University Clinical Health Employee Reviews

UCH is a great place to work
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2019
I have enjoyed my employment with UCH thoroughly!It is fast paced, but that just shows how well we are doing!We have amazing management and leadership.
Pros
Management, teamwork, fast paced, collaboration
Growing organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2018
University Clinical Health, also known as UT Medical Group, is a growing organization. In the past year we've acquired 3 health care organizations and have plans on acquiring more.
Hands down: great place to work
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  1407 Union AvenueDecember 11, 2018
I've been in the workforce for more than 20 years and University Clinical Health is the best place I've ever worked. Leaders at every level of the organization are engaged and willing to roll up their sleeves to lend a hand. I can attest to having a supportive leader that allows me use her as a sounding board for thinking out loud as well as the authority to use my best judgement to make decisions that impact the company. The environment is fast-paced and the work is consistent and meaningful. Cross function collaboration is common. Compared to other places I've been employed, the benefits are excellent. Having access to some of the best physicians in Memphis is a 1000% bonus. My colleagues are top notch and treat each other like family. We have potlucks, contests, and off site events on a regular basis in order to stay connected to each other. (Our clinics are at multiple locations.) UCH lives its mission and I am extremely proud to be a part of the team. I believe that my contributions to the organization bring value and make a positive impact.
Pros
Business casual attire, medical, dental, company paid disability, life insurance, paid time off, flexible schedules, free and secure parking, opportunities for growth/advancement through continuing education or position; mileage reimbursement
Cons
No donuts
No loyalty to employees . BEWARE
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 9, 2018
They recently took over the facility that I work for. They came in and changed all her benefits. They took away our holidays and made us take holiday hours out of our PTO. They will try to convince you that you were getting better but they are not. You will have a long work days and with low pay. Management is only concerned about them yourself. I love taking care of my patients and what I do. Upper management is not willing to work with employees that are part time.
Pros
The doctors are nice.
Cons
Management and benefits are horrible.
Horrible
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2018
This company is HORRIBLE! If you’re not a provider, then you get treated like nothing. Strong nurse manager, but management is weak. The employees are underpaid, but overworked. A lot is put on the CMAs and nurses. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. It’s all about making an extra dollar. The employees do not matter. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Schedule (M-F)
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, weak management
Productive and Collaborative
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2018
Large enough to have growth opportunity, but not so large that you get lost in the shuffle. Great boss and I would highly recommend this place for employment.
Pros
Great pay and advancement
No idea how to manage
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2018
UCH has a very bad reputation. They have no idea how to manage and they do things backwards. They will tell you one thing but never deliver. They are clueless how to organize and communicate.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
You will be given more than you can handle of other tasks
Growing Practice
Revenue Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2018
The organization is growing and changing daily. New jobs are being created and new locations are being added. Some change is good and some happens too fast.
Pros
Growing
Cons
No Change management
Stressful, unorganized
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  930 MadisonMarch 24, 2018
Think twice before accepting this job. You don't get off at 5. Privider tell you one thing and then say she didn't say i. They make patlent wait if they miss appointments.
Pros
Helping patients, a few good coworkers
Cons
Long hours, stressful, unorganized, a few messy coworkers
Read the whole book before being too impressed by the cover
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Park Avenue, MemphisMarch 19, 2018
If you're an LPN working in this clinic you'll have a few more responsibilities than the rest of the CNA's that work there. The clinic staff is 95% CNA's, who are not very accepting of teaching from anyone, let alone an LPN. The management has NO CLUE how to run a clinic or what the day to day ins and outs are like. The only person in a management position that has ANY experience in the medical field is the nurse manager, who happens to be a LPN as well. You WILL NOT get a raise, even if you are promised one in your contract, or given a promotion. They want you to "justify" why you deserve a raise. The pay is not competitive and they literally rob you by the amount of money you have to pay for medical insurance. This is the first company I worked for that did not contribute to premiums.
The residents and the majority of the attending physicians are amazing to work with. Just don't try to make friends with any of them or else you'll get in trouble like I saw numerous people do. Little consistency with anything around there. Steer clear from this place if you want employment.
Pros
8-5(ish) Monday - Friday work schedule
Cons
Insurance, Co-Workers, Management, Attitudes
a typical day at work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2018
can be stressful great staff wonderful doctors we are a good team always helping each other when help is needed we have great leads which are lpns the management is good no complaints there
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
no paid holidays
On the right track
Marketing (Current Employee) –  1407 Union AvenueJanuary 13, 2018
Confidence in management and mutual respect has provided for a great working relationship. Offered a lot of creative freedom with the appropriate amount of accountability. They are working hard to increase team morale and fix any operational issues and are interested to hear your feedback. Overall, very happy with my switch to University Clinical Health and looking forward to growing alongside the company. There is a lot to do, but I enjoy the work
Pros
growth potential, mutual respect, compensation and benefits are fair
Cons
work load can be heavy
Innovative, Collaborative, and Welcoming Company Culture!
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with an engaged staff and a team oriented environment. Management is always supportive and a great resource. Many opportunities for advancement.Great place to work with proper work/life balance!
Great people to work with
Revenue Services management (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2018
I've been with UCH for just over a year and love the people I work with. The pay is competitive and benefits are above average. UCH is growing with plenty of opportunity for growth.
Pros
Fast paced, great people, great benefits
Management Staff clueless
MOA (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2017
The management staff is unprofessional and have no idea what they are doing. They talk to us staff like we are nothing and treat us like outsiders. They do not ask for our opinion on anything and we are the first point of contact.
Pros
Get off at a decent time
Cons
Unprofessional Unorganized Never appreciated
extremely busy
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2017
i would recommend a friend/s to work at UCH. But you have to have the ability to multitask and have excellent customer service. if you do not have those things, you should not work for UCH.
Relaxed and enjoyable place to be
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2017
Great co-workers, learning experience, great physicians, management is cool. Overall good place. The insurance is a bit costly, especially for the little guys like myself. The hematology office is a great place and they care.
Worst job ever
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  UT DermPathJune 2, 2017
Very unprofessional staffing. Worked as a lab assistant for UTDermPath. Ladies in the office talked about everyone & would email each other across the room and talk about me. The group was not open into letting new comers in. They stayed within their little groups. Very uncomfortable environment and low pay
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Consider all options before leaving current job.
Histology (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 26, 2017
UTDermpath department leadership team/employees are very unprofessional and could use ethical training courses to possibly change the high turnover rate for such a small department . I learned to research and consider all options before making a career change. The most enjoyable part of the job I unable to recall, but what's not workable for others may be a great opportunity for someone else. Good Luck!!
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Management/ employees
not a productive place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  primacy parkwayMarch 30, 2017
great co-workers
huge work load and not enough pay
no communication
a lot of favoritism
not enough workers, so they overload the ones they have with no appreciation
no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Clinical Health. Our community is ready to answer.

University Clinical Health Reviews by Location