UnityPoint Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Patients made it fun
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 16, 2018
It was always a pleasure to come to work in a pediatric setting. If you love kids this is the place to work. Working with like minded individuals enjoying their jobs surrounded by kids makes the job enjoyable.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Parents
Hate
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 16, 2018
Not a good place to work, do not recommend it. They do nothing to help you, just nit pick everything you do. I left a good job to work for . them and regret it deeply
Pros
Cons
pay, high health insurance, management
an interesting work environment
LIS Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJuly 10, 2018
an interesting work environment in which an open floor plan was paramount which often made it difficult to conduct or participate in meetings, studies, troubleshooting or doing required system updates and maintance
Very Hectic Pace --- Not enough Staff
Charge Nurse on Evenings (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 10, 2018
As a charge nurse on evenings, we very rarely had a full staff plus often needed a 'sitter' for a patient--thus depleting the staff more. Each nurse would have 4-6 patients--often with an admission in the shift. The patients were confused frequently d/t head trauma. The secretary left mid-shift even though there were admissions etc. throughout the 24 hrs.

I learned that you can do almost anything if everyone works together--keeping the patient as the top priority, I enjoyed working on committees but was slightly disheartened when things were turned down.

Management was thankful for your efforts but at times seemed to look out for day shift only.

The hardest part of the job was giving excellent care to the patient with lack of staff. It was accomplished most of the time but did bring on 'burnout' quickly.

The most enjoyable part of the work was seeing a neuro-trauma patient come back to their selves--alert, able to care for self, oriented, This often took quite awhile but did happen.
`
Pros
each patient had a single room--allowing family to be there.
Cons
Lack of staff, arrangement of unit was not nurse friendly
we reallty care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 10, 2018
the people I worked alongside for almost 7 years were some of the most caring, educated, funny and reliable coworkers that I've ever had. Coming to work was fun, and the care we provide is top notch!!!
Pros
pay, benefits, Et, Ot, . Meriter is one of the highest, CNA paying, hospitals, and we still, have a, union that works!
Cons
remerging with UW hospital, our patient population has changed drastically.
Negative Experience
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 7, 2018
Leadership is out of touch, IT staff is very overworked, communication is not positive between teams, staff suggestions are not taken into account even if they are smart, efficient, and will improve the business. There is a lot of favoritism and poor treatment of those who are not favored.
Cons
no work flexibiity in particular departments regardless of HR policies.
Excellent place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  SystemJuly 3, 2018
Allows for growth potential and many learning experiences throughout your career. The diversity in employment options is vast and there are many regions to work if you are in need of relocation.
exemplary employment treatment
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 28, 2018
Would recommend to anyone as an incredible place of employment. The way the employees are not only treated but opinions listened to and considered for improvement made it a wonderful work experience.
good
Billinig Representative (Current Employee) –  Keokuk, IAJune 28, 2018
I do not feel comfortable in posting what my thoughts are on a company that I currently work for. I do not have anything thing bad to say, but I do have some confusion.
Very low staffed and no hours
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 28, 2018
A typical day was pulling heavy carts and dealing with lots of patients running around very busy hard to reach management when not at work. I learned alot about blood borne pathogens and safety ofpassing them around. I really enjoyed talking to my patients .
Pros
free lunches and getting to know awesome patients and working in the children's hospital
Cons
short breaks no hours hard to reach management pulling very heavy trays very long distance
Pleasant Place to Work
Surgical Instrument Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 27, 2018
Would like to travel and make more money than I am currently making. A typical day at work is very busy anywhere from 35 to 50 surgical cases. The culture is very diverse but it is a great place to work..
Mission-oriented culture; inspiring work. Great colleagues
SENIOR APPLICATION ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 27, 2018
Unity Point Health encourages all employees to participate in one unified goal of FOCUS.

F - Foster Unity

O - Own the Moment

C - Champion Excellence

U - Unity

S - Seize Opportunities

This culture allows for personal growth, achievement, recognition for hard work, the opportunity achieve opportunities you never thought were possible.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Poor management
Support Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJune 26, 2018
A lot of gossip
Very little training
Moved around a lot without knowing ahead of time
There was a lot of online training that was never put to use.

Good benefits
Nice working hours
Pros
Great co-workers, good working hours
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancement, too many hands in the pot
love working here
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJune 25, 2018
I liked working here because of the environment. 3rd shift cleaning crew were very helpful and enjoyable to work with. The managers were there when you needed them.
Pros
The people and job
Policy
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 22, 2018
Follows policies to the letter, great values. Provides education to help you grow in your job. If you desire to advance your education they work with you & encourage.
Pros
Cons
12 hour shifts
Inconsistent Values
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 20, 2018
Experiences with management were inconsistent throughout the company. Some management, especially higher within the organization, promoted values sponsored by the company and also ensured that employees were respected and cared for. Management responsible for day to day supervising often seemed overwhelmed, over-stressed, and that attitude was projected over staff giving the impression that they "didn't have time" or energy to "deal with problems" within the immediate environment.
Pros
Strong Corporate Structure
Cons
Inconsistency within Management
Productive and Fun Place to work
Inventory Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 12, 2018
I loved working in the SPD department. The people I worked with were lovely and made work fun. I was in charge of ordering products for the sterilizing department and the OR and I loved it.
the job
Unit Clerk / Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 8, 2018
I Have enjoyed work with all my co-workers Dr,and RNs. I feel like they are willing to work with all there employees. It is a nice place to work. Try to keep up to date with all the new equipment.
a great place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJune 8, 2018
This company has good benefit package for employees, company matches 401k, employees well trained, meetings monthly to learn new things, management is opened to workers for their concerns
Pros
monthly training for new nurses
Cons
hours based on census
Great Job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 6, 2018
Great place to work, they take pride in their employees. Processing claims, insurance, data entry. Team based environment with a lot of support. Truly enjoy working for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnityPoint Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight