UnityPoint Health
63Average

UnityPoint Health Employee Reviews

United States778 reviews
Good co-workers to offer support with a nice orientation process for new graduates.
UnityPoint Health and Blank Children's Hospital has been a great hospital to work for while starting out as a new nurse. Although management is not always the best, the co-workers and health care providers have been friendly, collaborative, and work hard to provide the best patient care. I have gained a lot of friends and experience from this job.
Coworker bullying from nurses
Coworker bullying from nurses. No support from management in reporting these issues. Always treated like the low man on the totem pole and reminded we are of no value.
Amazing company
Incredible management in Public Health. Fun work environment. Inclusive staff and ability to work on projects for multiple facets of Public Health outside of an employee’s “normal” job duties. Always exciting.
Work place culture was good
The working knowledge I gained was a great addition to my healthcare work experience. The work place environment was above average where I felt part of a team.
poor leadership
If you get hired at UnityPoint laboratory the manager and supervisor don't know how to deal with their employees. If a male technician is saying anti-religious, homophobic statements, he should be fired. Lab technicians on their cells CONSTANTLY should be fired.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Productive and Very Team Oriented
I have worked with Unitypoint for four years now. They have always been there for me even when I am experiencing personal struggles. I would recommend this company to both employees and patients.
Fun place to work with top-notch nursing staff.
Patient Care Technicians (PCT's) work very hard along side of Nurses to provide the best patient care anywhere. However, it is my opinion that PCT's are very underpaid for the work they do. It's a physical job that takes its toll on your body, but the satisfaction obtained from serving others is enormous.
I enjoyed working here very much. I was appreciated by my consumers as well as most of the managers. We worked as a team and all got along well. Salary could be a little better.
Feel good about what you do
A good place to work with high quality of care. It a place where you can be proud to work. Management has improved over the years and its mostly a good place to work with decent benefits
A hands-on learning experience
I completed a four-hour shift once a week in Meriter's Inpatient Physical Therapy Department. For most of my time there, I was assigned to a single physical therapist who I followed and assisted in his patient care.
Looking for a better w
Happy but need more money . Good place to work been there 5 years so far . They do have good insurance even those I don’t have it . Wish someone else the best there
Sometimes good sometimes bad.
Management changes a lot.
I have seen amazing times but I have also seen the worst. Overall I have liked working there but they tend to side with management and not the staff.
Mostly not busy
Several coworkers were vulgar, could not talk without vulgar words. Other coworkers were good guys. Division between departments was distracting. Too many with a lot of years thought they were special.
Great company, hide from the politics...
Favoritism is a real thing, but disguised as "trying to help you". Either get in good with leadership or forget about a long employment in a job that you love and believe in.
Pros
Good money, atmosphere, and company.
Cons
Favortism, blind trust by executives in a lower leadership that plays chess with real peoples lives, that same leadership can be classified as hypocrites..
Poorly managed, back stabbing atmosphere.
Very poorly managed, no decent compensation for education and experience. Under-educated, 'off the street' employees. Back stabbing culture. Employee meetings that have no follow thru.
The opportunities to Advance
I would highly recommend working for Unitypoint! They have good benefits with a lot of ways to advance your career. They are always willing to work with you if family emergencies come up.
A busy and rewarding place to work
Health Care is not for the faint of heart. Unitypoint sets high standards of excellence for their employees. It’s hard work to meet the growing needs of patients and insurance while not having an abundance of staff. People work together to do what it takes to get things done.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Very busy
Great culture
It’s a fantastic place to work with a great culture. I truly love working for this company. “You Matter” is the code that they live by and they have e proved that over and over with me.
Only out for a profit.
The company only cares about its money and the bottom line. Not its employees. And not their patients. Management just does their job and abides by the ridiculous policies that UP has. They dont care.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Just a number.
Inbapropriatness, lack of respect and over worked.
Besides being over worked, underpaid, under appreciated yet expected to give
all of the above to your "team lead" and "educator of the department" who've been having an extramarital affair with each-other for years, getting other employees involved Receiving special privileges for time off and conferences so they can Have time together is a level of unprofessionalism I've ever experienced.
Cons
Great pharmacists, good corporate atmosphere
Best pharmacists I have ever worked with; a lot of clinical input including dosing of insulin, vancomycin, warfarin, renal meds; great resident program; technicians good, but poorly managed; my immediate supervisor great at clinical knowledge and programs but very poor communicator and not very good at appreciating the amazing people who worked for him
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnityPoint Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.