Universal Engraving Inc Employee Reviews

If you arent mexican they dont care
Production (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 27, 2019
If you arent related or been there a long time they give you a hard time about raises, they dont look at accomplishments, progress, how much you work, what work you do or quality you send out. Most of the workers are lazy and do as little work as possible, while you run around doing everyone elses job and they are rewarded for your actions. They keep the slow lazy workers and push the hardworking employees out the door.. If your slow, enjoy being talked down to, dont care about your job, refuse to learn or dont like showing up to work then this is the job for you.
Very unorganized
Copper Line (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 3, 2019
Training is a mess. Not a single standard on how to do anything. Managers don’t train correctly as they just tell you to do something then walk away, not actually making sure you do the job right then yell at you when you start making mistakes. You hear 5 different things from people on what to do. People also complain about how “fast paced” it is when you’re actually just standing around for work to come to you
Pros
Two 15 minutes breaks and one 30
Cons
Management, Training Process
Fast pace engraver
cust service rep (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 18, 2019
Its a stressful job because its so fast paced and theres so much work to do and accomplish. I've learned a lot about an industry I didn't even know existed and its amazing. My managers are awesome they treat me like family and have been very supportive. They recognize you for your efforts and praise you for them.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Owned by a psychopath
Engraver (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 7, 2018
The owner of the company was an egotistical psychopath, who would call the engravers into meetings on Friday afternoons and berate us, and was once over heard saying, the only reason he did that was to ruin our weekends, and for no other reason than that.
Pros
Artistic work
Cons
Avoiding the owner
Stressful but always busy
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 2, 2018
Fast paced, stressful but lots of hours. management could use some work and fairness to workers is lacking. Pay is pretty low for what you are required to do, and getting compensated for being a great worker is nonexistent.
They really cared about the balance between family and work.
Manufacturing Engineer Overland Park (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. Even though they eliminated my position it was a sad day for me to leave. The company was a fast pace work environment. Each day was a new day and the work was not repetitive.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Fast pace work enviornment and most work was micromanaged.
Not Good
employee (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 6, 2018
This is not a good place to work. Only work here if you've already worked here 30 years, and are one of a couple guys. No matter what you do, you'll be talked about by older men who act like they are mean girls in high school.
Pros
nothing
Productive and fun work place with monthly potlucks
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 16, 2018
Management, HR and coworkers makes it easy to work for UEI. Everyone is friendly, hands on, patient, and willing to answer questions no matter how busy they are. I received benefits after 30 days, hands on training, and recognition for my hard work. UEI is a great company to work for with great people in a great environment and with great food. UEI is the best company I’ve ever worked for. The only reason I’m no longer with this company is because I moved to another state.
Pros
Weekly pay, Ot, Laid back, Monthly cooking contest, helpful coworkers
Cons
Not enough room in QC area
Productive workplace, very rude and biased management.
Quality Inspector, Press Operator, Shipping (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 14, 2017
I was treated unfairly, and when the management was having a bad day, he took it out on every single person in the building except for a few. The manager also talked behind people's backs and threatened them after they told each other about it. All of the management had very bad attitudes and and the supervisors cussed excessively and talked bad about everyone in their departments.
Pros
HR was very nice and understanding
Cons
Horrible management
Outside Sales/ Territory Manager
Southeast Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2017
My company is headquartered in Kansas. I live in metro Atlanta and managed the South East.

- I meet with current customers in order to maintain and strengthen our current relationship.
- Constantly searching for new / potential customers in order to expand my current client base.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and generating new business
- I have been very satisfied with management
- my work culture is different than most due to the fact my company is in Kansas and I'm located in Atlanta. So my office is my home office when I'm not on the road
- I would say the hardest part of my job does not pertain to the job itself. The hard part is maintaining a healthy work/life balance since I am out of town three weeks per month
Pros
great medical, company car, company credit card for expenses
Cons
low pay/ No real advancement opportunity
Not recommended
Prepress Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 4, 2017
A disappointing place to work, although I was there for over 8 years. The main VP is a pain and interferes with almost all the managers. Overtime is often mandatory, regardless of what is going on in your life. No annual review of employees. Advancement and raises pretty much controlled by the VP. Not based on your work performance as much as how that individual likes you. You can be let go just based on that same VP's whim.
Pros
Paid weekly, generous vacation plan
Cons
I would never work at a company like this again.
CNC Machine Operator/ Production (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 13, 2017
Everyday has no structure to it. Walk in the door and the whole place is already a mess to be sorted out. Management was a joke. If you can deal with working with a company that likes to use its name to get what they want by all means apply. Hardest part of the job would be the varying amount of work load volume and problems you run into with the machines. The most enjoyably part about the job was getting ready to leave or the very rare slow days.
Pros
Some Leniency, two 15 min breaks and one 30 min. lunch benifits
Cons
Long hours, no consistency, no ac, demands to work Saturday without 24 hour notice
Great Job
Financing and Accounting (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 22, 2016
I have learned so many things at this job, from answering phones, to using a fax machine, to invoicing customers, to communicating with management and more.

The Management is great and treats everyone with respect. Everyone is willing to help whenever the help is needed.

My co-workers and helpful as well. They are great to be around and work with.

The most challenging part of my job is getting ahold of some customers when they are unavailable because of the time change.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the variety of tasks and duties.
Pros
great benefits and flexability
Cons
There really are no cons
Less than adequate
Estimator / Sales / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, Ks. 66214August 23, 2015
Not a good place for advancement. Unorganized and unfriendly.
Would not recommend this as a good place to work. Co workers are somewhat friendly but do not like the company. High turn over.
Pros
Cons
low pay, less than average management
It was OK. n
Production/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 14, 2014
Just a Job, do not have anything else to add. Employees were fine, The hardest part of the job, was watching the same error's over and over again. Upper management would just watch.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
to laid back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Engraving Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6