UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews for Data Entry Clerk

Found 111 reviews matching the search See all 15,461 reviews
Featured review
UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
Great company
Health and Social Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2019
I enjoyed working for UHC. I relocated to another state however, and the assistance to transfer to another position that I qualified for was minimal to none. The benefits are decent, which include Bravos, which are points to obtain gift cards or purchase items from their internal store. There is not a work and balance life as your having to work overtime or on your time to meet deadlines and your review is dependent on you meeting those deadlines. The great thing about working at UHC was that I worked remotely and could work at any hour of the day. My manager and team were great, very helpful and knowledgeable in the LTC Medicaid program.
Pros
Bravos, great team environment
Cons
Fair benefits, work long hours, transfer to another position is hard
Good at first, downhill from there...
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLMarch 20, 2019
I was ecstatic to have a full time job that offered benefits and was well above minimum wage. I was finally able to be financially independent. The job was steady work I did learn a lot about the health industry, high production based department, metrics do mean everything it was at times a demanding job. I was in that honeymoon phase, so I put in 110%. However, after about a year that happy feeling began to fade. I soon felt trapped, unappreciated and like I had no future there.

BONUSES - They do offer bonuses, but they are not monthly and they always seemed out of reach because upper management would raise the goal (the issue was brought up several times to no avail).

RAISES - very low, a gumball cost more.

WAGE - In comparison to other companies with similar job titles, they will pay less. The only decent salary you will have is when you get initially hired.

ADVANCEMENT - rare, there are frequent transfer "freezes" sometimes with no notice to employees

SICK - doctors notes DO NOT MATTER, you are granted a limited amount of PTO, if you go over you get an occurrence (better be pretty healthy) unless you qualify for FMLA (1 year employment required)

MANAGEMENT - unaware of in depth department procedures, would note concerns but rarely take corrective action, only cared if the reports looked good

CAFE - was decent, overpriced though

MORAL - slow decline, hasn't hit rock bottom yet, most I left behind are hoping for an early retirement or hitting the jackpot

I really enjoyed my job at the beginning. I intended on retiring with the company, but being
  more... blocked from moving up, constantly feeling like your department is a social pariah and incessant nitpicking took its toll. The "black hole" I quit after 3 years, and would not go back.  less
Pros
benefits, above min wage, learned about the health industry, full time
Cons
hard to advance, minimal raise/wage, overly micromanaged, inadequate software
Terrible place to work
Data Entry/Appeals Representative (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYMarch 16, 2019
Terrible place to work, would never tell anyone to work there, I only liked 2 managers, one left & the other one was bullied & made her cry, they did the same to me
Overall Good
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 20, 2019
My actual work was pretty boring and mindless. So much so that I was able to watch Netflix as I worked and still be one of the most effective and efficient workers on the team. This also was influenced that I just sat down and did my work without taking many breaks since I did not bond with the other employees. The first summer I worked there, there was another employee my age and that was fun because we became friends. The following summer, there was a significant age gap between me and most of the other employees and no one really attempted to get to know me. The work can be kind of isolating. Relationships are formed at breaks. That being said, that was what I wanted at the time and it allowed me to just go home and the end of the day without any baggage or thoughts about work -- meaning I had a decent work-life balance.
great company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 10, 2019
worked as temp but the pay as a temp was great and if I could have gotten on perm the pay was awesome. My manager was the best as long as you came to work and done your job he didn't bother you. The staff was fun and full of life definitely a company with my approval
Pros
early shifts and ot if desired
Cons
parking is not covered exposed to open sun
January 11, 2019

Thank you for your review of our organization. We wish you the best! Sincerely, Amber H. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Enjoyable Place to work
Date Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 30, 2018
Great place to work with decent pay! The people are friendly and very helpful. Training provided is detailed and informative. Lots of room to expand knowledge or move positions. The work can be a little repetitive but many projects can arise at times to provide a bit of variety.
Job security is a factor
Sr. Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 18, 2018
Besides the pay and benefits, job security was my only gripe. Unfortunately UHG have little respect for one's tenure or skillset. It seems to be all about saving and making profit (at the expense of its own employees.).
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Job security
December 19, 2018

We appreciate your honest feedback. To address your concerns regarding job security, feel free to reach out to HR Direct at 1-800-561-0861 Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM CT. Sincerely, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Great Company
Sr Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2018
Good company to work for. Competitive pay, great benefits, easy to work with management. Enjoy the company in a whole. Some positions your ablebto work from home so that a good benefit.
Productive and fun place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 1, 2018
Productive and enjoyable workplace, all the people there were great.
Fast Paced, great breakrooms, lunchroom, fitness center, covered parking, just all around good place to work.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAOctober 17, 2018
Entering information on patient, such as insurance name, identification, patient's dob, ss# address if applicable. Also entered ICD 10 Codes and ICD 9 codes if showing. I learned what identification numbers look like for different insurance companies. Management was okay.Workplace was always changing. The hardest part of the job was having to keep up with production. The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Healthcare
It was an okay place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 13, 2018
No raises, management sucked. it was a lot working for Wipro. They had bed bugs and still expected workers to come in. Just a disgrace. The people that I met while working there made the job worth it though.
Productive and meet a lot of great people
Operation Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 20, 2018
I liked the culture and friendliness of the people that worked there, however, they did not give contract to hire as an option and temps were underpaid
Pros
Great people to work with, overtime available
Cons
not contract to hire
Billing Specialist
Billing Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2018
The following job is working in a fast production environment. I billed medical insurances and patient demographics in the medical system SAP software.
A lot of what I experienced was a long time ago and i know that the people i dealt with are not the company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016August 7, 2018
Working there was fun because i got meet new people and learn new skills. Having questions about the work forecast or the expectations is normal, but not having an answer was the worse part of the ordeal.
Great work environment. Very conducive for productivity.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 7, 2018
Great work environment. Very conducive for productivity. The supervisors were wonderful and manged well. Appreciated working for this company and the location.
Multiple personality company
Sr. Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAAugust 1, 2018
I think they try to do a good job for their clients, but are too diversified to pull it together.

If you're in an established part of the company, everything should be fine. But if you're in a new division, the chances of that division completely failing is great.
August 2, 2018

Thank you so much for being candid. I would encourage you to contact HR Direct and give them the feedback on your concerns. Their number is 1-800-561-0861, open Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM CT. Best, Meredith F. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Strong and Competitive Workplace
DATA ENTRY CLERK / INDEXER (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 29, 2018
The company is very competitive and drives very high standards for the employees. You have to meet the expected quality/quantity for production work monthly. It is stressful in that many people in my type of work here have been let go, fired or they left voluntarily on their own. Much stress thoroughout the corporate office. Working at home was not an opportunity given for my job.
Pros
Excellent Benefits Package
Cons
Hourly Salary lower than in the area
Nothing good to say
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2018
Moral is low. Management is unpleasant; only worried about their job security. No opportunity for growth. Management has poor communication. Worked almost everyday and did not accumulate at least one week of vacation. Terrible experience.
temp job
Data Entry(Billing Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2018
Temp job ended before end date without notification lack of communication with the managers, the training was long and painful for only to receive 5 calls a week.
Very stressful and alot of gossip
Provider Support data entry (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 19, 2018
UHC is not the good environment. If you just want a job yes, but if you are looking for a career they have nothing to offer.

It was one of the most stressful jobs that I have work in along time and the pay was not enough to support me without a part time job.
Pros
off on weekends
Disputable
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 26, 2018
Though i think UHG-Optum is a great company to work for and would jump at the chance to work again.
i believe that when MSLA onboarded with UHG it showed MSLA how
a corporation handles huge government contracts.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not many i can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UnitedHealth Group.

Powered by Comparably