University Health Care System Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 13, 2019
I only left because I was part time and not getting enough hours. Had it not been for that fact, I would more than likely still be employed by the University Hospital as a driver.
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
Lack of hours
Very professional company
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 26, 2019
The pay may not be the best in the Augusta area considering the cost of living but management and Doctors make up for it. Very professional work environment.
Pros
Awesome health insurance
Cons
Wages are not very competitive
Terrible place
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 18, 2019
The work culture at University Hospital is terrible. The management is sexist, misogynist, and very prejudiced. Women are not treated as fairly as men and you have to do favors to get ahead.
Pros
Recognized company
Cons
Work is pressured; good ole' boys do well.
enjoyed been a treatment nurse, helping patients.
Wound Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Poor management level, poor communication, no incentive for employees., in general hard to maintain a happy day with all of this frustration.
But I was happy been able to apply my knowledge and skills.
Productive and Positive Place to Work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 4, 2018
Positive daily interaction with staff, patients,and customers. Management was very encouraging and motivating. The work culture was very team and family oriented. The hardest part of the job at times was doing inventory/truck. Everything else about the job was enjoyable.
A Great Place to Be a Part of.
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 9, 2018
Best Doctors, best associates. Proud of team.
Vital signs, registering patients, calling back. Discussing concerns with Dr. Follow up to ensure they have PCP, If not, I would get them one. Registration Receptionist duties as well calling patients, scheduling, greeting, answering questions, insurance information. Working closely with teammates to provide best care for our patients both medically and administratively.
Pros
Great People to work with.
Cons
There are none.
Very nice work environment
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 22, 2018
I really enjoyed working in the NICU. Great people. Face paced. The supervisors do their best to meet all your needs . Fellow employees are great to work with if you need to alter your schedule in any way. Loved working only 3 days and getting your 40hours
Good office staff
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  North Royalton, OHOctober 17, 2018
Very busy office, a lot of regulars, loved the staff but did not like that they would expect you to do more but would not pay more, Pay could be much better
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, not paid enough
Lowest paying hospital in Augusta
Authorization Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 17, 2018
University hospital does not match the cost of living in Augusta. There are no raises or cost of living incentives given out. They complain about budget but have no problem holding meetings bragging to their underpaid employees about all the money they're spending on other things. The workload is ridiculous and the turn over rate is high because they are an organization that does not valve their employees. Management is clueless. If you're looking for healthcare employment, university hospital should be your last resort. There are so many other opportunities out there that pay good.
benefits
Cons
No room to grow, no raises
Child's polyclinic
Nurse gynecology (Former Employee) –  North CyprusSeptember 19, 2018
1. My typical day at work was the day a lady 3 plates without no any complication.
2. I leaned how to care for people generally not only in the hospital. but both outside and inside.
3. I try to manage my time to patient time.
4.yes like they say, any were you go, you have to try in as much possible to adapt and manage there culture so that, you can be able to live and lean more from them.
5.the hardest part of the job was me being punctuality all the time and keeping the accurate time, sometimes i have another thing important to do, but must go and attend to the patient.
6. wen i do my work good, i feel very happy and working in child's polyclinic also gives me joy.
Pros
free 10 minis break every one hour
Cons
sometimes long if we dont have much patient in my department
Great Place to work and grow
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for the hospital, it was a good place to grow and move up in your career. they never let your work go unnoticed without some type of acknowledgement or rewards.
Unable to comment on this job.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 26, 2018
My time at University Hospital was short and I was offered another position with better pay. However I will say that this is one of the best hospitals in Georgia
My university hospital coworkers were like family to me.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 20, 2018
I truly love the people I worked with at University Hospital. When the job was taken from me, part of my soul was left there. I have never enjoyed a job more.
benefits
Cons
semi-secure work environment
Or
Registered Nurse Women's Center Surgery Unit (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 16, 2018
I loved working in the OR until I had to have arthroplasy on my right ankle and couldn't run or stand for 12+ hours a day. I would still be there if that had not occurred.
Pros
Loved the OR experience
Cons
Mean people looking to make others look bad
The best place to work.
PCA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 11, 2018
Great place to work fast pace family atmosphere patient-oriented great doctors great staff great nursing department an emergency room Department the best place to go if you're having heart issues
Hard work, heavy workload for PCAs
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 31, 2018
I worked at University, as a PCA, while attending nursing school. Though not entirely awful, I did not enjoy my time there. There were days I was assigned 20 + patients. Though there was some teamwork, a lot of times I had to do everything by myself, even with things that required more than one person. While some nurses are helpful, a lot them are too lazy to help you. Management does very little to help its employees. In more than one occasion, they had the audacity to pull employees from our bearly staffed floor to other floors- rendering us understaffed and overworked. I miss my coworkers, not the hospital.
Pros
Overtime is given all the time.....
Cons
Heavy workload, poor teamwork, horrible management...
Fun place to work
Registration Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 21, 2018
It was a cool temporary job for the summer, I liked the workers there they were all so sweet and nice. Also management was very good and providing us with support.
No Value System for Employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 19, 2018
Fast pace environment, company does not value their employees, terrible management, extremely high turnover rate, low pay, lack of advancement, and favoritism. If you're not desperate, please look elsewhere.
Pros
Co-workers, schedule
Cons
Terrible management, low pay, no value
High expectations for low compensation
Clinical Systems Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2018
Working in a hospital you anticipate that you could be needed at a moment's notice at any time of the day, but it can become difficult to endure at times when you are contacted even when not on call more often than not. This makes it very difficult to enjoy your time away from work. Most of this was due to management not reprimanding staff that abused the on call schedules. To add to this, there was no real career path, most people pretty much stayed in the role they were in with no real chance to advance their title or their pay.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Tough work/life balance
No Gratitude
Systems Analyst Epic Department (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2018
Not a good place to work. No pay increases or incentives. Management team is rude and unfamiliar with the applications. Uppermanagement takes a blind eye.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

University Health Care System Reviews by Location