Universal Windows Direct Employee Reviews

Drove all over N.E. OH with a pitch for anyone who answered their door.
Sales (Former Employee) –  7813 pl. 1 oakwood OhioApril 4, 2018
Horrible manager. The guy had some major issues. Our store was the very first UWD. Got great advice from the millionaires who started the business. All of corporate men worked in our office.
Pros
Got bonuses for each sale we made
Cons
Knocking on people’s doors in bad neighbor hoods in the dark.
Growing Organzation
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2018
UWD is a fast-paced and growing organization. The growth of the organization allows for advancement. Coworkers are amazing and the overall culture is one of the best I have ever worked for.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Activities
Cons
Parking
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2018
This company is a complete mess! Disrespectful management! It is only a matter of time before a lawsuit is filed against them and they get shut down! The management is completely disrespectful and do not care about individuals or families! They deserve what is coming! The environment is hostile and they verbally harass women in the office. They do not pay you what you deserve or earned. I would not recommend them to anyone who is professional. They brain wash you and tell lies at every sales meeting and make you feel like your job is on the line everyday!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Bad work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2018
Worked there for about 5 months. No respect from certain corporate men, constantly screaming and using vulgar language (the president of the company, especially) Their behavior is arrogant and crass. The office manager likes to control everyone's job and is very shady. Would not recommend this job to anyone unless the work environment changes but some of the higher ups in this company treat their employees with such disrespect. Not a trustworthy company. This company has poor communication between offices and very un-organized. Benefits are some of the worst benefits I've seen and pay is not that great either. Just some of the many reasons I chose to move on with a better company.
Pros
Did NOT have to deal with certain people from the Cleveland office on a daily basis
Cons
Horrible management and certain corporate men
Unorganized growth
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHJanuary 1, 2018
The company is expanding quickly, but management is very unorganized and unless you enjoy hearing men constantly yelling and swearing in the office, this job is not for you. Upper management is rude, crass, and expect you to suck up to them. Male dominated. Your voice as an employee does not matter. They claim there is room for advancement but there is not. Stayed here for a few months but got out. The product is great but lack of good management is a problem.
Pros
They will buy pizza for the office occasionally
Cons
Not a lot of PTO, male dominated
Great Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2017
If you love sales and money this is the place to be. Really flexible schedule and lots of freedom. Great team and support. Best part is not having to wake up every morning to clock in and out.
Pros
Plenty of free time
Cons
Need to use your own vehicle (the money makes up for it).
Growing company, great place to learn skills
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2017
I started working here with the intention of this being a temporary job. I quickly realized that this company has a lot to offer someone who is willing to work. This company often and actually prefers to promote from within. This is a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Pros
the people, the atmosphere, the pay, cross training opportunities
Cons
parking until we build our new headquarters
Terrible
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 3, 2017
Even though this job was temporary and part time, it was a poor working environment with shady management happening behind the scenes. I would not recommend this job.
Cons
Great job, horrible people.
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, OHAugust 10, 2017
I did enjoy my time at UWD. My boss was fantastic, and I loved working for him. It's the people above him who caused me to rate so low. They couldn't care less about you and will happily fire you to save a buck.
Pros
Manager is great and the pay is solid.
Cons
Everyone above him is a greedy scumbag
Shady company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHJuly 11, 2017
Incompetent management, far from transparent, poor compensation, lack of parking at office, and no base salary. They do not promote within the company and there is no work/life balance.

Want to know more about Universal Windows Direct?

Ask a question
rude
team member (Former Employee) –  charlotteJune 1, 2017
not a good company to work for. they are rude and don't care about their employees. they lie, don't train well. Put you in dangerous situations. Horrible work experience
Have to be productive to survive.
Inside Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHMay 29, 2017
No advancement potential is the main reason why I left. High pressure sales tactics are a dying breed as well. Bonuses effect the amount of federal tax dollars you get back which should be taken into account. The occasional free lunch and "team" bonding experience were a nice touch but not enough to make it worth it in my opinion.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, 401k
Great place to work!
Administative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OHMarch 7, 2017
I have worked at Universal Windows Direct since last year. This is a great company to work for. The company is growing and giving their employees the opportunity to advance their careers. I would highly recommend this organization.
Overall Great Company
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OHMarch 7, 2017
My overall experience working at Universal Windows Direct is that it is a great company that continues to grow and advance their employees. The employees here are great and work together to accomplish our goals.
Amazing Opportunity If Your Willing To Work For It
Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 23, 2016
First and foremost UWD are dealership locations so each one has a unique culture and opportunities. I work at the Toledo Ohio location and it has been amazing. I have worked in other franchise environments and the support from corporate is second to none. This is not for someone who wants to come in clock their 40 hours and go home with a hefty check. Just like most areas in life you reap what you sow. Each person gets out of it what they put into it. Whether it has been myself or coworkers I have seen people fail horribly and be miserable because they weren't trying or putting the effort in. I also have seen people reach incredible levels of success. This is a great career for the right person.
Pros
Pay, Management, Culture, Growth, Experience
Cons
It can be a slow process to build a new brand in a market.
okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonner Springs, KSAugust 9, 2016
it was a good job, they were just really unorganized and didn't really go through the steps on how to do your job completely, it ws always so hot outside and didnt really help you out.
Pros
the pay and the people
Cons
they were not organized
i would not advice working here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2016
did not pay there reps fopr anything except a sold job and even that if a job was sold under a certain profit margin then the rep got nothing
Disorganized company
Project Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 27, 2014
This is a new company in the DFW area. They do not have jobs ready for employees, there is no pay for training or any other compensation besides sales (and there are not jobs to conduct sales). Commission that should have been paid has not been received. Do not compensate for gas or mileage, which is mandatory and constant.
Pros
Sales and understanding boss
Cons
No work to be completed, no other ways to make money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Windows Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6