Universal Engineering Sciences Employee Reviews

Management bases job performance on likeability factors in lieu of how well you perform.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Management is not up-front with employees and has no loyalty. If you are not on their "favorite" list, then be sure they will find someone they "like" to replace your position. Does not matter how well or how long you work for them, they have poor communication and will let anyone go with no reasoning once so ever.
Pros
Cons
lack of loyalty, will stab loyal employee in the back QUICKLY without seeing it coming!
Was a great experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
I wish I still worked for the company, had great memories and made great life time friends. My bosses and management were supportive and good advisors, also I needed anything or assistance financially they were there for me all the way. They were a great company to work in. I miss them dearly.
Pros
They sent u to school
Cons
Paid education
Best job ever
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 3, 2018
This is literally the BEST job I've ever had.The people are hilarious jokesters yet know when to be serious, professional, and get things done. Pay and benefits are the best I've seen thus far. Dennisse (Office Manager) has to be the absolute best and caring boss anyone could ever have. She's a true blessing to any and everyone. The office overall is still growing, but its a great start for anyone willing to learn!
Pros
1 hour lunch, company parties/ luncheons, great staff
Cons
Lack of communication (at times), long hours
Hard work but nobody breathing down your back
Driller Helper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2018
I enjoy the working environment but the hard work and the long hours wear on you after a while. I was looking for something a little less physically demanding.
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
great place to work
Assist lead driller (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2018
This is a really great company to work for with nice benefits, a great management team and an inviting culture. I really enjoy working for the company .

and they lived happily ever after

The End
Pros
paycheck
Cons
working
Muchas ense├▒anzas
Shadow Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 6, 2018
Los ingenieros a cargo me transmitieron sus conocimientos de geotecnia y pude aprender acerca de la contracci├│n con pilotes
good company
Network Administrator Designed and implemented (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2018
good home grown family company. insurance and dental at the time were a little expensive but to be expected for a family owned and operateds business.
Productive Company
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2017
Universal Engineering Sciences, is a very good Company to work for.

What I enjoyed the most about my job was working close with the Senior Vice President of the Company. I learned a great deal from my former boss.
Strong Company, Family Oriented, Fast Paced
Business Development Coordinator and Accounts Recv (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for Universal Engineering. I was with the company for over 12 years.

Due to personal reasons, a divorce, I was forced to find other employment.
Pros
Fast paced, but with a family atmosphere
Cons
No room for advancement at the location where I worked
Productive and fun work atmosphere.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 15, 2017
The workplace was serious when it was time to be serious but it was relaxed when the moment called for it. I learned more about clerical work and professionalism. Both of which I can actually use for the next job I apply for. It was overall a great experience. Management was very helpful, they worked with me when I didn't understand something. The hardest part of the job was taking on a bunch of stuff all at once and trying not to mess up. The easiest part of the job was the reports and clerical work and keeping stock and maintenance
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Break
Great company to work for
Technician Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 13, 2017
Universal Engineering Sciences is a great company to work for. The working environment is great, the employees are awesome people and the exposure and and experience is wonderful.
Pros
Salary, work schedule
Cons
slow pace job friendly co-workers
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2017
I actually loved working here its was a lot of fun and met some amazing people i would recommend this job to any of my friends. i left because of the scheduling and time i need to be at home weren't right overall i rate this job 80% great and 20% to much hours.
Willing to work for it.
Civil Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 2, 2017
Universal is a great company to work for with good benefits and the willingness to work with the employees. going to school they allow time off and the option for overtime.
Inexperienced managers - they know the trade but not the people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 10, 2017
Very focused on profit and rewards to the employees are hard fought for. Unfortunately, it is such a battle to get a reward that the good feeling is lost by the time you receive one.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
too many demands on the few
Outstanding company of professionals
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 15, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working for Universal. In hindsight, I never should have left! They were a great company who treated their companies well and provided room for advancement.
Different than any job I have ever had. not bad but very different.
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 14, 2017
The office manager is the best of all time. The overall manager is also good but very intellectual; hard to talk to and very busy. This job can be very physically demanding. Mostly you wait for hours then work like crazy for 15 minutes. Coworkers vary; some are excellent and some are condescending. The nuclear density machines are a little scary. Absurd amount of confusing paperwork to support your findings. You will never get a raise but they constantly ask you for more responsibility. They will train you. You meet a lot of good people. Some contractors cheat and you have to watch them. Overall not a bad job if the money was better.
Pros
Money by way of almost ridiculous overtime. Generally people are good.
Cons
Never getting a raise.
Very independent and self-organized work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2017
I worked as an administrative assistant at UES. I handled new hires and terminations, filed, entered data, created graphic design content (which was not part of the position, but I had a Photoshop certification), and other typical office responsibilities. I shared an office with another person, but could listen to my music as I worked and keep to myself. Nobody micromanaged me in the least and it was up to me to set my own pace and get everything done. I could work from home pretty easily if I didn't finish everything. The job was pretty flexible overall. I only worked three days a week, but that was by choice, and it would have been easy to me to ask for a steady full-time position with guaranteed hours. You do not have to be scheduled at UES and instead come in Monday-Friday and fill out a time card, and there is no lack of hours. I did not spend enough time at UES to say much for benefits or requesting time off, but as far as my position went, my pay was good and my hours were secure and I liked the independence of the job.
Pros
Independent work environment, guaranteed hours, good pay, lack of micromanagement
Cons
Not a lot of room for change, not always something new to learn, could be very boring at times
Throws You to the Wolves, Low Pay, Billing Body
Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  S. FloridaMarch 9, 2017
I worked for UES without certifications for months and was showed the ropes by a senior technician for a day before being sent out to multiple construction projects on my own. No education in plans reading, inspecting welds, reinforcing steel etc. and zero certifications. You're basically a billing tool for UES to invoice its customers and they're cheating said customers by providing uneducated personnel. Luckily I'm self motivated and therefore self taught.

I worked the entire quarter before resigning and UES withheld my earned profit sharing in spite. Not to mention making $10/hr. as an FDOT QC Manager (A $60k/yr. position) on two projects while also being the Sr. Tech. responsible for multiple Jr. Tech.'s who didn't care to do their jobs as required and daily onsite testing. I complained to UES management about the Jr. Tech's lack of performance; however, as mentioned above they are simply billing vessels and they continued to under-perform.

If you're not dedicated to a single job expect to rush all over tarnation due to multiple job sites and lack of proper scheduling. I'd be at Lake Okeechobee for a concrete pour at 10 AM and expected to be in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale at 12 PM for another.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Company Vehicle
Cons
Incompetent associates, Greedy Management
Different workplace
Orlando, FL Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 6, 2017
This is a job that I did not want to take. But upon going through orientation and getting some really great training I found this job to be challenging yet rewarding
Sometimes is fun when we participate in corporate events
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLSeptember 27, 2016
Flexible schedule, some days harder than others. I have learned how to manage my time, be more responsible and useful doing more than one job at the time. Co-workers are very happy and familiar and they help each other. The hardest part of this job is : (Learn the fastest as you can and as much as you can in a very short time). Most enjoyable part of the job. The hours, and the co-workers.
Pros
Vacations Paid
Cons
Short PTO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Engineering Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.