United Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Good place to start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXNovember 28, 2018
Starting here as a teenager, it was very beneficial. The hours were very flexible. Working here was very helpful during school hours, and the money was helpful during that time.
Clean Store, Work was a typical day and enjoyable
Checker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muleshoe, TXNovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed working with customers and the team members. They were good workers and so was my supervisor and the bosses there. The part that I enjoyed ab out my this job was being able to work as a checker and I learned quickly how to check out customers and bagged their groceries.
Cons
no healthcare.
Not the worst
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 20, 2018
The job is fairly dead end. You get lots of help, but no real chance to move up or around if you want to, and staffing is somewhat scarce to be prepared to be in multiple locations at one time.
Pros
Friendly staff, helpful, lunch
Cons
No advancement, short handed
Fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 20, 2018
Working at United I had fun but the pay for working crazy times during the holidays wasn’t enough. I didn’t make enough for rent if I worked regular hours so I worked a lot of over time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks. Short hours.
Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 14, 2018
Working at United is great for those who are starting to work for the first time. They are flexible with working with school schedules whether your in high school or college.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low salary
Moderate job
Checker (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 13, 2018
I have been working at United for over a year now and I can say it is the easiest job you will find. The hours are very flexible and easy. However I have not gotten a raise from my low hourly pay wage and they won't appreciate the work you have done for them. Expect favoritism within the management and don't be surprised if you're the one that has to pick up the slack of lazy workers. I can say that you will bond with the coworkers pretty easily and get breaks working short shifts. You'll make a lot of friends and customers will tell you their life stories from time to time. The store I work at is relatively new and slow due to the location, so it's not as busy as how others can be which is a pro. It's a great first job, but if you're looking for a higher pay than minimum wage I wouldn't recommend it.
Easy work, great coworkers, unfriendly managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXNovember 12, 2018
Gets pretty stressful on weekends or holidays. Co-workers made this job bearable due to the unfriendly customers. Fast paced job during prime hours, but is very calm during morning and night shifts. Had great memories with co-workers and made many friends. I've learned a lot about customer service and working a cash register.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
mean customers, workers are expendable
Learned new skills
Cashier/Sacker (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time there but had some medical issues to come up. Good place to work and they worked with me on my schedule and really work with young workers to gain experience.
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Supervisor
Fast paced
Sacked (Former Employee) –  Amarillo TXNovember 7, 2018
United supermarket is a fast paced environment with kind people. They always help with what you need help with, they always put the customer first and they make it about the customer.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay
Simple first job for high schoolers
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Post, TXOctober 29, 2018
Poor pay and long hours for the amount of work I had done. Decent job overall. Fun to interact with customers and make a difference in their day. Good learning experience.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Management, pay
fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 25, 2018
working at united is a breath of fresh air. The company is really family oriented. We are not just workers we are a family if one hurts we support each other.
I loved my job! I was an asset to the company. They were bought out by a different Corporation, and changes were made
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 25, 2018
United is a great place to work as a younger persons first job. They are willing to work around school schedules and accommodate the sport schedules.
I loved my job! i started in 2002-2018. My job duties were to asst the store director in all of his office work.
Pros
open availability
Cons
raises
Good place
Checker and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 23, 2018
Everyone is very friendly and they work well around your schedule. Managers can be difficult sometime and not always approachable though. Other than that it's a pretty good place to work for a few years.
productive medium-fast paced
Food service clerk (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 22, 2018
I worked the hot table which means I provided guest with food and their ticket to take to the register to pay. That part of the job was usually slow but would pick up the past if we had a lot of guest come at once. I say the most fast paced part of the job was when we shut down and cleaned our section everyone is in a hurry to finish cleaning everything so we could leave and clock out on time.
Cons
no free food
AT times very business place
Receiver/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, TXOctober 21, 2018
There are coworkers that make the day go by faster and there are some that are rude and hard to get along with. I receive vendors and stock shelves on Monday, Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays. The hardest part of the job for me is lifting big boxes.
Pros
Sometimes we get free lunches
Cons
short breakss
GREAT Experience
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 19, 2018
Ever since walking through the doors of United Supermarkets' Market Street, I absolutely LOVED working with such great, hardworking people. I feel that everything in between management and team members is highly valued, and the company does its very best to teach real life skills that stick with each team member, for the rest of their lives.

The hardest part was being on the move, more often than not, in a more steady-paced environment. But, it surely teaches you to have an even better work ethic from the very first day that you start.

Overall, this is an incredible company where everybody knows each other, within the store, and everyone is treated with respect and like family. What more could you ask for?!?! THIS is a GREAT place to work!
Pros
Good breaks, flexible scheduling.
Cons
Can be extremely hard work, depending on who you are.
Overall job satisfaction
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 15, 2018
As a product demonstrator I was tasked with promoting new products and at Holidays, staples as well as party platters and prepared dinners. It was overheard and repeated to me that "She could sell ice cream to Eskimo's". Management was pleased with my work and I enjoyed it because I got to meet and talk to a lot of different people.
It was hard sometimes, considering I worked in the deli department to respect the diversified cultures that came to try my samples but I was always able to avoid insulting anyone. The fun part of the job was seeing the smiles when someone thought they didn't like something but I talked them into trying it and they were surprised it was so good.
Pros
Talking with people
Cons
Had to supply my own table decorations and display dishes
fast paced work place
Bookkeeper/Guest Service (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2018
A typical day here is stressful. The coworkers are always in a bad mood and complain often. Management was nice in some of the stores I worked in but awful in others. The job requires a lot of walking and standing and little time for breaks. They do not give out raises fairly, especially for the work put in.
Cons
short breaks no raises
Good first job but awful place to stay
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 8, 2018
If you are HS student then this is great super easy and paid weekly. Do not stay here longer than you have to the people are awful the management does not care about employees at all.
Pros
Breaks, paid weekly
Cons
Everything else
Hard Work, High Expectations with little time
Cashier,stocker, maintenence (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 7, 2018
This place is crazy cheap when it comes to raises. When I started I made $7.25 an hour, I have now been there for four years and barely just got a raise to $9.10, I have done just about every position there, never called in, and almost always went in on my days off, and am always early.