UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 13,073 reviews matching the search See all 14,342 reviews
Featured review
UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
Excellent company
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dexter, NMAugust 21, 2018
Strong team oriented, strong values, strong mission statement and is very dedicated to the communities that we serve. Company is environmentally friendly, focused on improving out communities.
Okay
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 19, 2019
There wasn't very much work-life balance - huge caseloads and unreasonable expectations to complete visits. Colleagues were stressed and cynical, and this led to a poor work environment
It was a a good job to work at home but no flexibility to work at home
Call Center and Inbound Sales Calls (Former Employee) –  Hatboro, PAJanuary 19, 2019
Constant sitting, and monitoring of your call hours, extra hours were all for open enrollment time period.... it was a good job to start out but again always on the phone taking calls.
Great clinical experience with large patient load
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2019
I learned a lot clinically and had interactions with many departments within the facilities. A lot of training is provided by the company. I was consistently given 65+ patients to care for.
Na
Healthcare Economics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 19, 2019
friendly and supportive coworkers
lack of trainings
long working hours
remote work
challenging work with tight deadlines

it's not that bad of place to work for.
Great company
Health and Social Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2019
I enjoyed working for UHC. I relocated to another state however, and the assistance to transfer to another position that I qualified for was minimal to none. The benefits are decent, which include Bravos, which are points to obtain gift cards or purchase items from their internal store. There is not a work and balance life as your having to work overtime or on your time to meet deadlines and your review is dependent on you meeting those deadlines. The great thing about working at UHC was that I worked remotely and could work at any hour of the day. My manager and team were great, very helpful and knowledgeable in the LTC Medicaid program.
Pros
Bravos, great team environment
Cons
Fair benefits, work long hours, transfer to another position is hard
Political environment
SME (Subject Matter Expert) Vision Claims (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I was amazed to see others feel like me. I was passed up for a promotion by someone under me because he brown nosed. I don't have time,I work too hard. This is all so unfair.On the plus side I love my job as a claims subject matter expert. Raises are called Merit increases but actually just a cost of living increase.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
If you don't show boat, forget the promotion .
Hard to get in but great place to work once you get your foot in the door
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2019
Great company. great benifits . Room for growth ..I liked working for United health Care do to flexibility and growth. Was able to work in different specialities as a medical assistant.
January 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experiences! There are a lot of growth opportunities and we do recognize it is hard to get your foot in the door sometimes. I can't stress enough on the importance of reading the tips and information on our careers website -- sometimes the smallest detail (like having a peer review your resume) can make a HUGE impact!

Annie W., Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Good
EXPEDITED APPEALS COORDINATOR AND M&R CTM (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 17, 2019
Best place to work lots of advancement challenging at times . Been here 3yrs and have been able to improve my life greatly. Lot to learn . Work at home opportunities.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Challenging
January 18, 2019

Thank you very much for sharing! There's definitely a lot to learn at UnitedHealth Group and we're serious about training our employees for success. It's a great way to develop -- if not further -- your skills and passion.

temp only no benefits
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 17, 2019
temp position - did not meet anyone other than trainer and immediate supervisor so hard to comment about the company.

temp position only
so have no comments sorry
See previous review
Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNJanuary 17, 2019
I submitted a review of the company prior.

This review is as a contractor to the company; the company will bring in selected consulting firms only and may hire from these ranks as needed.
Pros
Contractor pay was fine
Uhg
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2019
I enjoyed my time at UHG. It was one of the places where I could come to work, do my job and go home without any drama. My supervisor was very flexible and easy-going. I would probably still be working there had I not got engaged and relocated to Southern California. The only thing that I didn't like was the mandatory overtime that made it quite difficult for me as a single mother at the time. I was working sometimes 50 and up to 70 hours or more a week. The money was okay but it was exhausting and I never got to enjoy the money that I made.
Pros
Cool supervisor, easy work environment
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Competitive and fun place to work
Provider Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 17, 2019
this is a fun family oriented company to work for management could be better but overall a great place to work. There are alot of opportunities to progress in the workplace.
January 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing! I agree that there are opportunities to progress...and quite frankly, these kinds of opportunities are a great way to take the lead and elevate your career development.

Annie W., Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Great employer with great benefits
Medical Editor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJanuary 17, 2019
My experience working for United Health Group for more than 10 years was great. They promoted me in a timely fashion and rewarded me for above-average turnaround times and production.
Pros
Great benefits, great team feeling with my department.
Cons
My department was eventually eliminated.
January 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry that your position was eliminated but I highly encourage you to stay connected with your colleagues for new opportunities.

na
Prior Authorization Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2019
never worked for company that says you have to have PTO hours to take time off or ask for an hour off on a weekend for kids sports game and was told would be working phones and faxes but mostly phone and when asked why no faxes was told this is a "Call Center" which was not on application & had to average 10 calls per hour which means you had to type fast but also was no asked on application or during the interview
Great Company
Sr. RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 17, 2019
United Healthcare has many opportunities for growth. Telecommuting is a huge plus. The company really cares about the employees. Also opportunities for bonuses and raises annually.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Need to have good management skills or case load can become overwhelming
January 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing. Every manager and team operates different. We always encourage managers to continuously develop their carer and skills as well as their direct reports. I challenge you to have a sit-down conversation with your manager, to openly discuss what does and doesn't work for you when it comes to case load.

Annie W., Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

The hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 17, 2019
The hardest part of the job is claims. Training is very long. A typical day at work is answering inbound calls from medical office professionals verifying insurance, & explaining claim denial reasons.
fun and friendly enviroment
Business Systems Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2019
willing to work with your needs. offers advancements. holds training classes to assist with meeting expectations. offers mentors for new highers. has good benefits.
January 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Annie W., Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Work from home, which is relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2019
Answering incoming calls from providers & members in reference to behavioral health benefits and or claims. Working from home is convenient when the weather is bad
Pros
Work from hom
Cons
Late shift
January 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing! I definitely agree that telecommuting can have huge perks!

Annie W., Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

very direct but fun place to work
Senior Recovery/Resolution Representative (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 16, 2019
on a normal day, I would come into work add start up my system. check emails and respond, prepare for morning meeting and target goals. I've learned how to asset government guidelines and apply them to my work file for customers and providers. I enjoy the staff that I work with, they make u feel like your a family verse just co-workers. The hardest part about my job is dealing with states that don't want provide you correct information on members.
Pros
helpful staff, understand leads
Cons
certain departments micro mange you
Production based company
Clinical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2019
At UHC the company focuses more on production rather than quality. I am a person who is passionate about the members that I speak to and it is hard for me to treat them just as a number. I love working from home but there is a tremendous amount of pressure to meet a certain production. I dont get off until 6pm each day and that is hard for me as a mother and wife whos family is very busy.
Cons
hours, pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss