United Surgical Partners International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
its a good job but lack of advancement
Facilities Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2018
It's a pretty good place to work, however hard work is not rewarded but being part of the favorites club is. The management is completely out of touch and has no true sense of urgency in some situations.
July 12, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your experience at our company. Our managers are trained to support any staff that seeks improvement or advancement in their career within the organization. We are sorry to hear that timing and opportunity did not avail itself during your time with our organization. We strive to regularly update the career site constantly to reflect the most recent openings across the organization so that both internal and external employees may apply to those roles for which they are both interested and qualified for.

Unorganized, Dont value their employees, Don't properly train employees
Collector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
This company has horrible turnovers but what is scary is that it is in management as well as employees. At this company their employees are definitely seen as numbers and not valued. They don't invest in training their employees properly but want massive productivity on work they themselves don't even understand fully. While there I for a year 1/2 I had 4 Supv, 3 Mngrs, and 3 Senior Directors.
Pros
They had some nice employees
Cons
Lack of knowledge in Management, they micro-manage, Employees are numbers not valued
Great working enviorment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 2, 2018
Loved working with this company. Management was very determined to have a great team which they did very well. Everyone was so supportive for everyone on the team. Patient care was always number one.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
to much of a drive for myself
July 12, 2018

Thank You for your recent review of our organization. We are very proud of the input our managers have in building their teams. We find that is reflective of our company's principle to put others first. Thanks for your comment!

Nice coworkers, horrible bosses.
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJune 29, 2018
Administrator is naive to the processes and procedures that are in place to run the facility therefore the decisions are made blindly hurting the employees that already know how to do the job.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Short brakes and lunch
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 27, 2018
I love working here. I started while i was pregnant and they took me in and trained me. This was my first job as a surgical tech and they worked with me and made me the surgical tech i am today. My reason for wanting to venture off is i need more pay and more case experience.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
not enough pay
July 12, 2018

We are fortunate that you took the time to leave a comment about your experience with our company. We take pride that we have access to some of the most current and talented clinical professionals available. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope you land somewhere soon!

Lack of management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2018
Management did not help staff. No support when issues arised. Unable to speak to them in confidence. Understaffed. Did not utilize their supervisor. Too many family members working together. Staff has no faith in management. NONE.
Pros
OR Staff
fast-paced outpatient surgical center
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 5, 2018
Work hours are great, no holidays or weekends. 40 hours/week not guaranteed. Management tries to accommodate time off requests.
Salary is fair as far as being competitive for area.
Clientele are pleasant as a whole.
Work load is heavy but doable. However, speed is sometimes stressed over patient comfort and sometimes safety.Non-clinical management decide facility policies.
Paper charting. Required patient calls.
Less than optimal interdepartmental cooperation/communication.
Pros
work schedule
June 7, 2018

Thank you so much for your recent review of our campus in Morrow. I am aware of how hard the service team and management works to create a great working environment. It is equally important that patient-safety and patient-centered care is always a priority. I will take your concerns to the management team.

USPI HR

Management poor, toxic environment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 31, 2018
A lot of bullying and nothing done about it. Hands-off management. Hard to get 40 hours per week. Hours were ok since there was few weekend and holiday calls.
Pros
Hours ok
Cons
Short breaks, bullying, poor management
June 7, 2018

Thank you for submitting a review of our organization. I am saddened to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We take claims of harassment of any type very seriously. Please feel free to contact us in the HR department to speak about this concern in detail.

Enjoy working with talented coworkers
RN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2018
I enjoy working at USPI in Richmond, VA. I am fortunate to work with clinical and business office staff that truly care about our patients and management that cares about the employees.
Pros
Teamwork
June 7, 2018

Thank you so much for providing a review of our surgery center in Richmond. Evidenced by your recent review, I know the team there would proud to hear that their goal of creating a cohesive team-environment is being recognized. I will share your feedback with the team. We are grateful to have you as part of our organization as well.

USPI HR

A very good company to work for.
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMay 18, 2018
USPI has been a great experience but since their partnership with Tenant, it has suffered in many different ways. Our focus is to provide the most professional and efficient healthcare for the patients and family members.
Pros
Free medical care!
Cons
Low census days!
June 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We would appreciate your feedback on your opinion of what changes are concerning to you and where we could improve. Please feel free to contact us in the HR department to share your thoughts.

Great Atmosphere
Medical AR Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Wonderful Productive Company, Great Employees, Managers and Hours. Very Nurturing environment. Would work for them again. Love the learning and educational training.
June 7, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your personal experience at our Houston campus. We appreciate that you have had a positive experience. Cultivating an environment that creates leadership from within the organization is a priority for us. I am glad to hear that you benefitted from the continuous training and education opportunities we provide. Thanks for being part of our team!

Okay work environment
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
Not a lot of room for advancement. Not a great culture fit for recent grad. If you want a white bread 9 to 5 job, then this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, fair pay
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 25, 2018
Great place...advancement can be a little troubling, but great work/life balance and corporate culture. Very few holidays observed. Management could be better.
April 26, 2018

Thank you very much for your recent review of our organization. Like you, many of our employees often remark on how refreshing our work/life balance schedules are in a very bottom-line driven professional world. We appreciate your time for providing feedback on how we can improve-it is because of engaged employees like you that we are an industry-leader. Our people are what makes this organization great!

Supportive management
POST ANESTHESIA CARE UNIT REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 22, 2018
Supportive manager. Flexible work environment. Competitive pay and benefits. Excellent staff to patient ratios. Appreciated and valued as nurse. Would recommend working there
June 7, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review our surgery center in Suffolk. USPI is an industry-leader because of the people who work here. We are glad that we have met our initiative to provide a great work environment for employees and equally important a great clinical environment for our patients; these factors go hand-in-hand. Thanks so much for being part of our team!

Patient safety constantly in jeopardy
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 20, 2018
I can go on and on and expose this company unethical behavior. From management down to employees. They constantly say patient safety is our number one concern but that’s not true. Management knows what’s goes on behind closed doors but refuse to step up. This company is the worse I ever worked for
Pros
Cons
Unethical behavior, patient safety in danger, immature environment
Friendly environment
OPERATIONAL/FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOApril 17, 2018
We had a lot of social activities to get to know my coworkers. My position was new, so they were unable to keep my busy. It was a good company to work for with great benefits. I wish I could have stayed on with them.
April 26, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a positive review. Please continue to review our career center page for opportunities at some of our other campuses. We frequently update the page in order to find the best talent in the talent marketplace.

Fun place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 16, 2018
It is the nation’s largest ambulatory surgery provider. The network includes approximately 20 imaging centers, over 90 urgent care facilities, and over 265 short-stay surgical facilities.
Pros
Very engaged HR deparment
Cons
Hard to get things done
April 26, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback about our organization that reflected a positive employee experience. Our staff is the best part of USPI!

Staff nurse with long hours
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 16, 2018
Many times the physicians would run late or add on a surgery. As I worked as a closer, it often meant that the hours would range from 12 to sometimes as many as 16. Not knowing when we would be able to clock out was sometimes very stressful.
Pros
money
Cons
hours left you exhausted
Not for me!!
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  TXApril 15, 2018
Office staff and doctor are great to work with. Couldn’t call out sick you would get an occurrence. Half hr lunch break. Bad pay! Policy and procedures horrible, The worst culture. Every other word out of the office coordinator and director is UMMM... Just spit it out!
Pros
UMMM! Decent benefits
April 17, 2018

Thank you for your recent review although it is disheartening to hear that we did not meet your expectations with our organization. It is our best practices to hold regular staff meetings with the surgery center staff in order to keep them informed of the state of the facility and the company as a whole. As an organization, we hope to empower our staff by making our HR policies and procedures available online through the employee portal; our dedicated HR email or to feel free to contact an HR representative directly by phone. We are seeking to constantly improve as an organization and would have been happy to speak with you directly about concerns that you perceived as "horrible.' USPI welcomes feedback that will help us continually grow as an organization and meet the high expectations of all staff and patients.

a dangerous cesspit
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2018
The biggest mistake i've ever made was walking in those doors. The most horrible group of people in one building.
It was hilarious,however, that employees had to hide lean cuisine under their scrubs because the only microwave was located in a sterile area and "the cameras will catch you."
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Surgical Partners International. Our community is ready to answer.