UnitedHealth Group
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Call Center Representative121 reviews

Found 121 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,217 reviews

Good company to work for

Good company, easy onboarding, good location. Co-workers were awesome. Training was sketchy, but in all, the job was easy to do. If I didn't exhaust my FMLA, I'd still be there

Pros

Work from home, company events, pay, benefits

Cons

None really

Excellent company to work for!

I feel blessed to work for United Health Group. I get to work with great individuals as a team, reaching our weekly and monthly goals. Helping members with health challenges is one that I have always cherished, and we get to teach individuals how to utilized the resources of their health plan in a way that's beneficial to them.

UnitedHealth Group insights

Based on 5,152 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Not a friendly place

Working for this company you will not feel welcome at all. Employees are considered disposable and treated as such. Most of my coworker’s were very nice and I enjoyed working with them. But management and corporate act as is you are beneath them and don’t deserve respect.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Management that is constantly changing, treated like property

No transparency and no support

You train for one job in the beginning and then are constantly moved into different departments. If you aren’t happy in that department, management doesn’t care because you were moved “for the company’s needs.” You are just another body on the phone taking calls; because it’s such a large company and it’s remote, no one sees or knows you personally and it shows. Toxic positivity is constantly displayed as a fix for being unhappy because management will do nothing to actually support you.

Pros

The pay, benefits, & incentives are nice but not enough to make me stay

Cons

Everything else

Entry level

It is a great entry level call center. The training was a bit tough but it really helps when you get on the floor. At my interview I was told it would be it would be a remote position but on my first day that turned out to be a "privilege" to work from home. The job is really easy to the point where it gets so boring and your shift feels like it goes by so slow. They expect so much for a low wage. They need to be more organized and stop being so strict for the low wage they offer. They want you to do a background and drug test. Also if they can't find a previous employer they expect you to show proof with a pay check or IRS, which is ridiculous because they act like it's such a privilege to work there. If you stay for 90 days they offer advancements, but during that time they will try to find something to fire you for. They have a high turn over rate of employees, which they even seem to acknowledge, but wont change what they are doing.

Pros

Schedule, easy, good training

Cons

Short breaks, 90 day period, policies, management

Don’t go there

Very cruel cruel culture, incompetent management, all political, focused on power grabbing, don’t care about the member, just want to increase revenue. Try not to pay your claims.

Pros

Cons

Too many cons to list

August 11, 2021
I'm sorry to hear this was your experience. Overall I've had a great experience in growing my career at UnitedHealth Group. It can be difficult when there are transitions with the organization, but I've found it helpful to grow a network of people to surround myself with. We wish you the best! -Maria

Good company but getting time off sucks

Love working from home especially in New York State with those horrible snowy days. Pay is ok no complaints compared to the current nursing market it’s fair

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Insurance benefits not good. Not flexibility for time off. Have to schedule a month in advance

Balance work existenceStabilityRoom for advancementManagement offers open door informationThey were protective during cov19 allowing people to work from home

Pros

Flexibility pay, benefits, coworkers, management

Toxic work environment

I worked for this so called company for almost two years. One of their core values is compassion but the supervisors don't have a compassionate bone in their body. They let me go because of medical issues.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Over worked, understaffed, no compassion for employees with medical or mental illnesses

Great management, great pay

Management was great in the department I worked in. The pay was very good. I felt like I was able to help the members when they called in. There were a lot of resources available to assist with daily tasks. Overall job assignment was easy and goals/metrics were easy to achieve. The only complaint was that we were often randomly given other tasks to do that were stressful and put us behind with our metrics.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good management

Cons

Random assignments to other departments, turnover

Good pay and bonuses but very busy call center

Great pay and bonuses but the call center were extremely busy and stressful. The company provided meals treats during holidays. Also, gifts are sometimes given out with the company logo.

Pros

Good hourly pay and bonuses

Cons

Stressful call load.

It was cool. Pay was good

They started making changes without alerting the advocates. Started to micromanage really bad. My supervisor was very helpful in giving constructive feedback and tips on how to be a better customer service provider.

Advancement

There's a lot of room for growth. My higher ups (Supervisors) have always been helpful and understanding. I would recommend this company, benefits are well, pay is fair.

Not a long term career path

I worked as a call center rep & the amount of work you have to do is RIDICULOUS! You are basically a community worker, call center rep, and assistant all in 1. For example. If a member is calling only for BENEFITS, you are to quote them their benefits, then expected to help look for a doctor, set up an appointment, AND transportation. Not to mention, there are so many different systems you have to utilize. Their employee metrics for bonuses are extremely high & unrealistic. I don’t recommend being a call center rep with this company.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short breaks, unprofessional management

February 15, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. I encourage you to share this feedback with your manager to work towards a solution that provides you with the training you feel you need to be successful in your new role. -Kara

Ok place to work

UHC is on ok place to work. Compensation needs to be updated, do not feel we are compensated for the amount of work that we do currently. Management is nice and try their best to be inclusive.

Pros

na

Cons

no work life balance, barely any time off

Good compensation & Benefits

Worked as a benefit advocate (call center rep) for the Medicare segment. Job was decent, but it is a call center job so it was draining on my anxiety and depression. If you don't have a history of mental illness this job may not be bad for you, but otherwise it can be taxing. Managers were alright (not too bad, not too great). I believe they pay a fair wage and provide good benefits. Unfortunately, I found it hard to move up and when I tried applying to multiple different positions I was always rejected. They do match donations you make to approved charities, but I wish they would have given us company time to go out as teams to serve our community (which would also have helped us bond since it's hard to socialize with co-workers when you're stuck on the phones all day). That being said I believe UHG does a lot for our communities and is a decent place to work at.

Pros

Good pay + benefits + give back to community

Cons

Call center job (taxing on mental health)

It’s a great company to work for and are always there to support your success.

I really do love working for UnitedHealth Group. The management and leadership are always finding ways to make processes that are needed more streamlined.

Pros

Great benefits plans to choose from

June 3, 2021
Thanks for your review and for your continued contributions to the success of the team.

very professional

People and management i worked with were wonderful training was thorough and was just a great company. Only reason i left was family emergency. But i would definitely go back

June 5, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career. -Heather

Culture needed

Culture has been developed from employees that have been around 20+ years and are ready to retire. Good place for security with an ok salary and benefits.

May 30, 2020
I'm sorry to hear this was your experience. Overall I've had a great experience in growing my career at UnitedHealth Group. It can be difficult when there are transitions with the organization, but I've found it helpful to grow a network of people to surround myself with. We wish you the best! - Tori

It pays the bills

You answer incoming calls from insured people and agents all day. I learned a lot about health insurance and supplemental insurance while working here. Most of the time the calls are back to back, but it makes the time pass by faster which I don't mind. I think the audit process is the hardest. You have a great deal of info to remember, and they will take away points for everything you can imagine. You also have an average call handling time which is too short to handle everything especially with such a slow system, and problems with forms. You do get a bonus if you meet all the criteria. However, they are always looking for reasons to doc you to where you won't make the bonus. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers.

May 9, 2020
I recommend having an open discussion with your manager on what is and isn't working. There are also employee resources internally that are available to you online and over the phone that I also recommend that you take advantage of. - Tori

Theyre Okay

If you dont have a dream or want to shoot for your own personal goals then UHC is the right company for you. They have a Work At Home position. The pay was definitely good. No room for advancement. They say one thing and something totally different happens. You can get up to Senior Call Center Agent and that's it. I went to their extended classes and they had me doing other projects in a short period of time. However as far as promoting from within, no they dont do that at all.

March 26, 2020
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We encourage our employees to reach out to the vast network of employees within UnitedHealth Group to find ways to learn about other parts of the business and find a mentor that works for them. There are also internal resources on career growth and development. We're sorry to hear that was your experience and wish you the best on your continued career. -PaKou

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

63%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare UnitedHealth Group with

Career recommendations for Call Center Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Call Center Representative in US