UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

21K
11K
Found 10,373 reviews matching the search See all 11,440 reviews
Featured review
UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
Great culture
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 26, 2018
The only downside was being on the phones and trying to make your numbers each month. I had to leave due to a health condition or I would still be there. I got my son in law a job working there and he loves the company too.
Pros
work from home
Cons
trying to make your numbers each month.
Fast paced work environment
Human Capital - Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2018
My experience with United Health Care Group was overall a good one. I enjoyed coming to work each day, so much so that at times it would be past my shift end time and I hadn't even noticed. There was never a dull moment as I worked in a the Human Resources office for a large call center. Management team at United Health Group was exceptional to work with.
Pros
Diverse culture
Cons
Better compensation package
Great place to work in my area.
Rework processor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, ILMay 23, 2018
UHG/UHC is a great job and great place to work in my area. They have offered me with exceptional benefits and a great work environment. I just don't feel they offer the advancement I am looking for.
Poor work/life balance
Utilization Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
Micromanaged workplace with work/life balance challenges. Lots of mandatory overtime on weekends with little advanced notice. Poor training with expectations of being up and running after little time.
Productive and Flexible work Place
IT Business/Data Analytics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 23, 2018
UHG gave me an opportunity to learn different skill sets at the same time and also created a challenging platform to prove my skills.
The work culture is great and I always had flexibility to connect remote at the time I need.
Pros
Flexibility to connect to work
Cons
No Proper cafeteria or holiday celebration
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2018
UHC has amazing values. Senior management was great to work with. UHC provided flexibility. I enjoyed everyone I worked with people here are happy and work well as a team.
UHG is inconsistent but not a bad place if you are young
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 23, 2018
UHG offers great training opportunities.
The company promotes based upon cronyism rather than actual experience.
Some departments allow remote work and others forbid it for the same position.
This company tends to have a frequent reduction in force, focusing on those that are not physically fit and older than 40 years.
This company likes to hire college interns and have them replace the more experienced employees within a year.
This company provides that ability to travel for work and meet others that are geographically dispersed.
This company increases revenue in the double digits annually, but does not pass the profit on to the employees.
This company offers a great stock purchase plan.
This company does not have highly discounted insurance, but does give good insurance options.
This company provides small perks like coffee, tea, hot chocolate and more.
Pros
Training
Cons
excessive meetings and cronyism within management
flexible
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 23, 2018
United Healthcare was very flexible as you could work from home or in the office. This made it easier for employees with a family. Management was easy going.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great environment
Front Desk Security/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 23, 2018
I worked in the UHC in Concord CA. I liked the people there they were really friendly and understanding. It is very relaxed. My commute was long because I lived in Hayward but what was great was that the BART station was right across the street.
Pros
near the BART
Cons
Long commute
Don’t guarantee to stay here long
-(NOC) Analyst/Incident Response (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 23, 2018
Don’t guarantee to stay here long unless your part of upper Management . Not much career growth opportunities unless you want to relocate to Optum HQ.
Excellent support for employees growth
Director (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 22, 2018
UHG invests in growing their employees and provides a great work-life balance. The corporate culture promotes well-being of their employees and the communities they serve.
Great training and employment opportunities!
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 22, 2018
Training was about 2-3 months long but extremely worth it! They make sure you’re ready for everything that might come your way beforehand. Everyone was for the most part friendly.
Pros
No lunch no problem scan your ID, managers nice and flexible, great environment
Cons
Very “click-y”
Great Envirnoment, great people
IT System Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 22, 2018
Learned a lot within my career there. Management very open to ideas. Great people, advancement accessible. Good benefits, opportunities. Provided good work/life balance
Pros
Great
Cons
Na
easy work
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 22, 2018
laid back, easy job, no real stress, my manager is awesome, opportunity to learn other skills, great benefits, great PTO, can apply for other jobs within the company
Pros
work schedule
Cons
Productive Place to work and learn
Project Manager/Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  USMay 22, 2018
The organization is pretty good if you want to work in a fortune 10. They have very mature process through which you can learn so much. It is fun working with the team members as they have instilled a very mature work culture in the company.
Cons
Job security in the last few years have been a little shaky specially for contractors.
My Review
Senior Provider Relations Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed coming in to the office everyday. Very friendly co-workers,all UHC offices were very clean and work stations were very comfortable to do your job.
Focused on solutions
Workforce Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 22, 2018
UHG is very focused on constant growth. This is evident every day. They also are very concerned about results. I was given a lot of autonomy in my position which I enjoy.
Productive and fun work place
Adjustment Specialist -Tracer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2018
Great place to work with the option of working at home. The benefits could be a little better but overall they are good. Grest group of employees that work together to serve our customers.
Pros
Work at home is an option
Cons
Benefits could be a little better.
A political minefield stuck in the industrial age...
Partner Manager, Patient Care Coordination (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 22, 2018
As the 6th biggest company in the world, it's as corporate as corporate comes.

Red tape everywhere you look. Try to be innovative only to be led to never ending barriers. Challenge the status quo, and ask people to be transparent or vulnerable, and quickly become a martyr.

Priorities are so out of whack, they'll inevitably be taken over by more innovative start-ups. The only thing saving their bottom line is the 1980's industrialist efficiency that lives on..

Go if you want a good job, don't if you care about long-term in a good culture
what an experience
Coding Specialist II (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 22, 2018
very productive group with high productivity requirement and expectation. work life balance with high regards to accountability to self and set goals
Corrupt management
Customer Care Agent, Full-time CPhT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
There is a lot of politics. Management is unethical & all in bed together; impossible to get promoted, must apply with a different department completely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight