UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 10,566 reviews matching the search See all 11,707 reviews
Featured review
UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
Excellent company
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dexter, NMAugust 21, 2018
Strong team oriented, strong values, strong mission statement and is very dedicated to the communities that we serve. Company is environmentally friendly, focused on improving out communities.
Telecommute
Inpatient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 15, 2018
Great job with good benefits. Layoffs are common. Difficult to move up in company. Enjoyed working from home. Some leadership teams have been very difficult to work with.
Na
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2018
I worked for UHC through a third party. The actual company was very strong and secure in there core values and mission. The third party that I worked for was more relaxed however owe represented the parent company with pride.
Great coworkers!
A Telephonic Disease/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2018
Overall it is a wonderful place to work with great, helpful coworkers.The managers try to offer the help needed to help you succeed. Sometimes it may get too fast paced and you may not be able to take a break.
Pros
great helpful coworkers
Cons
Your work is timed.
November 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing! It's important to us to build a network of supportive and helpful co-workers especially in a fast-paced environment like ours! I'm sorry to hear about your cons, and sometimes in these cases, it helps to have a conversation with a manager or peer for support.

Uhc
Health Adviser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2018
The people who work there are great. Everyone is friendly and helpful. However, the mandatory overtime is brutal. You become easily burned out, since most of your interactions are giving people bad news. Then 2-4 hours mandatory overtime added to your shift most days. If they fixed this, it wouldn't be bad at all.
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm really sorry to hear about the mandatory overtime. Would you mind taking a few minutes to provide this feedback to our HR department? Their number is 1-800-561-0861, Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM CT.

Annie W., Talent Community Manager

It works if you work it
Dental Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2018
UHG has a team of compassionate people. Working in a call center has never been something I wanted to but since I needed a job, I'm grateful it was UHG
November 15, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing!

Fast paced
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
Very fast paced environment. Could use improvement in development and coaching. Mentorship is available if you are able to seek out employees on your own. AHT not stressed during training however is a factor when being reviewed.
November 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing. We're actively working on new content and projects that will help improve the opportunities that allow our employees to connect with mentors and peers. We do recognize that such opportunities are important for career growth.

Annie W., Talent Community Manager

My job had a remote option so the work life balance was good
Principal Statistician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2018
My job had a remote option, very nice team to work with, professionalism, average compensation, my manager was decent man, good professional but very worked out.

Thank you for sharing.

Low pay
Claims Adjustment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chico caNovember 14, 2018
Low pay they don’t pay at all and never give raises, the medical benefits are horrible for
Being a medical
Insurance company no room for
Advancement and pto is hard to get approved, the stock price goes up yet our pay stays stagnant
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your honesty. Have you had development or compensation conversations with your manager? Have you explored our internal groups and resources on these topics? I highly encourage you to start in these places, because for advancement, you and your manager should have a candid conversation on how you would like to grow and develop your career.

Annie W., Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 13, 2018
This is not a place that cares about their employees. They make a great sales pitch and depending on your manager it may be true. Pettiness and childish things like disliking people are the alternative.
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and I'm sorry to hear that. Managers and management styles do vary, and I encourage you to explore the open opportunities we currently have.

a typical day at work
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2018
I was surrounded by people who cared about their job.
They applied their life experiences with conviction and pride.
They were appreciated for their hard work and dedication.
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to be surrounded by people who are equally passionate and dedicated.

Annie W., Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Special Needs Initiative Process Expert (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 13, 2018
I started in customer service but have worked my way up. There are so many different areas to work, there is something for everyone. Would recommend applying!
November 15, 2018

Thank you so much! It sounds like you have a great passion for our mission, and you are a great example of internal career mobility because of all the different opportunities we have to offer.

My position.
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT, EVERCARE (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 13, 2018
I worked as a mid-level provider, taking care of patients in LTC setting at several nursing homes in the metro-area. Flexibility was what drew me to the position. Poor personalities in management is why I pursued employment elsewhere.
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with management. If you would like to explore the possibility of returning to UnitedHealth Group, I highly encourage you to explore other teams and opportunities to find your fit. Our recruiters can be great resources in helping you navigate this!

ok
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 13, 2018
back to back inbound calls. will get coaching, must follow your lunch and two breaks schedule. Must do your best to provide complete or accurate information or you will be coached
i hated it
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHNovember 13, 2018
The company was not helpful when I had family issues. if you brought up an issue you were having they basically told you to deal and not let it effect your production.
Community Health Worker
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 13, 2018
Company is great to work for. Just no upside for our role and within our team. Would love to continue to work for the company, but unfortunately not able to.
cool place
CSO Hix (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 13, 2018
it was great just wish it lasted longer and they let us know when it was ending instead of coming in working then letting people go with out notice. Other than that it was great they even gave a bonus for coming in on time not missing days and so forth it was good money for my family really.
Pros
free lunches great pay
Cons
no notice of lay off
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 13, 2018
I didn’t stay long because I was still in high school. My hours was flexible...for the age I was it was and okay pay...the manager was really nice from what I remember
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
No cons
Provider Services
Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 13, 2018
The training for provider services could be much more robust and inclusive of more typical daily issues w/providers. One call resolution is very difficult with the level of training provided currently.
A Unique Experience
Clinical Associate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 12, 2018
I spent 11 years there and was able to climb the latter. It was not without it's downsides. Ultimately, great place to work. I enjoyed most of my time there and will not soon forget it.
Pros
Telecommuting, Competetive Pay
Cons
Management, Unorganized, Passing The Buck Concept
No Communication
Advocate 4 Me Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 12, 2018
Experienced lack of communication from the get-go, starting in training and moving into being on the floor. Had multiple trainers that didn't communicate with each other what was being reviewed and was expected to know materials or information that was never discussed. Was told we would be receiving help and support but never really did and was often told we could be replaced if we left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight