University Enterprises Inc Employee Reviews

Good work for Students
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Many of the jobs posted are for student assistants, and you are only allowed to work 20 hours per week and you can work 40 hours when school is not in session. If you are a student assistant you max out after working 1500 hours which is around a year and a half if you only do 20 hours a week. It is a good job for students who need a little extra cash or to build upon their resumes.
Pros
You set your own hours based on class schedule
Cons
Only allowed 20 hours per week
Great Job to Start W/
Cold Runner/Hot Runner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 2, 2019
It was my first ever real job and I learned a lot from that job. I learned how to cooperate with people that had different ideas and people that were difficult to work with. All in all there aren't many complaints other than the general higher pay that most students require to survive in this state.
Pros
Worked with students, extremely flexible with schedules, reasonable supervisors
Excellent Management
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 23, 2018
The management and training staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. They take the time to answer questions and help the new hire learn the ropes. They give pay raises every six months if the candidate proves they have earned it.
Easy relaxed pace and flexible hours
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2018
As a student, usually don't have tasks that have deadlines, as they know you have classes and may not be in on a daily basis (depending on which state dept you're working in). However, it was steady and were guaranteed up to 20 hours/week during semester and up to 40 hours/week during breaks (winter, spring, & summer).

The dept I worked it was quite and they trust you to do your job. My managers were great and they try to get us together for lunch or outings sometimes and lots of food events during the holidays. I learned about data entry and analyze incoming information.
Pros
Flexible guaranteed hours, accrued sick hours, decent pay for students
Cons
None I could think of
good way to gain practical experience
Project Field Manager (Current Employee) –  6000 J street, SacramentoJune 27, 2018
This company is meant to provide students an poortunity to gain meaningful and practical experience in their field of choice. The hours are extremely flexible and the ability to work remotely is a benefit.
Typical Day
Information System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 18, 2018
The work experience was a great one. I worked pretty hard, and the company treated me very nicely and in professional ways. I loved working there and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Great place to work for students
Sutter Health Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 12, 2018
University Enterprises is an agency that connects students with jobs and internships. This agency helps you to gain experience in your desired field. Overall, this is a great place for students to be introduced to the work place.
Good work environment if you like to be in an office
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2018
Depending on where you work it can be stressful or relaxing. You learn a lot about Microsoft office such as excel, word, and access. Management is okay in a sense they give you a good amount of time to complete assignments.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Sit in a cubicle all day
Enter with Caution
Neurofeedback Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 24, 2018
Nature of work is fabulous. Difficult management. Potentially toxic environment. Navigate with maturity and care. Nobody has your best interest in mind so it is important to advocate for yourself. Great place to learn about the world of work, and gain experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Potentially Toxic
Tech
Assistant Information System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2017
Loved working as a student for university enterprises, the team was great and workflow was very well organized. I had this job when i was a student way back in 2008
Senior Accounting Assistant
Senior Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 27, 2017
Best group of people I've ever worked with. University Enterprises has great benefits and a welcoming environment. The job was diverse with challenges that kept me busy and possitive.
Awsom student job
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 4, 2017
Great job working for a great employer. I was fortunate enough to be selected to participate in a research effort at Sacramento State University. My supervisor was very friendly and very knowledgeable.
Pros
flexability
Cons
low pay
Fun and Laid back work place
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2017
I work for Epicure under University Enterprises. This place is a great place to work because they understand that you are a student and work great around your class schedule.
Very boring, not much support
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 30, 2017
As a part-time employee, I can't really rate some areas as they don't pertain to part-time employees. I feel isolated with little rapport with other employees. Not a job I wake up in the morning and feel excited to go to.
Productive and friendly workplace.
Part-time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 25, 2017
The courtyard Market is a great place to work, management is friendly and understanding. Co-workers are friendly and professional at the same time. Overall great store.
Productive and fun, people are nice
Senior Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 26, 2017
It's one of the best employers I ever had. The people are nice. Work load is appropriate for job title. Receive invoices from dining services and from other departments. A typical week I would process 200+ invoices generating 100 checks. Besides doing data entry, I create journal entries, reconcile accounts.
Great place to start
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I love that University Enterprises allows students a variety of places to work for, including the state. This is a great starting point and is perfect for CSUS students.
Fun Environment, and Fun Crew
Climbing Wall Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 20, 2016
Overall, a good place to work as a student. Flexible Hours and received free job training that would otherwise be expensive to obtain. Staff are friendly and almost all employees are students.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Possible limited work hours.
Not bad
Water Quality Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 21, 2015
Working here was okay. I got to learn a lot, but management was horrible. Didn't know what and why they are doing. Very unprofessional. It could be better.
Great and reliable place to work
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 16, 2015
Great place to work for as a student on Sacramento State campus, requires commitment because of the early hours that come with the job. Guaranteed a certain amount of hours each week and does not change without substantial notice.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Early morning shift