UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working at Universal Healthcare-Bolivia.
AP/AR/Payroll Coordinator/Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolivia, NCSeptember 8, 2019
Choice Health Management is a great company to work for. I had a wonderful support staff at corporate and enjoyed being part of the start-up staff at this facility.
fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  King, NCAugust 24, 2019
fast paced, enjoyable, residents are good to get along with, management understanding and helpful. communication with others work well with others..
Not an great place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 23, 2019
Staff is mean and ghetto. Short staff all the time. Management not good to talk to. Place will not help you with school. Needs more people to work there.
Would not work there again!!!!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCAugust 9, 2019
This is a terrible place to work!!! I would not wish this place on my worst enemy!!! Corporate management is horrific and it is no better at the facility level either!!!!
Love the patients like family
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCJuly 28, 2019
Patients are very loving and become like family
Love taking care of them My manager was easy to get along with and talk to Some staff however are harder to work with but for the most part it is a good work environment.
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
No room for advancement
horribly run facility
RN (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 13, 2019
Rude management, very clicky. Work you to death and offer staff different bonus money to work overtime for same shift and same position and expect that the staff wont talk about how much they got paid to stay another shift.. CNA pay is far below other centers.
LPN Charge Nurse/ MDS Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bolivia, NCApril 15, 2019
I really enjoyed working there! They treat you and their patients like family. Staff is friendly and always willing to help. I even had family members come there for rehab.
productive and active workplace with nice residents
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2019
A typical day of work at universal would involve answering phones calls and directing them to the correct station or person. I learned to use a walkie talkie/pager the correct way and how to foward calls. The management wasn't all that great never really spoke to the manager due to her busy schedule and being new to the job. The workplace culture was a tiny bit challenging but friendly. hardest part of the job was making sure you directed the calls correctly each time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting residents and being able to make their days jus by a simple conversation.
Pros
residents
Cons
no breaks, lunch cost
Work/life balance
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NCFebruary 15, 2019
The employers within the company are willing to work with staff to provide a productive work/life balance. The co-workers and peers help to make the day go by quicker. Certainly an environment for teaching and learning.
A nice facility
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Ramseur, NCFebruary 11, 2019
This facility is a small 90 bed community. Everyone knows everyone and I fortunately have worked with or my family have known them for a life time. This has allowed me to have some insight on how to meet their needs. I have learned that also can be a handicap in our profession. The start of my day generally is approximately 8 am I visit with new residents and follow up on concerns from the previous day. we start clinical rounds promptly at 8:30 am each day with managers meeting at 9:15 am. Though this as a team we set the expectations and plan the day for the facility. The culture in the facility one of caring and family. the hardest part of my job is knowing when to call it a day. the most enjoyable part of my job is when I see and resident, a family member, or a staff member understand, come to peace, to succeed and to return home or to reach a goal. I chose the right profession.
Pros
The administrator is a good person and really works well with staff
Cons
Need more nonclinical support
Work
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  King, NCDecember 4, 2018
Long hours only good thing about the places was teamwork. i worked 3rd shift so it was a little easier but lots of paperwork to do cause they didnt have computers. And long 12 hour shifts. The manager was ok didnt really talk to her.
This company went under for a reason..
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 27, 2018
My passion has always been to help the sick, elderly, and young children.A typical day on the job would be to assist the clients with their daily activities of living, prepare their meals, take them for an outdoor walk, and make sure they're safe and comfortable before leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 20, 2018
One of my favorite jobs. Really enjoyed my management team and coworkers. Very productive environment. Unfortunately the company has since closed due to C-level mismanaging funds. Very sad, great company, great customers, great people.
Pros
Total Evironment
Cons
C-Level Management
Challenging Workplace
Administrative/ Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCOctober 19, 2018
Good place to enhance skills by learning to adapt to an ever changing healthcare enviornment. Very busy. Up-beat. On-going care and clerical work. Continous movement and learning. Home/Family setting for SNF.
Benefits
Cons
Employee's
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramseur, NCOctober 11, 2018
Always understaffed and people get tired. Management doesn't get that the employees are tired and that a why they can't keep people. Maybe if they paid more people would stay.
Cons
My co workers are like my family
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 22, 2018
My co workers are like my family, we spend a lot of tome together and we might disagree sometimes but we all pull together and get the job done. Our residents are our main priority
Meet some great residents and family members. For the most part staff is great.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oxford ncSeptember 14, 2018
Understaffed which like most understaffed jobs causes confusion, conflict and chaos between staff. I wouldn't recommend this job unless under new management.
Pros
one free meal, benefits
Cons
sometimes no break to even eat your meal, benefits because you need them to go to the doctor from being overworked
UHC- Lillington
Administrative Assistant - Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCAugust 11, 2018
Depends on your position with the company.
Loving atmosphere.
Competetive pay for CNA's.
Long hours for RN's.
Clerical staff is friendly.
High turn over rate in my time with the company.
Pros
Family
Cons
Co-Workers
terrible management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bolivia, NCJuly 21, 2018
There are two managers in the kitchen at Universal Healthcare and neither of them know how to do their job. They talk down to the employees and treat us as we don't count. They talk about us to the other employees and they talk about each other as well. They are two of the laziest people I've ever worked with and don't seem to understand their job description.
Pros
The dietary aides are fun to work with
Cons
managment is beyond ridiculous
n/a
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJuly 16, 2018
Handle a large variety of incoming calls, responsible for analyzing and resolving issues to ensure customer satisfaction with all aspects of services rendered dealing with health care.