Universal Orlando Resort Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Attractions Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2018
Good place to work if you need a basic job with low pay. Yearly "merit based" pay increases in attractions is around 25 cents. Not a wage you can survive on.
Fun to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2018
Everyday is full of excitement. I learned how to start random conversations with other. The managers are friendly and makes working fun. The hardest part is when the season is in and the pace is fast.
Fun place to work, no tips for servers, friendly staff
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2018
It is a very nice place to work, and the perks are endless. The only thing I have wrong with working at the location I work at is that I’m not scheduled enough to make money, it’s a far commute from home, and busers/servers/food runners are not tipped. But the management is very friendly at my location and very interactive.
Pros
Free lunches, free admission to parks, discounts
Cons
Short breaks, non tipped, point system, medium pay rate
Productive Workplace and Fun Team Members and Guests
Merchandise Associate I (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2018
Overall, in the past 3 years, I find myself still one of the few working hard but getting no recognition for what I give to this company. I also see how much my team members are this huge that I didn't need but love. I have learned to have more responsibility for myself and for others; I all about teamwork but sometimes I'm the only one working. The hardest part about my job is how much I get paid for the amount of work that I do everyday. I have lupus and I truly can't do this job forever even though I love it so much. I mean who wouldn't want to have wand fights with kids, be able to show kids how to put there house robe on. And it's even better with the adults that have saved all their money just to see Diagon Alley. And being full time I have great benefits. I just wish the shirt I sold didn't get paid more than me.
Pros
Full time benefits, workplace culture, and free entry to many other theme parks
Cons
hourly pay, lack of recognition
Fun place and you met a lot of different people.
Wet n wild (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2018
Universal studios is a fun place to work at they give you good hours but they are very strict and very organized. They worry about the customers fdccf.
Pros
You get good hours
Cons
You will be outside all day
Fun place to work.
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2018
Universal is a fun place to work. Great benefits, great teams, awesome atmosphere. If your work hard you can move up, but make sure you are dedicated.
Pros
Getting in for free
Cons
working holidays
An Okay Place to work
OPERATIONS HOST (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2018
I was hired for Halloween Horror nights in 2017. I enjoy the late nights because I was also a full time student. I was looking to leave my current job that I was at. After Horror nights ended I was transferred to a full time attraction. Guest were hard to deal with, and I had to travel quite a bit on property just to get to the location to clock in after changing wardrobe. But I loved my Supervisor.
It infrastructure
Manager, Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
Petty people, throwing you under the bus to save themselves. They will blame your teamn for other department failures. They use bogus excuses to affect your employment.
a great company to work for
Boat Captain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
taking quests from city walk to hotels driving and docking boats talking and answering quest questions ongoing training for safety and first aid to help persons in need
Pros
very good workplace culture
Cons
no cons
Ok
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2018
I was in food and beverages, overall it was okay. Actually your teammates make your day. There are some nice guests here and there in my opinion its the locals, but the working there isn't all that bad.
Lack of management and Stressfull situations
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2018
Since I started working with them I’ve been super stressed, lifeguards are not getting paid enough for all the things we are asked to do. Benefits for part time people are barely none just 3 comp passes every 3 months. They had lifeguards watching water for more than 10h (14h to be exact). In conclusion working for this company can be a mess.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
No good benefits or treat from management
Eh
SEASONAL VENDOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2018
It was enjoyable when it was a summer job for a college student. within the company there are many different departments and all operate mostly individually and inconsistently. Wages are low in the industry and benefits are non-existent for seasonal workers.
Fun work place, but youre just a number
Runner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2018
Fun place to work, you get to meet alot of good (and bad) people. Although the management can be very lackluster at time, they also tend to use favoritism when it comes to advancement. In the end it's a great job with decent pay, but you will be treated as just a number.
fun place to work for
Coordinator, Fulfillment- Guest Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2018
a typical day of work is about 10 hours and it consists of working on tasks and answering phones. The culture of the place is that it is all about diversity.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for growth inside department
mnagemnt
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
Management was good, they always make sure that they were taking care of their team members and making sure they had the days off they needed. Plus the benefits were really awesome while working there
Theme Park
Event Operations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
Working at Universal Orlando as an event guide had its ups and downs like any job. It always had great energy and fun interactions with our guests. However the management team was not great and angry guests are never fun to deal with.
Empresa dinamica
Atendente bilíngue em restaurante temático (Former Employee) –  Orlando, Florida/EUAJuly 30, 2018
Foi uma experiência sem igual, muitas oportunidades e sem cair na rotina.
Very fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 30, 2018
such a really fun workplace make me meet new people everyday coming from around word , when its busy the day goes so fast witch i love that ,this job helped me a lot to improve my English meet new people and got a good experience in customer service .
There's pros and cons...
Entrance Operations Turnstiles Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2018
There's definitely opportunity to grow but management totally plays favorites... The team in general is really fun and great. Working conditions and equipment leave a lot to be desired... They really need an update and overhaul on the systems in place. It would be nice if they didn't let guests bully us so much for things that aren't really our fault.
Pros
Lots of team outings, Good and fun incentives, lots of perks
Cons
Short breaks, Hardly any breaks, Standing for hours on end outside, Rude guests
Good benefits, jobs aren't super difficult, but terrible management
ANIMATION & SHOW CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2018
Management uses threats and retaliation to prevent their reputations from being damaged and when something bad happens they cover for each other leaving the smaller people to clean up the mess. Terrible for harassment especially during night shift jobs. Cannot trust HR with any issues. Great pay and benefits though.
Benefits
Cons
Management, threats of retaliation, sexual harrassment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Orlando Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight