Universal Consulting Services Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for, but i had to relocate
Administrative Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 16, 2018
I'm a face pace worker and enjoyed working at UCS because I was able to grow my skillset. My Project manager was a great boss and I will miss the team
Very vague organization, very little structure, pretty much a slave to the client
Engineering Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ft. Deterick, MDAugust 15, 2018
I had very little interaction with the main branch of UCS as I was located off site, but I received very little support and they did not attempt to reach out or make me feel included. The administration is fire happy and quick to jump at their employees. The three previous engineers were fired within the same month I was hired. Taking bathroom breaks or using the water fountain is considered slacking off, this company really does not care for their contractors and they are quick to release employees on hearsay. The contract and job description is very vague and they do not give you clear guidance as to what your day to day responsibilities are. I am not happy working here and the work is not what they had explained upon hiring.
Great Contract, Poor Management
Web Developer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 31, 2018
Contract location and people were fantastic to work for. Felt a sense of pride doing what I was doing. Was appreciated by co-workers and my customers, however, after the PM was taken from my contract, there was no management direction from that point forward. There were no annual reviews to know if I was doing well or if the customer had issues. This went on for years and despite asking for change, nothing happened.
Pros
Salary, location, benefits
Cons
Management, Advancement
People Oriented
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 31, 2018
USC is the most people oriented company that I have ever worked for! I have been with the company for 3 years and I really enjoy the work atmosphere!
Cons
Vesting time is too long
UCS is growing
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 1, 2018
great place to work, and the company has sights set on bigger and better things. The company is focused on growth and they are bidding on a many potential contracts, which they should win based on the track record.
poor company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 6, 2018
PM very biased to those who were her minions. Changed rule/expectations all the time. Created a hostile environment for those she did not like. Was clear to many people she came in contact with that she lies all the time.
Okay Company Depending on Contract
Junior Analyst - Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 24, 2018
Typical federal contracting environment for mid-sized firm. Varying quality of work requirement, client, interaction with firm dependent on particular contract and respective (or not so respective) PM. Unless this is your only option, keep shopping.
Good consultant support
Senior SharePoint Engineer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MarylandJanuary 28, 2018
I've been a consultant for 20 years and have found this company to be supportive and friendly. They provide a competative and possibly superior benefits package and strive to build and maintain a positive and comfortable culture.
Fun place to work
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTNovember 20, 2017
UCS really cares about their employees and will do whatever it takes to look out for you. There are amazing leaders who try very hard to be fair to everyone.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
distant work
Area Project Manager, Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 4, 2017
I would stll be working for them if the Government contract had not been cancelled. My manager showed a lot of trust and autonomy. I id not work at the corporate office so I can not speak on the culture there.
Diverse Team
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2017
Able to really grow in this contracted consulting capacity. Diverse Team and background. The organization's headquarters are in a fantastic location and growing footprint of government opportunities.
Overall not a bad company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Detrick, MDJune 27, 2017
The leadership does what they can make being a consultant painless.

Benefits are a little weak and the healthcare plan is not the best. seems to be a lot of hidden out of pocket expenses. 401K match is below par. Outside of that, the company seems to value their employees and provides several company events throughout the year to give back.

all in all, it's not a bad place company to work for and they offer competitive salaries
Average 9-5 IT Job
Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 18, 2017
January 22, 2018

Typical day at work is running around making sure system doesn't crash. Company is poorly staffed and is penny pinching. Other projects are probably better. Really depends on what project you're placed on whatever organization you're in. We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on this site. We are sorry that your experience at your project location has not been more positive. If you are a current employee, we encourage you to please reach out to your supervisor so we can discuss your concerns. Please never hesitate to reach out to management for any concerns you may have on your day to day operations. Thank you again for the feedback!

Excellent company to work for.
CONTRACT SPECIALIST-CONSULTANT (III) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 3, 2015
Excellent company to work for. The personnel were professional, helpful, and friendly. I rate them five stars in every category.
Universal Consulting Services
Manager of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA HQJuly 27, 2015
This is a great place to work as long as you are not working in the accounting department. The VP of finance does not speak very well. She does not speak or understand English. Everyone knows this but they continue to give her a pass. Their response is just keep her out of our department and we will stay out of hers. She is lazy and does not understand the concept of team player. She throws her department under the bus for any and all mistakes and take credit for anything that they may do that is correct. She has the owner in her back pocket. She may have something on him as he refuses to get rid of her. He feels it is better to replace an entire department vs. firing her. She is the reason her entire department quit twice in three months. She says things at could cause a large legal suit for discrimination if someone found it worth their time to take such action. She is not very professional and the entire company hangs on one position. The payroll person who does an excellent job. If she should quit like everyone else, the company would fold because people would start to become paid incorrectly and a massive exit would occur. I would highly recommend not going to this company until the VP of Finance has been removed. Going to HR is a joke as the HR person is weak and does not have the authority or will to present a strong enough case to owner that VP of Finance must go.
Pros
Cons
Management sucks and owner only cares about his money
January 22, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with UCS, as we endeavor to use all feedback as a learning opportunity. We are sorry that your experience at UCS was as you describe it. Our goal is to provide a healthy and stable work environment for all employees, as our employees are one of the key pillars of our company’s success. Our sincerest apologies that the environment was not a healthier one for you, during your time at our company. We continue to grow and develop as a company, and truly appreciate your honest feedback, so that we can always strive to be better. Thank you for the review!

Wonderful place to be
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 22, 2015
I really do enjoy being a government contractor. While supporting the Navy I have learned the Navy culture, and all that is essential when supporting a government client.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Contract work and the uncertainity
This position was in Afghanistan
Contract Subject Matter Expert WAWF (Former Employee) –  Bagram Air Field AfghanistanFebruary 4, 2015
Typical 12 hour day was fielding calls and site visits to train vendors acceptors and inspector on WAWF, Also trouble shot unusual problems.
Toxic Workplace Environment
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  fairfax, VAOctober 14, 2014
UCS was definitely generous with the benefits and pay. But there was zero support from management, hr or other employees during the day to day operation.
January 22, 2018

We appreciate your comment and thank you for recognizing our firm’s generous employee benefits and compensation. However, we are sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience with your support network. We truly appreciate your feedback in this matter, as we strive to use all feedback as an opportunity to learn and grow as a company. At UCS, we endeavor to keep our primary focus on two crucial pillars: our customers and our employees. Maintaining these priorities should help in addressing these concerns. Thank you again for the feedback!

Assignment was great
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 13, 2014
Where my assignment was, it was great. Great and friendly people, they made you feel as you were part of the organization.
Pros
Great pay and great benefits.
Cons
No room for advancement especially for women.
Good place for entry level personnel
Project Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church VAFebruary 27, 2014
Learned a lot and appreciate the experience I gathered while working here.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Unstable Environment, Disruptive Workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Consulting Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Universal Consulting Services Reviews by Location