Unity Health Care Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 13, 2019
Management sucks....you are thrown to the wolf’s to fend for yourself with little or no training! This is a great place to work if you wanna grown in healthcare, but nothing discussed with management is confidential everybody knows your business about why you off and whatever you discuss with you manager! HR is even worst because they are all friends outside of work and you won’t win going to higher rank because of there close relationship! It’s like high school at East of the River!
Pros
Nice people to work with and meet
Cons
Management sucks
Fast Pace and very exciting
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 3, 2019
Working in the ER was pretty exciting. Some days did drag and the pace of the job can change in an instant but no two days were the same. I really enjoyed the staff, and it gave me a huge appreciation to the efforts that the doctors, nurses and other staff made. I learned that attitude was incredibly important as you are dealing with patients that are in pain or uncomfortable.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Long days
Great for new hires, but you won’t stay.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 3, 2019
Unity health puts little emphasis on the importance of nurses that have worked long term for their hospital. They often promote from the outside and just recently cut weekend option pay for nurses already working while offering new hires a $15,000 sign on bonus. Their emphasis is on getting and not keeping employees, which is why turnaround is astronomical.
Excellent learning expierence
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2019
Unity has lots of growth potential actually worling there will make you want to continue on with your education in the medical feild as a medical assistant, dental assistant and maybe even a doctor
Pros
The ability to be a floater gave you the chance to see how every clinic differed
Cons
Really no cons for me.
Unity Health is a Great place to work
Community Health Worker / Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2019
Unity Care Coordinator is an awesome job, and a fulfilling job means trust, decision-making power, and empowerment. Being able to make decisions without having to go through six levels of approvals – even if it’s just part of the time – has a major impact on employee engagement. I really love working and learning from other the things that I may not know.
The best help patients
WIC Nutritiontec (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 5, 2019
I’m so happy helping and enjoyed what I am doing at work specialty it’s close to where I live.
My super boss is help fully.

I am the person to willing to help and learn.
Pros
Family gathering
Cons
Life Insurance
Great environment
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 1, 2019
have a great group of people I work with, still have a few issues but what office doesn't. We manage to cover each other when short staffed. new Management tends to care
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not enough help for 2nd shift or weekends
My supervisor made it worth my stay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 16, 2018
My supervisor is the only reason stayed. I left because I was offered more money. Most of these doctors are lazy and entitled. The patients are even worse
very enjoyable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARDecember 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Unity health. I wasn't ready to leave but could no longer work weekends. My boss was awesome and I loved the people I worked with
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
weekends
productive fun work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2018
fun loving environment very diverse chance for advancement very family orentant i loved working here but personal issues interfered i definaitly approve
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2018
I loved working at Unity. I learned a lot starting here. It can be a bit outrageous at times but you will learn a lot at Unity. I miss working there!!
Pros
Great learning experience!
Cons
Neighborhoods
Good and challenging !
Jr. SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2018
steady in career growth. Working for this company has helped develop my professional and personal life. Office politics are challenging for open minded people.
Always good to work there.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2018
A typical day at unity was great getting alone was outstanding we learned how to care for the needy, management was good it was a very good place to work their was no hard part to the job the most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
needed more time with patients.
great work place
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 5, 2018
rewarding to work in under deserved population and providing quality health care to those in need. working with great staff. a systems hat promotes continuity of care.
Medical Assisting
Prenatal Care Associate/Medial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2018
Have to know how to multi-task, will work with multiple different types of specialties, good benefits but low pay. Predominately female employees and African American at most centers. Work will mainly homeless and low-income clientele. Relaxed atmosphere, weekends off, and all paid holidays off.
Pros
benefits packages
Cons
low pay
Community Health
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2018
What I enjoy most about working for Unity Health Care is helping the underserved population with health care. Unity Health Care has given me a platform in the community to advance the care of individuals regardless of their ability to pay.
Ok company
Vaccine Compliance Technician/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2018
Work for the company for over 10 years. This company like very other has it pros and cons. It is a good company to gain work experience. It takes a special person to be apart of Unity.
Pros
flexible
Cons
new opportunities
Improve Managment
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 23, 2018
Management is hindering the development of the company and employees. Lack of training for new hires hinders their success within the company. Little room for growth.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
Managment
Unity Healthcare
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 13, 2018
Unity Healthcare is a great place to work if you are looking to gain experience and network with healthcare providers. They have a very diverse work culture.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Leadership lacks structure
n/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 28, 2018
it not what you think poor mrg and staff everybody looking for a new job and not happy P.t don't respect staff also staff disrespect each other and mrg talk about staff