Univar Employee Reviews

My worst nightmare
Export (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 10, 2018
This office in Coral Springs is the worst place to work, my coworkers did not make a good work experience there. the managers are rude and not polite...
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/driver (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 1, 2018
Friendly, helpful and treated well training provided, overall good vehicles that get checked as required. Sometimes corporate bosses don't know whats going on
Pros
Low stress
Cons
some customer locations bad
Daily operations
Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJuly 19, 2018
I enjoy working with my coworkers , and we have a great relationship. Since I have been a supply planner , more and more is expected of us as planners , and it seems like there is not enough time in a day to get the job done. We as planners seem to wear many hats. We are expected to review many reports , involved with our traffic dept on a continual basis to check the status of our orders ( and many times having to find out what is causing a delay with delivery even though the order was placed with the vendor with plenty of lead time to get manufactured and picked up by our carriers.) i am being honest , if our planners did not have to worry about so many "other" factors , that would free up more time in the day to concentrate on "planning." Unfortunately , getting pulled into other situations causes the day to last nine or ten hours per day. I would be happy to work an eight-hour day.
Pros
Short commute, local career opportunities . health care benefits
Cons
long work days 9-10 hrs per day, short lunch breaks due to the "busy schedule"
Great Place to Work
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoy working at Univar. Everyone is nice and they offer great benefits. They really prepare you to learn and encourage it so you can advance in your position.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 9, 2018
Univar was a great place to work. I had the opportunity to meet other people from local businesses in the area. Due to reorganization my job position in Mobile AL was relocated to Georgia.
Consistent market share
Chemical Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 6, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the summers in your PPE gear. The temperature can get unbearable inside the suit. In certain jobs, you have to have full gear.
Pros
Stock option program
Cons
inferior managers
Univar
District Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 30, 2018
It was a great place to work and truly fosters an environment for growth. Management was in a different location so it made it harder for effective communication but they were willing to try.
great company with limits if you're not sales
Manager (Current Employee) –  western USMay 29, 2018
Sales oriented firm; without sales your career will be limited; support groups have good resources; company is working hard to move into a more modern age. New president is making a difference
Safety First
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2018
A typical day would consist of making sure all safety protocols are being exercised, filing, calling vendors for information. My boss was great! He knew his job inside and out, and taught me a lot about the chemical industry. Work place culture is pretty good, co-workers were pleasant and helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting my colleagues to conduct safety tests in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was seeing the guys every Monday morning.
Pros
vending machine, ice
Cons
no cafeteria
Univar
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 3, 2018
Univar was a very good place to work. Peers were very knowledgable and worked in a collaborative atmosphere. There were many changes and was sometimes hard to keep up with.
good place to work
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2018
see the day to day operation of the warehouse ,coordinate the drivers routes set there schedules load and unload stock trucks check inventory on a daily basis
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no structure with management
great job
Supervisor of tank farm (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 21, 2018
very relaxed, self dependent. worked loading tanks and unloading rail cars. management is great. hardest part was when we didnt get rail cars in on time.
Pros
management
Cons
pay and hours
Decent place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 18, 2018
I feel that wages could be better, more competitive. Not too sure how they do raises as it varied each year. I worked there 3+ years with varying degrees of bad and good raises. Management seems to drag their feet on getting anything done unless there is literally a fire from upper management underneath them. Safety is a big thing. Workers are often by themselves cause of understaffing. A lot of work situations are two-man operation causing the safety issue.
Pros
Lot of easy work
Cons
Pay, understaffed.
stressful
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 15, 2018
start time eany weair from 1am to 5am not nowing what your doing until late day. routing done by computer unloading and reloading freate 0f hazardous materlies by hand add lift gate. or unloading of tankers of hazardous material.
Pros
home daleay
Cons
stresful
Technology needs to join this millennium
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2018
The computer system hasn’t had any significant update since its creation In the 80’s. Middle aged employees up to those looking to retire like the familiarity of this system so it will not be changed. But the millennial generation and younger are not going to easily use this outdated, poorly designed system.
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
Computer system from 80’s
not a place to work, with the management in place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMarch 7, 2018
very poor management. needs to be retrained on how to manage people. the workers there are is great. the plant and the trailers are fall apart and need to be addressed
Large company in the chemical business.
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMarch 5, 2018
The need for improvement for the management that takes care of the warehouse. Some areas are severely under staffed due to cutting cost. This causing an unsafe work environment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, long hours.
Terrible place to work
Purchasing Agent - Direct Purchasing Department (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMarch 4, 2018
They work you to death and pay you peanuts. Employees are not respected. Almost no chance for advancement. Pay is way below industry standards. Would never recommend.
Pros
free lunch about once a month
Cons
Management tries to get as much out of you as possible. Never any appreciation
excellent job if your nearing old age
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMarch 3, 2018
enjoyed employment while at univar but then they changed management and enacted peoplenet in trucks. did not allow 5 miles over speed limit. came up several times which i advised was not a cardinal sin and was nescessary. they refused to back off and created a stressful work environment
Pros
401k and weekends off
Cons
healthcare
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2018
Logging in information into computer. I learned how to enter Bill of Ladings information on a spreadsheet everyday. I enjoyed the employees and how kind and helpful everyone was when teamwork was needed.
Pros
Free lunches