University Health Care System Employee Reviews

No Value System for Employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 19, 2018
Fast pace environment, company does not value their employees, terrible management, extremely high turnover rate, low pay, lack of advancement, and favoritism. If you're not desperate, please look elsewhere.
Pros
Co-workers, schedule
Cons
Terrible management, low pay, no value
No Gratitude
Systems Analyst Epic Department (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2018
Not a good place to work. No pay increases or incentives. Management team is rude and unfamiliar with the applications. Uppermanagement takes a blind eye.
I'm looking forward to work in the facility everyday .
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 6, 2018
Residents are treated like family , all workers are working like a team.
Supervisors are educated and very helpful to the staff in time of needs. The organization are looking after the welfare of the employee and the residents.
Think Twice
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 28, 2018
Terrible management, team leaving one by one. Low Morale, Micromanagement to no end. They hire people with skillsets then don't ask for their input, they tell people what to do. Low pay. Lots of politics involved. disappointing.
Great Team Work
Nurse Manager, Medical (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 9, 2018
My peer and staff were fantastic. The organization provide great structure for policies and procedures. Enjoyed the structure and was a Magnet Hospital with lots to offer nurses.
Great company!
Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 8, 2018
I love my job here and wouldn't have wanted to start my hospital career anywhere else. I gained many skills that I may have never had the opportunity to learn elsewhere.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Pay
No job security
Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 24, 2018
Unsure of what they intend to do with my position in the future. Also too much responsibility for what they pay. No breaks for the most part. Now they are talking about possible lay-off.
n/a
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 3, 2018
I worked under a micro manager who was the worst boss I ever had. It was very stressful at times. The company itself was okay but the supervisor was the worst.
great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Evans, GADecember 27, 2017
great experience with typical coworkers and medical professionals, I learned the importance in attention to detail and occasional managerial situations and scenarios
UHCS is a progressive moving facility that is looking toward future changes in medicine
LPN (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 1, 2017
It's fast paced. When the census is low or you've worked extra hard to catch the day up, you're flexed off for the rest of the shift using your vacation pay or time off without pay. There is no overtime, even if you come in to cover a call in, you have to take a day off at their discretion. There are opportunities for learning as we have all sorts of students and the inservices or education classes really help the seasoned personnel to stay in the know
Cons
Full time work hours not guaranteed
university health care system
Radiology Engineer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 25, 2017
Great place to work. Great people. One of the most conscientious places to work. They really do believe in their mission to help and be compassionate to those seeking medical assistance.
Good Job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 11, 2017
University Hospital is one of the best hospitals I've worked at as far as ensuring adequate staffing, rewarding staff, education, etc. Hourly base pay is minimal. Good teamwork.
Great employer
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 19, 2017
Excellent environment to learn multiple technologies and devices. The environment allows employees to explore cross platform experience. The work performed also allows for expanding beyond a single arena of scope.
Prompt care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCJanuary 28, 2017
Not a pleasant place to work management is horrible patients are sweet but the work environment for the pay and hours di not match up the turn over rate is ridiculous always new faces and the people they let go they had no real reasons to do so again managers are terrible hours long pay minimum
Pros
Patient care and experience
Cons
Hours managers short lunch little pay
Operating Room
Surgical Technologist Extern (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
I love working with the employers at University. They really teach you about the O.R. environment. If I wanted to continue working in the Augusta area, University would be one of my first choices to work.
Dietary aide westwood
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 14, 2016
The older people in the home are sweet hearts bu the employees are so rude the kitchen workers talk about each other its really a bad home needs to be torn down ..
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
To Much work little pay
Great place to work with the interaction with the patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 7, 2016
There is a very great sense of team work. Always be kind no matter what happens in your day. It is a great place to work assisting the patients and the interaction between the staff and the patients.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
work three weekend a month and only off one.
Everyone Experience Is Different
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 13, 2016
Everyone experience is different. The experience that I had was not as pleasant. Be mindful if you are in school and if you have another job. Let no one stop you from achieving your goals. I will not work for this place ever again.
Pros
Learned a lot in my area and my field of work
Cons
Pay, Benefits
University Hospital Orthopedic and Spine Center PCA
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 9, 2016
If you are seeking employment with University Hospital in Augusta, Ga I would warn you to think twice before accepting a job as a PCA on their Orthopedic and Spine floor. 9 OSC as it is often referred to is by far one of the worst units to work on. The Management is poor, and on night shift they are poorly staffed except for the RN's. The Registered Nurse’s get away with complete murder, if you try to report or go against them in any way you will lose. There is no team work what so ever and if you are unable to keep up and maintain your work load you will be written up by the charge RN. The Management shows favoritism among the staff and if one of your co-workers don't like you for any reason then no one will like you, essentially you will be black balled on the unit until you either transfer to a better work environment or resign to avoid any further stress that this unit may cause in your life. I hope and pray as a PCA, CNA, PCT you do not choose to work for University hospitals orthopedic and spine unit because I guarantee you that you will soon regret it.
Pros
You can payroll deduct and charge lunch in the cafeteria with your work badge.
Cons
There are too many to list 9 OSC should be shut down.
Hospital is top driven now and little care for the staff. It is sad to see how much it has changed.
Adm 1 (Former Employee) –  Augusta-Richmond County, GAAugust 21, 2016
They are a magnet hospital but don't truly value nurses. Have become more focused on control at the top. Some very autocratic leaders.
Pros
Security, location
Cons
Don't care about their people. Hospital president is a two-faced sneak.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

University Health Care System Reviews by Location