UnitedHealth Group
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 14,477 reviews matching the search
Featured review
UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed working for UHC. I relocated to another state however, and the assistance to transfer to another position that I qualified for was minimal to none. The benefits are decent, which include Bravos, which are points to obtain gift cards or purchase items from their internal store. There is not a work and balance life as your having to work overtime or on your time to meet deadlines and your review is dependent on you meeting those deadlines. The great thing about working at UHC was that I worked remotely and could work at any hour of the day. My manager and team were great, very helpful and knowledgeable in the LTC Medicaid program.
Pros
Bravos, great team environment
Cons
Fair benefits, work long hours, transfer to another position is hard
Official response from UnitedHealth Group
February 11, 2019
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! Sincerely, Amber H. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group
Official response from UnitedHealth Group
July 2, 2019
We appreciate your feedback!Good to hear you enjoyed the flexibility you got from telecommuting. Sounds like you were part of a great team and had an awesome manager. We wish you all the best!Thank you.Sudeshna S., Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group.
The job is good if you're in a good department. Flexible schedule for the department im in which works great with life. However, the compensation is not adequate for the amount of work and high goals we are expected to meet. They do not do cost of living adjustments, or minimum wage increase adjustments. The reviews and potential raises are only once per year so if you don't meet their nearly impossible goals and don't get a raise, You have to wait a whole year to potentially get the next one. Advancement is hard, It's easy to get into an entry level position and move up slightly but to get to anything higher is nearly impossible. They will require that you have prior leadership experience in order to get into any kind of management role, but if it's an entry level job and it's somebody's first job, How are you going to have that year of leadership experience?
Pros
Flexible schedule, weekends off (unless overtime required)
Cons
Low pay, raises hard to come by, impossible goals to meet, we dont get christmas eve off.
the area i work in has a great work/life balance for the most part. I am able to take time when I need to and make it up at a later time -- like when the kids are sleeping.
A lot of work and things are always changing. Management are known to micromanage and benefits suck.. pay is ok. I have been here for 4 years and I'm looking elsewhere
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Benefits, supervisors, pay could be better
I liked the job because I was paid to help people, which is something I love to do anyway. It was interesting and the insurance is top shelf compared to other insurance companies.
Pros
Pto, flex work, Disability friendly
Cons
Tied to a phone
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I have worked in numerous positions with this company. All have had similar, unpleasant issues. There is little room for advancement. The company seems to prefer hiring outside of the company than recruit within. Your manager can make or break you. For the most part my managers have been ok but don’t expect upper management to be supportive if you have an issue with your manager. The company touts work/life balance. This is a joke and a delusion they would like to convince you of. There is frequent mandatory OT. They are resistant to accommodate schedule change requests unless it benefits business. If you have a medical reason for a schedule adjustment you must go through HR direct to get any results.The pay is great. The benefits are ok. I have gone years without a raise. The call metrics are nearly impossible to meet and I’m sure that is the goal, considering your raise is often based on call metrics. They would like to convince the members that they care about their health. They only care how members health will decrease the profit margin. If you have a condition that doesn’t cost much to manage you are invisible. This job has been a constant moral and ethical struggle for me. I became a nurse because I care about people. It is hard to be more focused on the financial aspect of patient care. UHG is a business and their goal is to make money and make money they do. I feel the entry level employees are treated and paid very poorly. When I was hired I was told by my preceptor I needed to train my bladder to coordinate with my break times. TRUE STORY. My best - more...
Pros
Pay, Generous PTO
Cons
Impossible Metrics, Promotion within difficult
I worked here for a couple years and I had UO and down rxpierencies. The culture is great, everyone around you is nice and there to help one another. The supervisors are also understanding. The only sucky thing was attendance/sick days. You get 0 sick days and they are very strict on attendance, which is understandable. But family emergencies and health always come first, and they always preach that. Yet you’re penalized for taking care of your personal health and family health as well u less you go through their medical case department to cover yourself for your absences , but that area and process alone can make a person ever more stressed out!! Overall, good pay and good benefits. And a lot of opportunities.
Pay is fair. Benefits are only ok for benefits company. Work life balance is good. Management depends on where you work. Internal hiring process seems impossible.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Advancement
I was very focused at work and always aimed to go the extra mile. That extra mile does not really go too far if you inconvenience the company in any way. For example, you can come into work every day for a year straight, and one day you get sick... well if you don’t have sick time, then they’ll try to screw you in any way possible. Not a great company; however, is very reputable and thus you can gain a lot of experience. You can tell supervisors always try to kiss butt of their superiors which is comical to watch sometimes.
Pros
Free coffee once per year
Cons
Toxic environment
Average workplace. management can be stagnant and stuck in their ways. Opportunities are available for those that play the political game and have friends in high places.
Cons
poor compensation
Great company to work for. Excellent manager and team members. Work culture is great. Managers care for you, work life balance is great. You are really making a difference to your customers.
They pay here isn’t too bad but you are treated as a number and thing change all the time. If you like having 3 managers in a year then this place is for you. Always changing directions and priorities.
Pros
Money
Cons
Job security, changes constantly, no training.
Stressful job. Helping people learn how to make their healthcare more affordable is the best part of my job. This company has some of the same faults of many large companies, lack of diversity in management. You won't get ahead by talent, hard work and you especially will not be rewarded for fighting for your members. This is a "who you know" environment. Friends help friends get ahead, and those friends tend to look alike.
Pros
Work from home, secure job, fair pay, stock program
Cons
Stats get skewed to help some, hurt others. Rules applied arbitrarily
A very nice place to work . Standard benefits , insurance options . Good Pto benefits . Company has a lot of rooms to grow . But compensation is not that good .
Management good, pay great, and not so flexible with schedule if you have small children. After 6 years, I realized for this company I enjoyed being in office opposed to working remotely.
Management is horrible and doesn’t care about employees new systems are put in place that don’t work and they don’t provide good service to customers
Management, not unlike other employers, is heavy with katty, immature individuals who will use you against others in similar positions, to gain "loyalty." CYA is the mantra!Micro management is the corporate model.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
High cost health insurance, micro management
Stressful sometimes but tbe coworkers were nice, would love to come back l I ked helping members making appts, answering their questions, doing ooutbound calls
Flexibility was diminished overtime restricting flex time which was one of the perks. Though it is stated that quality is valued over quantity the culture was not reflective of that. Penalized for arriving tardy for unseen circumstances. Being micromanaged by mangers that did not do the job they were in charge of was a very difficult atmosphere to work under.
Pros
working from home
Cons
medical insurance, employee support
Worked there for multiple years before covid. They train you well and make sure you are aware of advancement opportunities early. As long as you met your metrics there were bonuses and projects offered often to you if you expressed interest. Leadership often seemed to not know what was going on and that led to stressful situations, but if you go into a job here with low expectations it’s a fine placeholder job
Pros
Purchase time off, good benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Burn out job
If you want to advance in your career this is the place to be. I truly felt while I was there that I determined how far I went and what I could achieved.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
It can be very stressful
  1. Employee Reviews