaning behind helping the community! I recommend it to anyone especially high school student just starting out. They work with school schedules and that's especially good for college students! Becoming full time isn't easy but if you work your way up into management its worth it.
Pros
schedules
Cons
hours
high school job
Checker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJuly 31, 2018
check customers, cash handling, customer faced, faced store, and kept area clean. Learned cust service skills and cash handling skills. Management was not professional. Culture great, not hard job and enjoyed customers
Pros
great customers, good coworkers
Cons
min wage
Enjoyable and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for United Supermarkets and I would highly recommend it for anyone part time or full time work. It is a friendly and safe working environment . Low stress and fast paced at times. Provides the best customer service experience that I know. Employees were always nice and helpful to everyone and always had a smile and spoke to everyone they saw.
Pros
Had great benefits
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Is a fun place to work if you want to work just part time
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Levelland, TXJuly 29, 2018
It's a fun place to work if you want to work just part ime, there are no full time jobs available, except manager postions. But it's a relaxing place to be and fun place to work
Pros
good lunches a
Cons
not enough pay
Felt like family
Back Door Receiver/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at United, most times it felt like family. Co-workers cared about you and you got to know your customers. Most times your personal schedule could be worked around your work schedule and there was always a chance at getting overtime.
Great place to work.
Dairy Manager (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 25, 2018
It's a great place to work. everyone's friendly and very helpful. I enjoy it everyday. There is alot to keep you busy. The management is great as well.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
can be a little slow.
Good, if you need a workaround for college and school
Stocker/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brownfield, TXJuly 24, 2018
I've worked at a particular United Supermarkets location in Brownfield, TX where the advancements are denied to the locale workers and given to out of town replacements who last monthly at our current location. The location offers very little full time options that can intermingle with great pay and great hours. Also the management has been known to goof off and come in hungover from previous nights partying. No benefits given to part time workers, and advancement seems very biased and only allowed to some in desperate needs. Hard work does not seem to be returned in full at this company and many of the the long time workers struggle paying their weekly and monthly bills.
Pros
good for students, or non financially dependent job workers.
Cons
short breaks, no advancement, non healthy work environment, toxic behavior from management, and low pay
admin
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 24, 2018
I love my job here at United, I cannot move up, therefore my pay can never change. I received a .50 pay raise last month. that was the first in 6 years. I was told I would never see another one. I was at the top of the pay scale.
They work great with school schedules, and sports.
They have many community events and donate to many causes for Amarillo & Canyon
Pros
life time friends
Cons
pay
Great job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hereford, TXJuly 22, 2018
I really do love working for the company. My bosses allow a really flexible schedule where I am able to attend school full time, while still working part time.
Productive and fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 21, 2018
Usually between the morning and noon its slow and as you getting more into the lunch time when other people take their lunch breaks come and we have a small rush and then we are usually steady and as it hits 4:30 to 5 we get our after work rush and it will last at least an hour to 2. We have so many good workers we have such a fun environment at United.
Great job to work for..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJuly 20, 2018
If you like a face paced job this is the job for you.. we always focused on our guests and getting them in and out at all times... And also the managers would always work around your availability
fun and caring environment
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 16, 2018
Everyone really helped out in every department. The environment was very laid back and enjoyable. The managers and co-workers were very caring and sweet to all people.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
not what I wanted to do
Awful managment
Stocker/ bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 13, 2018
The manager was never in contact with the employee, any one could cause a problem with no verification of facts. They never allow raises. Wouldn't provide adequate hours.
Pros
Cons
Over all poor managment
Good for a first job, or as a way to make extra money on the site, but not really a career.
Assistant Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 11, 2018
I worked for United Supermarkets from 2008 to 2018, overall the people I worked with were very good people, store managers included, however, the pay is low, though the benefits are very good, so it's a balance. Overall United Supermarkets is something I would recommend for students or as a second job, however, the money to make a living just isn't there until you reach department management.
Pros
Great people, Flexible hours, good benefits.
Cons
Low pay.
Management could use some work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 10, 2018
The manager I worked under, only tried to get out of his duties and avoid actual work itself. I worked there for a year and a half for minimum wage and no raises. The work was hard and somewhat unrewarding. The only benefit was my exposure to others and the development of my own service skills.