University at Buffalo Employee Reviews

Creative and fast learning
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 7, 2018
Chefs the review how you work and get you pass your goal your willing to receive and overcome to new goals in cooking. Well mannered customers that makes it a breeze to serve them.
Pros
Confidence in cooking experience
Cons
Service lots of people
Great people
Resident Advisor (RA) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 27, 2018
Friendly staff who are willing to take the time out of their day to help you out. Flexible hours and accommodating to students with a hectic schedule as well
One of the best places to work
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2018
It's been a privilege working with UB family, they treat you like you are one of them, the hardest part of the job is giving the right advice to right students sometimes you think you saying the right think but it actually never works, so be careful while giving advices.
Great Job for a student
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 29, 2018
My job was very understanding with my school work and encouraged me to continue my education. I always felt like I had a good support system and no matter what I needed help with, there was always someone willing to help me.
Great school
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2018
UB is one of the best college in New York. I loved studying there and completing my study. I still miss the environment and always looking for excuses to go back.
My opinion.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 18, 2018
it was an open , space where there was alot to learn. Working on the business side of things I was able to learn , alot of office skills and work on handling alot of book keeping, note taking and general fast pace of an office.
Pros
internship for experience.
Cons
no upward mobility.
Good to the student workers
Undergraduate Teacher's Assistant (UTA) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 16, 2018
I was very happy working at the school as a UTA. Being that it is at college, most of the positions open take students, and as a result, are very lenient and can cater to just about any schedule. My job was not stressful as there wasn't a heavy workload, allowing me to balance my job well alongside my classes. It was fun collaborating with other students and professors as a team, and being that the job is enjoyable as long as your heart is in it, anyone would enjoy it.
stop
Intramural Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 11, 2018
this wasnt a job it was my school why do you guys insist on making us fill in random and pointless reviews please stop wasting anyones time imma copy and paste this
Good and comfortable place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 8, 2018
I'm A Ph.D students, my work at University at Buffalo was to cover my tuition fees and get me chance to develop my research. UB is good place and it gives chances for the students to work and study
productive and fun
College Student (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 24, 2018
I'm in my first year of college here at the University at Buffalo, in Buffalo, NY. I suggest you go to college. This place isn't that bad. I feel it will put me in a good position for the future.
Working around college kids in a fast/busy environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2018
A lot of time off during school time off for example, Summer, spring break, thanksgiving week, and winter break. Pretty good training program before you start to work. opportunity to move up to manager positions if you work hard and show promise.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
a lot of breaks during the year.
Friendly environment
Adjunct Professor, Computer Science Department (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 21, 2018
Great place to work, the surrounding culture is exceptional. I am thankful that I was lucky enough to be afforded the opportunity to receive employment here.
Relaxed and very cold
Assistant Lab Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 17, 2018
Too relaxed and slow but people are nice
and Nice health care services for students and staff.
You must have a car for going out. But Every building is connected to escape from the snowy weather
Fast paced/relaxed
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2018
Depending on where you work within the university of buffalo, it either could be relaxed or fast paced.
Overall it was worth it, you get to meet a lot of people and I learned a lot.
Great place to study and work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 12, 2018
As a student and a worker, UB Managers do a great job accommodating your schedule while still giving you adequate work time. I made money, wasn't stressed, and was not burdened by too much work. It is great
Pros
Easy, relaxed, worth it, fair pay
Cons
Nothing Really
It's a place where you want to be.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 7, 2018
I like breaking things apart, join different parts together and build new things. This is why I choose to be in UB school of engineering. The place has so many opportunities and countless resources that that helps go forward and full fill your dream. Most of all everyone here is so friendly, you will never miss your home.
Event Managment
Student Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 5, 2018
I would join other students in organizing sports management, taking tickets, setting up, organizing the stadiums, food, tickets, people. I learned how to take directions correctly and give information accurately. The hardest part of the job was not getting paid enough. The most enjoyable was making sure everything worked out and everyone was enjoying the games.
Lifeguard
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 3, 2018
A good group of co-workers and amazing facilities for a perfect environment for work. We learn a lot in this job because of the diversity of cultures, and our Aquatic Director.
Decent jobs but terrible pay
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 22, 2018
People are nice but pay is not. Tuition has been rising like crazy but pay remained the same for almost 10 years. Graduate students have been constantly arguing for better pay. I hope the situation will improve.
Overall great part-time employment
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2018
I have worked as a tutor for my final two years at the university, and it was a great place to work part-time. It was convenient as well as allowed me to engage with students and share my passion.