Universal Health Services Inc. Employee Reviews

it's okay to work there
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 11, 2018
it is a good place to work, I like it but I didn't like the way they trick you for the pay. they don't like spending money but I like it. i recommend it for you
Fabulous opportunity within UHS
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 8, 2018
Throughout my time at UHS I had the opportunity to move between departments and get to know various areas within the company. It is a very well run family owned business, with a strong leadership team
Clique atmosphere
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2018
I worked and helped build La Amistad to a respectable institution then watched upper management take all credit and dismissed all who really made it happen. Now they replacing National Deaf Academy with. Seven Waters in Mt. Dora. Please Google NDA Mt.Dora and see the poor care they gave to those patients in Central Fl. I also am a resident who lives close by that revamped facility focus and I WILL be very vocal when they undoubtedly foul up. Work for UHS at your careers peril.
Pros
Occasionally you help despite poor mgmt.
Cons
Very clique like atmosphere.
UHS is a great company
HR Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2018
UHS is a great company to work for. It provides a great income and stable work environment. I would recommend this company as a great place to work.
Pros
professional
Cons
healthcare
Great Place to work
IT Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 26, 2018
A fun place to work. Lots of growth potential. Lots of locations to move to and from. Tons of work to keep you busy. lots of traveling if you like to travel. Fun times, fun events.
UHS Laser Technician
Laser Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2018
Not a bad position if you are out of college. Compensation is ok but not enough for the time sacrifice the manager ask. The manager tends to over stress and passes that stress onto his workers in phone conversations. You can become frustrated with scheduling very easily. Seem to always work underman. Some positive people in they are but hard to find. Good job if independence is desired.
Pros
Work in the OR setting
Cons
Sacrificing of time for not enough compensation
Productive and fun place to work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 19, 2018
I enjoy working at Universal Health Services. The people are very nice and cooperative. Always ready to assist when you have questions or need help.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No flex hours
Productive environment
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 18, 2018
Decent organization for to work. A typical you are very productive. I utilized several different system. Management is okay. Workplace is very diverse, challenging and a very busy environment. Nothing difficult about the work. The people are very helpful and pleasant.
Never saw or talked to any corporate people
Director of Foodservice (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 16, 2018
very little corporate support, zero department guidelines, no leadership or direction. At one point, I had worked 47 days in a row and the HR manager could have cared less.
Worse than a boot camp
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2018
I can write a book to describe what happens in this slaughterhouse. Indeed, I can write a book about this place and the people who work there. I would never, ever choose to end up in that dirty, unsafe, dangerous, and careless place. I have witnessed so much negligence, verbal and, sadly, physical abuse that I can go for weeks writing about it. The ratio nurses/techs patients (often 1 tech/nurse will have to take care of 15-18 patients if you're lucky) is awful and ridiculous which, of course, has a direct repercussion on the employees' immediate safety especially when you're working in the clinical (APS) or CSU units. You can see how poorly the management care about patients (even if they fake they care) and employees. They join units to save money on employees (2 techs rather than 4, or 1 tech rather than 2) care a "zucchini" about your personal safety, and lack of care you'll end up providing to the clients/patients. Therapists who are put under a tremendous pressure to take care of 30 patients (this includes paperwork, group sessions, and individual’s assessments). You'll see how therapists show all the time clear signs of distress. You'll start asking yourself how is it possible that a professional, who is supposed to help people who pay to be there, looks like he/she needs to be helped himself/herself in the first place. What can I tell you??
Welcome to Florida, place where these wild, unethical, and immoral places are allowed to remain open. I do not want to touch the salary matter because that is another ridiculous subject. Please, if you like serve and protect human
  more... beings in distress, who are there because have mental challenges, disorders, behavioral issues, or need to detox from any kind of substance abuse, and most importantly you care about helping them, do not choose this place. You will see yourself after a few months/years dehumanized and totally careless. No promotions, no raise, especially recently, (if it happens, 10 cents will be added to your hourly rate). Only congrats, pictures of you on the wall, and BS all over the place for showing you the fake empathy they have for you! Go somewhere else. Choose small places to work at, or move to another state where these big companies are not allowed by the law to stay open.  less
Pros
Boot camp Experience
Cons
Several cons that don’t fit in this little rectangle
UHS is a well organized corporation that has a well thought out growth plan for its employees
Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2018
I learned that you can never pay enough attention to details and in so doing one can stay ahead of potential pitfalls.

Management at UHS involves executives in decision making and has a culture of respect for the employee.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with employees to take care of the patient
Cons
I would work for UIHS again
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 29, 2018
I would work for UHS again. We went through tough times but they were fair. when they closed my facilities they provided fair severance but they did use up most of our pto by then to reduce labor.
Pros
close to home
Cons
lowell was far from home
An interesting work environment
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2018
Working at Universal Health Systems allowed me to advance from an entry level position as a collection assistant to a medicare biller. I appreciate the experience and was able to provide for my family during the duration of employment. It was an interesting experience of which I Iearned self discipline and codes of conduct and compliance although it was not always enforced.
Pros
Luncheons, and free give aways.
Cons
small cubicals and gossip
great staff .they have company parties around holidays .
Payment Poster/Account Poster (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 11, 2018
Great group of people and job security .Never run out of work .It is a great place to work and they let you balance out work and family .The company rewards there employees.
I loved working at Universal Health Services.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2018
Great pay and competitive benefits package. Fast paced work environment and great people. Lots of learning opportunities. Room for advancement. Universal Health was a great place to work at.
Reasons to work at UHS
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 24, 2018
There is a strong corporate culture,a commitment to excellence and a collaborative team environment at UHS. It is a company anyone should feel proud to be affiliated with.
This company is great because of the amazing people that work here.
Recruitment Professional (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 24, 2018
New to the company but I have to say that the company has a great culture. Amazing people that are extremely professional and talented. Great benefits and good compensation. Hoping to grow with this company!
Pros
Great culture, benefits, and growth opportunities
Cons
Commute
Successful company
Executive (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 23, 2018
Tenured leadership
Stable company
Excellent opportunity to grow knowledge and skills
National footprint
Visible and accessible management
Collaborative culture
Stable work environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 23, 2018
UHS is a very stable organization.. As is with most recruitment roles you have to be able to put the hard work/effort in. Management gives you the tools to be able to work effectively.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Lack of flexibility
Great company, stable, opportunities for advancement
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 23, 2018
Stable company with outstanding benefits. People are super friendly and the company is growing. Hustle hard and get rewarded. No micro-management here.
Pros
Corporate office has a GYM
Cons
No work from home in most cases

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Health Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight