United Surgical Partners International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Enjoy working with talented coworkers
RN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2018
I enjoy working at USPI in Richmond, VA. I am fortunate to work with clinical and business office staff that truly care about our patients and management that cares about the employees.
Pros
Teamwork
Great Atmosphere
Medical AR Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Wonderful Productive Company, Great Employees, Managers and Hours. Very Nurturing environment. Would work for them again. Love the learning and educational training.
Okay work environment
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
Not a lot of room for advancement. Not a great culture fit for recent grad. If you want a white bread 9 to 5 job, then this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, fair pay
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 25, 2018
Great place...advancement can be a little troubling, but great work/life balance and corporate culture. Very few holidays observed. Management could be better.
April 26, 2018

Thank you very much for your recent review of our organization. Like you, many of our employees often remark on how refreshing our work/life balance schedules are in a very bottom-line driven professional world. We appreciate your time for providing feedback on how we can improve-it is because of engaged employees like you that we are an industry-leader. Our people are what makes this organization great!

Supportive management
POST ANESTHESIA CARE UNIT REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 22, 2018
Supportive manager. Flexible work environment. Competitive pay and benefits. Excellent staff to patient ratios. Appreciated and valued as nurse. Would recommend working there
Patient safety constantly in jeopardy
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 20, 2018
I can go on and on and expose this company unethical behavior. From management down to employees. They constantly say patient safety is our number one concern but that’s not true. Management knows what’s goes on behind closed doors but refuse to step up. This company is the worse I ever worked for
Pros
Cons
Unethical behavior, patient safety in danger, immature environment
Friendly environment
OPERATIONAL/FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOApril 17, 2018
We had a lot of social activities to get to know my coworkers. My position was new, so they were unable to keep my busy. It was a good company to work for with great benefits. I wish I could have stayed on with them.
April 26, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a positive review. Please continue to review our career center page for opportunities at some of our other campuses. We frequently update the page in order to find the best talent in the talent marketplace.

Fun place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 16, 2018
It is the nation’s largest ambulatory surgery provider. The network includes approximately 20 imaging centers, over 90 urgent care facilities, and over 265 short-stay surgical facilities.
Pros
Very engaged HR deparment
Cons
Hard to get things done
April 26, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback about our organization that reflected a positive employee experience. Our staff is the best part of USPI!

Staff nurse with long hours
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 16, 2018
Many times the physicians would run late or add on a surgery. As I worked as a closer, it often meant that the hours would range from 12 to sometimes as many as 16. Not knowing when we would be able to clock out was sometimes very stressful.
Pros
money
Cons
hours left you exhausted
Not for me!!
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  TXApril 15, 2018
Office staff and doctor are great to work with. Couldn’t call out sick you would get an occurrence. Half hr lunch break. Bad pay! Policy and procedures horrible, The worst culture. Every other word out of the office coordinator and director is UMMM... Just spit it out!
Pros
UMMM! Decent benefits
April 17, 2018

Thank you for your recent review although it is disheartening to hear that we did not meet your expectations with our organization. It is our best practices to hold regular staff meetings with the surgery center staff in order to keep them informed of the state of the facility and the company as a whole. As an organization, we hope to empower our staff by making our HR policies and procedures available online through the employee portal; our dedicated HR email or to feel free to contact an HR representative directly by phone. We are seeking to constantly improve as an organization and would have been happy to speak with you directly about concerns that you perceived as "horrible.' USPI welcomes feedback that will help us continually grow as an organization and meet the high expectations of all staff and patients.

a dangerous cesspit
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2018
The biggest mistake i've ever made was walking in those doors. The most horrible group of people in one building.
It was hilarious,however, that employees had to hide lean cuisine under their scrubs because the only microwave was located in a sterile area and "the cameras will catch you."
Unethical/poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAApril 6, 2018
So disappointed. I thought USPI was a good company. RN and MA turnover rate is high. Charge RNs got away with being late, micro-managing, excessive personal texting or calling, gossiping and socializing. Favoritism and condescending behaviors seemed acceptable; and select subordinates were found with faults, reprimanded and penalized. The administrative team eventually displayed similar colors turning faults outward and causing more team anxiety.
From my perspective, the conditions were unfair and punitive rather than supportive of its employees with little effort to improve organizational health. Long-term job endeavors with this company are discouraged.
Pros
Competative benefits, no weekend/holiday shifts, fast-paced, loved the patient population
Cons
Stressful work climate, poor or no employee support from local/corporate leadership
April 9, 2018

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to review us as a company. We always strive to give our patients and our staff excellent experiences and it appears that we did not meet this goal with you personally.

We appreciate that you found our benefits package and work-shift requirements to be positive aspects during your time with us. Of course, it is regrettable that you felt there were some aspects that were less than positive. I certainly empathize with the points that you raised in your review and have expedited this concern higher up the corporate management team.

While it is unpleasant that your employment experience was less than exceptional, we are thankful that you brought it to our attention so that we can continually improve as an organization.

Regards,

USPI HR

Don’t work at this location
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Golden, COApril 5, 2018
The manager isn’t compentent for the role and doesn’t know what she is doing. They don’t supply the equipment to do the job but expect a great outcome. The manager plays favorites and if your not kissing her butt there will be random consequences to push you out the door.
Pros
The staff is awesome
Cons
The business office manager
Bad Management = Burnout
RN (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 5, 2018
To fix a problem one must admit there is a problem. If constant employee turnover isn't evidence enough, the management must have their heads in the sand. And hiring cheap/incompetent labor contributes to a lack of patient safety.
Pros
Enjoyed most coworkers, patient population
Cons
Penny pinching: a Goodwill OR
April 17, 2018

We are saddened to hear that you had a poor review of the time you were with our organization. USPI prides itself on having a culture of excellent patient care, which fosters a sense of strong teamwork amongst the staff. We have a lot of excellent staff members who are eager to help one another with makes working at an ASC such a unique experience in comparison to a traditional hospital setting. Our staff considers all patients "their" patients so that we are able to deliver a high level of patient care. We are proud to say that Bluffon Okatie ASC boasts some of the highest patient satisfaction scores for health-care providers in the area! We take concerns about patient safety very serious and hope that you brought those concerns to the management team's attention as I have brought your review to their attention as well. We wish you well on your future endeavors elsewhere.

Cut throat operation, from the top
Director (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 4, 2018
I had worked for this company for a very long time. New doctor partnership decided they didn't want me, probably because I made too much money that hurt their pocketbook. Therefore STUPID reasons were found to dismiss me. Sooooo disappointed in how I was treated by USPI. Thought the company would back me, based on I had been a good employee for years, but that wasn't the case. Very little severance, most companies give a week per year of service, I got less than 1 day. After years of hard work & devotion, I was treated horribly. I thought USPI was a good company to work for, but I quickly found out they are all about the $$$ and what the partners want, they don't have your back as an employee. I don't think there is any "caring" or "loyalty" for the worker bee, although that's what is expected from us. I would never recommend this company as a "life time" career.
Hired for forty hours a week and for year never got a check for for 40hrs
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMarch 26, 2018
Terrible place to work. Doctor owned and most are very difficult to deal with and are allowed to be that way. Management was useless if you got injured they wouldn’t talk to you and were slow to provide medical access. Do yourself a favor work anyway but here.
Pros
Go home early everyday
Cons
Never make a full time pay check
April 2, 2018

First, I want to apologize for the experience that you had. We take these claims very seriously and will look into the issue of employee safety. We take pride in making sure our employees and patients are in a safe environment. Thank you for taking time out to let us know about your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions. We wish you the best.

AIGB was an excellent company to work for.
Surgical & Diagnostic Medical Coder & Biller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2018
The parent company USPI is a very good company to work for. I had no problems and was able to ask questions from management as needed to complete my tasks.
Pros
The management was easy to talk to.
Cons
Very strict policies.
Unsafe environment for nurses
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 23, 2018
I was left alone on the PACU at 11 pm. The environment was very unsafe. Everyday I felt like something bad was going to happen. Other nurses in pacu and on the unit were not team players. It was every man for themselves. I lasted 6 months, longer than some nurses who came after me. Immediate Management always seemed angry. The pay was not competitive for those conditions and that level of stress.
Pros
One really great nurse who worked there.
Cons
Everyone else who worked there and unsafe conditions.
April 9, 2018

We are apologetic to hear that your work experience with us raised some safety concerns on your behalf. USPI takes claims of patient and employee safety very seriously and hope that you also informed your management team as well. We encourage you to contact us directly at communications@uspi.com so that we can address your specific complaint to ensure this problem is addressed.

Over promised, under delivered.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 23, 2018
I was promised great things when I joined the team at USPI in Colorado. Unfortunately none of those things ever came to fruition. I worked 5 days a week, 5-6 hours a day. I never clocked 40 hours in a week. Wed either work 3 hours a day or 13, there is no in between.

Management was not upfront about the details surrounding my position or the hours that we’re available.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work shortage, slow paced environment
April 9, 2018

Thank your for taking the time to provide your recent review. I would be very interested to gain more insight on your hiring/on-boarding experience as we are constantly seeking to improve our processes. I would be interested in such feedback as we are working with our hiring staff and use such information to refine our HR best practices, train our HR staff and improve the employee customer service experience. You may email us directly at communications@uspi.com.

USPI HR

CBOM was a control freak
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
When the CBOM took off her assistant took off as well. Assistant would carry the CBOM's purse and other things when arriving or departing from work always following behind her.

That time was a nightmare. They caused people to leave in packs.

The CBOM made the Assistant the Supervisor.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Don't value Employee's hard work and dedication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Surgical Partners International. Our community is ready to answer.