UnityPoint Health Employee Reviews

Good Company
Document Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 16, 2018
The point of unity is you. UnityPoint Health has a vision for health care, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient every time.". Our team of professionals communicates with you to clearly and effectively address your health care in the most appropriate setting: whether that is a clinic, a hospital or at home
UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT REGISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IASeptember 14, 2018
This hospital isn't a great place to work. I had so many issues with the management and they were not respectful at all and didn't treat their employees with respect by any means.
Collaborative and Progressive
Government Follow-Up Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 14, 2018
Emphasis was placed on teamwork, as to get claims processed correctly and patients billed appropriately, each one of us had to feed off and learn from one another.
Pros
Teamwork, Invaluable skills and advancement
Cons
Pto
Former employee
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Poor training, poor management, staff favorites per management. Polices changing all the time. Scheduling errors frequently. Low pay. Lack of communication was a big concern.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks, rude staff
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work but company is unfortunately unable to pay what is expected to hire or retain the best talent. Advancement opportunities do exist but are very limited. Benefits are subject to provide less coverage annually.
Great healthcare provider
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Great hospital with a “Patient Centered” approach to care. Great leadership and management working within the many stresses and challenges of a new healthcare system.
It is a work in progress
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 10, 2018
UnityPoint is relatively new to the Peoria area and have recently purchased another facility. The culture is different and employees (regardless how long you have worked for the company) seem to be very disposable. This I feel effects the culture and relationships between employees/mgmt/customers. They are in a constant state of change and it can be difficult to keep up with the most recent information/processes/policies. That said, I have worked for UPH/Proctor for near 13 years so despite the shortcomings I have overall enjoyed my employment. I’ve stayed with it mostly because I love my co-workers and working with the patients.
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 7, 2018
At St Luke’s you have every opportunity to advance in positions
The hours are flexible
Great heath benefits
Inside jogging/walking track.
Nurses are helpful
Pros
Discounted meals
Interesting workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 7, 2018
Working in the emergency room, everyday is a different day. I get to see and experience new things each day that I work. I learn new things that I’ve never learned before.
Excuse the pun but it's a cancer from top to bottom
Supervisor Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Unfortunately you can't believe anything they tell you. If you're a hard worker and a good team player you won't fit in there because everyone thinks of themselves only and the upper management does not h
elp.
Cons
Bad environment, lack of team effort, poor management, unstable environment
I would not work for this company
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 3, 2018
They make promises that they break. You work 24/7 for them and then in return they give you negative feedback. It is stressful and there are too many upper management and not enough day to day staff. They have difficult following through on their mission because they change things on a daily basis.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Stressful work environment
good
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 2, 2018
I love Unity Point excellent organization with wonderful people.
Great benefits and good to their employees. This is a good organization
that benefits with community engagements. It is also a reputable organization that does good in building bridges with other business/ organizations within the community in which it serves. The demenor of this organization is very positive and I have found very satisfied employees. I think only the best when thinking about this organization.
Pros
Good work enviorment with good benefits!
Be a part of the machine
Document Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 28, 2018
This job could be made more pleasant, although it is repetitive and boring. However the management seems to take every opportunity to strip away our morale.
Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 17, 2018
Always looking out for the employee's best interest with plenty of career advancement opportunities. I really valued my time at Unity Point. They gave me the resources I needed to prepare myself for the future.
I Enjoyed working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 14, 2018
I Have enjoyed working here as a Unity Point Health Employee
learning new things meeting new people and growing as a person
I appreciate the opportunity to work here as Certified Nurse Assistant.
Productive, fast paced work, great place to work
Data Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAAugust 13, 2018
I love working at Unitypoint. I have great co-workers and leaders who work together as a team to get our job done in a timely accurate manner. As an employee, I am very proud of how Unitypoint shows value not only to employees but mostly to our patients. It is a great place to work and enjoy the people I work with.
Job Shadow
Job Shadow (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 13, 2018
I only did a job shadow for a couple of hours, but the people I met were very knowledgeable about their jobs and willing to share their knowledge. The facilities were very clean as well.
Flexible & Professional
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 11, 2018
Management works with you. Schedules are flexible and easy to accommodate to. Job is easy and enjoyable. Staff becomes like family and job is challenging in the best ways!
It was good enough to not quit.
Print Shop Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 6, 2018
There was lots to do every day, the volume continually increased, but there was a well functioning team that made things work.

The hours were 9-5 M-F and no holidays, which remained a plus during my time there.

My experience is not typical of the organization. I worked in a support capacity. On the medical side through work contactsI know of extremely satisfied staff in some hospitals and clinics and dissatisfaction at other units.
Pros
Ok benefits, reasonable hours.
Cons
Pay lags behind standard rates.
Unity Point IIAR
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILAugust 6, 2018
I typically work day shift from 8am-430pm. I work every other weekend. I do not travel for this job. The work culture is a close knit group. Our team work is great and my schedule is flexible. The health insurance is kind of bad.
Cons
short breaks, health insurance isn't the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnityPoint Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight