Unity Technologies Employee Reviews

Sr. Business Analyst/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 22, 2018
Growing company that needs structure at the highest levels of management and administration. Response to employee related issues could use a more concerted effort to resolve.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Disorganization in management and administrative efforts
Evolving and maturing; beware of silos
Senior Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 11, 2018
Teams and groups seem to work very silo'd; partly due to many different office/studio locations. Because of this, if your role depends on multiple teams, it can be difficult to influence them. There doesn't seem to be top-down support encouraging/incentivizing cross-group collaboration.

I like to see goals and plans defined in advance, written down in a central location, tracked, and revisited regularly; and to be able to contribute to them. This didn't happen in my group. Management was mostly by Slack. :(
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
People management, management communication
Lead Technical Producer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 26, 2018
Great office, fantastic people, amazing software. Unity is a market leader, but does not forget where they came from. From top management down, there is a constant focus on making their products better, faster, and more efficient. Additionally, Unity is passionate about taking car of their employees, from benefits to work/life balance.
Enjoyable place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Cumberland, PAFebruary 11, 2018
Coworkers are very intelligent and easy to work with. There are many different types of projects that will keep you busy. The position is not a high stress position, but it can be rewarding.
Muy indefinido
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2016
Todabia no tengo la experiencia para desirles como es trabajar aqui
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
Si
Fun. Innovative
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 6, 2016
Great culture overall. Casual. Fun. Collaborative. Open communication. Intelligent. Forward Thinking. Innovative. Pushing the limits of engineering the in the the gaming space
Great environment with fantastic people. However budgets seem to change without much notice.
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2016
Great place to work, with fun and friendly people. I did notice that communication from the top down, as well as from team to team seems to get lost.
Opportunities, growth & learning something new every day!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 23, 2015
The last company I worked at had a very old school state of mind. Slacks, cubicles, closed door policy, no happy hour, zero team bonding, etc.

It is such a relief to be at Unity where I have the opportunities to grow, try new things and really expand my horizons.

I've been here for almost 3 months and the responsibilities I have been given are amazing. I'm learning things here I would have had to beg for the opportunity to try at my last job.

Excited to be apart of this journey and see where we as a company arrive!
Pros
Monthly happy hour, team bonding, daily catered lunch
Cons
If you don't know gaming, you may not know Unity.
poor management, removing all perks, going downhill.
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2014
This place is going downhill culture wise. There seem to be layoffs every 3 months, they are slowly removing all of the perks, and the culture is becoming more stringent and less fun. Overall a typical workday is not that stressful but the exciting innovating times seem to be a thing of the past.
Pros
free lunches, semi flexible schedule
Cons
fewer perks, upper management does not support employees