UnitedHealth Group

United States14,149 reviews

Found 14,149 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,869 reviews

Great company

Featured review

UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed working for UHC. I relocated to another state however, and the assistance to transfer to another position that I qualified for was minimal to none. The benefits are decent, which include Bravos, which are points to obtain gift cards or purchase items from their internal store. There is not a work and balance life as your having to work overtime or on your time to meet deadlines and your review is dependent on you meeting those deadlines. The great thing about working at UHC was that I worked remotely and could work at any hour of the day. My manager and team were great, very helpful and knowledgeable in the LTC Medicaid program.

Pros

Bravos, great team environment

Cons

Fair benefits, work long hours, transfer to another position is hard

Official response from UnitedHealth Group

July 2, 2019
We appreciate your feedback!Good to hear you enjoyed the flexibility you got from telecommuting. Sounds like you were part of a great team and had an awesome manager. We wish you all the best!Thank you.Sudeshna S., Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group.

EVERYONE cares about you and wants to help you succeed.

This job makes me feel great about the company I work for. Not only do they care about their employees but they also care a great deal about the members they serve.

UnitedHealth Group insights

Based on 5,261 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

This if for OPTUMRX Pharm clerk positions 2nd shift

The day starts out as a drag since we have daily work area changes, you'll soon see there isn't much order on the pharm tech side.I've learned that you have to learn as much as you can because after two days of computer work you will be thrown onto the production floor without any help unless you get locked out of your station.Management only cares about how productive you can be, if your not productive they wont really even speak to you regarding complaints or help.Workplace culture is a bit like high school, everyone has their little clicks and of course everyone will judge you based on your production as well. There is nothing hard about the job, once you learn everything its relatively easy just be ready to expect out of nowhere mandatory overtime so you wont go home till 1:30 am sometimes.There is nothing really enjoyable about OPTUM RX this job feels like a joke sometimes.

It is a great place to work. good pay, good training and supervisor is always there to support you if you have any issues or trouble. Coaching is great during training

productive place

The people were great to work with, company has great benefits and the environment was not too stressful. I enjoyed working there and only left to stay home with the kids.

Very busy, remote, decent benefits

Very busy work environment. On boarding and training period is very rough but there is good support. Different than bedside but just as busy if not more. Benefits are pretty good.

Exceptional Career Advancement Opportunities

Great Team support. Everyone is down-to-earth. Training is intense but a plethora of guidance & team support from trainers and supervisors. Very diverse & inclusive work environment.

UHC is a great place to work. I have enjoyed my tenure here. This company has redefined my understanding of how you can get the work done, but still care about the consumers that you serve, and care about the colleagues that you work with. For the most part, leadership adheres to the company mission and vision statements. Leadership also aligns to the company core values. I feel very proud to be in the position I am with a industry leading Fortune 5 company.

Great training and great people to work with. Good work/life balance but can't speak for benefits because I was only employed for a contract position

Lots of room to grow

The company is so large that you can move around to different departments after 1 year in a role. I’ve had 3 roles there, each one building on the last. No place is perfect but this is a really good organization.

Top Insurance Carrier - Poor work environment

While working here it was a mess.The building is poorly kept up.Trash overflowing and the cafeteria is basically a food place where everything is cooked in a pizza over, even eggs Employees are sad and the lights are deem Pay was under the grade for the position

Great management but job is tough

Job is unique. Must follow protocol to tee for calls. Insurance is mediocre and no raises for the time I was there except for performance raise. Management is absolutely amazing and one of the main reasons I enjoyed working there.

Very stressful job ever

Very stressful job ever, customers will hang up on you or ask you to speak with your supervisor. It’s back to back call center job that makes you hate the job the first week.

Pros

Good Pay and benefits

Cons

Poor management

Missing Transparency

No proactive communication and leadership always rotates. It is really sad to see how the folks that are directly impacted are the front line staff. There’s no employee appreciation.

I do not recommend.

Just to start Human resources here... doesnt actually exist. No one responds. Call, online submission, email... no response ever. Even better the IT departments do jot communicate with one another and send you in loops between them because no one wants to work. It is insane. There is so little actual training that applies to your day to day position. If they tell you crisis calls are rare do NOT believe them. The company provided internet is horrible and when it goes out you miss that time and are not paid. Doesn't matter how long it takes to get it working again. You have to track your own hours for two entirely different systems down to the minute with various codes and craziness and the two charts have to "match" even though you document different things in each program. There is no support of any kind.

Great starter call center job

This is another place you can learn and grow with! Management and training works hand to hand helping you succeed but you do not get a great work life balance

Pros

Pay growth

Cons

No work life balance

Past employee review

Compassion runs deep with this organization. They care about the employees juggling work and family life. Management is very clicky. The organization does not explain that vacation days are considered grants. Ask important questions.

Pros

Nothing specific

Cons

Not paid out for vacation if you resign

Poor management

Poor management. Turn over rate is high. Supervisors micromanage instead of focusing on healthy work balanced relationships. No proactivety and all reactive to breaks. Poor on bonus. Will use any excuse not to give you a bonus.

Pros

Fmla

Cons

Management, culture, all numbers driven and not ppl driven

Churn and Burn

Stay away from UnitedHealthcare! This is a corporate churn and burn sweat shop. They routinely grind down their employees and then kick them to the curb. As an employee recently told me, "When you work for UHC, nothing is every enough." Avoid this place like the plague.

Great company

Fair pay. Great leadership. Remote environment and benefits are great too. Room to grow internally, opportunities are available for anyone. I really like the culture and people who work here.

Ok depending on dept/manager

I worked in several different departments in United healthcare, I worked as a customer advocate in the CSR department and depending on who your supervisor is it can make your job great or horrible, I also worked as a CAC, the and I absolutely hated it because of the manager and the extreme workload, now I'm in another CAC department and the supervisor is great and the workload is fair

Pros

Most positions are work from home

Cons

They can pay better, & have better health benefits especially since we work for the Healthcare Company

Common questions about UnitedHealth Group

Answered by current and former employees at UnitedHealth Group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight