University Health System - San Antonio, TX Employee Reviews

Friendly co workers / smile
Carelink Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2019
Nice people that I worked with but a lot of my supervisors were not organized or not present for any questions . A lot of people that I worked with have been there for years and are almost seeking retirement so it would leave me to do majority of the work due to lack of medical issues and no supervision in departments so it was very stressful for me. Felt like I was over worked and under paid
Pros
Great benefits and great place to had retired
Cons
Poor management no team work
Ultrasound Technologist II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2019
Good place to work. In the clinic I work in has great hours. Good employees. Fast paced out patient clinic. My direct supervisor listens to my opinion.
Great opportunity’s and competitive pay
Emergency Center Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2019
University Hospital is a great place to work. They offer great benefits, and are decently flexible with their scheduling. They have unlimited learning opportunities due to the fact that they are a level 1 trauma center and teaching hospital. They also have several committees available for anyone (departmentally) to join which will provide further advancement. Needlessly this job is what you make it.
Pros
Payroll deduction for food and scrubs, great working community
Cons
Cafeteria
Student
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2019
I was a student during the time I worked at University Health System so there is not much to add here as far as working as an actual employee. The best part of the job was seeing a plethora of diagnoses.
University Health System
Registration Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229March 7, 2019
This is a great place to work. Keep in Mind that work is work and you will be working with a diverse group of people. Management is fair and understanding. Co workers are great and have a good concept of a team enviroment.
Do not recommend
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2019
University Health System is a teaching hospital. I was there for 6 years and had so many different supervisors that I couldn't count. The VP in my division was very bias and if she didn't like you, she would make life miserable for you. Not a very understand environment considering it is a hospital.
Pros
Teaching hospital
Cons
Seems like working at high school because people are back stabbers
Flexibility
Senior Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Able to balance home/life/children.

Enjoyed working with peers and having a great relationship built on respect and integrity. Team was great and successful.
Productive work place
Hemodialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Dialysis Technicians are medical specialists trained in the operation of a dialysis machine. Their primary duties include monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment, ensuring usage of the machine is safe and secure and adjusting patient fluid removal rates as required
Excellent place to work at. It would be the perfect place of employment if more advancement opportunities were available.
Outpatient Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2019
I have enjoyed growing and learning through my employment at University Health System; however, I am searching for an opportunity for advancement and would like to learn new skills.
Pros
Opportunity to work with people, Diversifed culture, Excellent benefits, Great management teams
Cons
Difficult to advance.
Fast paced.
Saff RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2019
UHS is a very fast paced work environment. The patient population is very diverse. It is, however a great teaching hospital. The nursing staff is very supportive.
Pros
3 days per week
Cons
short breaks, if you manage your time well.
Your hired for one unit and ends out to be multiple units
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2019
This is not a healthy environment to work in for anyone, people do not care about your health and you do not get credit for the work you
perform. When evaluation time comes around you are not granted a
high enough score, you are given a low score.
Cons
poor management
Great place to learn
GI Clinic Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2018
Having been an employee for 8 years with University, I have to say that it's the best place to learn as a medical professional. That is why I have stayed PRN for so long because, it's not an easy place to leave permanently.
The community is the priority
CPRIT Breast Health Navigator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2018
In everything UHS does, the patients within Bexar County that were uninsured or underinsured, were the priority. UHS provided excellent care to the indigent population.
loved it
Community Health Worker/Educator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78207December 2, 2018
Loved working for UHS! If you enjoy what you do for a living everything else falls in place. For me this company was amazing and my team was as much.
University Health Service is a good place to work.
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at this position but employees working at this clinic have difficulty dealing with new employees and were not as flexible to work with new employees. The job was challenging on a daily basis to be able to accomplish all that was requested. I had to leave this position due to family emergency.
Cons
Holidays are not paid time off, require to use PTO.
Awesome PCC, great teamwork. Awful pay.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TxNovember 27, 2018
At first I loved working at UHS until I got off orientation and realized we are ALWAYS understaffed!! Management always want nurses to pick up shift, but do not offer any incentives. If we have enough RNs, then we are usually short techs, and have to do total care for our 4-5 pts. May not sound too bad, but working on a surgical trauma floor, most of your patients need assistance getting up to go to the restroom or doing any ADLs, if they can even get up at all. Half of our techs our great and the other half are usually sitting around trying to get out of doing any work or hiding. They are constantly adding more to our workload without increasing pay or helping in any other way.Thank GOD my PCC and other nurses I work with are amazing or I would have left a long time ago. Pay is awful, like a total joke, benefits are decent. There is no room for advancement. If using the insurance provided you have to use docs that are either with UHS or UT making it difficult to get in to their office, especially pediatrics, because they rarely are accepting new patients. You have the option to go out of network but that costs an arm and a leg and totally not worth it. Administration is a joke. Hopefully something changes or they decide they need to be paying their nurses better because I will soon be looking for a new job.
Pros
Great teamwork amongst nurses
Cons
Pay, nurse to patient ratios, staffing in general
Work Center
Generalist-PRN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78207November 23, 2018
Wonderful people to work with. Enjoyable environment. The work schedule was great for my class schedule. There is only limited testing when compared to the main hospital but still will give you great experience. Only downside is the location.
Diversity
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2018
Well organized company and willing to help out the community. Great location and growing to serve the greater part of San Antonio areas. Gives back to the community by charity.
Management is horrible.
Cat Scan Tech III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2018
All you are to the corporation is a warm body... They have no interest in your well being. I hardly ever was relieved to eat in a twelve hour work shift.
Pros
Paid me what I was worth.
Cons
Terrible HR and Management.
Teaching hospital
Telephone Triage Nurse Advise (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2018
I have been with system for 20 years this months. A great place to work see survey questions. Highly recommended. Working in the ER was the best place for me then managing clinics for ambulatory setting was awesome.
Pros
works with school schedule, higher education
Cons
short breaks, working all alone might shift