Unitex Employee Reviews

Would not recommend at all
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 8, 2018
I worked for Unitex for almost a month and learned very quickly that Management lacks in communication. Moral is at its extreme low, most co-workers will give you reasons why they hate their jobs than like it. There was no real way to measure performance. Extremely disorganized, the most you will find organized are their machines. Training is terrible, you will find yourself working on your own through your training process (without knowing anything) because they are always short staffed. You are forced to work weekends while other managers and supervisors have their schedules adjusted so they all have a weekend day off except yourself. They are not open to your ideas of improvement, they will tell you (its in the works) which most likely is not true. Overall do not recommend, but if you need a place to grow, this is the place, because they have no one else.
Pros
People were nice.
Cons
Disorganized, disgruntled employees everywhere, needs a lot of improvement, unfair
Excellent Company!
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJOctober 25, 2018
The Owner's and Higher Ups are all great people My General Manager in Linden was excellent! Unfortunately some of the other supervisors and managers seemed to like all of the drama. The only negative i have to say is for managerial positions there is no overtime compensation for employees working 70 hours per week.
They are nice people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 12, 2018
I loved these people. I had to move away. After a year they just called me asking if I would like to come back. This is actually a great place in New Brunswick, NJ.
Pros
local nice people weekly pay benefits
Cons
short breaks
Not a workplace worth working for
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 11, 2018
By far the worse company I have ever worked for from the amount of hours and the treatment and micro managing from the GM and his foot soldiers. Unprofessional very biased no room for improvement they pin employees with competition with no sort of incentives. The breaks are ridiculous as I was a supervisor. You can’t breathe without asking for permission. I’m starting to think it’s a cult in there because I’ve never in my years seen anything like this before. There plant manager is a joke and his assistant manager is a joke as well. I learned nothing by working there only over working myself being stressed out daily with the expectations they have set for this place. I’d run far away place looks great but it is a trap
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, petty, micro managing JOKE!!
Good if you dont have experience or dont want a life
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 6, 2018
Its a cut throat type of working environment..You pick up dirty bed sheets, towels ect...from hospitals , senior centers, & rehabs. Its all stuffed into big bins with wheels that weigh 400lbs or more and all the LINEN you pick up smells like the patient urinated on themselves because these patients have accidents..its a revolving door. They either fire or people usually quit cause they cant deal with it. The sign for Hiring is always up for the last 8 yrs
Pros
Good place if you have no cdl experience
Cons
Horrible pay, horrible managers, horrible work environment
Too Early start time
Non CDL Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 15, 2018
Working hours are from 4am or 5am depending on your route until you are done.
You have to Load your truck, unload when you are back and preload for the next day.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 19, 2018
It was a good place to work at however the pay was low and the supervisor talked down to employees. The employees got along. The work was not difficult.
if you need the expierience its ok
driver/pimp (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 25, 2018
You go in early morning load your truck from orders that are thrown in huge bins with all the inventory all over the place.its up to you to organize the mess which is both frustrating and time consuming.If You Fall behind good luck.Then you Drive the truck all day ..load the truck with clean soil and pick up the dirty soil at the medical centers then When you think the Day is done You have to go back to the Plant and they want you to pre-load the truck for the next day.For the work that is done the minimum should be 20$ and hour 18$ minimum.. Very Very High Turnover rate and they pay 16$ an hour oh yeah they are union But its a Joke..and in the contract no raise for the next 5 years ....how are you expected to keep up every year with the cost of living which is 3% a year at best .. Good luck if you are at Unitex.
Pros
4 day work week ..weekends off
Cons
Not worth it for the money especially driving a truck all day and loading and unloading

Comment – July 29, 2018

Ask Yourself Why? is this Company Always Hiring ... 4am start Time That means Your Up 3am to get to work .. Why Unitex Why? You Deliver to Medical Facilities That Stay Open Late .

Pleasant co-workers, great benefits, vacation time
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 15, 2018
Great company to work for. Fast-paced job, which makes the day go by quickly. Accommodating to family obligations and great people to work with. Affordable heath insurance and management that is fair and easy to talk to.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, 401K, Vacation, Pto, Sick pay
a very good mobile job always one the move with different position to fill
Porter (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 8, 2018
Well my work day would start at around 6:30 am where I would prep myself for the day that meant covering and garbage containers with bag liner picking up soaked rags left from the night before. from there I would just walk around the facility from 7:00 to 3:00 picking up trash off the floor and keeping the place clean with breaks in between. I learned the value of team work how to adapt to on the job situation and how to better get in to a good routine schedule as far as keeping everything clean throughout the day. The only that can be hard is the hard to deal with is the heat cuz the temperature is amped in the summer time. Finally the best part of the job are the people the co workers as well as supervisors are all genially cool to work with once u get to know them.
Pros
Work wasnt too stressful n co wokers were great to work with.
Cons
During the summer the temprature would sky rockets
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 1, 2018
As a working mother, it's sometimes difficult to find an employer that is willing to work your child care needs and issues that may arise. For many years, Unitex has been very flexible with my family obligations. They are accommodating if I have last minute requests for time off or if I have to leave early. Juggling personal responsibilities and work can be tricky, but Unitex makes these times less stressful for me.
Pros
flexible, good working environment, friendly & happy coworkers
Great Company to Grow
Production Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 22, 2018
Great place to work many opportunities available to those that are willing to show they have what it takes. Upper management has been great with me very supportive and understanding of inside and outside work related issues. I am currently going for 10 months with the company and I look foward to future opportunities that may arrive.

Great place to grow and work
Route Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 27, 2018
Lots of opportunity to grow with in the service department. Started as a hourly driver and have promoted to route supervisor. Great support network and training. Management treats everyone with respect.
Pros
Growth, stable company, on road
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 27, 2018
Past faced, productivity requirements, but lots of training and support from management. Treated well and with respect. Union benefits, which include medical and dental at no cost.
Pros
Environment, management, benefits
Cons
Standing all day - work on your feet
this place sucks
Staff (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMarch 24, 2018
poor management the office staff its the worst , they don't have no respect for no one there and the managers like to flirt and disrespect staff they sleep around with each other its disgusting there
Cons
Although fast paced environment, management makes necessary adjustments to meet needs of workers.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMarch 19, 2018
Job is fast paced, long days but they compensate that by having you work four days instead of five. Overtime is available and your hard work is complimented by luncheons and giveaways for production.
Pros
-Working four days a week allowing more time for personal life and family.
Cons
Long days. Work most holidays ( but get payed time and 1/2)
Wonderful Place to work
Design Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2018
Working with another country on a day to day basis really helped me grow in my work and personal life. I fully enjoyed traveling to Asia four to five times per year.
fast pace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 24, 2018
room to advance if you are hard worker, management is fair, days are long but only four day work week
three breaks per day
training provided for all positions
Good place to learn Mechanics skills
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJFebruary 23, 2018
I was hired right out of technical school as a mechanic. It a union job. My manager has been here a long time an shows me everything i need to know. I work 4 days - Saturda - Tuesday and off rest of week. Pay is good for not having much experience.
Pros
training
Cons
weekend work but get 3 days off
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJFebruary 21, 2018
I have been working as a production employee at Unitex in Linden for 2 years now and so far my experience has not been bad at all. I have a great schedule working 4 days a week; which gives me 3 days off to spend with my family. The work is not hard at all, I really enjoy working here and I hope I continue to do so for a long time.
Pros
great work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unitex. Our community is ready to answer.