Universal Survey Center

Universal Survey Center Employee Reviews

United States111 reviews
I really don’t have anything good or bad to say about this company to be honest so please do not make me fib I guess the lunch breaks were pretty okay
Pros
Cons
Boring
It is a good company where they work on the clock and they don’t slack off.
They keep an eye on the employees and if the job is really you it’s enjoyable!

Don’t apply if you don’t like being on the phone interviewing people.
There was no opportunities for new workers to receive training and thus they wouldn't get hours. The same people were picked for every schedule opportunity every time.
Treated fairly.bilingual rate.worked complete hours. Allowed to work extra hours. Compliant w/ request day off.allowed to make up hours and missed days.
When I worked for Universal Survey in 2013,they told me that I was going to get $7.50 per week and they only paid me $7.25 per week. They call me every day to report to work and have me and other employees in the brake room for hours and then tell us that they are sorry they won't need us any more. Most of the time when they assigned us to a task after 2 hours they tap us on the back and tell us to get ready to leave.they told us that it was a full time position and that was not the ccase.
Pros
you can cancel at anytime
Cons
Very demeaning place to work
The surveys were too long. The consumer didn't want to do surveys at dinner time, Questions were redundent, there was favoritism on the job amongst supervisors and employees. The workplace was filthy.
Let me start off they had me and other people waiting in a small lounge area and the supervisiors would call out the names of the selected few who was gonna for for the day. And it seems like they just hire anybody you never know who is sitting in the booth next to you. Plus the days I worked I was getting sent home by them smart aleck supervisors for not making the quota they require. One day I walked in was selected to work Sat down for a few minutes and then walked out never again will I work in that bingo hall they call an office
Any monkey can do this job.Calls are placed on an automatic dialer, strict adherence to scripted dialogs made it difficult to convince people to take surveys. Must have a thick skin between constant hang ups and being cursed out.
Pros
flexible hrs
Cons
short breaks competitive environment
I enjoyed working for this company because they made you feel welcomed and they were very friendly.

I was able to do my work and was excited to do so, every day.
A typical day I would call homes in the evening hours asking people about the consumer products that they use, entering the data into the database. oo
Pros
Cons
if you do not call a certain amount of people, you get sent home
the job was easy and they offered schedules appropiate for employees. i was always comfortable there and ready to work. ii enjoyed working there and was with company for a year
Pros
good location
This job consist of making phone calls getting peoples opinion on a particular product. I was calling people all over the world and it was amazing to connect with people to do a very long survey it wasn't likely that people would participate especially if the questions are redundant. Sticking to the script speaking verbatim and being bias. The only problem was the supervisor would be literally over your shoulders screaming to get surveys or go home, that was pressure and i been sent home before like others, every day can't be swinging from chandeliers. However I enjoyed the most part of the job, especially when I get a customer that wants to talk and talk which I can listen all day but not my job I had to redirect them nicely to the next question while they are in the middle of their sentence
Pros
lunch break
Cons
being sent home
company was so bad it no longer exists lolol they forced you to come in wait in a small hallway with other workers and your Id was the last of your social just to find out its first come first work for this place (felt like a immigrant looking for work)
Pros
Cons
the job itself was a on
Interview people on the phone for survey. Must record their answer exactly as the interviewee is saying, and must also read exactly what is on the screen.
they pretty much want you to come in everyday to see if they need you and send you home after filling their quota for jobs for the day so you pretty much get paid less for bieng a successful worker.
Pros
you dont have to go in everyday just the mandatory days per week
The respondents were rude & nasty , the majority of the staff working there were just there because it was either the only job they could find because they had committed serious offenses or didn’t take the job seriously because it was just a requirement from HRA
Pros
I don’t have pros to be honest
Cons
The staff & the respondents were rude
It was like working in a high school cafeteria. Sometimes, fights would break out, and disrupt calls for everyone in the center. Hygiene was an issue for lots of people. Breaks were short. Sometimes, you'd arrive to work a shift, only to find yours had been cancelled without notice, and there was no work. No work = no pay!
Pros
Incredibly flexible schedule
Cons
Unpredictable hours and hostile work environment
It is the worst place to work in, HR is the worst, you have weed heads working alongside you. Not a professional environment to work in. They're rude.
Pros
theres no pros
Cons
Everything you could think about, they don't pay and no room for advancement.
It is good place to work as part-time employee, since they let you choose which day you want to work, the time is flexible. However, I do not like the company location, which is too far from my home, i need to take 1.5hours subway to work.
A typical evening required you to call homes, interviewing consumers over the telephone, while entering the answers into the company's database. If you did not get the required amount of calls after 2-3 hours, you were sent home. This can interfere with how much you're paid every week.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
called customer's homes asked to give personal opinions on certain appliances electrical sectors different cellular companies entered input of honest opinions
Pros
steady work
Cons
n/a
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Survey Center. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7