United Surgical Partners International Employee Reviews

Featured review
United Surgical Partners International selected this as a representative review
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 27, 2018
I love working here. I started while i was pregnant and they took me in and trained me. This was my first job as a surgical tech and they worked with me and made me the surgical tech i am today. My reason for wanting to venture off is i need more pay and more case experience.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
not enough pay
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2019
everyone is kind, helpful and appreciative everywhere i travel to help. they seem to have a young group of nurses in manager positions driving evidence based practices.
Great pay, no hours
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 11, 2019
They offer a great hourly wage, only problem, you will work four hours per day. Surgeons are rude, condescending a-holes. Cut throat with very little training. Run out of supplies constantly. Send pts. To surgery with no IV fluids, to help cut costs. Very unsafe,
Pros
Good pay per hour
Cons
Cut throat
Fast paced, and you better be able to keep up
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 4, 2019
Employees are great. Working with the patients is great. The new upper management is horrible which has led to a lot of turnover. Your work is never good enough. Don't care about employees. At clinic level the people are great and really care about their patients. Wish management cared about employees. Dedicated many years to this company and planned on staying there, but due to new management I needed to leave for my own sanity. Again, the management is horrible. Unless you’re ok with management picking favorite employees and pointing out every negative thing you do then this might be the job for you.
Pros
Benefits, people, pay
January 17, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working with the organization. We are, of course, disappointed that we have in some way failed to meet your expectations. I have shared your response with my management team and we will address your concerns. We wish you the best in your endeavors.

Do not work here
Business office (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 23, 2018
Management is uneducated, lacks professionalism, extremely poor leadership, no room for advancement, suboptimal salary, and last but certainly not least, horrible work culture.
USPI managed to ruin a perfectly profitable, well run environment where people wanted to work; now people are leaving so fast, no applicants
RN (Current Employee) –  PADecember 1, 2018
10 times the amount of people left this place in 2 years since USPI aquired us than left in the previous 10 year history. Every employee will tell you everything has changed for the worst since USPI came on board. My pay has been reduced so many times because of low census, some weeks I couldn't cover my basic deductions. Management clearly doesn't care about the employees needs. Their open door policy consists of making an appointment, then it's a management no show. Since the employees stopped carring about USPI as much as USPI doesn 't care about us, we are seeing a rapid atrition rate of employees, agitation levels rising, and NO ONE is going to go that extra mile. I think it is about time to have a reverse fireside chat where the employee talks to managent, and they lisiten to what we have to say, rather than them showing us graphs of where we will be in the next 1-5 years. At the rate people are leaving, this location won't be here in 3 years. We used to be proud of our hospital; now I would'nt even recommend this place for any kind of care.
I never used to wake up hating to go to work, now I hate the thought of going to work. I'm going to accept my next job offer, it can't be worse than USPI.
Pros
Cons
Your on your own, No management support, Subpar pay, Poor benefits, Short staffed. Having worked at USPI carries a mark against you for job searches
January 17, 2019

We appreciate your time to leave a response. We are disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations concerning the management team. Your concerns will be addressed with the management team immediately.

Fun Place to Work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time with USPI. I learned a lot about accounting and various concepts. I was always encouraged to learn in order to further my career. I appreciate everything they taught me.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
There are no Cons. Great company
January 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit your personal response of your professional time with our organization. We are fortunate to have some of the best professionals in the state working at our organization. Moreover, they are committed to the power of sharing knowledge in the workplace and putting that into practice. We are glad to have you as part of our team. USPI's staff, like you, is what makes the organization a great team!

All on me.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Tx. UptownOctober 27, 2018
Thankfull they took me just out of school. I was the only one staff licensed to do my job.
Then the RNs and Mgmt required me preform procedures with out Dr signature. When you stand your ground they say, "you're being hostile." Managed to stay there 10 + years. But over the course that time has the facility grew every one they hired they put in charge over me, and continued to put people positions over me right out of school.
Management said "there's no such thing as seniority." "Just do what they tell you to do."
1/3 of the problem got resolved only because Admin from Addison got involved. But now I am retired...
Pros
Some staff
Cons
Act like your friends, then use anything to get you out.
Terrible place to work & Horrible management
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnOctober 23, 2018
I accepted the position at the Eye Surgery Center of Nashville as a Medical Records Clerk. Was hired full time, but never got 40 hours a week unless I used PTO. The manager and administrator were both very unprofessional and nit-picky about everything. They want to hire someone in this position to push around and walk all over somebody and that person was not me. If you aren't on the clinical side you basically get thrown under the bus for everything that goes on in the office. Also, too much work for very little pay, and no teamwork involved at all. I would not recommend this facility to work at to anyone. USPI alone is an alright company, but the Eye Surgery Center is a terrible place to work with unprofessional people to work with.
Pros
Free lunch some days, got to wear scrubs
Cons
Pay, hours, poor management, drama
Good pay but not worth the stress
RN (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 22, 2018
With it being a surgery center, you expect the hours to be somewhat inconsistent. At the Green Valley surgery center, the hours are sporadic. You may work over time one week and less than 20 the next week. Upper management is quick to yell and berate you when a small mistake is made, but you never hear good job. Equipment is constantly broken and literally takes MONTHS to get things repaired. As far as coworkers go, this is the messiest group of adults I have ever worked with. People are immature and are quick to spread personal business. I will say work days go by quickly since it is so fast-paced, and for the most part the doctors are easy to work with.
Pros
Learned a lot. Good PTO accrual.
Cons
Broken equipment. Poor management. Inconsistent hours.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MOOctober 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working for united surgical partners international. I floated to many different locations throughout the St. Louis region. All locations had a safe, welcoming environment.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your response regarding your professional experience with our organization. We are very fortunate to have several locations within the metro-St.Louis area that provide opportunity for the working community. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Want to know more about United Surgical Partners International?

Ask a question
Great learning experience
Pre-Op/PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 17, 2018
Helped build the surgical center from ground up. Great learning experience. Was able to see what drives a company from the inside out. However, wasn't up and running by the time I was hired.
Pros
Was able to venture out to other USPI sites for help
Cons
Not fully running
I have never worked in such a toxic, dysfunctional environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 8, 2018
What can I say - direct supervisor who is not only ill-tempered but obviously has no training in managing employees. Insecure, easily threatened, vengeful and completely resistant to change or suggestions. She has minions, entry-level young women, who spy for and report to her. Administration and HR tolerate her behavior because she keeps the money-making CT/MRI department running. This is the most stressful and unsupportive facility I have ever worked at.
Pros
Schedule, salary, benefits
Cons
See below
January 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your experience at our surgery center. It is disheartening to hear that you felt displeased about your time there. Your response will be shared with the team in an effort to continuous improve employee experience and expectation.

Do not work here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Your job role is based on the color of your skin. You will not get fair schedules, management is unknowledgeable and very unfair and truly do not care about the company or employees. You voice concerns and nothing will change. HR should really look into this facility and the culture it operates under.
Co-workers were great, management is terrible
BOS (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 19, 2018
I worked here for over 2 years with an admin whom everyone was afraid of and could never be themselves around her because she was a bully,attempting to do something about it and calling the compliance hotline, I was retaliated against and FIRED! Never feel that talking to someone will make the workplace better here at this company, you're only frowned upon and told that you've made an "uncomfortable work place!"
Pros
Benefits and work / life balance
Poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  NevadaSeptember 16, 2018
USPI's management technique's are less than optimal. Lack of ethics and integrity is a priority over patient safety, the faster you go, more money, don't worry about the patient's They give you PR meetings & the minute they are over, nothing good is implimited, back to unfair treatment. Believe in promoting from within, without any formal training or experience. The less you know, the more they want you, never compensate for experience. They want to mold you into thier culture, go fast ( non emergency surgeries) & make them money. Supplies always on back order and, just do without. Management gets free lunches.
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
Unethical Management
January 17, 2019

We appreciate that you took the time to review our organization. We take complaints of unethical behavior very seriously. Your concerns will be addressed. We encourage all employees to speak up without fear or retaliation; we have an Ethics Hotline for which you are capable of doing so anonymously if you wish. I hope you felt empowered to do so. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and appreciate you expressing your personal concerns.

hostile workplace
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I have many years of experience as a surgical nurse, yet was criticized for my performance on a daily basis by management. Not a pleasant working environment. Never got 40 hours a week as promised. The one positive aspect: the staff. They were awesome, very supportive, total opposite of management.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
management
felt like family
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2018
The office I worked in felt like a family! Loving environment. Everyone was collaborative and willing to compromise. Took the care of patients very seriously.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience with us. Our organization takes intentional strides to make the employee experience a positive one; I hope that you also had a chance to give feedback to your team as well. We are glad to have you as a part of the USPI family serving other families!

Horrible Managment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 11, 2018
The main reason why I left was managment. Mananger is incompetent, shows lots of favoritism, harasses employees, and creates an overall hostile work environment. The only reason I am giving two stars is because of the benefits and PTO. Too much work for one person and not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Very stressful and overwhelming. No one was allowed to help each other, no team work was allowed. Glad I am out of there.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits, pto
Cons
Too much work, stressful, overwhelming, hostile
August 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our organization. We take reports of harassment of any type very serious. Our teammates are our support system at work, but if your team is dysfunctional and does not communicate well, there are bound to be problems that cause stress and your perception that their is very little teamwork. I will share your concerns with the management at the center. Please feel free to contact us directly with details about your concern.

Terrible
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 11, 2018
Management and doctors place unreasonable expectations on clinical staff. They slackers are promoted while the hard workers just work harder. Zero incentive, low pay and only possible 2% raises per year. I have worked there 7 years and have never had a 15 minute break but many times I've had to work through my lunch. You are expected to stay late or come in early but if low patient census you are sent home but must remain available if on the schedule.
Very Poor Management
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 6, 2018
Very Low Pay. Business Management and Office Manager do not know what they are doing.. Office manager came in as a Big Bully and still acts like one.
Pay is low with pressure being placed on no errors made its ridiculous..
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No breaks, low pay, very stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Surgical Partners International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9