UnitedHealth Group

Found 4,642 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,218 reviews
uhgunitedunitedhealthoptumhealthclaimhealthcaremetric

Great company

Featured review

UnitedHealth Group selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed working for UHC. I relocated to another state however, and the assistance to transfer to another position that I qualified for was minimal to none. The benefits are decent, which include Bravos, which are points to obtain gift cards or purchase items from their internal store. There is not a work and balance life as your having to work overtime or on your time to meet deadlines and your review is dependent on you meeting those deadlines. The great thing about working at UHC was that I worked remotely and could work at any hour of the day. My manager and team were great, very helpful and knowledgeable in the LTC Medicaid program.

Pros

Bravos, great team environment

Cons

Fair benefits, work long hours, transfer to another position is hard

Official response from UnitedHealth Group

July 2, 2019
We appreciate your feedback!Good to hear you enjoyed the flexibility you got from telecommuting. Sounds like you were part of a great team and had an awesome manager. We wish you all the best!Thank you.Sudeshna S., Sr. Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group.

Encourages burnout

There was usually plenty of work to do, but it took a miracle to be able to create a new position for the department. Layoffs/reorg are not unusual even with record profits. High proportion of “managers” to workers, raises/bonuses low compared to profits. Awesome if mgr likes you, not so much if not.

Pros

Good tech, decent culture that encourages burnout

Cons

Encourages burnout

UnitedHealth Group insights

Based on 5,167 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work. Work, home, and balance. Excellent benefits and pay. Room for growth. The only con is that is productivity based and your work will be audited.

Pros

Family oriented. Pays well

Cons

Productivity based

M&R (Medicare and Retirement) Department going down hill

M&R is so bad! I was a appeals coordinator and worked case setup too. Management has favoritism, HR will listen to you but will side with management ultimately. Retaliation and termination and layoffs are often happening in this department. Watch out all the jobs are going to IRELAND OFFICE. This management team is from Ireland so every employee in the U.S feels under valued and overlooked for every advancement opportunity. Benefits are not that great and supervisors do not know the work the employees do on a daily basis to give feedback correctly, This department is a no! stay AWAY

Stable company to work for

I love working for the company, I am a telecommuter and I am able to work from the comfort of my home. The company offer great benefits as well as pay. The company invites employees feedback to help improve the company if any changes are needed.

Good job

Good job. Nice location and good health incentives. Very strict adherence. Required overtime during peak season. Overall a decent place to work if you can’t stick with it.

Great supportive place to work

Good company to work for. Thorough training, awesome benefits, supportive management and great coworkers. Lots of opportunities for advancement and even different positions within the company. Performance raises which I liked.

Pay is not comparable to work load

Grossly underpaid. The work load is too big for the pay. Managers are supportive however they are also over worked. Company does not care about their employees as they make it seem they do

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay

Great benefits & colleagues, little room for growth

There are a fantastic array of benefits offered to employees along with working with the majority of colleagues who are agile, compassionate and willing to go the extra mile to provide support to one another. The QSD / HPM team was a great team to be apart of but over time has lost its compass to support such a hardworking and dedicated group of magnificent individuals. Unfortunately, varying degrees of toxic elements are persistent amongst the dept, with problematic colleagues that get away with creating workplace hostility to poor, cowardly leadership who sweeps it under the rug. There are evolving unrealistic expectations with work hours, not an ideal work life balance, not much advance notice when having to sacrifice weekends to work, poor strategic planning and support from upper management with lack of calibration. Each team also is not on the same page with directives, working in silos tends to continue to produce more harm. The “open door” policy when colleagues offer thoughtful transparency to address viable improvements within the team tends to become a highly abrasive and confrontational conversation, which is why many choose to remain silent without voicing valuable insights. There is not enough recognition for those who step up and take on heavy workloads to support the team. Too many issues and entitlement with superiority management complex. In the end, there’s not been room for growth - that simply translates to an insurmountable workload but not actually being granted opportunity for expansion which is why the turnover rate is higher than ever. It’s unfortunate -

Great Place to Start Your Career

I worked for UHG for 3 years - 2 years at Optum and 1 year at UHC. I loved working both roles where I learned a lot and contributed to a lot of projects. Their pay is average though but still decent. The health insurance is below average and that surprised me considering it's a health insurance company. Overall, chill and stable place to work.

Best Career Ever

This company has been nothing but the best, they treat and pay your fairly! You can earn raises every year and bonuses quarterly as long as you work hard and keep stats up. Everyone is friendly and helpful, they are huge on family. I would recommend this job to anyone thats looking for a long term career!

Great employer

Enjoyed my time here but found better opportunity elsewhere. Good benefits, some room for advancement. Very repetitive call center type job. Some of my friends still work here.

Great place to start for the experience! CAPS kills Morale!!!

This is great place if you’re in the right department with supportive management! The best way to navigate this company is to get in get the experience and education needed to move around the company. If you’re in a position where you’re considered the “help”, take the training courses, take initiative, and avoid CAPS( corrective action plan) although this may be difficult (metrics are unreachable) just push for 12 months and begin to navigate into different positions.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Controlled bathroom breaks, raises, micro management, metric driven company

Great Company!

Enjoyed UHG and the work we delivered for our customers. People were great to work with and manager was very supportive. The company offers good benefits.

Pros

People Work Benefits

Great training, pay and management. Been ther 7 years have premoted twice. Love working remotely. Great hours weekends off. Training was very good. Great company.

Pros

Working remotely

Cons

Short breaks

Work from home

Customer can be very rude & impatient but pay was worth it benefits love them . Schedule very flexible. It’s a good company. I will love to work again for them.

N/a

The company is very large and functions in that manner. If your work is primarily autonomous and field based,(i.e. making solo home visits ) it becomes isolating. Overall a good company if you don't prefer consistent meaningful interactions with your colleagues and prefer to work alone.(with patients only).

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

As mentioned above

DSNP Navigator

Interview process and recruitment phases were very long with absolutely no communication with anyone on the job offer until you get the call to start training. Training was decent but once you go live you pretty much do a lot of things that weren’t even covered in training so learning on the spot is a must. Pay was not as great as the job post says and benefits were mediocre for such a strong company. Not sure if I would recommend the work life balance and remote work was decent and that is about it.

They could careless about their staff

Management only cares about making themselves look good in the eyes of the state and their supervisors to advance their careers. Health benefits are costly and most of your claims will be denied either way! The culture is like a toxic relationship.....

Pros

Pto

Cons

Management/culture/pay/health benefits

Sr Clinical Administrative Coordinator

If you are looking for a job you can stay at FOREVER then this is IT! Great equipment setup - they invest alot of money, (sign on bonuses) new computers, headsets and time. Good benefits. Traditional job, MON-FRI , no weekends. 6am -6pm. BORING - EXTREMELY REPETITIVE work on the phones all day. EASY METRICS FOR BONUSES. Must work in your position for a YEAR before you can move to a different position.I think it is a promising company. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO MOVE UP BE READY TO HURRY UP AND WAIT!

Still Loving It

I’ve held various positions in the company over the last 8 years, always moving up and gaining new experience. I feel so grateful to have had the amazing career journey I’ve had working here so far where hard work is truly rewarded. I have no plans of ever needing to brand out beyond this company as I continue to grow. The opportunities to move within are endless. Highly highly recommend.

Pros

Company culture, fair compensation, employee appreciation

Cons

Challenging work, face paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight