Unity Care Group Employee Reviews

Terrible come any
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 1, 2017
The worst place work. They have good benefits and pay but if you really want to help troubled youth this is not the place. They have a good mission but they ignore it. As long as you bill you’ll have job. All they care about is making money. Unity Care does not have any programs for these kids and they can sit at home all day and do nothing, they only offer a roof over the youths heads. Unity Care needs real therapeutic programs.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management vision, program
unprofessional
Residential (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 25, 2017
Very unorganized, overloaded with work due to high turnover, and the company tries to overwork people to save a dollar rather than hire the right people. Unity Care's administrative offices are run by rumors and decisions are made by upper leadership based on favoritism or who is friends with the CEO that impact peoples careers. If someone doesn't like you, you wont get what you need for your youth. People are put into positions due to who they know or exited because of who they upset.
Pros
room to advance due to high turnover
Cons
overworked, enivroment of gossip
Incompetent
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2017
The compny has great potential however upper management is extremely incompetent. There is lack of training, structure and support along with blatant favoritism.
Pros
Youth outreach
Cons
Management, training & structure.
Productive and fun place to work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 29, 2016
I truly enjoy working there and helping to influences young teens with dealing with issues.That they may have are dealing with at that time.
Pros
Get to go to free sporting events
Cons
not a very highly paying job
Not a very good place to work at or live
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 8, 2016
This is by far the worst job I've ever had. My manager was never there and I rarely learned anything. Majority of my first months, I was alone and had to learn the job and responsibilities by trial and errors. Half of my coworkers did minimal to no work.
Pros
Cons
No training, little pay, no benefits, bad environment
N/a
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 16, 2015
It is a great experience working with youth and trying to help them to a better future and unity care gives me the tools to do that.
Good place to work and learn
Assessment Clinicina (Current Employee) –  San Jose CAJuly 1, 2015
This job is exiting and puts you on the front lines as a therapist. You get to work with people who are in need of your services and learn how to work within the system that clients can belong to.
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 13, 2015
Lack of skills and communication. The methods put in place do not work and everyone is reactive as opposed to proactive.
Pros
Great Clinicians
Rewarding,busy place to work
CHILD CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Salinas CAFebruary 13, 2015
Cared for youth who had been removed from their current living situations because it was considered unsafe by Social Services. During their 23-hour stay at the Center, an attempt was made to meet all physical and emotional needs of these youth. I fed them, arranged for both physical and mental health assessment on-site, bathed them, de-liced them. I listened when they wanted to talk and generally tried to make them as comfortable as possible under the circumstances. At times I had to try to feed newborns that had no idea how to nurse from a bottle. I electronically filed incident and other pertinent reports to Child Protective Services. I left this position to accept a permanent full-time position.
Pros
Knew that the children in my care were protected and out of harm's way
Cons
only part time, needed full time employment
volunteer work as a receptionist during teenage years
development, aimed to enrich the lives of those (Former Employee) –  California, CAAugust 17, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of transmitting calls meant for the headquarters of the Unity Care enterprise. I learned how to work for the first time. Management was great in that they were actually heart felt about their jobs at Unity Care, given that it's philosophy is geared toward helping students or adolescents of all backgrounds and races. I had virtually no co-workers, since all other workers were essentially management. The hardest part of the job consisted of learning how to deal with multiple incoming calls while keeping both management and callers satisfied. I enjoyed learning the process immensely because I had worked on a skill (being a receptionist) and had successfully learned it well.
Pros
Friendly staff, interesting environment, great cause
Cons
no pay (volunteering)
I enjoy working with the youth because it is rewarding
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaJanuary 19, 2014
I enjoy working with Unity Care Group because I know I am making a huge impact on the youth and people around me. My coworkers are amazing and helpful. The thing I enjoy the most about my job is being with the youth and talking with them on a regular basis.
Pros
Being there for the youth and talking with them to help them problem solve.
Cons
Having to have the cops come out when an incident occurs.
great organization
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2013
I spend most of my day in the Field. I am in the office 25% of the time. I prefer doing internet search and progress notes in my home instead of in the office.
i love it
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 21, 2012
ineed is great with helping finding jobs.i love the people there were great to work with
youth coulselor ll
Youth Counselor ll (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 13, 2012
level 14 group home,working with severly behvier issues on a daily basis
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Unity Care Group Reviews by Location