UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 14,044 reviews matching the search See all 15,651 reviews
Featured review
UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
Great company
Health and Social Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2019
I enjoyed working for UHC. I relocated to another state however, and the assistance to transfer to another position that I qualified for was minimal to none. The benefits are decent, which include Bravos, which are points to obtain gift cards or purchase items from their internal store. There is not a work and balance life as your having to work overtime or on your time to meet deadlines and your review is dependent on you meeting those deadlines. The great thing about working at UHC was that I worked remotely and could work at any hour of the day. My manager and team were great, very helpful and knowledgeable in the LTC Medicaid program.
Pros
Bravos, great team environment
Cons
Fair benefits, work long hours, transfer to another position is hard
Toss up
Provider Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 19, 2019
The company itself is ok, except for the insecure supervisors! Who micro managed, make up lies about why you can't get a raise, and for giving occurence for being out sick.
Pros
Discount benefits
Cons
Health insurance/ they have for its employees/micro managed
August 20, 2019

We appreciate your candid review. Thank you for sharing - your feedback is noted! Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

poor communication from direct manager
Solutions Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2019
I had to go to my managers boss to find out why the contract was ended. For the 3 months I was there, I was not given much guidance. By the time I understood what was required in the position, the contract ended.
August 20, 2019

We appreciate your honest feedback. We would like to know more about your experience and gather feedback. If you're willing, feel free to reach out to HR Direct at 1-800-561-0861 Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM CT. Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

requirements
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2019
Anyone that is salaried is required to work more that 40 hours a week.

the only advantage of working for United is the benefits. Of which are not the best to offer.
August 20, 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as a current employee. Our employees do have a wide variety of benefits and you may not have selected the ones that fit your needs -- we do have employee assistance programs to help employees make informed decisions when it comes to their benefits. Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Productive and fun work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2019
Independent and multiple opportunities for growth. I would give flu vaccinations to big corporations. The opportunity for networking was wonderful as well.
Productive Enviornment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INAugust 19, 2019
Every day I would be able to login to my computer with my passwords to clock myself in. I thought that was amazing because you can even put yourself on break while timing yourself to come back on time. The most enjoyable part is speaking with the elderly who have so much life experience. It is truly my favorite thing to do. I learned how to communicate better. Management was fair.
Pros
free meals occasionally, fun activities, prizes for being with the company
Cons
more space
Loved the people i worked with
Research Analyst OPW (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 19, 2019
Must be able to work fast paced job with stats of 120% or better, be a people person. Must Have patience. Benefits could be better. Management is ok.
Stressful and unfulfilling
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 19, 2019
Telecommuting options are available, and the pay is reasonable, but the raises are below cost of living, and if you stay long enough, you find yourself living paycheck to paycheck. Immediate managers are good, but to anything above them, you are a number, and treated like chattel. Department mergers with employees in different salary grades result in the higher grade employees being reduced to the lower pay grade. Performance is heavily customer survey based. When you frequently deal with customers that are already upset about a problem before they even call in, you feel like your job is on the line with every call. When employees complained about being punished as individuals for corporate recommendation scores, despite high numbers for the service on the calls themselves, Management responded bluntly with, "You are part of UnitedHealth and will be held accountable to those scores". I have watched dozens of good, experienced employees leave the department, and even the company, because they could no longer take the overwhelming stress of maintaining the performance metrics required in the call center.
August 20, 2019

We appreciate your honest feedback. To address your concerns regarding management and pay, feel free to reach out to HR Direct at 1-800-561-0861 Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM CT. they can help you work through any feedback and solutions. Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Very busy work environment and generous pay.
Registered Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2019
The work day is very busy and more days than not you are working hours into the evening. You do not get much support from management however the co-workers are very helpful and pitch in when asked without hesitation. The pay is very generous. The company does a lot to improve on morale, it just felt like sometimes it was a little too late. I would have stayed but my husband's job relocated to another state.
August 20, 2019

Thank you for letting us know about your experience while you were here. We value your feedback! Best, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Communication/Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 18, 2019
Communication is needed. Senior supervisors are not connected to employees and are rude at times. Training is also an issue. Either not enough or not at all.
August 20, 2019

We appreciate you writing a review and sharing your experience as a Customer Service Rep. Feel free to also share your thoughts with HR Direct at 1-800-561-0861 Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM CT so we can hear more about your feedback. Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Awesome place to work!
Manager of Provider Relations and Service Advocacy (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 18, 2019
Many opportunities. The local management is an asset. Home work life balance is much appreciated. I would recommend you look for a position at this company
Telecommuter: are trained to be excellence in everything we do when working with Coustomers
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 18, 2019
I worked as a telecommuter in 2016, which mean I worked from home. I live in Corpus Christi Texas. This job was very beneficial to me because my wife was very sick and to this day her condition has worsen. The training and help from coworkers was amazing. No matter what their job description was if they could be of assistants they would help. The supervisors I had was patient with me while I learned. I wish I could work for them again. I haven't had a better job since. We serve low income adults and children with serious illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. This was a great job.
Friendly and well oraginzed
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 18, 2019
I loved working there. The work load was simple and professional. Everyone was willing to help. Management was helpful and allowed employees to be flexible when needed.
August 20, 2019

Thanks for sharing! Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Enjoyed working at UHG
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2019
Loved the work with UHG, well compensated. Working as needed doing annual medicare physicals. Would work with them again. Team manager highly motivated to ensure your success.
Corporate business. People eat their own.
REMOTE RN HEDIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTAugust 18, 2019
Culture of fear and abysmal communication. Worked on line for a HEDIS project. Stupidity in motion. Change in managers times 2 and that is just a stupid way to do business. Minimal on line support and not enough work to do and then they blame you for not doing enough work. Tell you the rules of the project and then changed the rules and give you a statistic of how you didn't do something correctly. UHG is so unprofessional and typical corporate where the highest persons get paid millions and the people who do all the work are getting paid pennies.
August 20, 2019

Thank you for your perspective. I'm sorry you felt there was an issue with management during your time at UnitedHealth Group. I suggest expressing your concerns with HR Direct, so they can handle the situation properly. You can reach them here: 1-800-561-0861. Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

My experience was great, I actually hate I left the company
Technical Support Specialist/ Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 18, 2019
It was the best company and job I had since returning to the civilian sector. I hate I left. It was a great working environment, the leadership was great. The distance to my home was just to far away.
Pros
Great work environment, great management team. The pay was great as well and the benifits was the best.
Cons
None for me.
Not treated fairly.
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2019
Management not good. Older employees picked off one by one.
Watch your back as lower management is sneaky and higher management does nothing.
Everything is about metrics. You are not allowed to be human.
August 20, 2019

Thank you for your review. What you listed here does not align with our culture or management style. I would encourage you to contact HR Direct and give them the feedback on your concerns, so that we can have more insights into your experience. Their number is 1-800-561-0861, open Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM CT. Best, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Would not recomment this employer
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 17, 2019
Working for UHG was a very stressful work environment, supervisors micro-managed employees, there were unreasonable goals and time limits, and they paid the lowest pay in the industry. While there I also experienced extreme favoritism.
Clean and Productive work environment
Senior Billing / Claims Representative I (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAAugust 17, 2019
United Health Group is a clean and productive work environment, that I would recommend to anyone looking for employment in the healthcare field with a customer service background!
Use to love the job
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  TelecommuterAugust 17, 2019
Loved it when I started but last couple of years the direction that the company is taking is less than satisfactory and unable to feel secure in my job or to even advance my career due to changes from upper management.
Chaotic environment
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2019
Managers had no idea how to reach the goals they set for the team. 5 minute max on calls or no bonus. No way to accurately do your job and meet goals. Only way to make bonus is send wrong medication to seniors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UnitedHealth Group.

Powered by Comparably