Universal Electronics Employee Reviews

Good place to start a career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 3, 2019
If your looking to start a career, Universal is a good place to start. For long term career growth, I would look at other organizations. People or pleasant and work well together. Minimum benefits.
Pros
Once a month free lunch
Cons
Benifits are lacking
It is fun to perform testing on many different products
Software QA and IV&V Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CA 90630July 31, 2018
I like working in my QA and IV&V departments as management and job culture are great to ease my work stress and pressure. Compensation and benefit are great to encourage a job well done.
A fast paced, challenging customer service environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work involved receiving between 300-400 calls a day and assisting customers in the proper usage and programming of universal remote controls for consumer electronics
I learned a great deal about various consumer electronic devices including TVs, stereos, VCRs, DVD players, satellite and cable receivers and their manufacturers.
The workplace culture was somewhat stressful with a high turn-over rate among agents.
The greatest challenge of the job was developing a high degree of patience with irate customers and dealing with their issues in the shortest amount of time possible.
The most enjoyable part of the job was changing the customer's demeanor in successfully solving their problem.
Pros
Fast paced work day. The day flies by before you know it. Teaches good problem solving skills.
Cons
Very stressful environment. Requires a huge amount of patience and product knowledge
its was ight
Wave Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 2, 2018
Universal Electronics was a pretty decent job to work at. had 401K, Insurances, and yada yada yada. Paid breaks were nice and you got 2 of them. Woiuld say it was a fine job overall
Pros
decent money and paid breaks
Cons
management was good but was really lacked in communication skills
Management is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHDecember 5, 2018
I loved this job. I was there for 2 months before I decided to quit due to the poor management. If you are looking for a long term job placement then this place is not for you. I felt like I was walking on eggshells and that they are too quick to fire workers. For the couple months I was there I seen them fire multiple people that were there for YEARS. It’s a waste of time and money training people to just be thirsty to get rid of them. The people that I worked with were great and the job itself was awesome and laidback. I’m looking for more than that though.
Pros
Job duties
No review summary here
Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 27, 2018
A typical day at work is frustrating. no information is shared by management, poor communication. a lot of reactive solutions vs proactive work. Culture is very CYA.
Don’t do it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 6, 2018
Do not waste your time!!! If you want to be thrown on the phones after three days, can’t ask questions, be in an unprofessional work environment then this is for you. The supervisors are rude, don’t introduce themselves, barely knows who you are, minimal training activities and documents, bootleg computer system that is always down, high turnover, lunch theft... you don’t even receive a badge. You must rely on help from your coworkers IF you sit next to someone that even wants to help. This is a fake it to you make it job and nobody knows what the heck they are doing including the sups. All employees mimic each other and what they have heard others say. DON’T DO IT!
Pros
free coffe, potlucks once a month
Cons
Bad management, terrible training, unprofessional environment
hard work little to no pay
Customer Service Representative and tech support (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 8, 2018
This is great learning step to career. the company is male dominated work force And they want to keep it that way A woman will come up with idea they shoot it down than a man says same idea and gets promoted sad lot of wonderful female workers not being recognized for there hard work
Very bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg ohioJuly 2, 2018
After 20 hours of training I was put on the phones. If I had a question I couldn't ask someone in my group as they were all on the phones. I had to make up So.etching to satisfy the customer. I worked 5 till 9pm and a full day on Saturday, every Saturday. A sad selection of co workers everyone grumbled and complained in the break room about the lack of management. They had 3 young guys as supervisors and each if them sat at their cubicles far away from us, eating and playing computer games.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Reasonable company
Converged Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 13, 2018
Reasonable benefits, level of autonomy, expected level of productivity. Suffers from lack of planning, short-sighted strategy, lack of proper investment in technology.
Productive work day
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 2, 2018
Delegating crew with project/daily duties and supervising work performance ensuring all employees are meeting job expectations .
Inspect ongoing work, assessing safety hazards and enforcing all safety codes to crew.
report daily progress to ownership and customer to assure project deadlines.
Pros
free luch
Cons
always set backs due to other trades and still having to meet deadlines
Overview of UEI
International Contracts Administrator / SEC Form (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 4, 2018
Lots of promises of a promotion. In four years it never materialized. Learned SEC filings. Made friends in other departments. IT dept was a major pain.
Pros
Learned SEC filings
Cons
Promotions never materalized
think first
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 28, 2018
this is a great starter job; not a career; great if your going to school; good stepping stone to advance at another company; there is great turn over there
not cool
Customer Service/Call center (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 22, 2018
cant speak for everyone...it was one of the most depressing places I've worked at and I've worked in nursing homes where people are sick and die everyday!
Pros
maybe first time experience
Cons
everything
Think about this
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHDecember 3, 2017
Excited to start working at Uei but found out quickly that it is not a very professional workplace. The environment is very negative. The training seems very overwelming because they go through so much information very quickly but it all makes sense once you get on the floor. The only thing is when you sit with someone, be hopeful that its someone willing to teach you and not yell profanities and joke around with their coworker. Their are never meetings to update or keep you notified of changes. It is definately not a unified company. Not professional at all. If you are just looking for a paycheck and dont care about your job then it will be an ok job for you...
Pros
paycheck
Cons
bad management
fun place to work and workers are nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 11, 2018
Universal Electronics is a nice place to work. The workers are nice when you get to know them, supervisors are pretty nice as well. The customers are some of the nicest people but some are very rude. It is definitely an interesting place but like any other job, it has its pros and cons.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Helenville, WIJuly 10, 2018
Other technicians were very helpful to learn my job better. The people were easy to get along with. Clean environment to work in. Was not a very stressful job
Pros
Easy work
Cons
pay could have been better
Productive team environment
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 3, 2018
Very supportive company that helped me learn lots of skills that I can apply to my future jobs. Very good team orientated workplace with lots of interesting opportunities.
Senior RF Electronic Technician
Senior RF Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 29, 2018
The people were friendly to work with.
But the work was a bit boring since I was under employed
Management was friendly and seemed family like
Engineers were helpful and pleasant to work with
Pros
Friendly people for most part, relaxed environment.
Cons
Boss was a bit overbearing, pay was quite low.
Amazing
VP Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
It was a fantastic place to work at. Boss/management was very relaxed, as long as you were contributing to the success and growth of the company. Unfortunately, layoffs were happening at that time, and I was the last man in. I would have loved to stay there, and do have an invite back once they start hiring again.