UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 13, 2017
They do not care about you they only care about the phones and management lies on you. My spouse passed away and they questioned how I chose to grieve and called me a liar. I do not recommend this company at all. They bought out Quest billing Department
Pros
Non
Cons
Managers
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2017
Constant changes, micromanagement. You are able to work from home 20hrs a week after a probationary period. It is really a sales job because it is all about the numbers.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Work demand and micro management
Provider Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 12, 2017
Learn how to speed read, Process & Understand Medical Claims & Billing. The Hardest part having to read a lot in order to receive one answer. You become a number expected to work Quantity over Quality of work.
Management on a power trip
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 12, 2017
THE MOST RIDICULOUS environment you could ever imagine. People showed up and left when they wanted, were on their cell phones for entire shifts, logged in remotely if they were going to be late all with no repercussions. Management had switched hands and everything went down the drain - lost 3/4 of the team to other companies, myself included.
Pros
Zero
loved my job
Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 12, 2017
I loved my job but I needed more money and to work closer to home at the time. I would work there again if I get the opportunity. It was a great experience for me.
Pros
love my job
Cons
distance at the time
not filing this out
Provider Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working in customer services when I worked there for my first 5 years. The people were awesome to work with and working with the members was the absolute highlight of my day.
Pros
they have a cafeteria in the building
Cons
you have to walk a mile away to smoke for the people who smoked.. (not me)
Corporate Environment
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2017
A great place to work if you are in the right department. Many changes all the time (polices, system applications, management etc.) Community volunteering is highly encouraged and supported.
Pros
benefits, work @ home opportunities
Cons
high level expectations, must be 100% accurate
excellent company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2017
Great benefits, fixed schedule means better work\home quality of life. no pressure to make sales. Great feeling helping others in need. Training is very in depth so you are able to preform yout job with confidence from the start
Wonderful place to work for young people.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 11, 2017
Great place to work, great management, and very fast pace, I think this is great for young people. the atmosphere was very conducive to growth and lots of team building activities.... Management was extremely helpful.
Pros
Always have things going on for the employees!!
Cons
Extremely fast paced.
UHG Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
A typical day consisted of taking 50-70 incoming calls. I learned detailed information regarding claims. The hardest part of the job was not being able to locate doctors in the area for the members due to a limited number of participating providers.
Pros
Helping members
Cons
The call center hours of operation

Want to know more about UnitedHealth Group?

Ask a question
We were bought out
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 11, 2017
Unfortunately my section was bought by another hospice and we were all let go. Everybody who was clinical stayed around until their bonuses were paid and then they abandoned their patients. We in the office did our best to maintain patient care as best we could be we weren't clinical and I lost one co-worker after another. Finally I was running the office alone with the help of the Executive Director. I was finally let go when the patient census dropped too low to support the business.
Outstanding development opportunities at UHC
Associate Director of Compliance (Former Employee) –  TelecommuteDecember 11, 2017
If you work hard, pay attention to feedback, how others do things, and you let go of your ego, you can learn a great deal about being a great leader

I loved every minute of working here
stressful
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 11, 2017
working at United Health Care is very STRESSFUL. this company pushes compassion and none for their members or their employees. Everyday it's something new with the policies and how UHC wants things done. They have surveys that can make or break the agent if the member is not happy with uhc and this can make the agent not meet their metric if it's not met in 3 months then the agent is placed on a corrective action. Not to mention every 3 months you have to shift bid. so you may be stuck with a schedule that does not fit with being a parent
Pros
the pros's is that you get to meet and help people that need the help.
Cons
management
I do not want to write a review
Employee (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 11, 2017
Not applicable for me to write a review at this time.
I have no comment to make about the company
I think people have to make their own decisions
There are no two people alike
Great place to work with great people
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2017
- Available work from home positions
- Many learning opportunities
- Friendly culture and very open atmosphere
- I am the only one on my team, so not much support nor a lot of outside knowledge (figure it out myself)
Pros
Work From Home, friendly co-workers
Cons
only one on the team, micromanaging, unknown directions
Workforce Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLDecember 11, 2017
Monitor and evaluate incoming call volume in a call center. Responsible for balancing and allocating incoming call volume with the hardest part being when call volume was extremely high and trying to allocate calls in a very short time.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Productive work area
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 10, 2017
It was a good company but tha carebean management staff drove the company to a bankruptcy. The General manager tried to improve the billing computer system by Implementing his own billing software hiring people that never reached the software goals. Eventually they end by closing the facilities in the Carebean area.
I am an independent broker and like to work closely with UHC
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Florida,port saint lucieDecember 10, 2017
It has been four years that I am selling UHC's products. I like to sell just UHC's products because UHC has good products and my customer love to get UHC's products. I like to be more involved in the business with UHC. I liked to sell UHC's to all the USA by making a call center in my office if UHC gives me all of the informations how I can start this type of business.
Pros
Easy to work with the company
typical call center
excellent and timely customer service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2017
just a job, standard call center in a high school like environment. Managers don't care and some of them spend their time wandering around talking to friends while the entry level people grind out 70 calls in a 8 hour shift.
Pros
good pay
Cons
8 hour shift feels like 12
Official response from UnitedHealth Group
December 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I encourage you to share any concerns with HR Direct. You can reach them by calling 1-800-561-0861.
Sincerely,
Kristina Kelly - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Compassionate
Specialized Autism Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2017
I felt cared about by all of my supervisors/managers. They really took an interest in how I was doing on a weekly basis and when we learned that our jobs were going away, they actively helped us in finding new positions.
Official response from UnitedHealth Group
December 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear you received some great coaching from your managers. I also find that to be a great strength among my managers. It creates an excellent environment to develop your career.
Sincerely,
Kristina Kelly - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.