United Supermarkets Employee Reviews

fast paced work place
Bookkeeper/Guest Service (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2018
A typical day here is stressful. The coworkers are always in a bad mood and complain often. Management was nice in some of the stores I worked in but awful in others. The job requires a lot of walking and standing and little time for breaks. They do not give out raises fairly, especially for the work put in.
Cons
short breaks no raises
Good first job but awful place to stay
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 8, 2018
If you are HS student then this is great super easy and paid weekly. Do not stay here longer than you have to the people are awful the management does not care about employees at all.
Pros
Breaks, paid weekly
Cons
Everything else
Hard Work, High Expectations with little time
Cashier,stocker, maintenence (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 7, 2018
This place is crazy cheap when it comes to raises. When I started I made $7.25 an hour, I have now been there for four years and barely just got a raise to $9.10, I have done just about every position there, never called in, and almost always went in on my days off, and am always early.
Freindly and good for a first job.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 7, 2018
The managers were excellent at handling any and all issues brought up by guests and workers alike, but they often would spend the majority of the day in their offices waiting for something to go wrong. The pay is a little on the lack luster side, making it an excellent first job, but I would not recommend it as a long time career.
Overall working experience
Sacker/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXOctober 5, 2018
My work experience at United Supermarkets was very exceptional. I enjoyed my managers and my co-workers that I worked with, and after I left I even had some friends. If given the chance, I would work here again.
Pros
Wonderful workplace
Cons
Short breaks
Questionable
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TXOctober 4, 2018
You get there and they say their family but you do one thing wrong and they will make you feel like your the worst person alive for the rest of the day and you can't call in for Any reason cause if you do you get fired! I believe they are bias and play games with people. It's a good job if you can put up with people actively trying to make it seem like they are better than you!!
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Management makes no attempt to get to know employees.
Service Counter (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 2, 2018
I worked for this company since I was 15 and left 8+ years later. When I was there the benefits were not that great. I was full time. I hear the benefits are better now. My biggest issue was management and favoritism. They have soo many front end leads that are children, really children that are entitled brats. I worked at the service counter for 2 years and some of the front ends would slack off and be lazy.. I also had some issues with store directors and management in general, So many of them are unprofessional. I would never make a career out of this company but it is a good place to start as a first job. All my siblings have worked for this company. All have left as well.
Pros
Good first time job
Cons
management
fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 2, 2018
Bag customer groceries and take and unload in the customers vehicle. Maintain a poitive attitude and thank customer for shopping with our store.

management was always walking the floor
Productive and fun work environment
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 29, 2018
I have created life long friendships working with this company. I have worked at two different locations. There is plenty of room to grow and learn valuable skills.
Fun work place. Not enough hours.
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I quit working at United Supermarkets because they did not give me the hours that I needed even after asking for more hours. I asked for every other weekend off and I received that but I only worked once every two weeks for 7 hours.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Not enough hours, not good enough pay due to working conditions
upbeat place to work at
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 27, 2018
It was easy making coworkers your friends outside of work. Everyone worked as a team and made work enjoyable. There was never a dull day or moment. I always left in a good mood.
Fun and fast past job.
Cashier/sacker (Former Employee) –  Lamesa, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I was just so use to working food places and waitressing! But when i got this job at grocery store. I loved it great exercise during your work time walking and lifting !Talking with are guest and helping older guest find items in store.
Pros
I loved the weekly pay .
Cons
Short breaks, no ins.or benifiets unless your fulltime.
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKSeptember 19, 2018
I loved working here. You got to meet new people everyday and look at all the kinds of food you can buy if you like a quick paced environment and you love working retail then this is the job for you but you have to have good customer service.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No free lunches
Productive and clean place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Littlefield, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I loved working at United the management team where great people to work with and I loved that they gave me the opportunity to not only learn to work as a cashier but also learn the shipping department and price tags. I also loved that United teams always worked as a team it wasn’t like I can’t do that is not my department but they all work together to make United a better place for customers to shop and work.
Its okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at United until I realize how bad and unfair the pay was. I was a sacker and got moved up to checker 6 months later. I only got a .35 cent raise. I do recommend this as a high school job for freshman. Gets their experience in and working with others. I usually enjoyed communicating with my “ United Family” and they were always there for me. As well as the guest.
Pros
Communicating skills
Cons
Pay
Provides Good Customer Service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Snyder, TXSeptember 10, 2018
United is a good place to work. It provides training not just for the workplace, but it teaches teamwork and customer service. The hours are flexible.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Too focused on labor
Everything is fine
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 9, 2018
No complaints. Just need more money. If the hours work I will do both jobs. Enjoy working with people and helping others. The benefits are great and the crew I work with is great
Pros
Helping others
Cons
There is none
job is okay as long as you meet the requirements.
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Good place to work depending on your role in the system, if night stocker will have to throw 60 cases an hour if day crew then must be people friendly and always have a smile.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
depending on manager if how happy you will be with your job
Wasnt enough hours
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXSeptember 8, 2018
They always cut hours from the ones who need hours and give it to other people. Would work maybe 3 days a week and off the rest of the time, with very little call ins
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive mentality
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I would go in and do whatever the managers saw was needed of me. I learned a lot about working with others and how you can't rely on another person to get their job done.
Pros
Friendly and understanding management, flexible with schedule
Cons
pay wasn't great