UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 11,535 reviews matching the search See all 12,681 reviews
Featured review
UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
Excellent company
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dexter, NMAugust 21, 2018
Strong team oriented, strong values, strong mission statement and is very dedicated to the communities that we serve. Company is environmentally friendly, focused on improving out communities.
they try to work with you to a degree
Claims Project Manager M&R (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 20, 2018
ok place to work depending on the department and supervisor you work with. They add more and more work to your load with no pay increases. They give plenty of paid time off but you can not use it unless you schedule over a year in advance.
Pros
good vacation pay (when you can use it)
Cons
they keep adding more and more work with no increase in pay.
Amazing training
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 20, 2018
United health care provided over a month and a half of training to me before starting my actual role. I was more than prepared for my position when I hit the floor.
Pros
There was a Cafeteria that offered lunch 5 days a week
Cons
Difficult to switch positions
supervisor calls
Business Analyst / Broker Services (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 20, 2018
if a Customer service rep needed help with a call. Supervisors would not come over till the customer was extremely irate and they would come help us. That is not helpful to the customer nor the rep.
Help for internal employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
Need to continue improvements on helping internal employees find and secure new job opportunities to show case the experience and learning from withiin the company. UHC does not help their employees enough with finding internal positions and they lose many good employees to external companies.
Fast Paced and Bottom Line Focus
Manager Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 20, 2018
UHG is a good solid company to work for, with the ever changing medical world, there is continuous change and the focus is on getting to the bottom line.
Rating
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 20, 2018
I wouldn't suggested this work environment at this time. My manager doesn't look ahead to the future so she is reactive instead of being proactive. My manager is easily frustrated with her role.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
stressful
Okay work place
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Its a good job for people who like to sit at a desk all day. Management is very friendly and understanding. Could have better training and pay. Tough to meet monthly targets.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Boring Job
Remote Associate Provider Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I liked working for UHG, laid back, friendly, understanding management. I referred many people to this company and some still work there today. I plan to reapply.
Great place
CSR Medicare Specialist Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 19, 2018
Long drive unless you live in Franklin TN. Always leave early and be there 10 min early if your even two minutes late it’s counted against you. Some managers are great while others have a power trip
Pros
Good benefits and training
September 20, 2018

Thanks for sharing your opinion on your role. We are happy to hear you had a good experience with training. If you are not getting a lot of management support, please call HR Direct at 1-800-561-0861 Monday - Friday 7 AM - 7 PM CT to chat with our professionals about your concern. Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Workplace
Sales and Account Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work was eventful and moved very fast paced in my opinion. The management team worked with me and made me feel at home. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that the small projects that I was doing made a big difference in the lives of my fellow employees and the customers.
ability to work from home
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHSeptember 19, 2018
UHC- offers many work at home positions that allow you to balance work and family life evenly. This helps wonders for the single parent. Their training program is extensive.
September 20, 2018

Thanks for being candid! The work from home option is a great way to improve your work-life balance! Thanks for sharing. Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Contract work for Medicare Plus Product
Independent Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Very good Medicare/ Medicare Plus products for seniors

.As an Independent Agent, there was good sales support, but not enough leads to maintain contract. A good position for a part time worker.
Typical work day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Answering inbound calls daily, we strive on the culture. Computer/phone tends to act up making it difficult to perform your duties. Enjoy the job I do
Pros
people you work with and helping customers
company culture
Provider Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Need to improve on their company culture on inclusion to all employees and not just management staff. Attention to the customer service reps needs with handling claims.
Pros
Friendly Training environment for new hires.
Cons
Bias to hiring only friends for management staff positions
September 20, 2018

Thank you for your perspective. I'm sorry you felt there was an issue with management during your time at UnitedHealth Group. I suggest expressing your concerns with HR Direct, so they can handle the situation properly. You can reach them here: 1-800-561-0861. Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

My life at UHG
Provider Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  telecommuting at Ashby, MassSeptember 19, 2018
When I worked at United health Group I had the opportunity to give my input into job restructuring, what tools I needed to perform the said job duties. Kept track of doctors and nurses times and kept up to date excel spreadsheets on patient evaluations for in home care. The management was outstanding letting me grow in my position. The culture was positive and fun. The hardest part of the job was getting the doctors do do there observations and corrections on nurses evaluations.. The most enjoyable part was knowing I was making a difference in a program that needed help when I first arrived.
Pros
no micro managing
Cons
good job and good company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 19, 2018
I would work for therm again and will tell friends and family to come and apply to work for them and and get good praise review. They company picinics.
Pros
bring your lunch
Cons
always take abreak
Claims Adjustment Resolution Expert (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 19, 2018
UnitedHealthGroup is one of the top insurance carriers in the world and they show it in how they like to do employee engagement and son on. The pay could be a bit more competitive but the benefits package is very good and the work environment in and of itself is very employee friendly. Management is OK but could be better as well but an overall great company to work for.
September 20, 2018

I appreciate hearing about your positive experience as an employee. I am glad you feel supported in employee engagement! In regards to your pay and benefits concerns, please call HR Direct at 1-800-561-0861 Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM CT to chat with our professionals about your experience. Thank you, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

fast paced
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Job was face paced customer service work. The job consisted of quoting benefits t patient and healthcare providers. Offline work consisted of handling customer compplaints
Productive; incredible team environment
Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 19, 2018
We always stayed busy; best team environment; continuing education; open door policy. Management support was the reason for team success. Case management teams were the best in their field. I learned so much from the incredible team of case managers I worked with. I appreciate the opportunity to serve the US military, veterans and their families.
Lots of perks but minimal advancement
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 19, 2018
As a senior business analyst the work is less prescribed and so each day is a little different. In my role I do a lot of reporting and data analysis. There's a lot of old school mentality of being in the office despite there being very little to no in person meetings. They are not flexible on work times despite being told I could work my desired shift, I was later asked to conform to the rest of the team. Working from home is frowned upon and getting a promotion is near impossible. Getting a new position is also challenging because a lot of the positions are already spoken even though they're required to post the job requisition.
There are a lot of perks to being in the office, there's personal trainers, group fitness, clinic, a ping pong table, lots of café options, Argo at Optum, Caribou at both Optum and 9900, and even onsite banking. They even have their own transit system to take people between buildings. It's really a nice campus, but again there's very little to no career movement and stubborn management.
Pros
Personal trainers, group fitness, great workout facility, onsite health care clinic, a ping pong table, lots of café options, Caribou / Starbucks / Argo, and onsite banking
Cons
Slow computers with lots of tech issues, little to no career movement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight