Universal Survey Center

United States115 reviews

Universal Survey Center insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction

Was a fun experience

Got to meet a whole variety of people, learned a lot working there. Took surveys on pets, cars and oils, telephone providers, gave incentives for some surveys.

A great second job

A good place to work for low stress additional income. Very simple assignments and a challenging workload if you really want to stand out as a top worker.

Pros

Close to public transport, easy assignments

Cons

Short work hours, difficult call quotas

Good place to learn

This position is the front line of collecting data before doing analysis. So it’s critical job. It also gave me the opportunity to talk to people and learn from their lives and activities. But the work is very tense and pressure if you don’t get used to it.

Pros

Good place to learn

Cons

Too noisy and pressure.

Fun workplace ....that is all th

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Universal Survey Center is nothing extraordinary nor special. We all just took care of our phone calls....our surveys and went home that is all.

There’s strict monitoring to ensure interviews are 100% accurate and factual

It is a good company where they work on the clock and they don’t slack off. They keep an eye on the employees and if the job is really you it’s enjoyable!Don’t apply if you don’t like being on the phone interviewing people.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

The employees background checks are too cryptic & disturbing

I really don’t have anything good or bad to say about this company to be honest so please do not make me fib I guess the lunch breaks were pretty okay

Pros

Cons

Boring

Terrible environment

There was no opportunities for new workers to receive training and thus they wouldn't get hours. The same people were picked for every schedule opportunity every time.

Good relaxed ck.

Treated fairly.bilingual rate.worked complete hours. Allowed to work extra hours. Compliant w/ request day off.allowed to make up hours and missed days.

Miserable Workplace

When I worked for Universal Survey in 2013,they told me that I was going to get $7.50 per week and they only paid me $7.25 per week. They call me every day to report to work and have me and other employees in the brake room for hours and then tell us that they are sorry they won't need us any more. Most of the time when they assigned us to a task after 2 hours they tap us on the back and tell us to get ready to leave.they told us that it was a full time position and that was not the ccase.

Pros

you can cancel at anytime

Cons

Very demeaning place to work

Regular

The surveys were too long. The consumer didn't want to do surveys at dinner time, Questions were redundent, there was favoritism on the job amongst supervisors and employees. The workplace was filthy.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Universal Survey Center?

One of the worst jobs i ever had

Let me start off they had me and other people waiting in a small lounge area and the supervisiors would call out the names of the selected few who was gonna for for the day. And it seems like they just hire anybody you never know who is sitting in the booth next to you. Plus the days I worked I was getting sent home by them smart aleck supervisors for not making the quota they require. One day I walked in was selected to work Sat down for a few minutes and then walked out never again will I work in that bingo hall they call an office

They would hire anyone

Any monkey can do this job.Calls are placed on an automatic dialer, strict adherence to scripted dialogs made it difficult to convince people to take surveys. Must have a thick skin between constant hang ups and being cursed out.

Pros

flexible hrs

Cons

short breaks competitive environment

very upbeat and fun place to work.

I enjoyed working for this company because they made you feel welcomed and they were very friendly. I was able to do my work and was excited to do so, every day.

work you hard for little pay

A typical day I would call homes in the evening hours asking people about the consumer products that they use, entering the data into the database. oo

Pros

Cons

if you do not call a certain amount of people, you get sent home

productive and fun place to work

the job was easy and they offered schedules appropiate for employees. i was always comfortable there and ready to work. ii enjoyed working there and was with company for a year

Pros

good location

high volume

This job consist of making phone calls getting peoples opinion on a particular product. I was calling people all over the world and it was amazing to connect with people to do a very long survey it wasn't likely that people would participate especially if the questions are redundant. Sticking to the script speaking verbatim and being bias. The only problem was the supervisor would be literally over your shoulders screaming to get surveys or go home, that was pressure and i been sent home before like others, every day can't be swinging from chandeliers. However I enjoyed the most part of the job, especially when I get a customer that wants to talk and talk which I can listen all day but not my job I had to redirect them nicely to the next question while they are in the middle of their sentence

Pros

lunch break

Cons

being sent home

no need to worry

company was so bad it no longer exists lolol they forced you to come in wait in a small hallway with other workers and your Id was the last of your social just to find out its first come first work for this place (felt like a immigrant looking for work)

Pros

Cons

the job itself was a on

Must be very quick reading survey and must enter information fast as well.

Interview people on the phone for survey. Must record their answer exactly as the interviewee is saying, and must also read exactly what is on the screen.

pace your self

they pretty much want you to come in everyday to see if they need you and send you home after filling their quota for jobs for the day so you pretty much get paid less for bieng a successful worker.

Pros

you dont have to go in everyday just the mandatory days per week

I hated the job honestly

The respondents were rude & nasty , the majority of the staff working there were just there because it was either the only job they could find because they had committed serious offenses or didn’t take the job seriously because it was just a requirement from HRA

Pros

I don’t have pros to be honest

Cons

The staff & the respondents were rude

Like High School

It was like working in a high school cafeteria. Sometimes, fights would break out, and disrupt calls for everyone in the center. Hygiene was an issue for lots of people. Breaks were short. Sometimes, you'd arrive to work a shift, only to find yours had been cancelled without notice, and there was no work. No work = no pay!

Pros

Incredibly flexible schedule

Cons

Unpredictable hours and hostile work environment

Common questions about Universal Survey Center

Answered by current and former employees at Universal Survey Center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Survey Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

2.6
2.1
2.5
2.6
  • Universal Survey Center
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?