Universal Electronics Employee Reviews

hard work little to no pay
Customer Service Representative and tech support (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 8, 2018
This is great learning step to career. the company is male dominated work force And they want to keep it that way A woman will come up with idea they shoot it down than a man says same idea and gets promoted sad lot of wonderful female workers not being recognized for there hard work
Productive work day
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 2, 2018
Delegating crew with project/daily duties and supervising work performance ensuring all employees are meeting job expectations .
Inspect ongoing work, assessing safety hazards and enforcing all safety codes to crew.
report daily progress to ownership and customer to assure project deadlines.
Pros
free luch
Cons
always set backs due to other trades and still having to meet deadlines
not cool
Customer Service/Call center (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 22, 2018
cant speak for everyone...it was one of the most depressing places I've worked at and I've worked in nursing homes where people are sick and die everyday!
Pros
maybe first time experience
Cons
everything
Don’t do it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 6, 2018
Do not waste your time!!! If you want to be thrown on the phones after three days, can’t ask questions, be in an unprofessional work environment then this is for you. The supervisors are rude, don’t introduce themselves, barely knows who you are, minimal training activities and documents, bootleg computer system that is always down, high turnover, lunch theft... you don’t even receive a badge. You must rely on help from your coworkers IF you sit next to someone that even wants to help. This is a fake it to you make it job and nobody knows what the heck they are doing including the sups. All employees mimic each other and what they have heard others say. DON’T DO IT!
Pros
free coffe, potlucks once a month
Cons
Bad management, terrible training, unprofessional environment
It is fun to perform testing on many different products
Software QA and IV&V Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CA 90630July 31, 2018
I like working in my QA and IV&V departments as management and job culture are great to ease my work stress and pressure. Compensation and benefit are great to encourage a job well done.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Helenville, WIJuly 10, 2018
Other technicians were very helpful to learn my job better. The people were easy to get along with. Clean environment to work in. Was not a very stressful job
Pros
Easy work
Cons
pay could have been better
Very bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg ohioJuly 2, 2018
After 20 hours of training I was put on the phones. If I had a question I couldn't ask someone in my group as they were all on the phones. I had to make up So.etching to satisfy the customer. I worked 5 till 9pm and a full day on Saturday, every Saturday. A sad selection of co workers everyone grumbled and complained in the break room about the lack of management. They had 3 young guys as supervisors and each if them sat at their cubicles far away from us, eating and playing computer games.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Overview of UEI
International Contracts Administrator / SEC Form (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 4, 2018
Lots of promises of a promotion. In four years it never materialized. Learned SEC filings. Made friends in other departments. IT dept was a major pain.
Pros
Learned SEC filings
Cons
Promotions never materalized
Productive team environment
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 3, 2018
Very supportive company that helped me learn lots of skills that I can apply to my future jobs. Very good team orientated workplace with lots of interesting opportunities.
fun place to work and workers are nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 11, 2018
Universal Electronics is a nice place to work. The workers are nice when you get to know them, supervisors are pretty nice as well. The customers are some of the nicest people but some are very rude. It is definitely an interesting place but like any other job, it has its pros and cons.
think first
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 28, 2018
this is a great starter job; not a career; great if your going to school; good stepping stone to advance at another company; there is great turn over there
Senior RF Electronic Technician
Senior RF Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 29, 2018
The people were friendly to work with.
But the work was a bit boring since I was under employed
Management was friendly and seemed family like
Engineers were helpful and pleasant to work with
Pros
Friendly people for most part, relaxed environment.
Cons
Boss was a bit overbearing, pay was quite low.
Amazing
VP Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
It was a fantastic place to work at. Boss/management was very relaxed, as long as you were contributing to the success and growth of the company. Unfortunately, layoffs were happening at that time, and I was the last man in. I would have loved to stay there, and do have an invite back once they start hiring again.
Think about this
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHDecember 3, 2017
Excited to start working at Uei but found out quickly that it is not a very professional workplace. The environment is very negative. The training seems very overwelming because they go through so much information very quickly but it all makes sense once you get on the floor. The only thing is when you sit with someone, be hopeful that its someone willing to teach you and not yell profanities and joke around with their coworker. Their are never meetings to update or keep you notified of changes. It is definately not a unified company. Not professional at all. If you are just looking for a paycheck and dont care about your job then it will be an ok job for you...
Pros
paycheck
Cons
bad management
Great people but difficult environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 31, 2017
Employees were great to work with. No documentation of desk procedures, not enough training prior to system implementation. Deadlines could be difficult to meet. Not enough communication between departments.
Pros
Employees were very nice, good benefits
Cons
confusing procedures, not enough training or mentoring.
Universal Electronics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHSeptember 12, 2017
While working for the company I was trained and did my job very well. I worked my way up to doing the schedules and also training the new workers. The call center could very high paced on some days and some days it was ok. I had a great call rate with no problems. On a busy day I was on a inbound and as I was completing the call another call came in and dropped and I was let go because of no the no call drop policy.
Pros
there were none
Cons
you have to pop and let the staff know you are going to the restroom.
high turn over rate
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  1864 Enterprise pkwy Twinsburg, Ohio 44087August 10, 2017
UEI is a great place to work for experience. The turn over rate is very high. We do have a great time with our pot lucks once a month. The employees are good people to work with.
Pros
yearly bonus and monthly pot lucks and christmas party
Cons
benefits are not good and no job security or advancement
Nice Mid-Size Public Company
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA 92707August 8, 2017
It's a mid-size public company. There are good opportunity to learn stuff here. The culture is pretty diverse. Cool environment. Macro management. Okay benefit.
Pros
Free breakfast on Friday
Cons
No vision insurance
Everyone was assigned seating, no talking, ask questions of mgmt only.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg,OhioJuly 18, 2017
I was only permitted to work 4-9PM, we were not allowed to talk, not even about our questions, shift availability, nothing. Management was scarce, you must ping a manager if you leave your desk even to go to the restroom. No promise of full time hours or steady employment.
Pros
It was a job when I had been out of work a little while.
Cons
No full time hours.
No smiles allowed
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 14, 2017
PlusOne was a very rigid environment. We were convincing Cox Cable customers to troubleshoot with us one last time, before sending the technician out. The job was good, the management was tight. If they saw you were talking and laughing with your coworkers, they would move you. They did not like people enjoying themselves at work. I never understood, why they frowned upon smiles? This is in-between calls. We are not missing calls. This is during downtime. They wanted absolute quiet. Which was ridiculous, because our seats were very close to each other, we were elbow to elbow.
Pros
good troubleshooting skills
Cons
not allowed to talk