Universal Hospital Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work but no work
Hospital Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2017
I have witnessed employees the entire crew take a lunch break & leave the hospital together to get lunch while there are tons of orders or rounds needing to be done. Ohhh, let me not forget the dispatcher also knew this, mgmt is not there on the weekends so I guess that is why the employees feel free not to work or go hide out somewhere & sleep.
Great Potential
Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2017
This company has such potential. The industry is exciting, and the people that work in the district offices and hospitals are above par in terms of quality and competency. Most of the employees at the corporate level are true professionals, friendly and loyal. The only negative I have with UHS is that they are having a difficult time figuring out who they are. Changes are good, but the senior staff in this company have brought operations full circle to where things were when I started. It seams like they just don't know where the company should be growing in the current market place. The management are more acquisition oriented than operationally in tune with their services.
Pros
Great employees, exciting industry
Cons
Lack of field experience at the corporate level
CST 1 (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 18, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone is down to earth and management is always there when you need them or are just a phone call away. See lots of blood on occasion so have a strong stomach.
Terrible To work
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 17, 2017
The management here is a mess. No one knows what they are doing. This place is ran by clowns. Avoid this job by all cost. They know certain people don’t do their job, and they still keep them around anyway. Which screws everyone else over. If you are old, then you have it made. You only have to learn certain parts of the job. You’ll never have to learn the full job and still get paid. This place is a circus.
Pros
Cons
Management lead by clowns, coworkers who don’t work, expected to do everyone’s job when you’re short staffed.
Hospital Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2017
Great support, good leadership, and competitive salary. Flexible hours, collaborative team. Customer Service focused, great knowledge, and investment in employees development
Poor Management
Biomedical Engineering Technician Level I (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 27, 2017
I was ignored when I placed complaints about my supervisor. The supervisor had created a hostile work environment and I had been complaining for over a year to my manager. When I went above him and contacted HR, my complaints were ignored and I was fired shortly.
Pros
starting job for bmet
Cons
poor management, hostile work environment
Poor management
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 20, 2017
Poor management. Overwork employees and would not hire enough help. Had no set time for calls to come in. Had no weekends off. Employees are poorly trained.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
fast pace
Customer Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 20, 2017
working is ok here at times told no O/T but on call at times from sat - Monday.
Delivery, driving trucks. Working with Hospitals Knowing that I'm a part of helping the medical field
Pros
fast pace in work in & out of shop
Cons
advancement
Life at uhs
Business Administrator/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2017
I started off as a temp working through a temp agency. Everything was going great until it was time for promotions and raises. This is a job that will leave you stuck in one spot and you can't move up here.
Great job with a friendly environment
Hospital Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IowaNovember 7, 2017
I enjoy working for UHS. You really put in the work, but the teamwork is wonderful! My supervisor is always there to help and answer questions. The atmosphere is great too, especially if you love being around people.
Pros
Great environment, great pay
Cons
Not enough hours (I am part time)
Laser energy for surgical procedures
Specialty Surgical Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2017
Operating room sales.
Laser Certified technician.
Poor product inventory affecting the ability to sell.
Work life balance.
No advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Poor product inventory affecting sales
Promises Promises
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 4, 2017
Company has not turned around. Massive debt on junk bonds, worthless options. Millionaire leadership who does not care about the working man or woman.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Culture, Leadership, Vision
stingy pay increases. district manager is only concerned with the numbers
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2017
No matter even if you rate as the perfect employee. You'll never receive more than a 2% raise. Thus there is a ton of turnover. At least 9 delivery drivers in 2 years and they only staff 4 of them.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
terrible raises.
Fst ii
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 1, 2017
Not enough continuity throughout the company on the CE side of the business. Inconsistency and liability leaving technicians vulnerable to work complications.
Overall, good place to work.
Biomed (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2017
Good place to work with good resources for career patching and advancement. Frequent cross-training classes held in various medical equipment modalities.
Nice place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
It is a Good place to work, a very well work /life balanced organisation, and very good focused management, and group of good employs,.........................................................
good place to work
Hospital Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 1, 2017
it was a good place to work, the crew was nice. I do believe that the company catered a little too much to the hospital staff, who abused our services. Other than that no problems
Great Company, Horrible management
Hospital Service Technician Level II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Well tenured hard working employees are treated the worst of anyone. You would be lucky to get a raise of 25 cents (Annually) and forget about getting any kind of promotion.
Great workplace.
Biomed Technician for Moffitt Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  moffitt cancer center tampa floridaSeptember 24, 2017
Universal Hospital Services was a very great place to work. great and friendly staff. Work was never stressful very easy and didn't take long at all to get a hold of things. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Poor Leadership
Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2017
The local branch does not support independent thought or value individual differences. This branch only values bottom line budget even if it means compromising the needs of employees or customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Hospital Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight