UnitedLex
Here to help
Coronavirus update

UnitedLex Employee Reviews

United States84 reviews
I highly recommend the reviewUnited Lex, the pay is better than other centers; and, the projects are always challenging and interesting.
It's a very good job; and, it is run in a professional and collegial environment. There are at times some unpleasant individuals with poor communication and intepersonal skills that run the office. Nevertheless, they do their best to include all, and promote diversity. In addition, the quality and quantity of one's work is of great importance as to who gets selected for privilege review teams and other positions.
Being a part of a growing company offers opportunity.
Flexible hours and solid management make this a great place to go everyday. The pay is not commensurate with anyone's experience or abilities, but the other metrics make that okay.
Congenial, productive work environment
A great transitional place to work. At the time I was in the midst of a career change. The hours were flexible, and learning the position was not difficult. There are many opportunities for advancement.
Overall good company
Good company, nice office surroundings, management is responsive. The work culture is positive and general accommodations are reflective of a company which is concerned about employee comfort.
Growing company, good people
It's an aggressively growing company with all the potential benefits and pitfalls included. The people are great and work hard. Sometimes there are too many cooks in the kitchen and long term that leads to the pitfalls where lay-offs can happen because decisions are being made based on finances and cost.
Pros
good people
Cons
overworked management
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Place was awful
Cube farm. Pay was really low. Contract document review, but they kept your working. It gold old pretty quickly. I hope I'm never in a position where I have to work there again.
Productive environment
Flexible hours are great and the location is close with very good support staff. Also the managers are outstanding with exceptional on campus food facilities!
Lack of compensation
The work that is put into the job is not valued or compensated. There’s no trickle down there’s only compensation derived at a high level. No clear advancement paths they prefer to keep employees stagnant,
Regular, steady work with nice people.
UnitedLex provides attorneys of all types and experiences an opportunity to work in a friendly, low-key work environment. They teach you everything you need to know about the software.
Where drive goes to die...
This job is perfect if you need flexibility and a pay check. There is great job security, because they pay nothing and are desperate to maintain workers. There is no recognition, or pay increases for being good at your job. You will not be fired for being bad at your job. The harder you work, the more work you will have to do. Being promoted to Quality Control Team, leads only to $1.00 an hour raise, while doing 5 people's jobs. New people are grossly incompetent, don't care about the job, which leads most reviewers to stop caring. Grievances towards employees who cause a hostile work environment are greatly ignored. Hard workers move on with their career, and leave.

There is no over-time pay. Company exempts employees as practicing law, and pays straight pay. Employees working for company for 5+ years still only make $23-$24 an hour, and carry the companies work load.

There are NO reviews for contractors. Contractors have no standards of care for work. Poor reviewers are retained. Good reviewers loose their drive and passion, and move on or give-up.

Staff position is a joke. The salary wage is lower than you will make as a contractor, and there are no benefits.

Promotion to management. There is extensive opportunities to move-up with the company, but the pay is below market-rate. The required hours and workload leads to burn-out. There is a lack of support for new managers which leads to employees taking the position for the title to move on to better companies and firms.
Challenging environment at the vanguard of legal 2.0
Good culture, but challenged with entering new markets with non traditional skill sets. That being said, taking the traditional legal model and moving it into a more modern and progressive format is certainly the future and United Lex is ahead of the curve vs its competitors.
Beggars Can’t be Choosers!
Prob a great toe on the door for new law-school grads. Not s place you’ll make a career, but it’ll do for now. Just suck it up, and stay strong. Look for your permanent job at night.
Flexible hours, free coffee, good people
I enjoyed working at UnitedLex for the flexible hours, free coffee/hot cocoa/tea, and the events/community treats planned by the management/front desk.

I will say that it's not "attorney work" like most people think of when they go to law school. There's no trials, trial prep, talking to clients, etc. It's document review.
Very fun place to work at.
I enjoyed my days at Unitedlex. They were filled with busy days of interacting with many types of people. I enjoyed making them happy as I performed my day to day duties.
Relaxed, few benefits
Relaxed atmosphere, very flexible, no paid vacation, PTO is difficult to accumulate, no contribution for dependents' healthcare. If IT savvy, may promote quickly. Not many company perks. Pay is low for attorneys.
Confusing Work
Very difficult to know what is needed to be completed at any given time. You often have to upload documents to multiple databases without proper direction.
Think twice about working in finance
The pay was great but they worked you to death in finance. Turnover is the worst I have ever seen at a company. This included people quitting and getting fired—don’t get to know your neighbor in the next cube because they will be gone in a few days. There is unlimited vacation and sick time but then they put a freeze on it and it was frowned upon to actually take it.
Benefits
Best Agency for Doc Review in NYC
I worked on a few doc review projects at the midtown and downtown UnitedLex offices. At first the manager was a ball buster but later mellowed, I enjoyed the more human treatment. The focus is on the client so contract workers were not the focus. That being said, there was an effort to consider our interests. They provided breakfast once a week, the minimum hours per week required were less than 40, office hours were broad, we had internet at our computers, the manager was not breathing down our backs and was transparent about project duration. It was my favorite agency to work for but unfortunately they didn't have much foreign language work. The pay was average, not competitive.
Pros
downtown location, clean airy work space, internet at terminal
Cons
average pay, no remote work, temporary work
Pretty decent place to work
Unitedlex is a good place to work. I’ve been there for almost a year. They do whatever they can to work with you in terms of flexibility, which is huge for me because I perm reside three hours away. As far as potential for advancement, yes, there are opportunities, but if you want to actually practice law, this sort of job is not the type you want to make a career out of. Pay could be a few $ more.
Not bad for temporary employment. I worked for a couple of months in a short project. Afterwards they have called me for other two. Good place to work and flexible schedule.
Great job for new and experienced attorneys
Great job for entry level and experienced attorneys. I only wish some project training were more hands on. Projects vary so you never get bored. They seem to really appreciate their document review attorneys.