United Way Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Found 1,217 reviews matching the search See all 1,324 reviews
This job enhanced my skills.
211 Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2018
A nice place to work. The supervisors are more than fare. Someone is always available to answer questions you may have. The training is detailed and geared to help you be success.
Pros
Hour lunch, help is always available.
Good volunteer experience
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2018
Overall good management. You can start building up your CV with their choices of relevant volunteer activities: tax, communication, organization,... I learned a lot about tax preparation through the work
Productive and rewarding
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, NJMay 23, 2018
Constantly giving back to the community through food distribution, resource fairs, tax programs.
Low pay, hard work, great co-workers , great management team
Pros
helping people
Cons
no health care low pay
We answered phone calls for all sorts of help and support.
Community Developer and Organizer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2018
I loved it! I became a Community Organizer and worked in three counties without a problem. I did this for a total of 5 years. When I recognized the fact that the community leaders were the problem to the many issues the communities were facing, I left and returned to teaching where I felt I could make a difference!
Pros
I was working with so many types of people!
Cons
The community leaders were stubborn and did not want to collaborate!
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 22, 2018
Feels great helping others and giving back to the community. They train you well and help you along the way. It is a very relaxed setting. Pretty much do the work on your own time
Super fun place to work
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2018
I loved my time at United Way. We worked hard but played hard. Such great people to work with - I still keep in touch with them to this day even though I live in Chicago. We have 'alumni' get togethers ;)
Pros
Access to high level executives
A Good Place to Work
Director of Information Services (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 21, 2018
A fast-paced work environment. The Organization's community based mission will make you feel good about the work that is being done. Staff are dedicated to the mission and the benefit package is fantastic!
Pros
Great Benefit Package!
Great mission and work-life balance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
I believe in Unite Way's mission. The staff are kind, caring and fun to work with. Some of the drawbacks are lack of career advancement, and low salary.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor career advancement opportunities
Great Company with great staff
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 14, 2018
United Way is an amazing company that takes its community outreach serious. The staff there works very hard at giving back to their donors. Couldn't give the people there enough credit!!
Great organization making huge strides
Senior Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2018
United Way of Southern Nevada has grown exponential and stands poised to make a huge impact in the community. There are many opportunities to learn and grow and become a leader at this organization.
prefer not to answer
Speaker Bureau Coordinator (Summer) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2018
I prefer not to answer this question seeing as I was a summer assistant and wish not to speak on the full or part time paid positions as they may vary
It was very fun to work with United way for their spring break volunteer projects
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 11, 2018
United way’s volunteer programs for teens are very fun and I highly recommend them. They build good character and teach kids the values of giving. You also get to experience new things and explore the city or Wichita.
Pros
New people, many options for projects
United Way of Greater Lafayette
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 7, 2018
My career at United Way of Greater Lafayette was short but the sweetest and most rewarding job I have ever had. I am so very sad to no longer be able to make such a huge impact in my career as I did there.
Great Place to Work
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 7, 2018
Great working environment. Morale is over the top, which is a direct reflection of the culture. United ways culture is one that could easily be adopted by any organization. United way embodied, one is human, therefore, mistakes are okay, it is what one does when a mistake is made that counts.
Pros
Efficiency/Change viewed as a positive.....
Cons
Due to loss of contracts, job security not the best....
Great place for anyone to volunteer !
Pit Count (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 7, 2018
I do not work everyday I only work when help is needed. This is a great volunteer opportunity for anyone interested or for someone who is needing volunteer hours.
It was a fun collaboration.
Resource Dev't Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with loaned executives as a Resource Development Officer and helping local companies run Workplace Giving Campaigns for The United Way.
Pros
Fun job.
Cons
Job security and advancement.
Great Place To Work
INFORMATION AND REFERRAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 1, 2018
No micromanagement. Once you know your role, you are encouraged to improve. Trained properly. No drama. Great work/life balance. Great place to build a career.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program tax preparer volunteer
Volunteer Income Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Kenosha County, WIApril 30, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed volunteering to prepare taxes for the under-served and elderly citizens of our community. The entire team achieved nearly $2 million dollars in tax refunds for the clients we served.
Pros
Rewarding contribution to the community
Cons
It is a nice, fun and hard working place to be at
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48226April 30, 2018
Everyday there was something to do. Each person had a real passion for what they were doing. I was able to watch everyone and they were very accepting the moment i was hired.
Rewarding work
VP of Finance and Administration (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 30, 2018
Working to improve the community provides personal gratification. A typical work day was chaotic with constant interuptions but never boring. The hardest part of the job was meeting my deadlines while helping others meet theirs or getting the informaion I needed from others. For me, the most enjoyable part of my day was completing one of my goals or being able to provide others with the information they needed to meet theirs.