Universal Engineering Sciences Employee Reviews in Tampa, FL

too much driving
Building Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33619June 18, 2019
Too much driving out of my area. Never quite what to expect each day. Had a laptop that rarely worked right. Many weeks with not a lot of hours. Job involved too many jurisdictions, with too many different rules.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
too much driving out of area
Drilling Assistant
Driller Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2014
Mixing drill mud and additives for increasing viscosity or lubrication down the hole. I also support operation of custom built, high speed portable hydraulic drills used for geotechnical exploration or geotechnical construction. The team digs and levels footings for drills using hand tools and devices. Once completed we clean equipment and maintaining a clean worksite I also transport supplies and equipment. The tools we use vary depending on the job.I have knowledge of tools, equipment and machinery including pickups, vans, forklifts, pipe wrenches, in compliance with state, federal and/or local regulations and company policy

I am also responsible for moving and handling heavy drill rods and other equipment necessary to set up drill sites, trip out rod and perform drilling operations. Dig and level footings for drills using hand tools and devices. Regularly work around moving equipment and components while maintain a safe approach using JSA(Job Safety Analysis)/JHA (Job Hazards Analysis) and job specific safety awareness. Other duties as required within the scope of employment.
Pros
Compensation for time and travel
Cons
Working out of town and not being able to spend time with my family
This is where hard work was born
Driller Helper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2012
when you arrive at the job, you get the supplies needed for the day(mud, plug, cement) and ensure your equipment is in working order before heading out. Once at the site, you need to do a walk around to see if there are any obstructions/hazards to prevent you to getting to your initial setup. If all is safe, then you will assist the driller in getting the rig to the first setup and also bring the necessary supplies. A typical hole to be drilled can last 30-45 min(shallow hole) to up to 3.5 hrs(max deep hole) or more if you run into any deep hazards. the typical day lasts 10 hrs working 5 days a week at the minimum. In the end you will get dirty, you will get tired, and when you get home you will just want to fall asleep.
Pros
great job security, garunteed hours
Cons
50+ hours a week leaves no time to take care of personal tasks
Good company to work for during good times
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2012
Could be a good company with some changes. It is a little relaxed sometimes.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
travel with little or no notice.