United Surgical Partners International Employee Reviews

Featured review
United Surgical Partners International selected this as a representative review
Fun Place to Work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time with USPI. I learned a lot about accounting and various concepts. I was always encouraged to learn in order to further my career. I appreciate everything they taught me.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
There are no Cons. Great company
Great company to work for - very competitve
RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2019
USPI is a great company to work for and provides employees with plenty of opportunities to develop themselves. Since it's an ambulatory surgery center setting hours can vary, but as long as employees are working towards providing physicians, patients, and fellow coworkers a positive environment to work in everyone wins.
Pros
Largest ASC company in the nation, consistency, plenty of support
Cons
None at this point
Working in a Central Billing Office
Payment Posting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Ann, MOFebruary 28, 2019
A typical work day would be getting the centers to send their work from the day before so that it could get billed and payment collected and posted.

The people I worked with were an awesome group. They all worked to together like a well oiled machine. Everyone seemed to get along well. This was the most enjoyable part of the job.

It would get really stressful at month end in trying to get the month closed for all the surgery centers the Central Billing Office supported in 1 1/2 days, but we always managed it somehow. I would say that was the hardest part of the job.

My boss tried her hardest to make everything run smoothly and she really cared about you as a person.

I learned that after 39 years I can still hold my own with the younger people to get the job done.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The distance I had to drive
Worst coworkers ever
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2019
Below standards terrible coworkers and terrible management
I was treated like a piece of trash unfair and abused daily . No human deserves that kind of abuse.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Working there
February 27, 2019

Having a work/life balance is extremely important to us at USPI. We encourage our employees to take time off and enjoy life with family and friends. If you feel that the workload is more than you can handle within a normal workday please express this to your manager so the situation can be assessed and adjusted if necessary. We want you to enjoy the work that you do and we want to make sure that you are successful and that you have balance between work and your personal life. Please let us know if we can do anything to assist you. -- USPI HR

February 27, 2019

I want to apologize to you if you ever felt that you were treated any less than professional. This type of treatment is not aligned with the mission or values of USPI. We are always here to assist and walk our employees through difficult situations because we believe every employee is important no matter what role or title they play within our organization. -- USPI Human Resources

Work/Life balance very poor
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Overall the general account staff/team members were very personable, but the knowledge transition was poor. The hours were very long. I can remember work days starting at 7:30 am and ending at 10:00 pm. We also sometimes worked remotely on weekends.
Management tells you that there is work/life balance but this is false. Overall moral was low. I would have preferred to go home at a decent hour as opposed to the free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches when expected to work through lunch
Cons
Work life balance
February 27, 2019

Having a work/life balance is extremely important to us at USPI. We encourage our employees to take time off and enjoy life with family and friends. If you feel that the workload is more than you can handle within a normal workday please express this to your manager so the situation can be assessed and adjusted if necessary. We want you to enjoy the work that you do and we want to make sure that you are successful you have balance between work and your personal life. Please let us know if we can do anything to assist you. -- USPI HR PI.

Comfortable environment with a strong business caring attitude.
Biller/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2019
Data entry using accounting principles to perform the insurance payments towards the patients account for their procedures. Daily contact with the coder in reference to the correct procedure codes to be applied to patiens charts for billing purposes with the various insurance companies.
Pros
the location
Cons
needing more accountability for others responsible task to complete my duties.
February 27, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about USPI. We are glad that you are a part of the team. -- USPI Human Resources

Stay away
RN (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 26, 2019
I have never heard someone say they loved working for USPI!! Value yourself enough to stay far away!!!! You’ve been warned!! They treat you like slaves, the harassment is horrible and the management at any of them is a joke!!! There’s a reason so many have had to be taken out by security!!
Pros
You can leave
Cons
It’s a deep hole
February 27, 2019

We are saddened to hear of your experience at USPI. Any type of harassment is never unacceptable and will not be tolerated within our organization. We want every employee to feel valued at all times and in every situation. We are always here to support employees who experience situations they feel are not aligned with the values of our company. We wish you the very best. – USPI HR.

Challenges you to be productive
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2019
Start of the day begins with opening surgery centers to be billed and begin coding and processing payments. Best time is when shift is over. Enjoy end of month, have to have surgery centers closed/billed out in a timely manner/last two days of month.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Not enough hours/employees
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2019
everyone is kind, helpful and appreciative everywhere i travel to help. they seem to have a young group of nurses in manager positions driving evidence based practices.
February 27, 2019

Thank you for your comment. We take pride in hiring a diverse and talented workforce to live out the mission of USPI. We are glad you are here to help us reach our goals. We hope that you stay and continue your professional growth with us. -- USPI Human Resources

Great pay, no hours
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 11, 2019
They offer a great hourly wage, only problem, you will work four hours per day. Surgeons are rude, condescending a-holes. Cut throat with very little training. Run out of supplies constantly. Send pts. To surgery with no IV fluids, to help cut costs. Very unsafe,
Pros
Good pay per hour
Cons
Cut throat
Fast paced, and you better be able to keep up
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 4, 2019
Employees are great. Working with the patients is great. The new upper management is horrible which has led to a lot of turnover. Your work is never good enough. Don't care about employees. At clinic level the people are great and really care about their patients. Wish management cared about employees. Dedicated many years to this company and planned on staying there, but due to new management I needed to leave for my own sanity. Again, the management is horrible. Unless you’re ok with management picking favorite employees and pointing out every negative thing you do then this might be the job for you.
Pros
Benefits, people, pay
January 17, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working with the organization. We are, of course, disappointed that we have in some way failed to meet your expectations. I have shared your response with my management team and we will address your concerns. We wish you the best in your endeavors.

Do not work here
Business office (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 23, 2018
Management is uneducated, lacks professionalism, extremely poor leadership, no room for advancement, suboptimal salary, and last but certainly not least, horrible work culture.
USPI managed to ruin a perfectly profitable, well run environment where people wanted to work; now people are leaving so fast, no applicants
RN (Current Employee) –  PADecember 1, 2018
10 times the amount of people left this place in 2 years since USPI aquired us than left in the previous 10 year history. Every employee will tell you everything has changed for the worst since USPI came on board. My pay has been reduced so many times because of low census, some weeks I couldn't cover my basic deductions. Management clearly doesn't care about the employees needs. Their open door policy consists of making an appointment, then it's a management no show. Since the employees stopped carring about USPI as much as USPI doesn 't care about us, we are seeing a rapid atrition rate of employees, agitation levels rising, and NO ONE is going to go that extra mile. I think it is about time to have a reverse fireside chat where the employee talks to managent, and they lisiten to what we have to say, rather than them showing us graphs of where we will be in the next 1-5 years. At the rate people are leaving, this location won't be here in 3 years. We used to be proud of our hospital; now I would'nt even recommend this place for any kind of care.
I never used to wake up hating to go to work, now I hate the thought of going to work. I'm going to accept my next job offer, it can't be worse than USPI.
Pros
Cons
Your on your own, No management support, Subpar pay, Poor benefits, Short staffed. Having worked at USPI carries a mark against you for job searches
January 17, 2019

We appreciate your time to leave a response. We are disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations concerning the management team. Your concerns will be addressed with the management team immediately.

All on me.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Tx. UptownOctober 27, 2018
Thankfull they took me just out of school. I was the only one staff licensed to do my job.
Then the RNs and Mgmt required me preform procedures with out Dr signature. When you stand your ground they say, "you're being hostile." Managed to stay there 10 + years. But over the course that time has the facility grew every one they hired they put in charge over me, and continued to put people positions over me right out of school.
Management said "there's no such thing as seniority." "Just do what they tell you to do."
1/3 of the problem got resolved only because Admin from Addison got involved. But now I am retired...
Pros
Some staff
Cons
Act like your friends, then use anything to get you out.
Terrible place to work & Horrible management
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnOctober 23, 2018
I accepted the position at the Eye Surgery Center of Nashville as a Medical Records Clerk. Was hired full time, but never got 40 hours a week unless I used PTO. The manager and administrator were both very unprofessional and nit-picky about everything. They want to hire someone in this position to push around and walk all over somebody and that person was not me. If you aren't on the clinical side you basically get thrown under the bus for everything that goes on in the office. Also, too much work for very little pay, and no teamwork involved at all. I would not recommend this facility to work at to anyone. USPI alone is an alright company, but the Eye Surgery Center is a terrible place to work with unprofessional people to work with.
Pros
Free lunch some days, got to wear scrubs
Cons
Pay, hours, poor management, drama
Good pay but not worth the stress
RN (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 22, 2018
With it being a surgery center, you expect the hours to be somewhat inconsistent. At the Green Valley surgery center, the hours are sporadic. You may work over time one week and less than 20 the next week. Upper management is quick to yell and berate you when a small mistake is made, but you never hear good job. Equipment is constantly broken and literally takes MONTHS to get things repaired. As far as coworkers go, this is the messiest group of adults I have ever worked with. People are immature and are quick to spread personal business. I will say work days go by quickly since it is so fast-paced, and for the most part the doctors are easy to work with.
Pros
Learned a lot. Good PTO accrual.
Cons
Broken equipment. Poor management. Inconsistent hours.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MOOctober 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working for united surgical partners international. I floated to many different locations throughout the St. Louis region. All locations had a safe, welcoming environment.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your response regarding your professional experience with our organization. We are very fortunate to have several locations within the metro-St.Louis area that provide opportunity for the working community. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Great learning experience
Pre-Op/PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 17, 2018
Helped build the surgical center from ground up. Great learning experience. Was able to see what drives a company from the inside out. However, wasn't up and running by the time I was hired.
Pros
Was able to venture out to other USPI sites for help
Cons
Not fully running
I have never worked in such a toxic, dysfunctional environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 8, 2018
What can I say - direct supervisor who is not only ill-tempered but obviously has no training in managing employees. Insecure, easily threatened, vengeful and completely resistant to change or suggestions. She has minions, entry-level young women, who spy for and report to her. Administration and HR tolerate her behavior because she keeps the money-making CT/MRI department running. This is the most stressful and unsupportive facility I have ever worked at.
Pros
Schedule, salary, benefits
Cons
See below
January 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your experience at our surgery center. It is disheartening to hear that you felt displeased about your time there. Your response will be shared with the team in an effort to continuous improve employee experience and expectation.

Do not work here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Your job role is based on the color of your skin. You will not get fair schedules, management is unknowledgeable and very unfair and truly do not care about the company or employees. You voice concerns and nothing will change. HR should really look into this facility and the culture it operates under.
Co-workers were great, management is terrible
BOS (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 19, 2018
I worked here for over 2 years with an admin whom everyone was afraid of and could never be themselves around her because she was a bully,attempting to do something about it and calling the compliance hotline, I was retaliated against and FIRED! Never feel that talking to someone will make the workplace better here at this company, you're only frowned upon and told that you've made an "uncomfortable work place!"
Pros
Benefits and work / life balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Surgical Partners International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9