Unity House of Troy Employee Reviews

same as last review
Respite Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 21, 2018
same as last review, very political and bias, not for the people anymore, work culture stressful, management unprofessional and disrespectful. not happy
Pros
its a job
Cons
poor management
Great staff
UPK Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 8, 2018
As a former teacher, I love what i do however the TA'S given to you do not have experience in the classroom and do bot like what they do. Management in my center is not professional at all. There is a lack of knowing when to be a fried vs when to be a director at work. Other teachers in the center are good mentors to take advice from.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
Enjoyable workplace with mission oriented goals.
Housing Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYDecember 5, 2017
Caring, family oriented workplace with many professional staff members. Unity House is a mission oriented agency with specific goals of reaching those in poverty.
My time at Unity House has been enjoyable and rewarding.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 29, 2017
None each person has their own experiences at their own job. What I think is important is the client
The benefit they run 24/7 you can work any shift you want. Pay is fair.
productive and helpful environment
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 6, 2017
working with this company I have learned a lot about compassion and helping other people. Everyone was very helpful during my employment. I enjoyed working with staff and clients. I felt useful why helping people
This is a very tough job.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJune 28, 2016
Each day is different. Some days you come in to do your routine tasks but most days you begin the work day flying by the seat of your pants. You hit the ground running and do not stop until it is time to go home.

The hardest part of this job is knowing, learning and following company protocol. Since there are so many scenarios, you cannot possibly know all the protocols until after a situation has taken place.

My co-workers are wonderful to work with and are very good at their jobs.
Pros
Helping people in domestic violence situation to get out of those situations.
Cons
There is just too much protocol. Also, there is too much work to get done in a 40 hour work week.
Accounts Payable Bookeeper
Accounts Payable Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  troy, nyMarch 30, 2015
• Code vouchers and prepares related paperwork
• Reconcile general ledger expense accounts, rents and security deposits for client accounts
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
• Process check requests
• Audit and process credit card bills
• Check, verify, and enter journal vouchers, accounts payable vouchers into computer system
• Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
• 1099 maintenance
• Respond to all vendor inquiries
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Assist in month/ year end closing
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Assist with other projects as needed
A place that take diversity into consideration
Case Manager 3 (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 7, 2014
This is a place where the employees/management give it all to the consumers. They take their needs very seriously, the level of respect to each other is outstanding.
I learned that Mental illness exist and its very common, people should get more involved in their communities and government should give more assistance/incentive to those states or counties to provide assistance those in need of services and also to provide more housing to prevent homelessness.
Never a dull moment
Case Manager 1 (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 2, 2013
My usual day starts by being briefed by one of my many coworkers. We get along like a big family and even share personal relationships outside of work! I have learned to quickly deescalate bad situations and prevent crisis situations. I am alone at night and I run a tight ship! I am responsible for the well being of 8 MICA clients. It is not easy. I do have down time but the house is always busy in some way. I supervise medication and intervene when medication isnt taken. I am expected to report what goes on during my shift verbally and in a communication log. I do enjoy my job but there arent may advancement opportunties for me.
Pros
coworkers, scheduling
Cons
management, not enough advancement opportunites

Want to know more about Unity House of Troy?

Ask a question