UniTek Global Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Loved the people I worked with
Assistant Warehouse Manager; FTS USA (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNApril 5, 2018
Started there as call center. Cable techs called to install systems and get system levels measured by computer connections.
Would take customer call to set up appointments or report problems. Would dispatch techs to repair or make a new appointments.,

Accepted job promotion with this company to work in the warehouse where we issued equipment to techs and kept track of inventory for Comcast.

This company closed its tech division and the CEO partnered with ITG to form another cable company and offered me the Warehouse Position.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Work place had no windows
Fast paced work environment.
Cable Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2018
UNITEK Global is a fast paced work environment , but not so much that you can get lost in the shuffle. If you ever get hit with an issue that you don't understand, you can get in touch with your coworkers for some guidance.
Pros
Gas is paid for
Cons
Management and dispatchers show favoritism towards friends.
Good role for entry level IT specialists
IT Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day includes collaboration with partner lines, updating inventory database platforms,, exposure to and use of web design applications .
Pros
Blue Bell location
na
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 9, 2016
I do not want to discuss any details pertaining to my position at Unitek - you can view my ratings should you want an opportunity to work there. Best of luck.
fun
werehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 25, 2015
Working was like any other warehouse job. Regular and normal job skills, maintain duties and responsibility. Great working environment, great coworkers, and efficient management. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a lot of people but everything gets smooth after you do it a couple of times.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good work environment
Internal Audit Staff (contract) (Former Employee) –  Blue bell paMay 27, 2015
Enjoyed my contract at Unitek. The work environment was very healthy and learnt a lot about the different facets of the business.
A very fast-paced environment where everyone worked as a team and truly appreciated each other's contribution & support of one another.
Contract Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 11, 2015
UniTek Global Services was located in Blue Bell, PA. Even though I worked at Pinnacle Wireless Services, a newly acquired division of UniTek, I never felt that I was on my own. I met with my team & senior management in person, twice a month & participated in weekly meetings via teleconferences.
As part of a team of recruiters, we would share candidates, ideas and resources with one another in order to attract candidates quickly, in order to meet our team's goals. I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with both in Recruiting, as well as those business units that we supported.

My manager was awesome. He was very supportive by giving us the tools we needed and was always quick to praise and encourage each of us, which brought out the best qualities in all of us.
Pros
Travel, work from home during bad weather, Management's support & support from senior executive management too.
Cons
Cannot think of any Cons since I was not there long enough.
N/a
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 24, 2014
Opportunity was short lived but it was a great overall experience.
Appreciation
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2014
Approx. 7am-6pm

I learned all aspects of residential cable internet, tv, & voice over IP CDV installation.

I had a great relationship with management and co-workers as well.

The hardest part of the job was that this was a piece rate job. You never know what you're going to run into on a job until you get there, and I felt like the billing codes were not fair the majority of the time considering how time consuming for certain aspects of the job.

The most enjoyable parts of the job were the technical aspects and the freedom/autonomy.
Nth level of Office Space
IT (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 21, 2014
Unfortunately, what began as an average or OK place to work has turned into a soulless corporate environment where the ambitious or hard working are slowly withered away in time spent wasted at a company that manages to continue operating in spite of their ineptitude.

Prepare to cater to the whim of Senior Management with their fickleness and poor project management thus guaranteeing that all current and future endeavors are met with either failure or at best, poor results.

In addition, do not expect any loyalty as employees that are willing to grow within the company are either ignored or pushed aside for overpriced contractors or consultants. As one would expect, morale within the company is extremely low. It is not uncommon to see an employee to suddenly quit in the midst of a workday without notice.

In good conscience, I cannot recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, poor management, no career advancement, low morale, no employee loyalty.
Lots of exciting responsibility, and great traveling
Cellphone Tower Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2012
Every day there's something new, and challenging . I've learned lots about upgrading CDMA to LTE, and also testing fiber opitic cable and weather proofing. The haedest part of this job was the heights that consist of 250 to 400 feet in the air for hours at a time. The most enjoyable thing was the road trips and of course the MONEY!