UnitedHealth Group logo

United States14,673 reviews

Found 14,673 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,390 reviews

Great company

Featured review

UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed working for UHC. I relocated to another state however, and the assistance to transfer to another position that I qualified for was minimal to none. The benefits are decent, which include Bravos, which are points to obtain gift cards or purchase items from their internal store. There is not a work and balance life as your having to work overtime or on your time to meet deadlines and your review is dependent on you meeting those deadlines. The great thing about working at UHC was that I worked remotely and could work at any hour of the day. My manager and team were great, very helpful and knowledgeable in the LTC Medicaid program.

Pros

Bravos, great team environment

Cons

Fair benefits, work long hours, transfer to another position is hard

February 11, 2019
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! Sincerely, Amber H. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

July 2, 2019
We appreciate your feedback!Good to hear you enjoyed the flexibility you got from telecommuting. Sounds like you were part of a great team and had an awesome manager. We wish you all the best!Thank you.Sudeshna S., Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group.

Good work life balance

It’s nice to work from home. I love my team and my manager. I do think it’s hard to advance in certain sectors and that includes mine. Talent acquisition won’t even talk to internal candidates if they don’t meet every single criteria. Benefit package is not great.

Pros

Good management, great pay

Cons

Hard to advance

Good work life balance

I’m able to work from home and make my own schedule which is a tremendous help as a mom of two young kids. The benefits aren’t the best and the pay seems low compared to other companies. Salary raises are usually pretty low as well.

Pros

Work from home and flexible schedule

Cons

Pay isn’t competitive and it can be hard to promote

Cool stepping stone job

The job was decent. Fair pay. But ultimately you are treated like a number. Upper management can be shady and they have their favorites. It’s a great place to start but advancement is almost non existent.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Horrible benefits

Claims customer service

The management played favorite and act like they could not make decisions because it was over their head but coming to follow out the management was the one to make the choices.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Management and promotions

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Okay

It’s nice working remote…but everyone is in constant fear of being laid off. If you are a high performer, you are rewarded with more work. The compensation is lacking.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Fear of being laid off, pay

Love

Great company to work for would recommend to anyone who is looking for flexibility & longevity . Amazing benefits & great coworkers . It’s not just. A job it’s a career

Worst Call Center I worked at Poor Management and Poor Training!!!

This place is a revolving door, training is very poor 3 weeks of training and they expect employees to be experts, on call floor. If you ask questions, your told to figure it out yourself. Asking for help from other coworkers is frowned upon, as if you committed a crime. There is no shadow listening so you can learn from other workers, before you get to real live calls. Management looks down on people, as if your back in the first grade. They have a click of favorites, and only the favorites move up. I enjoyed speaking to the customers, that was the only good thing about the job. It felt good to help senior people and they were always appreciative of everything we did for them. Management will yell at employees in front of other employees, without regard for small errors. No one stays very long only the favorites. I saw about 12 people quite or let go, before I was let go for no reason. Once they hire new people, that means the people that are not in the favorites category are going to be gone. They clean house often, without regard for anyone other than the favorites.

Pros

Schedules are good 8 to 5pm with a little OT until 6:30 at the latest.

Cons

If you need to use restroom you need to be quick, or get slapped around

Great company to work for overall.

Work from home equals great flexibility for work / life events. Pay is average. UHG does care about it's employees and there is a lot of teamwork in the environment even though I work from home.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Average pay

Managers only at UHG No real leaders! Not anymore : (

But just as the previous messages, they WILL MICRO Manage, no support, sink or swim! You are talked down to. Treat you like a child, my manager uses statements, "you just sat on it!". The training is very minimal and their so called SOPs are outdated yet management expects you to use those same SOPs to do your job.You are not allowed to ask your coworkers for they too have timeliness to meet, so they really don't have time to walk you through anything. Again training is horrible.

Pros

Comfort of home

Cons

No breaks have to eat at desk just to meet deadlines

Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

See more jobs

Micromanaging, overabundance of unnecessary emails,

This position required one full day per week to maintain PARTTIME status. You were expected to keep up with weekly team meetings, multiple emails each week, COVID survey each work day (penalized if you forgot), constant nagging about scheduling yourself at least 6 weeks in advance with full time position elsewhere as well, constant change in work flow, constant EMR updates, micromanaging via email and text weekly.

Pros

working independently

Cons

Micromanaging, full time expectation for part time workers, no true PRN status

Open opportunities

The ability to climb up in the company if you know the right people and have credentials to exceed. Managing can be very uptight when it comes to the way they view other prospects in your position.

They treat their employees horrible

A typical day of work involves answering phones at 8am and solving any problems or answering questions that a member has. You are to ask permission to use the restroom and cannot take more than a few minutes otherwise the system will notify them at the 5 minute mark. This will mean you are out of compliance. You will also be given very little training in how to handle different questions and solve various problems that arise. The workplace culture is all about numbers and making sure you dont mess up a call which is practically impossible considering any one small error or word said can be determined to be a failed call. Supervisors will micromanage you as if you are in elementary school. Worse than any other call center out there. The supervisors will also have different expectations and as such your job becomes confusing. Supervisors will also call you out in the microsoft company chat in front of other coworkers when you make an error. Very unprofessional. The company only cares about your metrics and documentation. They dont care about your work life balance and even told us straight up that we can be easily replaced. Half of our new hire class quit and I just quit as well.

Pros

Work from home on a rotation basis

Cons

have to lug all your equipment between office and home, horrible training, no respect, tell you to assume positive intent when being talked down upon

Don't apply

Get out while you can. They don't train you enough, they move you to whatever line of business needs you, management doesn't care about you- you are just a seat filler to them, you can't develop, no opportunities for promotions, metrics are impossible to meet, incredibly understaffed and overtime is required almost every day of the week. If you're in, get out while you can. If you're thinking about applying- don't.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Good company to work for. But terrible management and supervisors, only certain individuals get promoted

Made my life stressful, to many metrics to meet, you lose out on bonus if you don't meet your metrics and it counts against you, which when its time for your yearly review, your raise will be cents. Not worth working for a company who makes their employees jobs so difficult. Dreaded walking in the building when it was my shift.. shift schedule is horrible.

Pros

Pay was good.

Cons

Short breaks, terrible health benefits

Another call center

It gets old after a while. However, You meet some great people along the way. Wasn't terrible, but wasn't great. Great opportunity to learn about insurance.

July 23, 2021
We are sorry to hear this wasn't the right fit. We wish you the best in any future career opportunities. -Toni

Team leader was ok too and the team was wonderful to work with. The good thing was that the salary and the benefits was great . My manager was a a good leader. Though workers are micromanaged .

Good pay

It was decent pay for clinicians and i enjoyed being able to work from home. It was just difficult to be on the phone all day; as soon as you hang up, another call come through.

July 23, 2021
Thank you for sharing and our fast-paced environment is not for everyone. We wish you the best any any future career opportunities. -Toni

Horrible Management

Always Pushed to the limit, underappreciated, quantity over quality. Inconsistency, scrutiny, unfair treatment. One of the most unprofessional places I have ever experienced.

Pros

Bravo points

Cons

Employee reviews are not taking into consideration, directors cover for managers. Employee concerns are not addressed

July 23, 2021
I'm sorry to hear this was your experience. Overall I've had a great experience in growing my career at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! -Toni

ICA program isn’t for you.

Signed on with the ICA program, did not have a good time. They will make a lot of promises, particularly in regards to the support they’ll offer. They will also make the promise of all the leads they will provide to you due to an over abundance of leads. You will also hear about longest and most unprecedented lead drought in ICA history that’s currently taking place. They need to invest time and resources in helping their agents actually succeed.

Pros

Schedule is good.

Cons

You will probably starve if you just rely on their help.

July 23, 2021
I recommend having an open discussion with your manager on what is and isn't working in any career. There are also employee resources internally that are available to you online and over the phone that I also recommend that you take advantage of. -Toni

very demanding. insufficient training

This was the worst place I have worked throughout my 21 years of being a Physician Assistant. The amount of work was not realistic with very little support from management and supervising physicians.

July 23, 2021
Hello, we are sorry to hear of this poor experience. We recommend having an open discussion with your manager on what is and isn't working. There are also employee resources internally that are available to you online and over the phone that I also recommend that you take advantage of. -Toni

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UnitedHealth Group.
Powered byComparably

Compare UnitedHealth Group with

• UnitedHealth Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?