Universal Orlando Resort Employee Reviews

Ok plsce to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2018
The companny is good but poor management. Love to help the guest in avery way, making their vacation memorable but difficult to do because of the system
Pros
Have the chance to help
Cons
System never work
Loved it except pay
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Though I was training my co-workers, I was the lowest paid. I am a woman and the company hired a man in with no experience and paid him 10 cents less than me. The manager would not talk to me after I put in my notice.
Pros
Fun
Cons
low pay and possibly sexist.
The best company ever
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2018
This is by far one of the best companies you could ever work for. The guests, the environment, your coworkers, everything and everyone is just amazing.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2018
The people and other employees are friendly and awesome at universal. It’s a hot environment but it’s not as bad as you think. Great place to work
For
Pros
Free admission to all parks
Cons
No enough hours
Would Work There Again
Cashier/Box Office Agent/Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I loved working at Universal Orlando Resort. I had the pleasure of working there over the span of five years on and off. I moved up through the company quickly and each time earned a raise for every new position. The management knows what they are doing and the benefits are wonderful especially if you are a fan of theme parks. If I ever had the opportunity to work there again I would!
Collabrative Work Place
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work , just do not be late or call in too much. Other than being strict on call in and late policies Universal Orlando is a great place to work, great co-workers and great management.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
hard to get full time
Fun place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Great pay and great benefits. Fun place to work. Employees are happy and stress-free most of time. Lots of different departments to work in. Three shifts to work in and can transfer to another job if you don't like the one your in.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Hard to get weekends off
Employment Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Working for Universal was a valuable experience in that it has become a large and fast moving company that has not yet caught up with its growth. The corporate messages are not carried through from the Executive level. In my opinion, the Management teams are not equipped with or experienced enough to handle the growth that has occurred. Consistently they have shown lack of compassion to conflicts within the workplace and inability to resolve diverse situations in the process. The Manager's do not know how to handle conflicts when they arise in a professional way. They have repeatedly turn a blind eye and proven incompetency to valuable employees. I would not recommend this company for future leaders.
Pros
Creative environment that is on the cutting edge of technology!
Cons
See Review
Work hard for what you want
Attraction Attendant, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Your working hours are not fixed, and you are scheduled two weeks in advanced. I learned that there are a lot of opportunities working at Universal Orlando; however, you need to work your butt off for it. There's not a whole lot of development in Attractions Operations, which causes lots of stress and being stuck in the same position for more than two years and tire you out. There's a lot of culture at Universal, since everyone from around the world comes to visit this theme park. The hardest part of the job is definitely standing outside in the Florida heat for long periods of time. Also, the wages for hourly team members are low, and there is no such thing as over-time unless desperately needed. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with some of the best people you could ever meet.
Pros
Culture, Meeting new people
Cons
Management, No fixed schedule, Low wages
Fun place to work. Knows how to support thier workers
TEAM LEADER ATTRACTIONS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2018
I loved working at Universal. It is never the same every day. I learned how to deal with Guest Service, meeting many different people from all over. I had the chance to learned and grow as a person.
Pros
Park fun
Cons
Outdoors, weather issues.
Great for young people while in College and seniors who want a fun part-time job.
Team Member Merchandise Harry Potter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Enjoyed working in the Harry Potter parts of the park. Was able to trade shifts and pickup shifts easily. Full-time usually get the better shifts but part-time and seasonal the later less desirable shifts. Get paid to have fun!
Pros
inexpensive meals, discounts
Cons
varying hours and late shifts to 2AM during seasonal events.
Too many people with bare qualifications
Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2018
The problem with Universal is it's all about networking. They created a program called DLT that acts more as a networking opportunity for team members looking to enter salaried management. Only a few haven't completed program and got positions based off of qualifications, merit and knowledge. Too many people who don't have basic skills not sufficiently doing their jobs being advanced quickly because of culture. You end up with a lot of senior/executive management that shouldn't be in position their in. Harassment, discrimination and more are common.
Fun work place
Steward/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Great jobs , awesome people , great weather to be there . Lot of fast pass jobs but always a opportunity for any body to get a job. The vibe of being in the park where you could make people day better is awesome
Cool job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2018
I actually enjoyed this job they pay wasn't so good..nut the reason I left I had to relocate love that you get to go to a couple other theme parks for free and you get to meet different people from all over the world
Fun and fast paced location
BUSSER (TRAINER) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2018
We have a lot of guests coming to aour restaurant or our versatile menu. We have a theme of old school Universal Monster Films. Our theme really gauges our guest to excited for Halloween Horror Nights.
Pros
Lunch Vouchers, some food events
Cons
short
Productive and fun place to work
Security Officer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2018
The best place I have ever worked. This people became family. I wish the points policy system was different where you don't lose points for being sick or other unexpected life uncontrollable events. If it was that way I'll still have my job because I love working here!!
Pros
Great leardership and staff, discounts, free events for employees and lots more!
Cons
Point system gets you terminated even if is emergencies you cannot control.
Great company to work for.
Tech IV Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Great company to work for but need another part time job to pay for living expenses. I had really good managers and in general the company treats their employees very well.
great place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2018
universal will teach you everything you need to know. coworkers are happy to be there and will ensure your success and the success of the venue as whole. those who dont like to work there will complain the whole time.
Many are blinded by free admission perks.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2018
do job and stay out of sight, lots of wrong go on. retaliation, insults, abuse of power, threats. High Turn-over is proof. Kiss up or get kicked out.
Pros
Free tickets, some dept get free meals
Cons
Supv abuse of power, retaliation, uncomfortable workplace
It was really fun
Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2018
I love working there with a lot of cool guys, it was a job that I felt confortable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Orlando Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight