United Surgical Partners International Employee Reviews

Featured review
United Surgical Partners International selected this as a representative review
Great working enviorment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 2, 2018
Loved working with this company. Management was very determined to have a great team which they did very well. Everyone was so supportive for everyone on the team. Patient care was always number one.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
to much of a drive for myself
Co-workers were great, management is terrible
BOS (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 19, 2018
I worked here for over 2 years with an admin whom everyone was afraid of and could never be themselves around her because she was a bully,attempting to do something about it and calling the compliance hotline, I was retaliated against and FIRED! Never feel that talking to someone will make the workplace better here at this company, you're only frowned upon and told that you've made an "uncomfortable work place!"
Pros
Benefits and work / life balance
Poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  NevadaSeptember 16, 2018
USPI's management technique's are less than optimal. Lack of ethics and integrity is a priority over patient safety, the faster you go, more money, don't worry about the patient's They give you PR meetings & the minute they are over, nothing good is implimited, back to unfair treatment. Believe in promoting from within, without any formal training or experience. The less you know, the more they want you, never compensate for experience. They want to mold you into thier culture, go fast ( non emergency surgeries) & make them money. Supplies always on back order and, just do without. Management gets free lunches.
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
Unethical Management
hostile workplace
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I have many years of experience as a surgical nurse, yet was criticized for my performance on a daily basis by management. Not a pleasant working environment. Never got 40 hours a week as promised. The one positive aspect: the staff. They were awesome, very supportive, total opposite of management.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
management
felt like family
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2018
The office I worked in felt like a family! Loving environment. Everyone was collaborative and willing to compromise. Took the care of patients very seriously.
Horrible Managment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 11, 2018
The main reason why I left was managment. Mananger is incompetent, shows lots of favoritism, harasses employees, and creates an overall hostile work environment. The only reason I am giving two stars is because of the benefits and PTO. Too much work for one person and not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Very stressful and overwhelming. No one was allowed to help each other, no team work was allowed. Glad I am out of there.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits, pto
Cons
Too much work, stressful, overwhelming, hostile
August 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our organization. We take reports of harassment of any type very serious. Our teammates are our support system at work, but if your team is dysfunctional and does not communicate well, there are bound to be problems that cause stress and your perception that their is very little teamwork. I will share your concerns with the management at the center. Please feel free to contact us directly with details about your concern.

Terrible
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 11, 2018
Management and doctors place unreasonable expectations on clinical staff. They slackers are promoted while the hard workers just work harder. Zero incentive, low pay and only possible 2% raises per year. I have worked there 7 years and have never had a 15 minute break but many times I've had to work through my lunch. You are expected to stay late or come in early but if low patient census you are sent home but must remain available if on the schedule.
Very Poor Management
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 6, 2018
Very Low Pay. Business Management and Office Manager do not know what they are doing.. Office manager came in as a Big Bully and still acts like one.
Pay is low with pressure being placed on no errors made its ridiculous..
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No breaks, low pay, very stressful.
Horrible management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJuly 31, 2018
I recommend staying as far away from this facility as possible. Most management or so-called leadership team, are fake backstabbers who lie right to your face and behind your back. They have a field day cutting down employees behind their back in front of other staff. They also make sure to tell you up front when interviewing about a profit-sharing bonus that you will receive as part of your wage, however, neglect to tell you that you have to have worked there almost a year before receiving it which I find deceitful. That is one way they get you roped in I guess since their pay is less than competitive. This is a place where an employee is not measured on their own merit but on the opinions of unprofessional so-called leaders.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management
Terrible management ...awful place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 29, 2018
Management is disengaged and unconcerned with safe working conditions. They lie on a regular basis and enrforce or change policies for certain employees at will. They are completely unethical. I regretted ever taking a job with them or believing anything that they told me in the interview.
Pros
Cons
management - working conditions
No incentive
OR Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
Nashville has become a very expensive place to live yet we get no cost of living adjustment and rsises are capped at 2% a
year. To top it off our facility is very profitable. Staff works very hard and is expected to bend over backwards for the facility.
.Not busy, go home. Busy, you HAVE to stay over.
Pros
Staff and pbysicians
Cons
Raises, management
its a good job but lack of advancement
Facilities Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2018
It's a pretty good place to work, however hard work is not rewarded but being part of the favorites club is. The management is completely out of touch and has no true sense of urgency in some situations.
July 12, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your experience at our company. Our managers are trained to support any staff that seeks improvement or advancement in their career within the organization. We are sorry to hear that timing and opportunity did not avail itself during your time with our organization. We strive to regularly update the career site constantly to reflect the most recent openings across the organization so that both internal and external employees may apply to those roles for which they are both interested and qualified for.

Unorganized, Dont value their employees, Don't properly train employees
Collector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
This company has horrible turnovers but what is scary is that it is in management as well as employees. At this company their employees are definitely seen as numbers and not valued. They don't invest in training their employees properly but want massive productivity on work they themselves don't even understand fully. While there I for a year 1/2 I had 4 Supv, 3 Mngrs, and 3 Senior Directors.
Pros
They had some nice employees
Cons
Lack of knowledge in Management, they micro-manage, Employees are numbers not valued
Nice coworkers, horrible bosses.
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJune 29, 2018
Administrator is naive to the processes and procedures that are in place to run the facility therefore the decisions are made blindly hurting the employees that already know how to do the job.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Short brakes and lunch
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 27, 2018
I love working here. I started while i was pregnant and they took me in and trained me. This was my first job as a surgical tech and they worked with me and made me the surgical tech i am today. My reason for wanting to venture off is i need more pay and more case experience.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
not enough pay
July 12, 2018

We are fortunate that you took the time to leave a comment about your experience with our company. We take pride that we have access to some of the most current and talented clinical professionals available. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope you land somewhere soon!

Lack of management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2018
Management did not help staff. No support when issues arised. Unable to speak to them in confidence. Understaffed. Did not utilize their supervisor. Too many family members working together. Staff has no faith in management. NONE.
Pros
OR Staff
fast-paced outpatient surgical center
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 5, 2018
Work hours are great, no holidays or weekends. 40 hours/week not guaranteed. Management tries to accommodate time off requests.
Salary is fair as far as being competitive for area.
Clientele are pleasant as a whole.
Work load is heavy but doable. However, speed is sometimes stressed over patient comfort and sometimes safety.Non-clinical management decide facility policies.
Paper charting. Required patient calls.
Less than optimal interdepartmental cooperation/communication.
Pros
work schedule
June 7, 2018

Thank you so much for your recent review of our campus in Morrow. I am aware of how hard the service team and management works to create a great working environment. It is equally important that patient-safety and patient-centered care is always a priority. I will take your concerns to the management team.

USPI HR

Management poor, toxic environment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 31, 2018
A lot of bullying and nothing done about it. Hands-off management. Hard to get 40 hours per week. Hours were ok since there was few weekend and holiday calls.
Pros
Hours ok
Cons
Short breaks, bullying, poor management
June 7, 2018

Thank you for submitting a review of our organization. I am saddened to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We take claims of harassment of any type very seriously. Please feel free to contact us in the HR department to speak about this concern in detail.

Enjoy working with talented coworkers
RN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2018
I enjoy working at USPI in Richmond, VA. I am fortunate to work with clinical and business office staff that truly care about our patients and management that cares about the employees.
Pros
Teamwork
June 7, 2018

Thank you so much for providing a review of our surgery center in Richmond. Evidenced by your recent review, I know the team there would proud to hear that their goal of creating a cohesive team-environment is being recognized. I will share your feedback with the team. We are grateful to have you as part of our organization as well.

USPI HR

A very good company to work for.
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMay 18, 2018
USPI has been a great experience but since their partnership with Tenant, it has suffered in many different ways. Our focus is to provide the most professional and efficient healthcare for the patients and family members.
Pros
Free medical care!
Cons
Low census days!
June 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We would appreciate your feedback on your opinion of what changes are concerning to you and where we could improve. Please feel free to contact us in the HR department to share your thoughts.

Great Atmosphere
Medical AR Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Wonderful Productive Company, Great Employees, Managers and Hours. Very Nurturing environment. Would work for them again. Love the learning and educational training.
June 7, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your personal experience at our Houston campus. We appreciate that you have had a positive experience. Cultivating an environment that creates leadership from within the organization is a priority for us. I am glad to hear that you benefitted from the continuous training and education opportunities we provide. Thanks for being part of our team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Surgical Partners International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about