United Therapeutics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Managment needs to step off
Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 17, 2018
Senior leadership is pompous and self serving. There is little to no flexibility to work from home, very dictatorship style of senior leadership, no comradery. Co-workers work well together .
Stay Away
Quality Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 29, 2018
This company has a very dydfunctional culture that lacks leadership at all management levels. There is no appreciation for qualifications needed for management positions.
Pros
Cons
Culture, leadership, succession planning
Rare Disease Company
Sr. Cardiopulmonary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Upstate, NYMay 23, 2018
Challenging work. Focus on helping educate customers to identify appropriate patients for our therapies. Very small company with a commitment to patients. Utilizes Specialty Pharmacy for initiation, further education and delivery of products directly to patients.
I am happy to get up in the morning
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 3, 2018
This is the first place I have worked where the mission of the work really aligned with what I thought the mission of a biotech company should be. For the first time in many years I am excited to go to work each day. I love it here and plan to stay.
Pros
Culture and positivity
Cons
my commute
Excellent company with an amazing focus and culture!
OMG (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 15, 2018
The management at United Therapeutics is some of the best I've seen. Great people and a great company culture. Best manager, very good environment to work at, very good place to improve you carrier. In my case I am working with organ manufacturing group more available. Management works with you to help you grow and develop. you will love the working environment.
Pros
Culture, Great work environment, Smart People
Phenomenal culture and sense of community
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 14, 2018
The first thing that stuck me when I started working at United Therapeutics is the culture and absolute dedication to accomplishing the overall mission of saving lives. In my case I am working on making donated organs more available. It is such a unique job. Everyone here is excited to be working on this and they are happy at work. I have worked at several large companies and start ups and have not seen this type of work environment before. I love it here.
Pros
Very positive workplace and responsive leadership
Cons
My commute is a bit long
Casual work environment
Senior Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Corporate HQ is in MD, and my location was eliminated. If not for that, I would have retired from this company. The company was started by parents trying to save their daughter's life because she had a terminal disease that big pharma companies weren't interested in exploring because there was no money in it for them.
Pros
Office view was the ocean
Cons
Too remote from HQ
Consider nother employer!!!
QA (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 25, 2018
United Therapeutics is an awful place to work due to the management structure and lack of ethics. There is little if any, opportunity to advance and the HR structure only spports management with no regard for the staff members that actuall do the work
Great learning experience
Compliance Associate - Product Surveillance (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 29, 2017
Good hours. Learned a lot about device regulations and processes. Workplace culture was competitive. Hardest part of my job was not liking what I was doing, but I really enjoyed my coworkers.
Pros
The work had little people interaction.
Cons
Mostly sitting at a desk with little interation with people.
Great Place to work
Vendor Operations and Compliance Leader (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work.Great work life balance. The people are friendly and sometimes helpful. The teams are small but at times there seems to be a lack of understanding who is responsible for what activities.
Need new management
manager (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 12, 2017
The culture has degenerated over the last few years. The company would benefit from a change in senior management. Most people are great and decent pay and benefits.
productive and a fun place to work
Biostatistician Intern (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 9, 2017
Pros
The cafeteria is excellent and inexpensive, and the 401k matching is absolutely unheard of (in a good way). On-site amenities such as gym and pool are nice. Great daycare program. Work-life balance is excellent. Salaries range from excellent to poor, depending on your position. The CEO is truly inspirational, and there is a top-to-bottom feeling of contributing to a worthy cause.
Cons
Based on my experiences with hiring practices, where you start is where you're going to be for the foreseeable future. There is no development plan put into place, nor is it encouraged by management (and sometimes it is discouraged) to develop skills or take on challenges outside of your silo.
No life work balance
CLINICAL PRODUCT TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2017
Over all a great opportunity for learning. Management was awful! belittling, mirco management, undermining. No upper management support. Company services an orphan disease which is dear to my heart.
Pros
services an orphan diease
Cons
Bad management
Fun qc
Quality Control Intern (Former Employee) –  RTPJune 2, 2017
I worked at United Therapeutics as part of my internship to graduate college. I was able to work in the Quality Control division, helping with the chemistry and microbiology side.
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
Not alot to work on
Innovative Biotechnology Company with Noble Mission
Sales (Former Employee) –  USANovember 17, 2016
A great company to work for. The noble vision of manufacturing transplantable organs to correct diseases causing organ failure is exciting. The ability to work for an organization that provides this vision is rewarding.
interesting place to work
Cardiopulmonary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 12, 2016
much change going on at the company. Enjoyed the clinical space although challenging, I found it rewarding. there are a lot of very nice people that work there.
an interesting place to work
Cardiopulmonary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 22, 2016
UT is a mid-sized company with revenues exceeding $1.6 billion at years end 2016. It is a company with an interesting history and a unique place to work in a very small therapeutic space.
Excellent company with very Silicon-Valley-esque vibes
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 10, 2016
Awesome motivating CEO, with great, talented upper level management. Great amenities for employees and everyone seems to be very helpful and has a "can-do" attitude. Also, the cafeteria food is amazing!
Pros
cafeteria food, pool on 3rd floor, 2 story gym, coffee bar
Cons
some managers are very underqualified
Productive and fun work place
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 26, 2016
A wonderful place to work with continuous room for career advancement. A hardworking and fun team made the work enjoyable.
Great place to work!
Manufacturing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 3, 2016
Typically, there are lots of projects to keep the department busy day to day, but lately I've spent most of my time working on CAPA resolutions and contributing towards the completion of CAPA investigations.
Pros
Great cafeteria, fun work environment
Cons
a lot of politics at play

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Therapeutics. Our community is ready to answer.