United Way Employee Reviews

Found 1,707 reviews matching the search See all 1,842 reviews
charitable
Fundraiser Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2019
Charitable giving for any cause to one of my favorite organization.
Each year Mecklenburg County has a representative from each department to help raise money.
Excellent work environment, management/team support while working collectively to achieve company goals in helping our community.
2-1-1 Coordinator/Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  814 9th Greeley Co. 80631February 17, 2019
Day at work: Client intake/assessment via call center/email/text/live chat. Data/records input, edit and summarize into various reports in support of, management, agency network, city offices, and board members.
Learned: time management, organization, problem solving, human relations, using your voice to project energy/attitude/control/acknowledgement/support/neutralize-redirect.
Management: Very supportive, understanding, strong leadership and direction.
Workplace culture: Strong, synergy, unified, supportive, open, strong/compassionate personalities.
Hardest part of job: The great need and urgency of our client's trials in our community and shortage of financial resources in which to assist them to move forward.
Most enjoyable of job: Working with a strong team, database, providing great service/resolutions and time allowed away from office for family time.
Pros
Strong management, family oriented, time allowed to be with family, unity.
Cons
Wages
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2019
Everyone at United Way has a part to play to improve our community, and we work hard together to make it happen. I learned a great deal over my years at United Way and was sad to go due to budget reasons.
Very fast pace
Information and Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Management needs better communication and scheduling. It is very flexible but insurance is not worth it. Company parties are ok and usual monthly meetings.
Collaborative environment
Resource Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 7, 2019
United Way team members work together collaboratively on projects. The work is very fast-paced and diverse. Team members are focused on the community and how they can best serve Knox County.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No health insurance, life insurance, or retirement benefits
Amazing
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 5, 2019
They are such an outstanding company to work for, they truly believe in their mission and vision. This is particularly shown through there work in the bristol community.
Pros
Hard working, Driven
Cons
Organization
Not what you expect from a well known nonprofit organization
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 5, 2019
This review is based on an interview for a Sr Accountant position.

1st impression walking in the door- relaxed environment with a few people chatting in their offices but no one at the front desk.

I was given a paper application to fill out with a few pages for the background check. Once finished I had to go look for someone to let them know I was done and ready for the interview.

The interview included a few typical questions about prior experience but seemed to focus more on personality than what the candidate could do. I was given a copy of the benefits before the interview was over.

Afterwards I tried following up but never got a response and a few weeks later I had to just assume I wasn't chosen since I didn't even get a rejection email or call. Their ghosting indicates a lack of respect, which seemed to be par for the course there.

Overall- very unprofessional
Exciting work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2019
Each department works independently, yet depends on the services of other departments to complete a project. The overall feeling is very up-beat with excitement in the air. There is a lot of trial & error, sometimes requiring a change in direction that some people find unsettling.
Pros
Acknowledged for a job well done
Cons
A high turnover
Layed back
Secretary (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 30, 2019
It was a very nice place to work. And united way has so many different helpful places inside. like counseling, therapy and parenting classes. They had AA meeting classes and shops for girl scouts
Excellent work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 30, 2019
United Way of Delaware is an excellent work environment, not only for interns, but employees too. I would definitely recommend this organization to peolple. Great Place!
Pros
Good Teamwork
Cons
Very relaxed work environment
Interesting Corporate Culture
ASSISTANT CHIEF IMPACT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 30, 2019
The corporate culture at United Way can sometimes be overwhelming for those just joining the organization. There are very evident pressures to become involved in as many facets of the organization as possible.
Not a good fit for work and family life
Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 30, 2019
The premise of this agency is to help Connecticut residents with their health and human services needs and provide crisis intervention. However, they do not treat their employees as well as their mission. Ask about the high turnover rate with people quitting and the even higher rate of firing good employees..
Rather not give a review
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2019
I do not wish to give any review of the United Way or their employees. I do not want to give a summery or review of them at this time. I appreciate the opportunity to decline.
Fine Organization, No Budget
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJanuary 28, 2019
The organization does great work & good stewards of donations. Unfortunately they are too small to support a full-time event planner. They still have not replaced my position.
The Tulsa Area United Way is a wonderful organization
Temp Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 26, 2019
My position was only temporary but the experience was great. I learned a lot of new skills and the culture was extremely positive. I learned a great deal about local charitable organizations during campaign season.
Pros
Positive Company Culture
Cons
monotonous actual work
Fun light construction job
Volunteer Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXJanuary 24, 2019
As a volunteer, I learned how to work in a team, while gaining a sense of community. Some of the work was difficult for me, but the workplace camaraderie helped keep me working hard.
Very nice and pleasant people to work place. A very resourceful place.
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 24, 2019
I really like this place. Everyone here were all very friendly. It's also a very resourceful place. I recommend people to come here if they need help.
Stressfull Work Place
Co-Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2019
The teachers, and everyone in Adminstration spoke mostly spanish. The Adminstration are very bias. The adminstration only critized my work there; I did everything that was asked of me to do, and they still found fault.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere for children
Cons
Language Barrier
Wonderful team
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 24, 2019
The employees and management at United Way are extremely committed to their work, and they do a great job of making a difference in the community. The office culture is very fun.
Was Secretary for office
Receptionist (Huntington) (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 23, 2019
I answered calls, made appointments, set up lunches and went to get the food. Typed up notes from a recorded message from Manager. Filed paper work accordingly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Way. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight