Unity Healthcare Employee Reviews

busy
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 22, 2018
There was always work that needed to be done which was nice to keep yourself busy. The pace was busy with varying amounts of patients and work load, but it was also relaxed at times.
Pros
freedom, able to stay busy
Cons
long hours, stressful
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 7, 2018
Great way to gain some experience in the healthcare field. I learned how to update patient records. I learned how to do data entry in patients medical records.
It's a job with very little to no growth.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2018
The pay at Unity was below pay scales. The working hours were from 8am -4:30pm. But when it all balls down to 37.5 hours at the end of the week. You only received 4 hours per pay period for vacation pay the same as sick. I don't think it's fair. When the companny have financial problems no raises, 401K's, No bonus, Not anything Christmas parties, No Thanksgiving turkeys.
Average Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 31, 2018
Work environment is average. Some management personnel needs more training and am not prepared for their position. Part time position and no benefits steered me to look for other employment.
Better pay than other places
Certified Medical Assistant & Charge Entry (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 18, 2018
Pays better than other local places, benefits are expensive but decent amount of PTO. Fast paced, management was fine, good patient care, opportunities to learn more than what taught at school
Wonderful Culture
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2018
Unity Health Care is a wonderful starting job. Also a good job for older people nearing retirement. I learned a lot . I met a lot of wonderful people. I worked with all types of people.
Poor rating
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJanuary 8, 2018
Unfortunately! The Management Team in place at Unity Health Care is horrible. I would suggest they hire a more knowledgeable and professional Management team and stop hiring friends and family members to run this company.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Horrible upper Management team
Stressful Place to work for
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2018
This is a stressful company to work for. Upper management was not the most professional people. Constant changes arose as we tried to rebuild the HR Department.
Job
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 13, 2017
It is a nice place to work, but management not always forth coming with information needed by employees. Great healthcare package and paid leave. Great people.
Pros
Paid leave
Cons
Management and organization
Unity Healthcare
MAII (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2017
To advance with this company its who you know, what click you belong to, regardless of recommendations from doctors you work for. A lot of call outs because of stress & management. Management has known to put hands on staff and nothing is done about, and if you make a compliant your job is threaten.
Unhealthy competition, unfair work conditions and stressful work environment
HIM/ Correspondence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2017
Unity Healthcare did not offer good training, management was very unprofessional and unfair, most of management would belittle the staff and there wasn't any unity amongst the staff due to lack of leadership.
Cons
It's a okay place to get experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 17, 2017
I think Management need to be more structure. I enjoyed working at this place but their is no room to grow within the company. A typical day at work is busy and fast paced. I have learned how to multi task in a fast pace are working people of all culture. The hardest part of the job is when you are ask to go beyond your job scope. The most enjoyable part is to interact with patient helping them.
start off
Medical Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2017
its a great job to gain experience in your field, but then move on. This is not the job where you stay to grow up the company ladder. its truly setup for after finishing school
Satisfactory.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2017
Very Conducive place to work.Enjoy working with people i work with.Like the continued education being offered yearly to staff in other to provide quality care to patients.
I love my job
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2017
My job is a busy fast paced learning environment, where I am able to teach patients and address some of their barriers to health care. We offer services for the underserved and it allows them the opportunity to receive quality health care.
Pros
Great location
Cons
I have no complaints
Profesional Work Environment
Patient Registration Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2017
Excellent working environment allowing room for personal and professional-growth. Excellent position for recent college graduates seeking experience in a medical/office atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits
productive heavy work load
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 16, 2017
i enjoyed working here starting off after what i thought was careless management change decided to leave. work and life balance was great as well as good pay
Pros
long breaks
Cons
worked along with large work loads
Enjoyable
Patient Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMay 4, 2017
A great place to work. Fully enjoyed it as my first step into the healthcare field. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place of employment.
Great benefits and employee oriented
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYMarch 7, 2017
Very good place to work, provides constant training for system changes and updates, great benefits and employee opportunities. Can learn a variety of skill sets if in the right job.
Pros
great pay, great benefits always learning new things
Cons
long hours and not much advancement.
productive and fun place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoy working here at unity , but im looking for somewhere else where they have more opportunity and where they pay more.