Universal Engineering Sciences Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Endearing Family Run Engineering Firm
Geotechnical Project Manager, Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2018
Work here is fun and flexible with a relaxed family style atmosphere. Work hours are flexible around your schedule and management employs an open door policy for everything from advice, to learning, to catching up.
Pros
Friendly Supportive Atmosphere
Cons
Limited Career Advancement, Restricted to South East
Was a great experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
I wish I still worked for the company, had great memories and made great life time friends. My bosses and management were supportive and good advisors, also I needed anything or assistance financially they were there for me all the way. They were a great company to work in. I miss them dearly.
Pros
They sent u to school
Cons
Paid education
good company
Network Administrator Designed and implemented (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2018
good home grown family company. insurance and dental at the time were a little expensive but to be expected for a family owned and operateds business.
Project Setup Coordinator/Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at Universal. The Owners, and Senior Vice President of the Company care for each employee.

I learned a great deal when I was employed with Universal.
Productive Company
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2017
Universal Engineering Sciences, is a very good Company to work for.

What I enjoyed the most about my job was working close with the Senior Vice President of the Company. I learned a great deal from my former boss.
slow pace job friendly co-workers
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2017
I actually loved working here its was a lot of fun and met some amazing people i would recommend this job to any of my friends. i left because of the scheduling and time i need to be at home weren't right overall i rate this job 80% great and 20% to much hours.
Very independent and self-organized work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2017
I worked as an administrative assistant at UES. I handled new hires and terminations, filed, entered data, created graphic design content (which was not part of the position, but I had a Photoshop certification), and other typical office responsibilities. I shared an office with another person, but could listen to my music as I worked and keep to myself. Nobody micromanaged me in the least and it was up to me to set my own pace and get everything done. I could work from home pretty easily if I didn't finish everything. The job was pretty flexible overall. I only worked three days a week, but that was by choice, and it would have been easy to me to ask for a steady full-time position with guaranteed hours. You do not have to be scheduled at UES and instead come in Monday-Friday and fill out a time card, and there is no lack of hours. I did not spend enough time at UES to say much for benefits or requesting time off, but as far as my position went, my pay was good and my hours were secure and I liked the independence of the job.
Pros
Independent work environment, guaranteed hours, good pay, lack of micromanagement
Cons
Not a lot of room for change, not always something new to learn, could be very boring at times
Different workplace
Orlando, FL Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 6, 2017
This is a job that I did not want to take. But upon going through orientation and getting some really great training I found this job to be challenging yet rewarding
Wonderful company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2016
I loved my time at Universal Engineering Sciences, Inc. Smaller company with a family attitude. I was there for almost eight years when I left, and I still miss most of the people I worked with.
Good steady work with great people
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 30, 2015
I was marketing director for Universal Engineering Sciences and probably still would be if it were not for the housing crisis.

I did all the company newsletters, brochures and internet communications for UES. I enjoyed it very, very much.

I wrote and redesigned their web site. Then we ported it to WordPress for better Search Engine Optimazation.
Pros
Steady Income
Cons
Not able to work remotely.
Diverse Work environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2014
Communication between management and support staff was efficient.
good working experience
field tech (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
good working experience to learn new things, but moving up can be hard. schedule is day by day, so you don't know if you work saturday until friday around 5 pm.
Pros
learn alot
Cons
extreme weather conditions
Fast Pace Work Environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2013
- typical day would include processing paperwork in a timely manner, working hands on with managers
- friendly co-workers
High pace
Sr Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaMay 13, 2013
A typical day at Universal varies. I deal hands on with the field technicians and answer phone calls from clients. I type and bill reports and make sure they get out to the client in timely manner. Some days its vary laid back. My co-workers are repectful and helpful. The hardest part of the job is not enough time in the day to get the work done.
Pros
the overtime
This is a wonderful company to work for.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2013
A great day everyday.
I learned hard work and patience
Management was great
My co-workers were amazing to work with
the hardest part of the job was lifting heavy bricks in the the sun.
The job was very exciting and i enjoyed every moment of it.