Universal Supply Employee Reviews

Universal is a great place to start
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJJanuary 8, 2019
Good company to learn at. They offer a fair starting pay for those who are inexperienced. They’ve taught me a lot in my time there but now I’m ready to grow more.
No comment
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 4, 2018
No comment
I will not make things up for this review...
]No comment on how things work because it will not matter much to the overall culture of the company...
Pros
Some good people when you find out who they are
Cons
Nepotism
Fun
Lead Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 16, 2018
Good place to work for.hard working. Fast paced. Customers are nice. Employees are friendly. But it is outside year around. You have to be able to receive product and count products. And build orders. Keep your area clean.
Good Company
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJJanuary 12, 2018
I learned a lot working there. Very well organized and forward thinking company. Ownership is very hands on and customer focused. it was easy to sell due to their fantastic product lines
and many branches.
I liked working in a relaxed atmosphere
Administrative Assistant to Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJOctober 13, 2017
There were no typical days at Universal. Every day brought a new client. I was given the more important clients to make sure their order was correct. I enjoyed this job and was the only job I have had where the dress code was comfortable and safety minded
Pros
being out in the fresh air
Cons
exposure to different outdoor weather climates
Fun work place
Accounts Receivables and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJAugust 2, 2017
Universal Supply was one of the best jobs I ever had. The company was privately owned until they sold it in 2007. The owners took pride in making their employees happy. The management were all friends and made friends with you. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
nothing
Safety is disregarded.
Worker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 24, 2017
Management has no regard for the safety of employees. I have never seen anything like it. Especially scary as this is part of a nationwide company. I saw violations every day. They are interested in the bottom line, and not the employee, no matter what the company tries to pass off as its "culture". I worked very hard, and was told I needed to improve, while others slacked off. I hated coming to work. A very bad experience.
Pros
Pay was a little better than average for the industry but still not in line with what was expected.
Cons
Lazy management, safety nightmare, hostile work environment
Sales of building supplies
Administrative Assistant to Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJOctober 3, 2016
I was responsible to get reports into main office from previous day's sales by 8am. Receptionist and manager assistant as needed. Was assigned to deal with higher end clients to insure accuracy and timeliness of delivery. Inside customer service and maintain accurate pay roll reports. Maintain inventory and returns.
Schedule incoming trucks for delivery.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
incoming drivers who did not make an appointment
I miss working at Universal.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJApril 22, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at Universal! You were always treated fairly and felt you were part of the team. The Great Recession 0f 2008 caused many Layoffs along with mine. Would go back to work for the in a New York Min.!!
No advancement
Outside Salesman (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJFebruary 15, 2015
I was is a small non growth territory with no room for making more money. The town was done growing in the housing industry. My sales would go down yearly if I stayed
Cons
challenging,fun hard satisfying work,thought provoking input allowed
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Hammonton,NJJanuary 29, 2015
organizing my team to start the day for the work ahead of us. Making hard work fun and having a team approach to distribute the work load. Support from upper management to modify and improve processes was outstanding.
Pros
benefits with 401k, stocks, medical
Cons
some long days
Low employment turn over
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hammonton, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Universal is a great place to work. The people are great and the environment is productive.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Relaxed work enviroment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hammonton, NJApril 24, 2014
A typical day at my desk is hectic and fulfilling. I have learned many duties that an assistant controller would perform daily. Management does not stand behind you while you work and co-workers all have different personalities. The hardest part of my job is providing self-assessment for yearly performance reviews. The most enjoyable part of my job is being respected by my co-workers
Pros
Management is good to employess
Cons
Can not move up
A good place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJApril 16, 2014
co workers were good to get along with. Management help you out alot with work or time off when needed.
Productive Workplace
SALES & MARKETING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hammonton, NJMarch 16, 2014
Management appreciates creativity and task management capability to complete tasks according to corporate needs that affect the bottom line.
Pros
Lunch breaks, Holiday party, Company picnic