UnitedHealth Group Employee Review

View all UnitedHealth Group reviews

Great for in office advancement
Community and State Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2014
If your looking for quick advancement United Healthcare is the place. Working in claims processing can be tedious and boring so advancement in the department is popular. Although there are many advantages of Uited Healthcare they pride themselves on work life balance. And in my opinion it is not true. At one point for about 10 weeks there was a required 12 hours of required over time. Since I have been employed there I have been required to work no less than 8 mandatory hours of overtime a week.
Pros
onsite clinic, advancement, comfortable workplace
Cons
no work life balance

Other UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Run
Rotational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 18, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company's sub sites like Optum they are very sketchy and high turn over rates. Managers don't know what they are doing and they are disgusting.
Great place to work, especially in I.T. The prestige and career security is unmatched.
Information Security Analyst & IAM SSO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 17, 2018
UHG (Optum for I.T.) is a Fortune 10 and although they're an elite healthcare company, they're health insurance is quite lacking. I do regret leaving though.
Pros
Prestigious, supports diversity, telecommuting
Cons
Management changes frequently and if not, you can be shuffled around frequently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K
43.5K
32.8K
21K
11K

Diversity score

72out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UnitedHealth Group.

Powered by Comparably