United Transportation Employee Reviews

No need fitness free here and fun work and independant
Driver (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 15, 2018
Good dispatchers and management team, have local office other companies don't. Never under pay me.

Very good place to work because amazon package less than bound 80-90% of the time.

Body shape job because it makes you active no need to pay fitness.
Pros
Very good company, helpful and undeestanding your family situation
Cons
8-10 hours long
Your choice
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2018
clock in get assigned van and route inspect your van load your own bags onto carts and then into van. receive your gas (paid for) follow gps to designated stops (phone provided). return to warehouse go home, 10-12 hr shifts. kiss your lofe goodbye!

managment is a joke. dont care for their employees. do for your employees and they will do for you. some don’t understand that.
fellow employees are rought to deal with. attutidues at its finest! they hire just about anybody!
hardest part is loading your van. its stressful and tiring. your sweating bullets and worn out before you even get on the road!
the only good thing is you get paid weekly (not enough for your troubles but you do get paid) and your out on the road alone.
Pros
weekly pay, being by yourself, good physical work, working for amazon
Cons
no benifits, no overtime, van conditions, poor management, picking up others slack, no extra pay
hopeless dispatch
Over the road, class A CDL driver (Former Employee) –  lincoln nebraskaAugust 18, 2018
started in a truck with known mechanical issues that started my trips off as late.
constantly waiting for miles to make a check

this is all i have to say on this
Pros
truck repaired quickly as i waited
Cons
not paid as i waited
No Benefits, Unflexible Hours, Flexible Work Days
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJuly 26, 2018
United Transportation does not offer any benefits to its employees that similar companies in the same industry offer. There are no paid-leave or sick days. Hours are not flexible and there is only one shift. You can choose your work days but are often called and asked to work your days off. The head manager at this location has poor memory and judgment and often walks away or refuses to listen to even his assistant managers.
The operation run at this location seems rushed and unplanned. They are trying to jump on an opportunity and make as much money as possible in a very little time at the expense of their employees. As a temporary position, it is O.K. but no one should stay here long.
Pros
Can choose work days
Cons
No Benefits, No shifts, Demanding, No raises, No promotions.
Fun, go at your own pace, nice management
Amazon Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 25, 2018
Work 10hrs a day (8am-6pm). It’s a four day work week. DSPs are very reliable. Cargo vans are new and fairly clean. The company pays for gas. Lightweight parcels, usually less than 10lbs. Go at your own pace, but must finish delivery route. Treats you like family. Simple work.

Typical day: Go to warehouse, have morning meeting, get route number, organize cargo van, deliver packages, pump gas, return to station, check in with DSP and Amazon associate, then go home.
Pros
Free snacks (sometimes), simple work, nice management, treats you like family
Cons
A lot of packages (sometimes), little opportunity to get more hours
Get ready to work. No really. .
Medical Driver (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 1, 2018
Management was horrible the hours were insane no one answers the phone when there's a problem supervisors overlap clients making you the driver late to pick up your client.
Pros
Use of company car
Cons
No healthcare no 401K no benefits no vacation no sick time.
Poor management, Zero HR, Treat drivers like garbage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 11, 2018
Lack of proper management, lack of proper training, and you have to deal with the two owners of the company who can hardly speak English. One of the owners was extremely rude.

Often times when I drove, the company vehicle I was assigned was in poor condition, very dirty, sometimes the side mirrors were taped together.

Very surprised amazon lets this company continue partnering with them.
Pros
Work in your own time
Cons
zero benefits, working with uneducated individuals with low knowledge of English
Fun relaxing work place stress free
Driver (Former Employee) –  MNSeptember 13, 2017
It's very nice working place with fun relaxin start with co workers management but it was temporary I have to leave united Transportation I recommend to others if not temporary job
Was a great experience.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJuly 31, 2016
Was a great company . This job was a second for some extra income. My schedule was graveyard so worked out great. Stopped working there because the owners stopped getting so much business.
Assited in repairing desiel trucks
Assistant mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ashland City, TNJuly 16, 2015
I would manually dismount tires and do routine maintenance/ oil changes. I learned a great deal about how a car works and basics of an engine. Management payed good wages and on time. I loved working with my coworkers. They helped make the job enjoyable.
Pros
Learned a great deal with no prier experience
Grinding job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMay 14, 2015
Make you work long hours with minimum pay, odd hours, and very little customer service, management owners little regard for workers.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 2, 2015
Excellent in communications and interaction with clients

Able to read a map and used a GPS

Good attendance and punctuality

Demonstrate a professional manner with customers and show initiative

Responsibility for transporting objects sends money and importatntes

Ability to lift 70 pounds
Pros
free lunches
enjoyable job
Tractor Trailer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 17, 2014
Some days are better than others we all get along with each other go over each others houses let our children play with each other. I would like to be around other people to go after what I need than find out how to get the things I want. Ive seen others grow in the company I would also like to be in a position to help me obtain the things I want an need. Some days you have to pull your self together you don't have the time to participate in some of your children activites because you work so many hours. Sometimes its worth it because you can take car of your family.
Pros
sometimes flexiable hours
Cons
end of the season its really slow
Wasn't what i thought.
Freight Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  ctJune 27, 2012
Didn't like uper magmnt. Don't tell you the truth. One way street with the owner.
Pros
others workers
Cons
system in dispatch needs to be updated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

United Transportation Reviews by Location