Universal Primary Care

Working at Universal Primary Care: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

Nursing

I have worked at this company for more than 20 years. I feel it is a secure place to work. There have been many changes including EMR upgrades and system changes as well as management. My employer has been very supportive and suggestions for improvement within and outside my job.

Very poor training program

The patients were friendly, so were most the staff. They do not give proper training, and the office manager acts like your an inconvenience when asking questions.

Universal Primary Care insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Excellent place to work

Great management and adequate support staff for providers. Limited benefits but liberal policies regarding leave for family or health concerns. Integrated, culturally diverse environment.

Very nice staff

Very generous benefits and great staff. Very community focused and overall wants the best for its’ patients. Organized and management is helpful. 7/10.

Family Oriented

Family is very important to UPC with staff and patients. For the most part UPC was a good place to work, the pay in my department could be better. They have a great PTO program and are very leniant and flexible if time off is needed.

it was fast paced, but in a friendly environment

I would have stayed working with Universal Primary Care, but chose to move back to WI to spend time with new grand baby and my other 2 children. It is a good place to work. I am blessed to have met so many good people there in my past 3 years.

Pros

paid time off, and good benefits

Cons

traveling at certain times

Multiple location isssues

This was a great company to work for and there were multiple satellite offices which were upgrading and expanding. The company's transition was a bit difficult for most employees as there were personnel changes and policy changes being implemented during this transition.

Career change

I have been an employee here for 14 years. I am looking for a change in my life as far as my career. I have held down many positions here and I feel like my advancement can go no further.

Decent place to work

UPC is a decent place to work. Currently there is no CEO and jobs are changing on a regular basis. The organization has its ups and downs. I have been happy at UPC but wold like to advance my career.

Your typical Primary Car Office

Management at the time of employment lacked in office etiquette and thought much more of providers than lower position employees. Salary was on the low end ,even for that area.

Fast paced

This job takes empathy, and a tough skin. There was a lot of drama and I felt management was very unprofessional. The hardest part of my job was trying not to take the stress home on the bad days.

great company

Universal Primary Care was bought by Adventist Health Physicians Network I worked with this company from beginning to the end. the manager was unbelievable. she started from the front desk and worked herself up to manager. she needs a pay raise.

The company itself is good.

This is a normal 8/9-5, 5 days a week job. I learned everything I needed to about medical reception- phones/records/charting/messaging/scheduling. The workplace could be a bit cut throat. It has it's cliques, as would any office with that many women. There are a lot of good people there too.

Pros

rep lunches

Cons

pay rates are low

Federally qualified patient centered home

UPC is a federally qualified patient centered clinic, non-for-profit. It has a sliding fee for uninsured folks and they have been expanding their services (on-site counselor, health insurance procurement, etc). Compensation is below average but good health insurance coverage!

did not like working here

there was a lot of drama. everyone was not treated equally. The boss made friends with employees and did not treat the people she was not friends with fair.

I don't have anything to say

I don't have anything to state. It's been several years since I worked here.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

the work/training is good

the management here is very "clicky". The work is easy, and spread out well. The sattelite offices are great to work in. less pressure. They don't give you a hard time if you have to call in once in a great while. You are either on phones OR at the window, not both.

Pros

free lunches, insurance

Cons

management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Primary Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits