Universal Electronics Employee Reviews

Very bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg ohioJuly 2, 2018
After 20 hours of training I was put on the phones. If I had a question I couldn't ask someone in my group as they were all on the phones. I had to make up So.etching to satisfy the customer. I worked 5 till 9pm and a full day on Saturday, every Saturday. A sad selection of co workers everyone grumbled and complained in the break room about the lack of management. They had 3 young guys as supervisors and each if them sat at their cubicles far away from us, eating and playing computer games.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
very clean
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 8, 2018
Working here was great. Environmentally controlled temperature due to having to work on electrical panels. The management and engineers were amazing and always ready to help
Pros
temprature control
Meh
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIApril 18, 2018
I made lifelong friends at this job and the work is easy, you get to listen to music and mind your business. But managment is never helpful and they don't seem to appreciate those who try and push themselves to excel in the company
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Managment is not the best
Senior RF Electronic Technician
Senior RF Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 29, 2018
The people were friendly to work with.
But the work was a bit boring since I was under employed
Management was friendly and seemed family like
Engineers were helpful and pleasant to work with
Pros
Friendly people for most part, relaxed environment.
Cons
Boss was a bit overbearing, pay was quite low.
Amazing
VP Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
It was a fantastic place to work at. Boss/management was very relaxed, as long as you were contributing to the success and growth of the company. Unfortunately, layoffs were happening at that time, and I was the last man in. I would have loved to stay there, and do have an invite back once they start hiring again.
Think about this
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHDecember 3, 2017
Excited to start working at Uei but found out quickly that it is not a very professional workplace. The environment is very negative. The training seems very overwelming because they go through so much information very quickly but it all makes sense once you get on the floor. The only thing is when you sit with someone, be hopeful that its someone willing to teach you and not yell profanities and joke around with their coworker. Their are never meetings to update or keep you notified of changes. It is definately not a unified company. Not professional at all. If you are just looking for a paycheck and dont care about your job then it will be an ok job for you...
Pros
paycheck
Cons
bad management
Relaxed and easy work place.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 25, 2017
Pretty easy work. The work isn't very strenuous and the people are great. Air conditioned and can listen to music. 8 hours in a chair. Poor management.
Good place to start a career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 2, 2017
If your looking to start a career, Universal is a good place to start. For long term career growth, I would look at other organizations. People or pleasant and work well together. Minimum benefits.
Pros
Once a month free lunch
Cons
Benifits are lacking
small assembly
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  East Troy, WIOctober 4, 2017
typically would spend the day prepping and assembling different circuit boards to fill orders. got to work closely with others who were genrally nice and friendly.
Universal Electronics
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 25, 2017
My normal day on the job was setting up the line or taking the line down and changing over the line to a new order. I would make sure all the feeders had reels on them also make sure the Dek had paste to put on the boards and also make sure each process had the right programs on. Then i would run the boards through each day. Some days my job was busy other days it was not. The management did a good job keeping us on track.
Pros
30 minute paid break
Cons
communication lacked some times
good people to work with
Electrical Circuit builder (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 22, 2017
I solider wires onto circuit boards, made for street lights as well as other forms of electrical assembly. Wasn't much room for advancement. I worked 3rd shift 11pm to 6 or 7 am. Didn't get along with the supervisor. Due to her supervisory position. Was looking for a certain people to be on her line.
Pros
Airconditioning
Cons
my supervisor
Universal Electronics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHSeptember 12, 2017
While working for the company I was trained and did my job very well. I worked my way up to doing the schedules and also training the new workers. The call center could very high paced on some days and some days it was ok. I had a great call rate with no problems. On a busy day I was on a inbound and as I was completing the call another call came in and dropped and I was let go because of no the no call drop policy.
Pros
there were none
Cons
you have to pop and let the staff know you are going to the restroom.
Everyone was assigned seating, no talking, ask questions of mgmt only.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg,OhioJuly 18, 2017
I was only permitted to work 4-9PM, we were not allowed to talk, not even about our questions, shift availability, nothing. Management was scarce, you must ping a manager if you leave your desk even to go to the restroom. No promise of full time hours or steady employment.
Pros
It was a job when I had been out of work a little while.
Cons
No full time hours.
Good environment to grow skills
ENGINEERING PROCESS WRITER (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Great company to grow knowledge base and gain experience.
Small company in college town, typical pros and cons are found in this situation.
Excellent Company!
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 26, 2016
Excellent Company! Flexible and long standing. Would work there again. Great people and work environment. Great Benefits
good people, varying levels of work, easy to get sucked into drama
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 20, 2016
if you're there to work and get paid then there's nothing wrong with working there. lots of people do very unprofessional things and get away with it
Universal Electronics Inc.
Program Manager/Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CA and Twinsburg, OHApril 4, 2016
Working for Universal Electronics for 15+ years was genuinely a great experience. I got to be part of the complete process from meeting with customers to delivering them a finished product. Upon relocating to Ohio into a Satellite office my connection with the corporate office in California was lost. During this time we additionally purchased a manufacturing facility in China and acquired a competitor's company who was based in India. During the seven years I was with UEI in Ohio, the time table for work was starting to become almost 24 hours per day depending on the project(s) I was working on. In January 2015, I made the decision to not re-locate back to California and resigned to go back to school to finish my bachelor degree and look into graduate school.
Pros
Travel to Asia to take customers on factory tours, trade shows to get to meet customers face to face.
Cons
Extended days to handle calls and meetings with our California, China and India offices.
Decent Pay, Horrible Management, Terrible Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 20, 2016
During the work day, you have to make calls to assist customers. The work is not difficult, but asking for help from the supervisors is. The health benefits are ridiculously expensive. They offer $12.10/hour with no benefits, or $9.30/hour with benefits, and also take out more money on top of that from your paycheck. Bathrooms are always disgusting, and they have fruit flies everywhere. Management treats you like your in jail, and tries to give you more work (including their work) on top of the work that you are already doing, then wonders why you couldnt get the original work done. Management is not consistent at all. They play favorites, dont care if your sick/dying, if you call off, its a automatic write up in most cases, some cases you get fired depending on the situation (how many previous call offs/lates/ probationary period, or just how they feel that day etc). Management also plays the system. basically they dont have to spend much money when they hire a bunch of part time people, instead of hiring full time people. They keep part time people part time, for a long time! Its sad. People expect to get full time and are still stuck in a part time position for the longest.
Pros
stepping stone
Cons
poor management
Great Advancements
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMarch 2, 2016
The work was not hard co workers were easy to get along with will help if they can. The work was repetitive great advancements within the company laid back work place every now and again the company will do pot lucks and provide all the workers with lunch.
Pros
All major holidays we were off with pay for full time employees
Cons
short breaks clocks were always fast
Terrible employed
Ebay seller (Former Employee) –  From homeJanuary 18, 2016
Review for Ebay work:
Worked for them for a weeks trial, which left me unpaid and with them ignoring my emails. The job was advertised as 1-2 hours working on ebay, but as they had no idea how ebay or paypal works, I was working 6-8 hours a day easily. If you cannot perform miracles for them and change policies of other companies, you receive nasty demanding emails. Not worth a minute of the stress and effort.
Pros
Cons
No pay, communication cut, scam.