Univar Employee Reviews

Productive place to work and learn.
Exports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 7, 2018
At the Coral Springs Office Management care about their employees but don't do anything to create a confortable and nice work environment among employees.
Pros
Small office. Personal time flexibility. Nice building. Good benefits.
Cons
Empleoyees other than managers
Progressive, busy, growing thru acquisitions.
Facilities Director (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 5, 2018
Facilities positions require a self starter that can prioritize and will be busy with something different everyday. Given the autonomy, with the skills a person possesses to make common sense fiscally responsible decisions, it is a very enjoyable place to work. Seeing a construction project through to completion is most satisfying.

Facilities employees are on call 24/7 7 days a week for any issues that may arise with the facility.
Pros
Organizing employee inclusive events
Cons
Building issues
Hard Working and great environment
Translator and Assistant (Former Employee) –  México, MXOctober 21, 2018
It was a challenging time trying to get all of the work done in time and to the standard that they wanted. Nonetheless it was a great learning experience which helped my development and expectations for future work and work ethic.
Very good work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAOctober 19, 2018
As my 4am shift started we stayed moving. A list of things where made outthe day before. At the beginning of my day I already knew what needed to be done by the end of my shift.
Pros
Knowing what had to be done
Cons
Did'nt last long
Place wants machines not workers
Yard Specialist (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAOctober 14, 2018
Managment want the site ran perfect but wont compensate you for your work. Rarely gives overtime and on your short week its only 32 hours in the work week.
Pros
Shift work
Cons
Bad managers
Very high paced work environment: The ability to multi-task is a must!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80216October 3, 2018
This is a very high stressed work environment. You must be able to prioritize your duties well and have very good multi-tasking skills. The good part about the job is the fact that your constantly learning something new so it's hard to get completely burned out.
Pros
The pay is great. There are many duties to be done, which for some people, is better than doing one particular thing all day/ every day.
Cons
You are micro managed.
Great company if you like to be Miro managed
A/P Vendor Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 18, 2018
Loved working there until a struggle between supervisors became imminent and employees were used as pawns or scape goats.

Training was available but depending on your supervisor whether you were able to participate or not. Was excluded from the training and therefore made job difficult to do in a timely manner due to always having to go to someone to find out how to use the new software.
Pros
Free fruit in mornings and water bottles provided due to contractors.
Cons
Short breaks and micro managed by other employees as well as supervisors.
My worst nightmare
Export (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 10, 2018
This office in Coral Springs is the worst place to work, my coworkers did not make a good work experience there. the managers are rude and not polite...
No Comment
Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2018
No team chemistry. Once the company went public the company was not successful. My department was being cut and the whole office was being re-organized.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/driver (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 1, 2018
Friendly, helpful and treated well training provided, overall good vehicles that get checked as required. Sometimes corporate bosses don't know whats going on
Pros
Low stress
Cons
some customer locations bad
Daily operations
Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJuly 19, 2018
I enjoy working with my coworkers , and we have a great relationship. Since I have been a supply planner , more and more is expected of us as planners , and it seems like there is not enough time in a day to get the job done. We as planners seem to wear many hats. We are expected to review many reports , involved with our traffic dept on a continual basis to check the status of our orders ( and many times having to find out what is causing a delay with delivery even though the order was placed with the vendor with plenty of lead time to get manufactured and picked up by our carriers.) i am being honest , if our planners did not have to worry about so many "other" factors , that would free up more time in the day to concentrate on "planning." Unfortunately , getting pulled into other situations causes the day to last nine or ten hours per day. I would be happy to work an eight-hour day.
Pros
Short commute, local career opportunities . health care benefits
Cons
long work days 9-10 hrs per day, short lunch breaks due to the "busy schedule"
Great Place to Work
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoy working at Univar. Everyone is nice and they offer great benefits. They really prepare you to learn and encourage it so you can advance in your position.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 9, 2018
Univar was a great place to work. I had the opportunity to meet other people from local businesses in the area. Due to reorganization my job position in Mobile AL was relocated to Georgia.
Consistent market share
Chemical Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 6, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the summers in your PPE gear. The temperature can get unbearable inside the suit. In certain jobs, you have to have full gear.
Pros
Stock option program
Cons
inferior managers
Univar
District Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 30, 2018
It was a great place to work and truly fosters an environment for growth. Management was in a different location so it made it harder for effective communication but they were willing to try.
great company with limits if you're not sales
Manager (Current Employee) –  western USMay 29, 2018
Sales oriented firm; without sales your career will be limited; support groups have good resources; company is working hard to move into a more modern age. New president is making a difference
Safety First
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2018
A typical day would consist of making sure all safety protocols are being exercised, filing, calling vendors for information. My boss was great! He knew his job inside and out, and taught me a lot about the chemical industry. Work place culture is pretty good, co-workers were pleasant and helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting my colleagues to conduct safety tests in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was seeing the guys every Monday morning.
Pros
vending machine, ice
Cons
no cafeteria
Univar
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 3, 2018
Univar was a very good place to work. Peers were very knowledgable and worked in a collaborative atmosphere. There were many changes and was sometimes hard to keep up with.
good place to work
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2018
see the day to day operation of the warehouse ,coordinate the drivers routes set there schedules load and unload stock trucks check inventory on a daily basis
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no structure with management
great job
Supervisor of tank farm (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 21, 2018
very relaxed, self dependent. worked loading tanks and unloading rail cars. management is great. hardest part was when we didnt get rail cars in on time.
Pros
management
Cons
pay and hours