UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Many oppourtunites for advancement
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 17, 2017
Great culture, you have to be able to adjust to constant changes, fast paced.
Down side is that there is not a lot of flexibility to go part time only full time offered.
Great working experience
Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 17, 2017
I worked with a group of telecommuters and communication was of utmost important. It was a wonderful experience working with others, all of us telecommuters including our supervisor. Everyone went the extra mile to work together, communicate well and accomplish the goals that were set for us by management.
Good entry level starting point
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 17, 2017
Good entry level starting point, opportunity for advancement and learning. Definitely strict with adherence. Great resume addition, pretty easy job once you know how to successfully execute your position.
Advancement and acknowledgement
Senior Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 17, 2017
OptumRx is constantly making changes due to switching out management and was becoming unorganized. All the jobs are the same level same pay year after year due to the constant changes the metric are retro leaving you without a raise. They don't acknowledge you individually and use you in positions that require more pay but doesn't pay you for them because you aren't officially in the role. Overall OptumRx is making changes but mainly to benefit the company.
Pros
Relations you build
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2017
The job was a great learning experience, it’s amazing to be able too help assist the members in get prescriptions, giving them clarity, or even just assisting them. The job can however be stressful if don’t properly balance yourself.
Great Company
Sr. Business Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2017
Great company with lots of benefits, generous PTO, a lot of opportunities for advancement. Office all over the country, telecommuting a possibility, flexibility in schedule.
I Love My Job and Work!
Manager of Compensation (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 16, 2017
I have loved working at UnitedHealth Group. They provide great benefits, and are focused on employee development. The management teams are transparent and helpful.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
N/a
Excellent experience providing nursing care to the State of Hawaii Medicaid population
RN Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 16, 2017
• Visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals, or provider’s offices
• Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction, utilize interpreter services for culturally appropriate communication.
• Support member’s with condition education, medication reviews, and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
• Assist members with the transition from care facility back to their home.
Family Orientated Environment
Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  PhoenixNovember 15, 2017
United really has a family culture. We really take our time to be there for one another. We have an amazing amount of charity, pot lucks, or fun projects that we do through out the month on a daily.
Pros
work from home abilities
Cons
low raises
Great Place to Work!
QUALITY ANALYST CLAIMS AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Diamondhead, MSNovember 15, 2017
I am very happy at UHC. I like my job. The work/life balance is great. I work from my home. My schedule can be flexible. My manager is amazing. The benefits could be better/less expensive.
workplace
Appeals and Grievance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CANovember 14, 2017
it is a production first company and fast paced. There are many changes to policy and must be able to adjust to pace and policies. The work environment is pleasant
Great Place to work
Credentialing Specialist - Network Management (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2017
UHG is a great place to work, despite the politics in which almost every job has. There is great opportunity for advancement and this is encouraged throughout the company.
Productive and quiet work day
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2017
Receive in depth training. Building is up to date and nice. Quiet environment. The hardest part is locating some information to provide the correct information.
Satisfactory
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CANovember 14, 2017
A great environment for employees, and a great company for growth. Decent pay with benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, FSA, HSA, Rally Health, and stocks.
Good supervisor
Complex Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CANovember 14, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. They did have a problem with rolling out changes in work flow that were not fully thought out and did not consistently stay in place.
United Health Cars
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2017
I entered information into database for Obama Care. Customers filled out applications for health care. Help customers get health care plan in timely manner. Accurately enter information in computer.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
temporary
Great Company Poor Management
Customer Service/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 14, 2017
Supervisors only look out for themselves and wash their hands easily as long as they are not the ones jeopardized. They have competitions among so called "teams" and they put pressure on you to compete just so the supervisors can acquire a higher bonus. Customer service is required and they treat their callers great, but that is all.
Mismanaged and unorganized
Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 14, 2017
Managers are not supported by Executive Leadership. Employees are left to try and learn their role which is NOT clearly defined. Would not recommend this organization to my enemy. Benefits aren't for those with families that have disabilities. Veterans, do not fall for the advertisement that they support hiring Veterans. I am a Veteran and status does not matter. At will company that will fire you for doing something you weren't taught to do for the many roles they failed to disclose during the interview process. Prepare to interview the hiring manager to ensure you are what they are looking for.
Pros
Work from home opportunity
Cons
Little benefits, at will company meaning they can lay you off or fire you for no reason.
A waste of effort
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2017
Stressful place . .........Not even worth the time.................discrimmated for medical history, harrassed in this a company. Site director agrues with you stating if there are continous issues you have no right to keep addressing human resources.
Pros
Club ride discount
Cons
Pay unfairly, discrimmination to medical history by management.
call center
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2017
The initial training was done well. Once on the floor it was a bit hard but the floor managers were very helpful. Lunches were given on time and the floor was friendly. The schedules changed to having night shift and late evenings. I was hired for mornings and was never told that shifted could changed. That made it difficult and stressful not knowing what shift you would receive. I enjoyed talking to all the nurses and doctors and helping clients.
Pros
good training
Cons
shift hours changed randomly at the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.