Universal Employee Reviews

Have a nice site and a lot of stores
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2018
Like to make sure people don't get lost or be square n danger love to help the elders out. Great work place give you a opportunity to walk around different sites see different things meet new people
Pros
Nice cow workers
Cons
Need healthcare
Auto Nation Ford
COURTESY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 12, 2018
As a Courtesy Driver and Valet, I interacted with the public on a daily basis. Listening and lots of patience with the customers was very important in doing my job. The workplace culture was not one for collaboration. Everyone was doing their own thing. Communication was the hardest part when working on the property due to the fact that not everyone had access to a walkie or cell phone.Working for the location manager was enjoyable.He was patient and answered any questions that I had.No question was a bad question. He treated his employees with respect.
Smyrna universal
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 9, 2018
Job has buddy system Certain drivers get more overtime then others poor management always And trucks don’t really have good ac bad equipment stay away better jobs out there
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Bad benefits
tech
Technician, Cox (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 29, 2018
typical work day was always different
and fun
learned teamwork
diverse
knowing that i did my job right
this company thought me how to manage
my time ans set career goals
and the chance to better oneself in a strong
work place as a woman
Pros
the benefits
Cons
work load
Good work place
guard (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, VAMay 26, 2018
Gotta be able to work at a fast pace and multi task the best you can. hardest part is to help the customers the best way you can but its never good enough.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pay is low
Productive and fun
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2018
Universal park maintenance consists of cleaning restrooms, servicing restrooms and detailing the park on a time frame. Management lacked communication
Good
Cat Desk adjuster-job required (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale FLMay 10, 2018
Cat conditions, cold rooms, nice people long days management was good, security was extreme. hardest part of my job to stay warm!!
People were great.
competitive
Bilingual Telephone interviewer (Former Employee) –  new york nyMay 3, 2018
very compettive, u must get to work way before your shift to even get a seat even when your assigned to a work station you get to work and it can be given to someone else
Pros
location
Cons
work ethic
Not sure if I would take this position again.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2018
I took this position because I had recently relocated from another part of the country. I did not intend to work as long as I did. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
Good group of employees
Cons
Management needs to progress with current trends.
its ok
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 18, 2018
work is very easy, its alot of down time. Plenty of over time, an a good work place nice workers and nice staff. working with all types of car parts pay is good
Fun Interaction with people around the world
Orlando, FL 32819 - Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2018
Working at universal is great to see the many walks of life joining together to accomplish one goal, and that is having fun with the family. Sometimes being in the presence of many people seem daunting but knowing i can help put a smile on someones face helped me strive for 150% everyday.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working there, made great money. Just about always had a load for the next day, sometimes even had more work after doing first load. A great place to work hands down.
Pros
Dependable, great pay, excellent loads
Cons
Sharing building with another company.
Fun place to work.
Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2018
I would sell guest tickets to meet there wants and needs, Ensure to educate them on our parks. I learned that even though it's a huge company the still treat you like family. We had people from all over the world loved the diversity. My hardest part of the job was when parents would buy tickets from scammers and having to hear how they spent money on tickets and found out they were fake and have to buy new ones. But my favorite part was knowing that if a guest dropped popcorn or a drink I could make their day by replacing and make them smile again.
Pros
Making guest memories great.
Cons
Hours where sometimes slow.
Very bad company to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 14, 2018
Had to be the Worst company i worked for in my 40Yrs, cheated me out of 20.,000 dollars for detintion before leaving i sat for 8 weeks uith no pay,i was told that where was no work yrt other truck was working.
Enjoyed the flexablity working from home
Service Delivery Manger / Integration specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, PA (Remote employee)March 8, 2018
Working at Verizon was a great experience. The Universal Identity team was great to work with. Our product UIS was sold to another company. If I had a chance I would welcome a return to Verizon or any other company that is involved in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) space.

Being a Project Manager onboarding new customers onto the UIS environment was always rewarding. Leading other team members was a great experience. Had an outstanding team to work with!

Becoming familiar with Online Antecedent in the NIST Identity proofing process was rewarding with using UIS for Electronic prescriptions for controlled substances (EPCS) with both large and small EMR providers. I also led projects to integrate UIS with Adobe eSignitures.
Pros
UIS was a great product in the two factor authentication and Identity proofing
Cons
Not enough resources were provided to make UIS even more successful.
Job Pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Company does not pay very well.

Fun culture though.

If you are looking for connections, this is a good spot.

Its in Santa Monica which is a plus, but living prices are expensive.
Universal Studios Hollywood
Maze host (Former Employee) –  Universal Studios, Hollywood, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Maze host greets guests and helps them with information and direction. Prep the metal barricades to guide guests to our maze. Helped with guest concerns.
Bad
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIFebruary 21, 2018
Not a god job at all very cold bad people don’t care about there Employee have to come in to work early every day no lunch break at times because of work
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
10 mins
Universal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Working at Universal was a very fun experience. The atmosphere is very face paced, and energetic. One of the things that I most enjoyed about working with this company is meeting people from all over the world.
Pros
Growth, Benefits, Flexible
Cons
Hours
Boring workplacea
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2018
A typical day at work and management is terrible. The work place is busy. The hardest part is doing reports on incidents. The most enjoyable part is the end of the day.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
no benefits and terrible pay