United Surgical Partners International Employee Reviews

Featured review
United Surgical Partners International selected this as a representative review
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 27, 2018
I love working here. I started while i was pregnant and they took me in and trained me. This was my first job as a surgical tech and they worked with me and made me the surgical tech i am today. My reason for wanting to venture off is i need more pay and more case experience.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
not enough pay
Fun Place to Work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time with USPI. I learned a lot about accounting and various concepts. I was always encouraged to learn in order to further my career. I appreciate everything they taught me.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
There are no Cons. Great company
All on me.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Tx. UptownOctober 27, 2018
Thankfull they took me just out of school. I was the only one staff licensed to do my job.
Then the RNs and Mgmt required me preform procedures with out Dr signature. When you stand your ground they say, "you're being hostile." Managed to stay there 10 + years. But over the course that time has the facility grew every one they hired they put in charge over me, and continued to put people positions over me right out of school.
Management said "there's no such thing as seniority." "Just do what they tell you to do."
1/3 of the problem got resolved only because Admin from Addison got involved. But now I am retired...
Pros
Some staff
Cons
Act like your friends, then use anything to get you out.
Terrible place to work & Horrible management
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnOctober 23, 2018
I accepted the position at the Eye Surgery Center of Nashville as a Medical Records Clerk. Was hired full time, but never got 40 hours a week unless I used PTO. The manager and administrator were both very unprofessional and nit-picky about everything. They want to hire someone in this position to push around and walk all over somebody and that person was not me. If you aren't on the clinical side you basically get thrown under the bus for everything that goes on in the office. Also, too much work for very little pay, and no teamwork involved at all. I would not recommend this facility to work at to anyone. USPI alone is an alright company, but the Eye Surgery Center is a terrible place to work with unprofessional people to work with.
Pros
Free lunch some days, got to wear scrubs
Cons
Pay, hours, poor management, drama
Good pay but not worth the stress
RN (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 22, 2018
With it being a surgery center, you expect the hours to be somewhat inconsistent. At the Green Valley surgery center, the hours are sporadic. You may work over time one week and less than 20 the next week. Upper management is quick to yell and berate you when a small mistake is made, but you never hear good job. Equipment is constantly broken and literally takes MONTHS to get things repaired. As far as coworkers go, this is the messiest group of adults I have ever worked with. People are immature and are quick to spread personal business. I will say work days go by quickly since it is so fast-paced, and for the most part the doctors are easy to work with.
Pros
Learned a lot. Good PTO accrual.
Cons
Broken equipment. Poor management. Inconsistent hours.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MOOctober 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working for united surgical partners international. I floated to many different locations throughout the St. Louis region. All locations had a safe, welcoming environment.
Great learning experience
Pre-Op/PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 17, 2018
Helped build the surgical center from ground up. Great learning experience. Was able to see what drives a company from the inside out. However, wasn't up and running by the time I was hired.
Pros
Was able to venture out to other USPI sites for help
Cons
Not fully running
I have never worked in such a toxic, dysfunctional environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 8, 2018
What can I say - direct supervisor who is not only ill-tempered but obviously has no training in managing employees. Insecure, easily threatened, vengeful and completely resistant to change or suggestions. She has minions, entry-level young women, who spy for and report to her. Administration and HR tolerate her behavior because she keeps the money-making CT/MRI department running. This is the most stressful and unsupportive facility I have ever worked at.
Pros
Schedule, salary, benefits
Cons
See below
Do not work here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Your job role is based on the color of your skin. You will not get fair schedules, management is unknowledgeable and very unfair and truly do not care about the company or employees. You voice concerns and nothing will change. HR should really look into this facility and the culture it operates under.
Co-workers were great, management is terrible
BOS (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 19, 2018
I worked here for over 2 years with an admin whom everyone was afraid of and could never be themselves around her because she was a bully,attempting to do something about it and calling the compliance hotline, I was retaliated against and FIRED! Never feel that talking to someone will make the workplace better here at this company, you're only frowned upon and told that you've made an "uncomfortable work place!"
Pros
Benefits and work / life balance
Poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  NevadaSeptember 16, 2018
USPI's management technique's are less than optimal. Lack of ethics and integrity is a priority over patient safety, the faster you go, more money, don't worry about the patient's They give you PR meetings & the minute they are over, nothing good is implimited, back to unfair treatment. Believe in promoting from within, without any formal training or experience. The less you know, the more they want you, never compensate for experience. They want to mold you into thier culture, go fast ( non emergency surgeries) & make them money. Supplies always on back order and, just do without. Management gets free lunches.
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
Unethical Management
hostile workplace
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I have many years of experience as a surgical nurse, yet was criticized for my performance on a daily basis by management. Not a pleasant working environment. Never got 40 hours a week as promised. The one positive aspect: the staff. They were awesome, very supportive, total opposite of management.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
management
felt like family
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2018
The office I worked in felt like a family! Loving environment. Everyone was collaborative and willing to compromise. Took the care of patients very seriously.
Horrible Managment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 11, 2018
The main reason why I left was managment. Mananger is incompetent, shows lots of favoritism, harasses employees, and creates an overall hostile work environment. The only reason I am giving two stars is because of the benefits and PTO. Too much work for one person and not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Very stressful and overwhelming. No one was allowed to help each other, no team work was allowed. Glad I am out of there.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits, pto
Cons
Too much work, stressful, overwhelming, hostile
Official response from United Surgical Partners International
August 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our organization. We take reports of harassment of any type very serious. Our teammates are our support system at work, but if your team is dysfunctional and does not communicate well, there are bound to be problems that cause stress and your perception that their is very little teamwork. I will share your concerns with the management at the center. Please feel free to contact us directly with details about your concern.

Terrible
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 11, 2018
Management and doctors place unreasonable expectations on clinical staff. They slackers are promoted while the hard workers just work harder. Zero incentive, low pay and only possible 2% raises per year. I have worked there 7 years and have never had a 15 minute break but many times I've had to work through my lunch. You are expected to stay late or come in early but if low patient census you are sent home but must remain available if on the schedule.
Very Poor Management
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 6, 2018
Very Low Pay. Business Management and Office Manager do not know what they are doing.. Office manager came in as a Big Bully and still acts like one.
Pay is low with pressure being placed on no errors made its ridiculous..
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No breaks, low pay, very stressful.
Horrible management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJuly 31, 2018
I recommend staying as far away from this facility as possible. Most management or so-called leadership team, are fake backstabbers who lie right to your face and behind your back. They have a field day cutting down employees behind their back in front of other staff. They also make sure to tell you up front when interviewing about a profit-sharing bonus that you will receive as part of your wage, however, neglect to tell you that you have to have worked there almost a year before receiving it which I find deceitful. That is one way they get you roped in I guess since their pay is less than competitive. This is a place where an employee is not measured on their own merit but on the opinions of unprofessional so-called leaders.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management
Terrible management ...awful place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 29, 2018
Management is disengaged and unconcerned with safe working conditions. They lie on a regular basis and enrforce or change policies for certain employees at will. They are completely unethical. I regretted ever taking a job with them or believing anything that they told me in the interview.
Pros
Cons
management - working conditions
No incentive
OR Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
Nashville has become a very expensive place to live yet we get no cost of living adjustment and rsises are capped at 2% a
year. To top it off our facility is very profitable. Staff works very hard and is expected to bend over backwards for the facility.
.Not busy, go home. Busy, you HAVE to stay over.
Pros
Staff and pbysicians
Cons
Raises, management
its a good job but lack of advancement
Facilities Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2018
It's a pretty good place to work, however hard work is not rewarded but being part of the favorites club is. The management is completely out of touch and has no true sense of urgency in some situations.
Official response from United Surgical Partners International
July 12, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your experience at our company. Our managers are trained to support any staff that seeks improvement or advancement in their career within the organization. We are sorry to hear that timing and opportunity did not avail itself during your time with our organization. We strive to regularly update the career site constantly to reflect the most recent openings across the organization so that both internal and external employees may apply to those roles for which they are both interested and qualified for.

Unorganized, Dont value their employees, Don't properly train employees
Collector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
This company has horrible turnovers but what is scary is that it is in management as well as employees. At this company their employees are definitely seen as numbers and not valued. They don't invest in training their employees properly but want massive productivity on work they themselves don't even understand fully. While there I for a year 1/2 I had 4 Supv, 3 Mngrs, and 3 Senior Directors.
Pros
They had some nice employees
Cons
Lack of knowledge in Management, they micro-manage, Employees are numbers not valued

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Surgical Partners International. Our community is ready to answer.