Univera Healthcare Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse and Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 17, 2018
Good place to work. Respected and acknowledged for your work. Clean and friendly. Good cafeteria; a lot of options to choose from. Free parking. Secure building requiring a pass to enter.
Cons
No part time work available
You can work and have fun while doing it.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 1, 2018
Univera was a great place to work for and I will truly miss my fellow co-workers. It was a very nice atmosphere and offered wonderful benefits. It's not uncommon to have employees with 20-30 years with the company.
Pros
Free Fitness Facility
Over worked under paid
Individual Market Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 20, 2017
What they promise in the interview and training is nothing like the work environment. There is one set of standards for management and one set of standards for employees.
Temp-hire employee
Medicare Enrollment/TRR Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
Although I was a "temp employee", I was treated with respect as a regular employee. The ceo of univera in williamsville is a very friendly, care gentleman. I have had the pleasure of being engaged into a cascual conversation with him during our conversation he paid for my lunch without me even knowing he did. That's just the kind of person he is. The is not one who stay secluded to his office and not interact with the employees of all levels.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
Some personalities of clients
Nice friendly enviroment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Learned how to work difficult billing system, handled application questions for parents processed premium payments, was able to get assistance with learning how to process CHIP applications
This was a temporary position, but I liked working for Univera Healthcare
Customer Service Representative-taking (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I worked for Univera Healthcare as a CSR and I liked working there for the most part, but at the time, I did not have a vehicle and catching the bus to Williamsville was hectic, but I enjoyed every moment of working there.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
work location
endless meetings
Platinum sales (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORJune 2, 2017
this company misled us and others who were successful people...we all lost a great deal of money with NO RETURN...promises....promises unkept.....meetings day and night...lost money...we all did and left the company...bitter...angry....people at the top made the money...the owner would not listen to any of us...
Pros
Cons
scam....set up people for failure....unreachable goals...people at top made the money
No teamwork with management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 29, 2017
Had to meet daily requirements which were impossible to do during a 7.5 hour day.
My co-workers got along very well together and worked well together as a team.
Pros
free parking
Cons
had to work holidays
energetic place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 14, 2016
office assistant
faxing, copying, teacher assistant, answer multi-line phone
stuffing envelopes
picking up and dropping off documents to the teachers
Pros
faxinfg
all set
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 1, 2016
Great Place to work, The onl.y real problem is that the middle management people were more interested in themselves than the sales reps who worked for them
Awful place
Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 14, 2016
I spent 12 years at this company I was constantly being degraded by my manager. My day would never end as I was on call 24/7/365. I got called in for minor issues that were not a emergency. Management would not listen to anything. All they cared about were the sla's.
Pros
Free parking & gym
Cons
On call, all the time
Overall company experience
Medicare Customer Satisfaction (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 30, 2015
Welcoming environment, Multiple systems, accountability, many issues with health plan and regulations, the best part is team work between staff, and Management is understanding but sturdy
secretary
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  williamsville,ny 14221November 14, 2015
Administrative Secretary: Responsible for all aspects of secretarial duties and customer service. Duties included all aspects of Microsoft, preparing forms, letters, filing, scheduling meetings, ordering office supplies, payroll, Dictaphone, Equipment used windows 97, Xerox work center fax machine, Xerox copier.
Human Resource: Duties included screening resume, data entering resume into computer system, sending resumes to appropriate department and supervisor
Receptionist: Duties included answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, requesting referrals, verifying health insurance, customer service.
Medical Specialty Drug Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 7, 2015
Univera Healthcare has been a good company to work for. From my days in the Medical Center, as a pharmacy tech. to moving to headquarters at Park Club Lane. 31 years with one company today is unheard of. It always worked well for my family.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
na
Great company with great benefits.
Medical Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 12, 2014
A typical work day is fast paced, and very busy. I learned to be very customer focused; detail oriented, and possesses analytical skills. I have great communication, multi-tasking skills, and listening skills.

I enjoy working as a team with my coworkers. They are helpful and we get along great.

The hardest part of the day is leaving. With so much to do daily, you want to work endless.

The most enjoyable part of the day is customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free parking, cafeteria, day shifts
Cons
Short lunch break, no breaks.
Okay place to work. Good benefits.
Medical Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 1, 2013
A typical day is very busy, busy is good. Learned various things.

I've learned strong communication skills, leadership skills, customer service skills, organization, and analytical skills.

My co-workers are friendly.

The hardest part of my job is leaving work for the day, and not thinking of the list of things to do the next morning.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer happy.
Pros
Free parking, full time pay, benefits, free parking.
Cons
Short breaks, and not much advancement opportunity.