University at Buffalo Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Intern
Community Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 25, 2018
I learned a lot about myself through this internship. However, I would not recommend this as a placement. I also did not have a very good liaison. It was not a good experience.
Perfect part time job
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Everyone here is laid back and it makes for a great part time job. They know you put your education first so therefore their deadlines are agreed upon with you rather than just telling you when they need it by.
Pros
Good boss
Cons
Can get boring
Self-rewarding and Quick pace
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Through working as a tutor, peer mentor and TA I was able to learn not only about myself but my students and the education system. It is important to be organized, be able to multitask and be adaptable. A typical day would be about four different appointments vary in course. The most enjoyable part of work was seeing the joy and excitement when a student understood the concept we were learning.
Pros
Rewarding, Motivational
Cons
N/a
Fun and easy work place.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 27, 2017
Great job with a great staff and management, everything was straight up and to the point so you were never confused about the work you needed to do and I️m glad I️ worked there
Great Place to work
Residential Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 20, 2017
The department prides itself on advancing their staff. Opportunities to develop professional were given and strongly encouraged. The staff is great to work with and is a very diverse community.
Working and attending UB is great
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 9, 2017
I recommend working for UB even for a semester it is great to build relationships and network for advice for example. It is also good experience depending on what you need to graduate.
Productive and fun work place
Student-Athlete Support Staff, Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  University at Buffalo Student-Athlete ServicesOctober 30, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with athletes. They are fun and personable. A typical day at work was easygoing and manageable. Whenever i had a problem with a student, my manager was helpful in answering any questions i had.
Pros
Comfy places to work and sit.
Cons
Did not pay enough
Fast paced and educational
Graduate Assistant, Supervisor for (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 23, 2017
Working at the University at Buffalo will help you grow your mind and continue your education at multiple levels. It is enjoyable working with new students and encouraging them, though ti can be hectic at times.
Great place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 11, 2017
The office I worked in was great, the senior staff and my supervisor were very helpful and I learned how to work in an office environment. I would highly recommend anyone to work here.
Excellent experience with students from America.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldy Hall at University at Buffalo, NY.October 9, 2017
I have to attend class twice per week to assist my professor to teach in class, and complete office hour four times a week, four hours totally. I really love communicating with my students both in English and Chinese, exchange our different cultures and improve our language ability together.
Pros
Communication skills and accumulate teaching experience
Cons
Busy work.
Productive and friendly Workspace
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 18, 2017
University culture is humble and positive. All the employees are helpful to each other and work balanced and planned. One of the best places to work in Buffalo.
A Great Place to Learn
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2017
There are lots of great opportunities to learn and grow. HR provides lots of workshops and classes to improve your skills. Once you have a positions, benefits are great and the retirement plans are wonderful. There are lots of resources ofr you and you have the opportunity to work and collaborate with faculty, staff and students across all campuses.
Overall good
STEP Tutor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Good people, however there are often a lot of last-minute changes by management which often means you have to account for unexpected surprises. Otherwise, the people are great, but the surprises are frustrating at times but still manageable.
Good environment to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 20, 2017
I focused on the renewable energy storage devices, especially for Li-air battery and supercapacitor. The environment is good and people is nice. Good place to learn.
great place to work
Financial Aid Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2017
great place to work, lots of opportunity for advancement. They understand the value of family. Understand that there is more to your live than just working
Very supportive faculty
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 2, 2017
Faculty members are very supportive and everybody in the department are so friendly. But you need to be clear about what you need and what you want in order to have a balanced job/life style.
Very flexible with school schedule and Great supervisors.
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2017
My time with UB was a great learning experience. My supervisors were able to give me clear directions on what needed to be done and they were very flexible with my prior school commitments.
Ta
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 9, 2017
Hardest part was not being too nice. Most students were ok, but a few would try to take advantage of you. If you give them an inch of rope they'll try to hang you by it.
Dietetic Intern
Dietetic Internship Emphasis (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 23, 2017
As a dietetic intern completing a Masters degree a typical day was busy. I had to allow for time to complete homework, study, attend classes and work forty hours per week to complete my required supervised hours.
Great Opportunity
Teaching Assistant(CSE 116) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 21, 2017
On a typical day of work I'll spend the first hour helping students out with their recitation activities. During the second hour, I'll go over a programming lesson relevant to what they're learning such as queues or stacks.I also have a weekly meeting where all the TAs and the professor review how the course is going and how it should progress. Finally, I hold office hours where students can ask me for 1:1 help.
Pros
Great environment, positive impact on community