University HealthCare Alliance Employee Reviews

Do not work here!!!
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJuly 18, 2018
There were many employees that were treated very unfairly. The Supervisor told the Director some untrue things to get the Manager Fired, then from there at least 10 people were let go due to snitching or not being a FAV!!!!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working here I walked away with experience, but I also learned to always keep documentation for your own good.
management is awful
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 25, 2018
the benefits here aren't worth the lack of skill with the management. the managers here are under qualified and inexperienced.
they don't know how the clinics work and are more concerned with how numbers look than how patients and staff are treated. we don't even have a designated HR representative.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
managers, Hr, lack of leadersip and organization.
Fast growing/pace, must be able to wear multiply hats
Administrative Assistant to Chiefs (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 17, 2018
I had very little room for any advancement in a supportive role even though I had over 20 years experience and a B.A. H.R. is a work in progress, and if you report harassment, or bullying it usually will come back on you, the victim rather than the one dishing it out.

I had some great bosses but that was the exception in most cases management needs to be open minded and the leader is old-school, and demeaning to women in lower roles than himself
Pros
Good pay, and benes, made some good working friendships
Cons
no where to go in the company, and is not transparent with pay, women/men
Workplace culture
PSR, MA, LVN, RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 12, 2018
My training was NOT a positive experience as a new employee, because certain employees are constantly training and there is no compensation for their efforts, which allows for burnout, stress and a lack of support for new employees to thrive. The workplace culture was bias, misleading and you feel as if you are in time warp from 1967 to 1800's and beyond...Beware! There are many companies to choose from that value true talent, hard work and have excellent leadership to manage and support "all" employees not just a select few!
To divide, conquer and cause strife in the work place is expensive for UHA, because of HIGH TURNOVER and it is a poor management model to follow if you are worried about the bottom line! Good luck to those of you that apply, interview and a offer is extended!
Pros
Independent thinking employees, that are genuine and value C-ICARE
Cons
Machiavelli Management with no direction or support of staff and their flying monkey employees
the gym
Follow-up insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Holidays: Thanks Giving, Christmas
Cooperate with co-worker: to bring AR % down
Manager cares for employees: giving us a gift for Holiday & Birth day
Advance Workforce Analytics, Drive Employee Engagement, Build Employee Strengths...
Refund
Correspondence
Pros
Thanksgiving
Cons
Regular break
wonderful place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJanuary 19, 2018
i love my job and i love the people i work with. the only problem is that since UHA bought out my company there is a lack of communication between management and staff.
See resume
Account Representative II (Insurance) (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 1, 2017
It is a great place to work. On this side of the bridge. It is a growing company and has many opening. IT is also in a great location right next to the Dumbraton.
Uhc
Physician Recruitment & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 8, 2017
This unfortunately not a great experience. The turnover was really high, the CEO was less than par, the pay wasn't all that great, the benefits were nice, so that was a positive.

Overall, I was treated very well but this is not a place I would recommend.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 4, 2017
I have worked here for 1 1/2 years. I like the people, doctors. A lot of the doctors like to teach you new things. I'm a float so knowing/remembering what each doctor likes can be complicated but most doctors do not have an issue with you asking questions/giving reminders.
Productive and a fun place to work at
HIMS Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Medical Record abstraction and electronic Medical record filing,I learned a new system (ONBASE) while working at UHA and it was very nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company perks that were provided like office events and potlucks.
Pros
Free Lunches and 1hr lunch option, great working hours
Cons
Health Insurance to expensive for employees
Growing work environment
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 24, 2016
My duties as a coordinator is to reconcile daily work for the registration department, Lead a group of 15 - 20 people, lead morning meetings "huddles", work on error registration reports, report end of day daily registration work.
Regret leaving last job
Coding & Charge Capture Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 14, 2016
Exclusionary environment. Management-nothing positive to say. If management determines you are NOT a good fit in-you'll be fired. Hardest part of job was navigating through politics of job. Most enjoyable part of job-ice cream social & overtime.
Opportunity to gain experience. Horrible management
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMarch 27, 2016
I worked there for a little over 3 months in the revenue cycle department. It was an opportunity to learn the system Epic which is being used almost everywhere. Staff on the floor is extremely friendly and definitely approachable with any questions etc.. However the down fall of the department is the manager and one of the supervisors. Too much drama, playing games, so unprofessional. They know staff hates them. Willing to not compromise. They ask what they can do better but then have a come back on why they can't do something. All their employees hate them. lol And at month end you HAVE to stay and attempt to finish whatever you can. It's just for show though. Everything can be bulk posted. Result will be the same. Manager even asked me for a copy of my offer letter when I gave my notice of resignation. Supervisor acts like a 7th grader, talking about employees being BFF in staff meetings. Truly unbelievable. They also keep talking about another company that they do not EVEN compare to whether it be class or pay.
Pros
Excellent working hours 630am to 3pm, staff on the floor is willing to help
Cons
unprofessional manager and supervisor, pay is ok if your an entry level, month end and $270 a month for benefits.
Medical Billing
Medical Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 10, 2015
Processed up to 250 patients charge ticket's in EPIC & coded what needed to be coded. Good place to work. I was working there as a temp.
Always has work to do.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAAugust 2, 2015
Good company with very pleasant co-workers. Flexiable work hours when needed. Mangement can use more communication with employees on daily basis.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not enough communication.
extensive training
Patient Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 2, 2015
Great training . Staff had extensive knowledge and training of software and ability to making learning fun. Wonderful work hours and centrally located. Co-workers were pleasant and pleasure to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to assist patients while working in a nice work place. The hardest part of the job was leaving when assignment was completed.
Pros
Detailed training with travel reimbursement
Cons
Temporary contract assignment
Great Life Balance - Missing the Work
Management (Current Employee) –  Management, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Great work environment. People are super friendly. Flexible hours. Deadlines are flexible too (can stretch deadlines from 1 day to 3 months). "Due now" simply means you've ran out of excuses.

Great place for people looking for experience, but a trap hole for those seasoned veterans which is proven by their never ending revolving door.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Laid back environment
things could have been a little more organized
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 27, 2014
The company is GREAT! However, the staff is not team oriented and it is very disheartening that growth is promised yet it is not achieved. The company focuses on amazing care for patients and one another yet they do not promote it within the office. It is very unfortunate that the management does not see it.
Pros
GREAT company with great values
Cons
the staff does not practice the values that they want to instill
Very Knowledgeable/ Life Experiences/Immaturity Staff and Management
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward,CAOctober 23, 2014
I would not recommend this place in Hayward especially as and Operations Support Specialist. You go in and they tell you about the job but it changes everyday, I enjoyed teaching the Epic systems and also, they don't tell you that you are suppose to go around and critique and tell on your co-workers. Management has huddles everyday to find out about each other. There is a NON-Gossiping rule but this department is the first to break it. Horrible staff experience over all. The job is the only thing I enjoyed. So please think twice before applying . YOU will be under the microscope as soon as you step foot there in Hayward. Immature staff and Management. You will walk in tall , but you will leave there everyday feeling small. I'm not bitter I'm just warning you.
Pros
fun, teaching Epic EMR systems
Cons
Snitching and spying on one another and having to report it.
Unorganized and not professional
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 17, 2014
The company in walnut creek is a mess. Ghetto employees. Management does not know how to tame that office. Rules changed on a daily basis. Was trained one way then next day was told things changed and to do things differently. The place is a complete mess..
Pros
Cons
Unorganized