University Health System
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

University Health System Employee Reviews

United States129 reviews

universityhospitalpatientnursehealthdepartmentlevelinsurance

What is the best part of working at University Health System?Your coworkers, fast paced, always busy.What is the most stressful part about working at University Health System?None that I can think of.

company claims they care but more concerned about dept budgets then giving raised to loyal employees then anything

i don't recommend working here it's a joke. departments care more about budgets then raises. Won't allow you to work from home even if you can 100% do your job from home.

University Health System insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Don't make this your first job.

The raises are tiny. Generally 2 percent. If you don't start high, you'll never get high. unless you can get into some type of leadership role. Then $$

Pros

Kind of like working at a factory

Great job great pay, long hours but worth it. Nursing staff is very helpful when showing you the routine and procedures to perform. Loved working in the nicu

Great company to work for

Awesome benefits , great management experience they treat us as family. It is a fast pace setting in any department you work in. There is always room for opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Medical

Cons

Short lunch break 30min

Overtime is always available,

Working short-staffed excessively. The working environment does not reflect a typical magnet hospital. Patient care is always at risk. Your nurse license is always at risk. Unit managers tend to not care.

Pros

overtime available

Cons

barely get uninterrupted meal breaks, minorities tend to get worst assignments.

Cared about my work and the patients; management could be an impediment

Pay is very low. People in healthcare are among the hardest workers and lowest paid for what they do, especially during the increased workplace risks during the pandemic. What was rewarding was providing good care for patients. Management did not support this. Rather they applied Micky-Mouse micromanagement metrics, which served to take a tole on morale. Furthermore, these metrics were tied to pay and were set up not to recognize the incredibly hard work most workers put in, causing further demoralization.

Great!

It was great place to work. Supportive environment, diverse population, lots of opportunity. I really have nothing else to say. My manager was great.

Not proud to be apart of UHS

When I first started working here I loved my job. After years here I now see that UHS does not care about their employees. They do not take any complaints about other employees seriously. All they do is move the employee. Only reason I stay is for the insurance.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

No breaks at times

Lots of work opportunities if you are unhappy in one area can transfer- every are required hard work- working in teaching hospital is great everyone works well together!!! I’d recommend uhs to everyone!!

Pros

Good working relationship with physicians and ancillary staff

Cons

Short breaks

👎🏻 No Lack of respect for your work and a lot of preference for other races

Pésimo lugar no dice no no racismo en algunos departamentos no son muy justos y no debemos dar preferencia si no reconocer que hay empleados que realmente cumple. Pero como no son de su agrado

Loved working at UHS but new management always make decisions that affect daily work

Liked my co workers, easy tasks after 10 years no regrets but new managements fir some reason maje preference and tries to make decisions that affect work flow

Pros

Hourly schedule

Cons

Everyone wants to be a boss in certain depts.

Stressful but lots of exercise

Working at UCH, you had the opportunity to meet a lot of people. In our department, which was contracted through a 3rd party at the time; had a huge turn over rate. Every two weeks there was new people. Management was pretty decent surprisingly. They tried to be understanding with scheduling and needed time off. I made sure to work part time and put my requests for time off in promptly. The pay wasn't good, and even the hospital administration felt we were underpaid. We did eventually get a slight increase, but not much. One good this was paid differential on weekends, evenings ,and holidays. The worse part of the job for me was transporing the deceased, and dealing with rude nurses.

depends where you work

it's a very big big big hospital, depending which unit you're interested in. They're always short staffed, and a lot of movement specially in the weekdays. very high acuity patients.

Pros

good benefits, most of the coworkers are nice, employee discounts

Cons

most management is all over the place, every floor is different, can be really unorganized and miscommunication happens often since there's a lot of teams involved.

Low low pay

Low pay and does not care about its employees health or safety. No work from home available for non clinical workers even though there are covid outbreaks occurring.

Poor management

Management like to micro manage you. New rules or regulations regarding your job performance are not discussed with you until they agree what is best without asking their employees how we feel. Up until 2 years ago I ustu think very highly of UHS

Secure job, however there is no room for professional advancement, pto and benefits are not competitive or reasonable.

Average workplace. Below average employee moral. There are no incentives to be efficient or proficient for most employees. You will learn a lot due to it being an academic level 1 trauma facility, but not be compensated for your work or expertise.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

Pto given and approved.

Great place to work, benefits

Working at UHS was my first full-time, permanent job that was not minimum wage, so despite my salary being considered low compared to other professionals, I was very satisfied with my experience there. Organization is structured and they provide many opportunities for training, development, and working on other teams/projects/committees. For my own department, I met with my supervisor and the director regularly and they cared about my progress and contributions to the team. There are opportunities to get raises annually and more PTO accumulation based on years worked.

Pros

Stable benefits, extensive training, growth

Cons

Favor hiring from within over external candidates, in some departments upper level management will not speak to you

Good Benefits

Good benefits and a great place to learn a lot. However, there is not a lot room for career growth or advancement. They do give you $400 each year to use for continuing education.

Pros

Benefits, education allowance

Cons

Always busy, lack of job advancement

Fun to be at

It was excellent until they changed a little bit, they wanted us to do something at all times and never to be seen sitting down, in my opinion, why do nurses and cnas get to do that? But us be on our feet all day and looking busy?. Other ppl from other departments can have colored hair but we in transportation couldn't? And let's not leave out the fact that the cnas can have their earpods in their ears while on break. But us transporters couldn't? Wow some set of rules and singling out certain departments they have!?. Nice going good looking out!.

Pros

Fun ppl

Cons

Overworking ppl and still being given alot of work

Non flexible

Management is not flexible. Not allowed to work from home (even when some people do). Expected to work long hours but not comp time in exchange. Management favoritism.

Pros

Great compensation

Cons

Flexibility

Common questions about University Health System

Answered by current and former employees at University Health System

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight