University Health System
71Above average

University Health System Employee Reviews

United States102 reviews
Productive Fun Workplace
Compensation/Benefits, Job Security/Advancement are a plus here. Health systems continues to grow and provide outreach to communities throughout Bexar county.
This is a highly political and toxic work environment.
I am speaking for the Biomedical Engineering department only.

Revolving Door!

You will be asked ‘daily’ to compromise your integrity. This is not a true Biomedical Engineering department. You have to keep on to get on—drink the Kool-Aid; has been described by many as a ‘lick it and stick it facility.’ You will be asked to falsify documentation and install errors to skew numbers. The primary use of energy and resources/money is not service but instead politics. Working at UHS is like playing a political game where everyone has set a cap for intelligence, that of a 7th grader—underdeveloped frontal lobe. You actually have to lower your intelligence to work here; eventually, you will forget how to do a real job. Working here is a career mistake and should be avoided at all costs. You will literally be more productive going on unemployment until you can acquire employment elsewhere. The only two reasons people stay at UHS is their pay is ‘okay’ and their health insurance is ‘excellent.’ Do yourself a favor and forget this place as an option. Again, to warn and state—this is not a ‘true’ Biomedical Engineering job. You will not be doing biomedical work. You will be making it ‘look’ like you are, but you will in-fact be manipulating data to report false numbers to leadership. And you will be threatened if you question anything. If you choose to work here, just remember to survive, keep your head down and protect your mental health—armor yourself.
great company to wrk for
My interview was a success. loved working for this company but for health reasons I retired early. Pharmacy Department has too many chiefs that's the only down fall
Lateral Bullying
Bullying existed among the nursing staff and nursing staff to patients.

Experienced other nurses speaking unprofessionally of co-worker who worked the previous shift to patients.

Nurses refuse to help one another and had a habit of gossiping and isolating newly hired nurses.

Unhealthy work environment, distrustful employees. A lot of confrontation and bullying.
Experience
A great place to start if you don't have any experience. Encourage continuous education and you make a lot of friends that are dedicated to helping people in need.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
University Health System is a great place to work
My direct report and all of my clients were the best ever!!
Excellent place to work. Great schedule and staff. Always treated with respect. Position paid well.
Gender Pay
I would give them more stars HOWEVER as a female KNOWING my coworker who is a male and has only 1 more year of experience than me gets about $6-$7 more than me and he is also new to the company where as I have committed to them for 10 years. Yet for the past 2 years they haven’t given me the adjust rate because I “make to much” yet I know he got the raise last year. Me and my other coworker who is a female make the same and I have 1 year more experience then she does!
The best part is that it is a Magnet Hoapital
My daily routine was 10-12 patients. I loved it there. I worked in the new building Sky tower. Everyone was so helpful and learned new things about different surgeries. Doctors who rounded were also pretty helpful. I attended morning huddles which included some awards and welcomings to new staff.
Good Experience
Working at University Health System is definitely a great experience that allows you to learn new skills in many different areas. They offer great benefits and for the most part are very flexible with your schedule.
Productive, easy going workplace.
A typical day at work, excelled customer service for patients. What I learned, additional customer service skills, learning how to handle multiple tasks at once, while keeping patient calm and happy.
Great place
It is very good place to work there,I Love the Environment they work well with everyone!! They are flexible with new and old employees!! I really enjoy working there it's been a pleasure to serve the people !
Productive and fun workplace: Easy Remote Position
University is a great company to work for. The pay is mediocre but the benefits are awesome. The culture and diversity of the company is also very pleasurable.
PBS location
Management is a nightmare and does not care about their staff what-so-ever. if you're desperate for income then work there for the income but as soon as you can get out and move on to better, do so....fast.
Good place
Good place to work at. A lot of red tape, not many changes. The bottom line is important but so is patient care. Overall a good place to be in if you get an offer
Great place to work. Love the fact that they have flexible hours,12 hour shifts. You get to learn so much, they teach you well. You have great benefits.
dedication to patient care
My work there was in the SICU. There work there is fast paced with many emergency patients being admitted. The nursing staff is very supportive of each other. I felt the management provided the staff the items needed to provide great patient care.
No possiblity for advancement
Only if your a nurse or Doctor to you have room for advancement. Also, helps if you know management to help you move up. No consideration for experience or other degrees besides nursing or medical Doctors.
Pros
Mon- Friday only
Cons
No advancement
Great Workplace
It's been amazing since i started working there. I have learned so much and learn something new everyday. I can say we do always have lots of team work and the rewards they give us every year are really nice! I had my baby girl at University Hospital and the labor & delivery staff were amazing as well!
excellent
great employer would work for them again. good opportunity and pleasant people, good boss. good salary, good hours, no issues. Well supported and valued.
Stable place to work with average benefits
This company provides average pay and benefits to their employees but does not offer much flexibility for improved work-life balance. The company does prefer to promote from within and provides a variety of training programs to employees as a way to expand professional skills.
Great place to learn nursing skills.
I recomend this job to anyone that love working with patients and willing to learn more nursing skills. Very excellent health insurance for the family.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight