Unity Technologies Employee Review

View all Unity Technologies reviews

Opportunities, growth & learning something new every day!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 23, 2015
The last company I worked at had a very old school state of mind. Slacks, cubicles, closed door policy, no happy hour, zero team bonding, etc.

It is such a relief to be at Unity where I have the opportunities to grow, try new things and really expand my horizons.

I've been here for almost 3 months and the responsibilities I have been given are amazing. I'm learning things here I would have had to beg for the opportunity to try at my last job.

Excited to be apart of this journey and see where we as a company arrive!
Pros
Monthly happy hour, team bonding, daily catered lunch
Cons
If you don't know gaming, you may not know Unity.

Other Unity Technologies Employee Reviews

Another family owned small businesss\
Capture Manager (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 19, 2019
where nepostism is supreme, It's really about the family and not about employees, eat it up. Do not apply unless you are a friend of the family.
Just another small biz nightmare, Avoid is my response required.
Lip service to work life balance
Technical Role (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2018
Unity claims to support work life balance but they have a prehistoric attitude toward working from home, even though San Francisco has difficult commute days, things like unhealthy air from fires, BART shutdowns, horrible traffic jams, etc. It is not easy to live right by the office, and thus almost everyone is stuck with insanely time wasting polluting commutes in one way or another. Even people in San Francisco. BART does land right by the door, though, so I have to admit that if you take BART some of these thoughts don't apply. Things come up, and they get very "concerned" that you took time off to deal with them even if you can show proof that you worked through them and used your own home network and cell to work a long day. The culture is otherwise amazing, supportive, great coworkers, truly diverse (from age to gender to country of origin). But they won't budge on this and it is quite difficult for parents of young children, or anyone with a temporarily ill self or ill relative. Unity, it will NOT hurt your culture to allow working from home on a limited basis.
Pros
Great culture, extra holidays, 5 float days, 15 vacation days, great free lunch and snacks, old people, people of all shapes and sizes, no jerks
Cons
Rare remote work, long days, open offices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unity Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Unity Technologies.

Powered by Comparably