University HealthCare Alliance Employee Reviews

Unreasonable Deadlines
Claims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 19, 2019
Deadlines not well established, especially during major assignments requested and lack of staff. Not well organized with a manager who does not know the work flow of each part of her department.
Pros
Work to always be done.
Cons
Not well paid for all duties need performed and no inspiration from manager.
great work ethics
HIMS Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 19, 2019
I love working for this company im just trying to find a nearer location for my family. I have work as a hims clerk and also learn a lot with the experience they gave me.
Pros
good management
Cons
changes with daily ideAS
Awesome Coworkers
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  7999 Gateway Blvd. Newark,CA.April 10, 2019
Co-workers are wonderful!
My situation was handle unprofessionally by Management in the Float Pool (toxic).
Example- if you had an opinion about something they said, you will get a write up/a point just for letting them know how you feel. You’ll find out not during the conversation but during your yearly evaluation when they go over with you.

Management needs more training on how to approach a problem, & treat Employees with C I - CARE!
I’m happy & moving on.....
Pros
Awesome Coworkers
Cons
Float Pool Management
work
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 8, 2019
our typical day at work is very busy processing claims all day. i've learned a lot to bring onto more into my experience as a claims examiner II. management is really poor, otherwise okay. workplace culture is diverse which i like. the hardest part of the job is researching a whole lot to make sure that we processed the claims correctly and get paid. the most enjoyable part of the job is really not much due to so much workloads you won't have time to do anything or participate in any of the company events.
Pros
we get to work from home
Cons
relocation of the company
Review from prospective RN MNGR post interview , Menlo Park
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Menlo park, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Let me first preface this by stating, I was not offered a position. This was entirely my fault, as:
1. I went through a recruiting process that I was not familiar with.
2. I WAS, admittedly late due to a medical appointment conflict
Which
3. Likely cost me consideration (and understandably so).. and caused frustration within myself. I, that day, would not have hired me either..
Continuing on, the organization IS completely restructuring, addressing the previous comments. New Administration is implementing on site Nurse management to address segmented communication.

Everyone I had the pleasure of meeting was extremely kind and I did not experience nor get the feeling of any discord by/from current staff. Albeit, I was only there momentarily, I cannot speak to the day to day but can speak to the organizations attempt to restructure the current management process.

If only my interview was not that day... it likely would have gone much smoother. If I HAD been offered the position, I would have taken it, hoping for permanency.
Pros
Great communication with upper management and intended Improvement on middle management
Cons
Don't go through a recruiter
Uha
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CADecember 21, 2018
UHA certainly should not call themselves "Stanford"
As someone in healthcare for over 20 years, and having worked for the big guns in the bay area, do not waste your time and career

Clinics if making money are left to their own devices. Middle mgmt are business office types, they do not understand the clinical process and could care less. Clinic managers are left to "figure it out" aka fail.

Policy is not followed or enforced and managers are not truly given the power of change. Never met upper execs, in fact middle mgmt puts protective bubble over the clinic so that nothing gets through to them. Which is terrible considering how bad the clinics are.

Given lots of "Stanford" branded swag, drug reps still bring lunch, snacks like the old days.

Bottom line: Nobody is watching, employees, middle mgmt knows it and they all take advantage of it to the fullest extent. The illusion of wow i have been chosen to work for Stanford quickly wears off about 2 months in when your exposed to what is really going on.
Pros
Stanford name on resume
Cons
Menlo park and san meateo no teamwork no real benifits nor pay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 2, 2018
The structure is not professional, you stand during the course of your work shift they are not patient they smile in your face talk behind your back they ate not appearance professional in clothing nor have real benifits majority of the doctors are not intune nor friendly overall not a recommended place to work .
Pros
Dont bother working here
Cons
Promises not kept
micro manage
Patient Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAOctober 5, 2018
it was so stressful place to work. if you have young kids not a place for you to work. you have to used your PTO if your kids are sicks and need time off.
Pros
some employees became family
Cons
poor management
Productive Environment
Trainer and Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 30, 2018
UHA is a competitive fast paste environment that promotes CICARE. CICARE promotes interpersonal respect between members, physicians and colleagues. UHA is a great company to work with depends on your needs. I would recommend UHA to anyone who is interested in a fast growing entity.
Pros
work from home
Cons
limited on selection of healthcare coverage options.
Supervisor supportive team awesome
Revenue Integrity Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 3, 2018
Great place to work, great supportive team, the commute had become too much, forcing me to re-locate jobs, the jobs was in process of re-locating and moving further out.
Pros
great team
Cons
long commute
Do not work here!!!
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJuly 18, 2018
There were many employees that were treated very unfairly. The Supervisor told the Director some untrue things to get the Manager Fired, then from there at least 10 people were let go due to snitching or not being a FAV!!!!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working here I walked away with experience, but I also learned to always keep documentation for your own good.
An organization that provides great care to patients
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 14, 2018
I had a pleasant experience at UHA. The training and development opportunities helped me improve. I understood my daily work contributed to their mission.It was just at that point where administration was recognizing staff in a positive manner for their work.
Pros
nice coworkers
benefits
management is awful
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 25, 2018
the benefits here aren't worth the lack of skill with the management. the managers here are under qualified and inexperienced.
they don't know how the clinics work and are more concerned with how numbers look than how patients and staff are treated. we don't even have a designated HR representative.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
managers, Hr, lack of leadersip and organization.
Fast growing/pace, must be able to wear multiply hats
Administrative Assistant to Chiefs (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 17, 2018
I had very little room for any advancement in a supportive role even though I had over 20 years experience and a B.A. H.R. is a work in progress, and if you report harassment, or bullying it usually will come back on you, the victim rather than the one dishing it out.

I had some great bosses but that was the exception in most cases management needs to be open minded and the leader is old-school, and demeaning to women in lower roles than himself
Pros
Good pay, and benes, made some good working friendships
Cons
no where to go in the company, and is not transparent with pay, women/men
Workplace culture
PSR, MA, LVN, RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 12, 2018
My training was NOT a positive experience as a new employee, because certain employees are constantly training and there is no compensation for their efforts, which allows for burnout, stress and a lack of support for new employees to thrive. The workplace culture was bias, misleading and you feel as if you are in time warp from 1967 to 1800's and beyond...Beware! There are many companies to choose from that value true talent, hard work and have excellent leadership to manage and support "all" employees not just a select few!
To divide, conquer and cause strife in the work place is expensive for UHA, because of HIGH TURNOVER and it is a poor management model to follow if you are worried about the bottom line! Good luck to those of you that apply, interview and a offer is extended!
Pros
Independent thinking employees, that are genuine and value C-ICARE
Cons
Machiavelli Management with no direction or support of staff and their flying monkey employees
the gym
Follow-up insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Holidays: Thanks Giving, Christmas
Cooperate with co-worker: to bring AR % down
Manager cares for employees: giving us a gift for Holiday & Birth day
Advance Workforce Analytics, Drive Employee Engagement, Build Employee Strengths...
Refund
Correspondence
Pros
Thanksgiving
Cons
Regular break
wonderful place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJanuary 19, 2018
i love my job and i love the people i work with. the only problem is that since UHA bought out my company there is a lack of communication between management and staff.
See resume
Account Representative II (Insurance) (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 1, 2017
It is a great place to work. On this side of the bridge. It is a growing company and has many opening. IT is also in a great location right next to the Dumbraton.
Uhc
Physician Recruitment & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 8, 2017
This unfortunately not a great experience. The turnover was really high, the CEO was less than par, the pay wasn't all that great, the benefits were nice, so that was a positive.

Overall, I was treated very well but this is not a place I would recommend.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 4, 2017
I have worked here for 1 1/2 years. I like the people, doctors. A lot of the doctors like to teach you new things. I'm a float so knowing/remembering what each doctor likes can be complicated but most doctors do not have an issue with you asking questions/giving reminders.