University at Albany, State University of New York

University at Albany, State University of New York Employee Reviews

Good place to work, decent pay for SA job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 7, 2019
SUNY - Albany provides good opportunity to support your day to day expenses working as a student assistant. Depending on the course and the number of students in class the amount of work involved in grading varies but very doable.

The professor in charge of the course was very understanding and provided all the necessary help/solution for the job.
One of the best jobs I've ever had.
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 5, 2019
This is one of the best jobs I've ever had. I would welcome the opportunity to return to work. But the position was a temp position. I was employed there for 14 months
Pros
Loved going to work everyday
Cons
It was a temporary assignment
A very supportive environment
Assistant Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 2, 2018
My Job at the University at Albany was tough but due to the excellent leadership, I was able to learn to work in the busy environment and grow as a career woman.
Positive Energy
Graduate advisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 19, 2018
Everyone I work with is a positive person. You're hard pressed to find someone not smiling. We get along really well, work together really well, can confide in each other easily. Working on projects is pleasant and there is a consistent feeling of "we got this!"
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
None!
This was an internship
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 19, 2018
I had the opportunity to be a teaching assistant in a psychology class one semester and jumped at the opportunity with an old professor. I don't regret taking the opportunity!
Very slow-paced job with very little to do
Performing Arts Center Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 21, 2018
I did the bulk of the work at this job. There was more than one department and I was the only employee in my department. The job didn't cause stress. The management was very laid-back and wasn't really invested in giving me things to do. I often found things that needed to be done on my own.
Lack of hours
Kitchen Manager Halal Shack (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 3, 2018
They would lay off during holidays and summer time. No room for advancement. Busy place to work alot of students to feed. No time for breaks. Other then that it was nice working there
Rroductive and Fun learning experience
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 2, 2018
The job was extremely fun, as I was able to make many new friends, as well as enjoyed what I was doing, no matter what it was. The hardest part of the day was traveling home, but atleast I had the next day to look forward too.
Not a safe place to work at
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 29, 2018
A very unwelcoming place to work with. No formal training for new Graduate Teaching Assistants. No suggestions were taken from the employees by the Supervisor.
Pros
Cons
No job security, Unfair evaluation
Job History at UAlbany
Recreational Manager (Current Employee) –  Physical Education BuildingMay 31, 2018
When I began working at the University as a lifeguard I didn't realize how involved I would become in the community. I met a lot of amazing people who helped me get through my four years of college. Everyone continuously supported the decisions I had to make when working in this environment and encouraged me to become a recreational manager.
Productive and organized workplace
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 25, 2018
Working with the university gave me the necessary tool to learn new skills as well as enhance my professional life. With the workplace being organized and having diligent coworkers, I knew I was bound to learn something new almost daily.
School of Social Welfare is a great place to work!
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 24, 2018
UAlbany's School of Social Welfare is filled with great staff and faculty who are eager to help students succeed. It is truly a great work environment!
Inspiring
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 23, 2018
I learned all different teaching styles and different ways to communicate with people in order to help them understand what they were learning. The most enjoyable part of the day is when a student finally understand something and their excitement that comes along with it
Huge Employer-Lots of Variety
Professional Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 23, 2018
Any one review for UAlbany would be difficult to capture all the diverse experiences and working conditions. I spent my time in an office setting located within an academic unit. Pay wasn't the best, but the collaboration among professionals was great.
My time as a part-time lecturer
Part-time Lecturer of course CRJ 202 (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 21, 2018
We went to the class with the students, which met two days out of the week (Monday and Wednesday). The class was an hour and a half, an consist of law, state and federal cases, and the Constitution. I learned how to assign homework and grade exams. My supervising professor was great. He answered all my questions and helped me through the grading process.There was a good workplace culture, and my hiring supervisor was excellent as well. Hardest part of my job was explaining to a student why they did not score well on an assignment or exam. They look at you with defeat in their eyes- it is very saddening.
Fun research and a great place to learn
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 16, 2018
As it was student assistant researcher position, the job was well. The hours were relatively minimum, and when you got to the job it was a very collaborative work environment. I learned a lot which is very applicable to possible future careers.
Pros
Like taking another class yet getting paid to do so
Cons
Short hours so not much money is to be made
na
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 4, 2018
Fast paced environment and great place to make connections, best part is being able to advocate for others. Hardest part is you are unable to make everyone happy but this job is rewarding
The job was not so fun and the pay was very little.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 21, 2018
The job experience there was not so great our pay was very low not only that it wasn't a real job it was like a gig.People that I worked with were pretty rude and racist to me and family members that worked there. No equal respect was there nor treatment wasn't fear with any of us.
Pros
Nothing free was given at that job as well.
Cons
It was not that much breaks there.
experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 15, 2018
Being a student here has really opened allot of opportunities for me and has allowed me to learn so much. Being able to see different aspects of things and being able to learn off other people has been amazing as well as doing community service
Pros
opportunities, community service
Great
ITS Help Desk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 14, 2018
Very Flexible Work Hours. Management is extremely accommodating and understanding. Expects to portray yourself in the most professional manner possible.