Universal Orlando Resort Employee Reviews

Very Laid Back and a lot of fun.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2018
While working at Universal can be stressful just like it's Disney counterpart nearby. The difference between the two is almost night and day. Universal is much more laid back and much easier to understand. Management is friendly and often very understanding.
Great place to learn and grow
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2018
Universal has many opportunities to grow and learn more about the entertainment district. Great opportunity to learn about the hospitality industry as well.
Fun Workplace
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 14, 2018
I've spent sbout 5 years with the company have loved every moment of it. I have worked in three different departments and have found that attractions was the best place for me. I enjoy the busy lifestyle within the park and all of the great benefits.
Was a fun place to work.enjoyed seeing people having fun.
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 13, 2018
This company makes promises that they don't keep. Management didn't treat people fairly. I enjoyed interacting with the guests and especially putting smiles on the children's faces.
Pros
free park admission
Cons
no advancement like they say.
Great teamwork
Team Captain Confisco's (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2018
Great teamwork from everyone in the restaurant, made going to work very enjoyable and all working for the same goal. Busy work environment at times but was manageable with everyone's help.
Great Place to work
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
You make tons of friends when you work at universal. Moving up is really easy when you work at universal. Management works with you if you have things going on outside of work, they work with you to help you. Benefits included getting free passes to the park for friends and family, but also a pass for you to go into the park with no block out dates. They provide insurance for full time and part time employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Stocker Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
Universal is an amazing fun place to work and the best part is you get into the park for free.. Thats right the best part to work for them is getting in the park and nothing else is really that great.
Training
Attendant Food Cart (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
Their training needs some work. Everyday that I was schedule for training, they had no trainer to train me. I felt that it was easy to talk with the leaders.
Exciting place to work
Guest Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2018
Great place to work, you have valuable time with guests an get to know their stories and assist them with an inquiries or concerns. Management there was always supportive and engaging.
Alright
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2018
It was honestly alright. If you're only there for the paycheck, its worth it but if you want to develop, its a different story. You have to make friends and be unprofessional, and if they dont like you, you're not getting promoted.
Benefits
Not for the Inflexible
Customer service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Universal Studios, FLMay 1, 2018
Resort work is not easy, and is often thankless. Fast paced, high stress, but rewarding. Hours are rough, late, early, and sometimes inconsistent for non full time.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Noise, Busy
The staff is a good one and it is a enjoyable place to work.
Chef Garde Manger Loews (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2018
I worked for Loews so I can not say what it is like to work in the parks.I mainly worked as upper management and Banquets after 10 years of being in the hospitality business. I did enjoy putting potential clients in awa of our service standards as when I was at the Hilton Orlando. As banquet chef I was in charge of writing custom menus the were designed to blow the clients minds away! That was by far my favorite positions I have held in a corporate environment.
Pros
Time off when not needed to be actually at work, good team work, opportunity to advance
Cons
Long hours, high stress, tough budgets
Universal Orlando
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 28, 2018
Universal Orlando is an amazing place to work, filled with many opportunities to grow professionally. The management and staff were amazing. They always treated me with respect.
Pros
Professional Growth
Fun place to work
Clerk Ill (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 28, 2018
Enjoyed being apart of the guest's joy and excitment. Management worked along side of the employee for most part. Sufficient training to due your job, givein the oppurtunity of advancement and the allotment of park passes.
Pros
Park tickes
Cons
Long commute, Long drive time
Merchandise Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2018
Universal was an awesome place to work with , with the exception being that once I became a mother and had less hours that I could work they did not want to work with it, as if they did not care about my personal life.
Great benefits and employees, subpar management
Costuming (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 25, 2018
If you enjoy being part of a large corporation, being one of the numbers, but receiving great benefits this job is for you. Advancements within may happen but may take a year or more, patience and dedication is required.
Good Job, Just Be Prepared To Stand A Lot
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2018
I really like Volcano Bay. It is a good job that comes with loads of benefits. Entry level pay could be better and there is a lot of standing but a good, energetic, upbeat atmosphere.
Pros
Vouchers for people who work in food, free passes for self, and others
Cons
long days, a LOT of standing, low pay
customer service
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2018
I learned a lot about customer service. Working at a theme park really opened my eyes as a very young teenager at the time to working hard to please the customers and making sure they have a great time at the park.
Not your Ava trace job
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 22, 2018
It’s a really good place to work at if you like interacting with people and like to be occupied most of the time. There is a lot of walking and standing involved.
Universal Orlando
Busser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2018
Very friendly coworkers. Good benefits but only if you work full time. Good perks such as free entry to the parks for employees and complimentary tickets. Management was good. Got busy at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Orlando Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Universal Orlando Resort Reviews by Location