Universal Orlando Resort Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2018
I love My job with universal, i make great money, work with a fun group and get park perks like tickets, merchandise and park adminision discounts, as well as como passes for my family
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hiring requirements for management is questionable
Fun Coworkers and Guests, Poor Organization
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2018
You'll have fun with Guests and Coworkers, but the way the company organizes the Security team is very poorly, making many officers unhappy. Many want to quit, but have no where else to turn to. It was improving, but quickly declined after making some changes.
Pros
Free entry to Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Universal + Free tickets.
Cons
Uncomfortable workplaces, such as too hot or too cold with little to no help.
Good place to work, but crazy hours
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Universal, but the hours I was scheduled were flucuating and rarely consistent. This job also demands a lot of you physically. But I met some great people and had a lot of fun while working most of the time.
It is fun
Second cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed the timw i spent with the amazing team i worked with. All the benifits they provide are just as great. They also have an amazing way of showing appreciation.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Tickets
Cons
Fun workplace, but really exhausting
Photographer/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2018
It was a fun place to work at, but temperatures are extreme and they don't care if you're too hot, or cold. Good discounts, can get into seaworld, busch gardens, volcano bay, aquatica, islands of adventure, and universal studios for free. Discounts on Disney passes too! Only give two free passes a year for you to bring a guest. Amazing discounts at Universal hostels and all around the park. No health benefits though. They don't offer many job advancements and the pay is alright, but definitely not enough for the work you do there.
Pros
Discounts and Access to Theme Parks
Cons
30 Min. Break, long shifts, tempermental
fast pace job
Attractions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2018
have to be very attentive to detail with every situation. must always be in character. they offer a lot of help and benefits for almost any situation you can think of. very by the book but over all great company
Love the company
Team member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2018
Good benefits, good pay, good team, great management, fun place to work, room for growth, easy job, flexible with your schedule and patient with the guest
Pros
Lunch 1hour long, good benefits, good pay, good management and team members
Best job ever
Attraction Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2018
Universal holds a special place in my heart even before I started working here. The team members I work with and the guests I see every day are the reasons that I want to come to work, to make a memorable experience for the guests.
Great company, job security, very good benefits.
Park Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2018
I'm still working in Universal, not planning to leave any soon I had learned to appreciate working for a good company, so far I enjoyed my time here and I want to grow with the company as well.
fun amazing
halloween horror nights (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2018
very great place to work and be a part of a company thats very diverse and treats there team members well you get good benefits and perks theres tons of opportunity to move up within the company
best first job
Attractions operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2018
You will meet new people every day. The best first job you will ever have. Everyday is always different from the previous day and you can enjoy your day.
usually fun place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2018
With the right crew, your day is always quick. Pay is decent with tremendous benefits from park entry, discounted merchandise and food, to big employee holiday sales.
Pros
discounted lunch for food and beverage
Cons
short breaks if you gotta walk far.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
I love working for Universal Orlando Resort. This is a great company with great benefits. I'm very thankful for every opportunity that the company has given me.
Great people though not for everyone
Cleaning and maintaining an orderly work space (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
It had it's ups and downs since the flow of people traffic differed by the times. Though the coworkers there made it a rather great time to ease the day away. The hardest part honestly is just when guests would trash places and leave some ungodly messes.
This job sucked!
Busser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2018
I worked in food and hospitality and basically once you're employed you are a number. You get no chances to slip up during training. Everything reflects upon you as a worker and no responsibility is taken by the hiring company as to their working conditions and hardships put upon employees. They just don't care.
Good company to work for.
Steward (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2018
My job is a fast paced job. The day goes by real fast because we are so busy. I have a job and that really counts. I was hired immediately. They are very flexible if we need time off for whatever reason.
Pros
Very good caring managers.
Cons
I would like to be paid a bit more for my job performance.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 28, 2018
Working in Universal is a fun way to start your adult life, working in here is super fun, you get to come to the park for free in your days off plus you get a 35% off on merchandise.
Ride attendant, Guest safety, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
This is the best place to work if you are young. If you want to meet new people. It is fast paced, exciting and thrilling. The hours are great as well.
Pros
mulitlpe breaks
Cons
On your feet.
Letting me go because of Chronic Broncitus?
cashier (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 23, 2018
I applied and got the job at Universal thinking it was gonna be great.
Went thru 3 orientations, all 8 hours each, including my first training day.
I had to call off due to serious illness, after that, they've never scheduled me or called me. I checked the schedule everyday and even called Universal and the manager, just to receive an ignored call. I left a message and ever since then, I never got a message back.
Universal is unprofessional in certain areas and seriously need to take a look at their employees and staff.
I needed hours at a time that I truly needed a job, and they offer me none all because of chronic broncitus?
Universal has a point system and i had enough points to work again and even still , did they not get back to me.
Very disappointing. Because now it's been a month, since my last training day.
benefits
Cons
no hours
great place to work
UPRV Sales counselor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2018
Close work environment Great Coworkers , Ive learned How to deal with difficult people and how to Deescalate Guest , the upper management here is amazing the Supervisors Need Much Training, hardest part is nothing is hard,I Love most my coworkers and the perks We receive here all in all Universal Orlando resort is an amazing Place To work
Pros
Comp tickets to Parks and Hotels
Cons
Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Orlando Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight